Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sports talk

JrB

Probably watching a sport
Banished
I know this likely won't get too many hits, but if you want to, let's do that here. It's pretty much my biggest interest outside of RP'ing. I like basketball, hockey, football, and baseball. I'll watch soccer every now and then, it's definitely fun to watch a match live. I also discovered lacrosse last summer and it looks really interesting.

I watch soccer, baseball, MMA, basketball, football. A lot of time spent watching sports lol

Yeah, it's definitely a good way to get the mind off some real-life shit for sure. Lol

I lived in Australia for three years, and it turns out that Australian Rules Football is REALLY cool. The rules are really well designed to ensure almost constant exciting action--even the officiating protocols, for example the way dead balls are returned to play. If you're a sports fan in general and you ever get a chance to watch an AFL match, I highly recommend it.

I'd rather watch a mid-November NFL regular season game than most playoff. I like late-race NASCAR restrictor plate races and think the most exciting seconds in sports are in a breakaway in hockey.

Actually, I'm not one who completely disregards wrestling. Yeah, it's sports entertainment, as it's put. Sure, the result is pre-determined, but what they do between the bells is definitely something that requires plenty of athletic skill.

As fake as some of that stuff is. It's hard to fake some of it.. landing on thumbtacks and when the matches don't go as planned. For example instead of when Mankind went through the hell in a cell, instead of him just calling the match off he went with it.

Yo! Stanley Cup Playoffs are LIT!!!! Can't believe the Lightning got swept like that!

Re: Women's FIFA World Cup:

Though very, very, very sad since Canada got eliminated by them...*grumble*

Got to think I have to cheer for Sweden now. Come on, take down Germany as the odds-against underdog after eliminating my team? I know the Netherlands is PROBABLY going to crush them, nut...Germany thought that too. :)

Got to love underdogs. Go Sweden! :)

As someone who does wrestling as a hobby, I know that it is more entertainment like a soap opera than it is a 'sport' per se. The moves look real, but to be honest it is on the person on the receiving end to 'sell' the impact. There is no way someone could get punched in the face repeatedly like they do in a wrestling ring and still stand. Just look at any UFC fight ever to see what happens when you get nailed in the face with a fist for a more realistic idea of what would happen. Though it is true about the gimmicky stuff like thumbtacks, it is generally done to a part of the body that can absorb them, like the back for example. Also, if you watch what happens when someone like HHH uses a sledgehammer, he will always lead with his hand in front of the sledgehammer itself to make sure it doesnt explode his opponent's face like it would smashing through a watermelon. There are so many small little secrets that keep wrestlers safe even though it looks like they are just about killing each other to the untrained eye.

I have been getting back into watching auto racing lately. F1 and Indy cars seem to be decent enough, but I cannot deal with the oval racing so much. It is just unnecessarily long and drawn out to hold my attention.

Back
Top Bottom