Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeon Trekking Elite Adventure Squad

Woodsworth Village was a quaint little place. Within its confines, it was small, concentrated, and lovely.

eHctytr.jpg

A young one, who could be called neither child nor adult, hung around the Woodsworth tavern. Whether it was the voice or the look, the gender of this individual was not clear in the slightest. As it is unclear, the young one will be referred to as a 'he' for now. He was not here for a beverage, but something else. He peers at the job board - the perfect place for a good allowance.

"I wouldn't reccommend that job for squirts like you," the tavern owner says as he cleans a part of the front table, "direwolves eat kids like you for breakfast when they run out of deer, and even an idiot would know that you're an easier target than anything galloping on fours."

"Sounds dangerous," the petite one said, "b- but it's certainly pretty basic compared to what I have back home, I hope..."

"Back home?" the owner, curious, asks, "where is back home, anyways?"

"Somewhere far away," the young'n replies, "the cold, tundra areas."

"And what would an chick from the arctic be doing here?"

The chap takes the job and prepares to leave via the door, turning back for dramatic effect.

"I'm an adventurer, what wouldn't I be doing here?"

The self-proclaimed, 150 centimetre tall adventurer takes his leave, with job in hand and a nervous expression decorating that androgynous face, seeing his eventual reward not as a greedy sum to chew on, but the savings he needed to survive. His current destination - the Woodsworth Forest.

Last edited:
Sir Nicholas the Bold gets up from his chair in the tavern. "Woah there lad, Let me have a look at that job posting," He moves to Wellington and takes a look at the posting. "I am Sir Nicholas the Bold. An adventurer like yourself. I would like to partner with you on this quest for a share of the treasure. What is your name lad? Will you have me?" said Nicholas. His own savings started to run low. But more importantly, you don't quest alone, if possible. He sees a bit of himself in a young lad starting out on adventure and doesn't want to see him eaten by wolves.

Direwolf Infestation

Recently, the direwolves that have lived in the deeper, forbidden parts of the forests all this time are starting to spread into the accessible parts. Some are even entering our villages, pillaging livestock and people alike.

Quest Requirements: Slay Direwolves. Bring 10 Direwolf Pelt as evidence
Reward: 500 Dubloons

That was what was written on the piece of paper.

"Hello Sir Nicholas the Bold. I am known as Star Guardian Wellington, this here," Wellington, as he was called, points to his strange hat, "is Windell. The town needs help from adventurers, and I'm a bit nervous... but it's hard to say no to those in need... and the income I need to live."

Wellington scratches his head bashfully at that last sentence. It wasn't honourable, but it was pretty true.

"Just calling me Nicholas is fine. So you a magic type then?" asked Nicholas. He raised an eyebrow when Wellington introduced his hat, then gave the hat a brief nod of acknowledgement. Nicholas had come across talking swords and shields before. A Hat with a mind of it's own wasn't much of a stretch. "Aye lad, we all need to eat. But this task needs more hands. Ideally we should recrui t a healer type. Also a ranger type might be good as a guide. I do my fair share of hunting and could track down the wolves, but I am new to this forest. As for shares, I only ask 100 dubloons you can split the other 400 with any one else that joins," said Nicholas. Now was the test to see if Wellington had sense to add more party members or was a greedy fop.

Lehiri had come down a bit before these two, the lovely young tiefling young looked over the board slowly and carefully. She was in need of funds, especially considering she was going to be leaving soon, and she preferred to find a job that might be relatively easy. She was just about to give up and turn back to her room and leave, when she overheard some hedge knight and a young child in a large hat speaking about splitting their rewards with others.

She quickly adjusted her shirt, ensuring it showed off enough cleavage to entice the knight and walked over to them. "Hello. I couldn't help overhearing that you needed help with an adventure. I'd be happy to lend my services to you two fine gentlemen." The attractice red woman smiled kindly at the two, "I'm Lehiri. It's very nice to make both of your acquaintance."

"I am Sir Nicholas the Bold and he is Star Guardian Wellington. It is a pleasure to meet you Lehiri," said Nicholas with a slight bow. He glanced at her cleavage for a moment. She did go to the trouble of adjusting her shirt, and Nicholas didn't wish to be rude. Judging by how softly she walked and how polished her movements were, Nicholas suspected their new friend was a rouge or duelist type. Just to be sure he added,"The job in question is slaying Dire Wolves and bringing back 10 pelts as proof. Would you be up to such a task? The reward is 500 Dubloons. After my fee of 100 Dubloons, Master Wellington has 400 of the reward to split as he sees fit." Deep down he hoped the Teifling joined the party. At least then camping would be more interesting.

