Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where could I put this?

Deante

Star
So after giving the same advice twice, I'm considering writing a "Making Your First Request Thread" post, just giving general tips and a template to help newbies.

The question I have is, where could I post it? Could I get it stickied on the Req forums? Should I just post this as a reply in Introduction threads?

The "How to Write an Intro Thread" guide is at the top of the Intro forum. So why would a guide on req threads be tucked away in OOC General Chat? I would expect that forum to be full of, well, video games and other off-topic chat. That's not where some fresh-faced newbie looking to start RPing is going to go first. But even if they did, I just went to the OOC Gen chat, and I don't see the guide stickied. So how are they even supposed to find the guide in the first place?

I don't think "look around" is sufficient simply because while there's lots of things you can choose to not include and be fine, there is info that should be in every thread. Where do you RP (PMs, Threads, Discord, etc), post frequency and size, any gender preferences. That's fairly important info to have up front.

But even if you think it's sufficient, new users need to actually see the advice for it to be helpful. If it's included in the Welcome PM, great. But unless new users are tripping over the advice on their way to posting their first req thread, they're not going to see it. And I think they should see it before hitting "Post Thread".

Back
Top Bottom