Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Scarlett Tavern & Inn (graphic content allowed)

Katastrophic9

Planetoid
Kat let out a little satisfied sigh as she looked out past the bar and into the room ahead. She could see a few patrons milling around, but it was slower this time of day. She was a little nervous, running the tavern on her own. The tavern itself already had established business, but she had never run a business before.

She eyes the room again before grabbing a glass and deciding to make herself a drink to calm her nerves. She wore a black and electic blue veined steel bone corset over a simple black short skirt with knee high boots. Her hair was a brilliant fire engine red and hung in lose waves down to her waist. Her eyes, whose color matched the veins on her favorite corset, churned unnaturally like a brewing storm, which was fairly normal for her. Her skin was pale, almost translucent. Because of her species, she had an ethereal beauty that was designed to lure prey in like bait, which she supposed was useful in this line of work.

She coiled slender fingers around the bottle of jager and pulled out a can of redbull. She poured a good bit of jager and then emptied the can into the glass and set the bottle down on the counter before lifting the drink to her lips for a large swallow.

Lorin didn't mind the slower times, it allowed him to get the bar in order and make sure things were ready for the rush. Lorin was a bartender for Scarlett tavern, it was the first stable job he had and proved himself as a hard and loyal worker. Lorin noticed Kat off drinking and smiled to himself walking over to his boss. The half-elf moved his long hair out of his face and over his pointed ears. "So it is a Jagerbomb kind of day?" Lorin said taking the can of redbull and putting it in the recycling. Lorin admired Kat, enjoying her as a boss and friend maybe it had something to due with Kat being a siren, however Lorin didn't care. "I've only had bad experiences with Jager," Lorin took a clean glass and poured himself a glass of water.

Kat was pulled out of her thoughts as she heard Lorin walk up to her. Her lips curved in a genuine smile as she glanced at him as she finished her the first sip of her drink. She liked the half elf, she seemed to be a hard worker and trust worthy enough. She didn't know him well, but she was normally a pretty good judge of character and she'd gotten a good feeling about him.

She studied him as he tucked a peice of hair behind his ear before he spoke to her. She grinned, a delicate brow arching, her eyes sparkling in mischief as she watched him dispose of the empty redbull can. "It's always a jager sort of day in my book." She quipped, her grin widening. Most might consider her at least a borderline alchoholic, but she rarely got completely smashed. Her paranoia and nerves were bad because of everything she had been through and alchohol helped keep her from being too on edge and gave her the ability to deal with people around her.

She knew she might even be an alchoholic, but it had never been a problem before that caused anyone harm so she didn't really care. She watched as he poured himself a glass of water and tsked at his mention of bad experiences with jager. She grinned. "You just didnt do it right." She said with a wink before taking another sip of her drink.

Lorin smirked as he took a sip and watched the red-head. "Well, yeah I probably was doing it wrong." He admitted and smiled at her as she winked at him. "But then again I think it is easy to do Jager wrong, Jager and Tequila are my panties off drink." He joked as he took another sip of the water. Lorin had his own wild side and knew the road of vice and sin well. Lorin watched his boss with observant golden-brown eyes. Lorin pegged Kat as a kind person and someone he was willing to work hard for. Someone who would stick up for their friends and loved ones. "Then again I might get more tips if I did."

Kat grinned at his words and gave a nod. "Jager is definitely has to do wrong..." She said and then shifted, turning to lean her back against the bar itself. She tilted her head a little, smirking at his comments about panties off drinks. Her face grew thoughtful and her hair shifted around her slender frame from the movement of her head. "I think if I drank enough of sny liquor, it would make my panties fall off, among other things..." She said thoughtfully. And then her grin grew. "Although if I drank that much I'd probably be just as likely to make more than just my panties fall....including other people and myself." She said with a light chuckle.

She let laughter erupt from her lips at his comment and her eyes glittered mischeviously. "You're right about that. Maybe I should consider turning this place into a coyote ugly type bar or a strip club. I'd probably make more money with at least scantily clad, if not nude, workers running around." She said with another wink before taking another sip of her drink.

Lorin gave a small chuckle at her comments about making people's clothes fall off. "Well if that ever happened, would make for an interesting night." Lorin joked "The Scarlett Brothel does have a ring to it. Maybe keep that as a back up plan if the bar and inn starts to tank." Lorin joked, "Many of our customers already undress us with their eyes, why not make them pay for the full experience."

Lorin looked over the bar and at some of the other workers and customers make sure everything was running smoothly, however he didn't have too much of a concern since they had good staff and none of the rowdy customers in at the moment. "Although things might get a little too wild with some of the customers we have. " Lorin said thinking of some of the Lycans and more savage customers they got from time to time.