Lehiri raised an eyebrow, she was wearing a tight leather shirt and breastplate that left her arms free for full rsnge of motion. It ended a few inches above her navel and had straps that connected it to her trousers. Truly these details, as well as the cleavage weren't good for combat but sometimes, persuasion was necessary.

She noticed the way the knight glanced at her breasts and acted aloof. But she did raise an eyebrow when he asked if she was up to the task, "ten dire wolves? I can quite well handle such a task, Sir Nicholas." She looked him over and smirked, "I think a knight such as yourself, you most have armor... Too much and the wolves will hesr us coming from the moment we enter the forest." She winked at Wellington, indicating she was being playful rather than malicious.

Tamika was laying down on a bench next to Aira. Tamika was in her cat form and had entered the tavern with Aira and Lehiri in this form. It was easier on Tamika since it ment less people staring at her and their group. A Human and a Teifling was a little less noticable then a Human, Teifling and a Neko. Tamika's ears flicked as she listened to Lehiri's voice while she talked to a pair of other Adventures' about a job. Lehiri was far more capable of charm and speaking then Tamika, Tamika wasn't much of a people person.

"That's true, but I don't really know where I can find more people, this village isn't exactly the biggest place around, and the fact that no one has taken this up means that there aren't too many folk to he-"

Just like that, a lady introducing herself as Lehiri walks up to the two. The added crowd only served to tensen the area. Wellington knew that this was only going to grow.

"H- hello there..." he spoke up. "Well, I do have one or two healing abilities, but they're not as efficient as a standard healer's... in team situations I'm best for the backline with ranged attacks and... uh... summons. If the wolves hear us... I wonder if they'll run or attack..."

His face turned red for a bit as Lehiri winked, before he turned to the cat on the floor, kneeling in an attempt to pet it as a smile widened.

"Is this your cat? She looks really adorable. The only cats we have back home are big, aggressive Snow Pantheras. They're not exactly companion material."

Lehiri glanced at Tamika on the bench. She smirked softly and nodded, "yes... She travels with me... So I suppose she is my.cat in a sense but she's... She's a bit more independent." She left that off as her cryptic message about the cat, "So... Wellington was it? You mentioned your hat by name. Is that common for your home?"

"Windell here's a good friend first, a good partner second, and a hat third" Wellington said as Windell's single eye turned to face Lehiri. "but yes, there are hats, backpacks and gauntlets similiar to Windell back home, all serving as good companions who live alongside us."

Aira had been sat on the bench quietly, lost in her own thoughts as her hand brushed gently through Tamika's fur. She may have been thinking, but her gaze never left Lehiri as she spoke.

Slowly coming back to her senses, the young girl picked up snippets of the conversation and sighed seeing the demon was roping them in. She stood up and walked over to the group, she didn't really appear the adventuring type with her soft blue gown and long silver hair half tied back but she did carry an old looking withered staff, adhorned with a gold and silver gem at its peak.

"Um excuse me..." She said politely, coming to stand next to Lehiri, "If you need a healer, I can offer my services. As long as our cat can come too!" She was hastened to add. They had spent too long escaping together, Aira wasn't going to leave Tamika now.

Lehiri nodded, "I see." She addressed Windell directly, "I apologize for my insolence Windell, and hope you can forgive me."

She glanced at Aria and nodded again as she spoke, "yes... The cat will have to come too." She looked at Nicholas, then Wellington, "and everyone will split the reward evenly." Lehiri wasn't the first one to trust these strangers that she was agreeing to go adventuring with, but they needed the money and having a few more capable people certainly wouldn't hurt.

They could finish the quest, then go their separate ways. Preferably taking Aria, Lehiri, and Tamika as far away from where they has come from as possible.

"Dire wolves are predators that fear no man. If they hear us coming they will attack and make finding them easier," the knight replied to Lehiri. Sir Nicolas was weary. The cat getting a share means she was probably some sort of sentient magical creature and not just a house cat. He just hoped these three women didn't leave Wellington and him tied to a tree in the woods and run off with all the money themselves. Though that seemed far fetched. "I see, we have a party then. I am ready to depart when you are. Do any of you have horses?" asked Nicholas. He didn't want to leave Shadow bolt in the stable cooped up too much.

Part of his mind ran logistics. There are 3 women and two men. So chances are he will have to give out two hot dickings, if all the women are straight. Though Wellington might be gay and worse case Scenario, Nicholas would have to give out a total of four hot dickings. While on paper that sounds fun, he doubt he could stand afterwards.

"We are ready" Aira spoke on behalf of Lehiri and Tamika as she glanced at both, then back to the knight with a small smile. "We have no ties keeping us here to the tavern and very little to travel with, so apolgoies we have no horses"

She looked to their new comrades and bit the inside of her lip nervously. Was this really such a good idea? She knew money was needed now they were on their own, but she felt a bit put out by not being able to offer horses for the quest. Infact Aira knew there was very little she could offer except maybe her healing services and maybe her input if it was asked for.

