Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why Do We RP?

Fantasize

Meteorite
What makes roleplaying enjoyable for you?

The story-telling, writing, creativity?

What makes you tick when it comes to roleplaying?

For me I enjoy having something in common with others. I also enjoy being creative and taking a break from reality. I also enjoy Adult Roleplay Forums to have much more freedom in what one can RP about.

All this. It's cool to explore various concepts, time periods, ideas, situations… I also love reading, writing and creativity. For some Reason my Rps are Always easier to write than my books or articles lol

The fantasy of roleplaying really just makes me happy in general and makes me feel good about life

It's a creative exercise for me. I also enjoy writing but don't want to do the full work of writing a novel, so this is my compromise. I love creating settings and story lines. I love creating characters and watch them grow as the story progresses. I love little surprises that comes with having a roleplay partner-- the twist and turns and 'aha!' moments.

For me, RPing breaks the monotony of every day life. A stress reliever, relieves some tension. It's all about having fun.

I was always told I should write a book, but I never enjoyed writing for myself. Every time I try to write something that is a solo project I fall off, and yet I have one or two rp's that are going on two years for how long they have been running.

I want to write, I like to write, but whenever i try to write stuff that isn't for someone else I get bored or overwhelmed.

Much as I like to write longer pieces, and I do, this sometimes fits in what I want to do. Plus with so many ideas going I can always find satisfaction in getting something in an rp where it fits.

Plus the escapism. Yeah, plenty of that.

Interaction actually. Escapism is something easily achieved for me with most forms of media, but roleplay offers a chance of escapism with another person, which carries an almost 'Through the closet into Narnia' sort of feel. I'm of the belief that things tend to be worth experiencing with people you care about, so being able to connect with someone through our fantasies is something unique that roleplaying offers.

For the same reason people like to write, but they want more immediate reactions and interaction.

Also, for some of us, it is our sex life. ;)

It's a stress reliever, and makes me feel more creative. Also, a means of exploring fantasies and events I'd never really want to experience in real life, even if it were possible. (And I don't just mean the dark/dangerous smutty stuff! I mean, I also love D&D but there's zero chance I'd want to go get in a fight with a fire-breathing dragon IRL. I like my skin un-scorched.)

(But yes, I also mean the dark/dangerous smutty stuff.)

Seemed like a fun idea, to flex my imagination, entwined with someone else's to create an emotional journey. Thought it was something that I'd be good at. I thought wrong. Very humbling, so in that sense it was good for me.

I really enjoy writing with another person. I enjoy writing alone (when I can actually force myself to sit down and do it), but it's a lot different when it's a collaboration that keeps a story going and the plot expanding.

Outing your creativity and relaxing from doing so. It also makes me have a clearer mind when i write everything down as if something falls from my shoulders.

RP helps me being more creative and is a stress reliever. I can either make it linked to something I've experienced or I'd like to experience. Or sometimes a plot that would never happen to me- and so, it helps me forget about my daily life and be 100% into my character, trying to make him/her interesting. Also, it helps me improve my English since it isn't my native language.

Back
Top Bottom