Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What do you like to see in a request thread?

Rayne

Meteorite
Hey! This is pretty much my first time rping on a site that's forum styled. I'm still figuring out the request threads and I was wondering if anyone wanted to give me some input on what they like to see when they check out requests. Like do you prefer it to have examples of your style or just described? Do you like pictures linked with character ideas, or do you like imagining them yourself? Do you like to see people writing like they talk, or straight forward details? If you feel like helping me out I am happy to get any feedback. Thank you!

Here I go!

1) a full rules section on how you want to be contacted, addressed, what you will not do and what you prefer to do, writing specifics (grammar level, post length, etc.)

2) persona introduction that has your personality shown off, to give a good first impression on what you write like, and what you want to write.

3) at least some details into what plots or requests you have, while I don’t judge anyone, cop x criminal is vague and can be anything from a redemption story to a non-con thing. Be sure to include what role you prefer!

4) images or inspirational media to help get into the mood of the roleplay you wish to set.

That’s all just off the top of my head, really, but that’s what I personally try to do.

I like examples of what you’re looking for beyond just role-role, basic kinks you’d be into exploring, how much are you looking to do smut vs story.

Images are a bonus that keeps me interested beyond just a simple look, I tend to be more in tune to what you want if I can see some imagery of characters, scene or the smut you want.

Finally, I don’t judge by length of a post but how well written it is. It could be I notice repeated mistakes, lack of any substance or thought beyond the most basic idea. Just put effort into a request and you’d catch my eye if it was something I’d find interesting.

I like examples of what you’re looking for beyond just role-role, basic kinks you’d be into exploring, how much are you looking to do smut vs story.

Images are a bonus that keeps me interested beyond just a simple look, I tend to be more in tune to what you want if I can see some imagery of characters, scene or the smut you want.

Finally, I don’t judge by length of a post but how well written it is. It could be I notice repeated mistakes, lack of any substance or thought beyond the most basic idea. Just put effort into a request and you’d catch my eye if it was something I’d find interesting.

That summarizes how I feel about requests myself. I would also add that we all are looking for roleplays around here, and roleplayig entails creative writing. A request is the right place where you might want to showcase the fact you are a user able to deliver on that, by being articulate, detailed, invested.

I like organized threads where we know where each section is, crowded sections confuse me a whole lot.

I like it when people give enough information without making it impossible to read. I have a learning disability where big walls of text or busy images cause my brain to panic and eventually shut down, so if I have to take multiple minutes to decipher one bit of information it drives me away. That being said I don't like having a whole bunch of questions when I PM a partner I'm interested in. Of course I'm going to ask questions but there are just some things that should be included in good detail.

I also like it when people have their rules set and clear. If they're too strict I might be driven away but I'd be appreciative that they were clear about their rules. A bonus could be prompts you want to do already planned as well as the option to brainstorm

In order of importance to myself,

1/ Ideas! It all starts with being able to tell if the person is creative and has interesting ideas.
2/ An intro that lets me know what they like to explore.
3/Rules, really the only rules I am interested in is how much they like to post and expect in return and how often they expect a partner to respond.
4/ Fetishes/Limits - To me everything is relative to the story but I like to know if they have any hard limits and how those limits might relate to the story ideas they are proposing.

Things that put me right off when I click on a RT are,

1/ Font colours and sizes that are too hard to read.
2/ Fandoms.
3/ Too many pictures and other flourishes.
4/ Too many paragraphs of rules, intro and whatever else without even offering a single idea.
5/ Just pairings.
6/ Fandoms and Anime.
7/ Over the top or just plain silly rules.

Back
Top Bottom