"I believe you met Lehiri, my name is Aira" she introduced herself with a small courtsy.

Last edited:
Tamika stayed next to Aira as she listened purring softly as Aira pet her. Tamika looked to the knight and to the other one who was getting close to pet her. Tamika didnt want to be rude but she also wasnt a fan of strangers touching her. She wanted to keep the cat disguise up, atleast while they were in the tavern so Tamika got up and just moved to Aira's lap and curled up again. Aira then spoke and it sounded like they were going to head out.

"No horses on my end," Wellington adds, cupping his chin, "just these boots. Huh... I really should consider a steed at some point."

Wellington noticed the cat avoiding him.

"I don't think she likes me very much. I guess I wouldn't like to be petted by someone I never met before myself," he then turns to Aira, the supposed owner of this cat, "my name is Wellington, and this over here is Windell. Good to meet you, Aira."

He never did remember this sentence, one might learn in the future.

"Well, we've decided that we'd divide the reward a hundred each, I guess... well, I don't think we have many other things to go through. Shall we make a move?"

"Very well then. It kinda sucks for you lot. But I'll dismount when we get to the woods and keep Shadow Bolt in a trot," said Nicholas. He goes to the stables and fetches his horse. When you go outside you are treated to a magnificent site. A Knight in shining armor on a beautiful black stallion. The Majesty is soon shattered when the horse asks,"Eh? Where are their horses Nicholas?" Nicholas sighed and replied,"They have none Shadow Bolt." The horse then complains,"No horses again? Why can't you party with some one with horses? Come adventuring he said. You will meet some nice mares he said. So far I only met a nag in the stables. Down right unfair if you ask me." Nicholas shoulders slumped and he muttered,"I checked his teeth, and looked him over twice. But Why didn't I listen? That horse dealer was so eager to get a prize stallion off his hands. I should of suspected something. Anyways, let's go. Shadow Bolt is a great Warhorse, but he will complain all day if we let him." To this Shadow Bolt let out a snort and started to trot. Yes, a talking horse is in your party. Congrats.

Lehiri followed her companions and the newcomers out of the inn, casting a last look around the main room for anyone who seemed a bit too suspicious for a tavern in the road. Satisfied, she turned and walked out.

The sight of the horse was very impressive, Nicholas struck a good figure riding the creature. Good enough that Lehiri almost considered bedding him, at least until the animal spoke. That did kill the mood a bit, but it was impressive nonetheless.

She checked that she had her equipment with her and glanced aroind to Aira and Tamika. Tami was especially elusive when she was a cat, and Lehiri didn't want to leave her behind.

Aira held Tamika in her arms as they walked out of the tavern, keeping the cat safe against her small chest as she walked, "let me know when you want putting down" she whispered into her ear, trying not to draw attention to it.

She looked up as she heard the horse spoke and a child like laughter left her lips, lighting her eyes up. A real knight on a real stallion! "What a handsome looking creature" she spoke softly, walking beside the horse as it trotted and patted it's flank. If she had learnt anything in life, flattery got her most places. It made sense to get on Shadow Bolt's good side now so he had less to complain about later.

Aira held Tamika in her arms as they walked out of the tavern, keeping the cat safe against her small chest as she walked, "let me know when you want putting down" she whispered into her ear, trying not to draw attention to it.

She looked up as she heard the horse spoke and a child like laughter left her lips, lighting her eyes up. A real knight on a real stallion! "What a handsome looking creature" she spoke softly, walking beside the horse as it trotted and patted it's flank. If she had learnt anything in life, flattery got her most places. It made sense to get on Shadow Bolt's good side now so he had less to complain about later.

"I could say the same to you. If you want, I'll carry you on my back and Nicholas can walk. At least you have manners," said the horse with a smile. Nicholas said nothing. If Aira wanted to ride and have him walk instead, he would. Chivalry and all that. Though he quirked an eyebrow at Tamika. Would she be carried the whole way or could that cat keep pace with humans?

Tamika felt Aira pick her up and carry her. If it was anyone else, the cat would had probably bitten and clawed at them till she was dropped. Tamika tail flicked curiously as she looked at the talking horse. A talking animal didn't surprise her all that much. Tamika then looked at the knight that was staring at her. Tamika was capable of talking while in her cat form but she would wait till they were out of town to reveal this and other things.

Lehiri was still a bit unsure of the two new additions to their little band. The young boy and his hat didn't seem to pose as much of a threat, but the knight worried her. She tried to keep an eye on him, even as the horse began speaking.

She smiled at the horse, "I'm sorry we don't have any horses for you to be with, hopefully after this we'll be able to afford some and you can spend time with them before we part ways."

Back
Top Bottom