Kat chuckled at his words, taking another sip of her drink. She gave a nod and a grin. "The Scarlett Brothel does have a ring to it, though I doubt Cross would be pleased if he ever heard i eventually turned it into that." She said with a smirk and then gave a soft shrug of her shoulders. "Though it isnt as if we never see nudity or worse in here."

His next words turned her face more solemn and she nodded again, her eyes passing over the tavern for a moment as if she hakf expected trouble to start just at the mention of it. "Yeah....you are right about that. There are times we're barely able to control the ruckus that comes through here as it is without adding more gas to the fire, so to speak." She said, considering her words. For a moment, something dark passed over her expression as she remembered other, darker things, but it was gone as quickly as it had come. She shook her head as if to shake the memories. She suddenly brought her glass to her lips to take a rather large swallow of jager and redbull.

"Nudity, sex, and fights seem to be a drawing attraction here some nights." Lorin said, he didn't mind the rowdy nature of the job. He found it entertaining sometimes, aslong as no one got seriously hurt. He did notice the solemn tone that Kat took as it seemed to him she had some painful memories triggered. Lorin felt bad that he helped trigger them. He watched as Kat finished off the Jager and he took the cup from Kat and filled it while taking a second cup and mixing himself a drink to join her. "Well I didn't work here when Cross owned the place, but you are the best boss I've ever had." Lorin said, although the statement was true the bar for best boss for Lorin was really, really low.

Kat watched as Lorin took her glass to refill her drink before mixing himself his own. She gave him an appreciative smile and took a sip from her new drink before glancing back out at the patrons. His next words drew her eyes back too him and she grinned with a small chuckle. "Thanks Hun, i appreciate that. I try to be a decent boss. I just hope I don't run this place into the ground. I have no experience running a business. Cross took s big risk. Or maybe he thought the place was popular enough to practically run itself." She said with an amused grin.

She took another sip of her drink and turned to lean her upper body on the bar, adjusting the hem if her short skirt briefly before using her elbows to prop herself up. She was quiet for a moment as she took in the bar and then she took out her phone to check the time. It was about four in the afternoon. She glanced up at Lorin. "It's gonna start picking up here in about an hour or so. We should probably start checking the upstairs to see how many rooms are open and get them ready." She mentioned before straighting up and taking another large sip of her drink.

Lorin watched Kat as he prepared himself for his drink, why did he do this to himself, he thought to himself. Kat then mentioned getting the rooms ready and he nodded. Lorin downed his drink and with a shiver and feeling the burn all the way down he got the master keys and joined Kat. "Alright let's do this." Lorin said as he walked out from behind the bar and walked up to the rooms. Lorin wouldn't have been surprised if some of the staff got ideas, after all he was just drinking with her now they were going to the rooms. Lorin pushed those thoughts away and knew it would be best if he focused on his job.

Kat grinned, watching his subtle reaction to the alchohol as he downed his drink. She polished off her own, feeling the alcohol warm her cheeks with a soft red flush. She rinsed her glass out and put it to the side for later as he grabbed the master keys. When he returned, she chuckled and lead him out from behind the bar and they headed for the stairs.

She climbed them carefully in front of him. She had noticed a few looks pass thier way, but she didn't pay it any mind. Rumors were bound to travel in a place like this and even if they had intended for something other than work to happen, it would be none of their business. It wasn't like this establishment was in a realm where she had to be concerned too much about employees complaining about unfair treatment and even if she did, it was her god damned bare and she wouldn't have cared less. It was her tavern after all.

She glanced over her shoulder at Lorin for a moment and furrowed her brows a little. She knew her attitude towards "office gossip" but she hadn't considered what his stance might have been. She thought that over for a moment as they got to the top of the stairs, wondering how to approach that subject without putting the poor guy on the spot. She stopped for a moment and turned to him, her eyes looking at his earnestly. "You know that if you ever have any concerns about anything, you can talk to me any time, right?" She said in a more serious tone than she was used to using.

Although Lorin wasn't one to dwell on office gossip, he did know that some would talk. While Lorin would just work harder to earn respect and trust of his co-workers. Lorin continued up the stairs noticing his eyes were on Kat's bottom while he was off in thought he quickly took them off his boss's rear and felt a small warm blush on his cheeks as she turned around with a serious and earnest tone. "I-I know I see you as not just as my boss but as my friend too. You can also come to me if you need to talk, I'm not one to gossip." He said as he brushed some more of his hair away from his face. Although it might have been handy to help hide the flush look on his face, he also figured he could just blame it on the alcohol.

Kat watched Lorin carefully and she noticed he seemed a little nervous and his cheeks seemed flushed, but that could be from the alchohol. She gave him a genuine smile at his words and nodded softly. "Thanks Hun, i appreciate that. I'm glad you look at me as more than just your boss." She said with a grin and idly straightened out her short skirt.

"I guess we should go ahead and tackle these rooms huh?" She said with a grin before turning and heading for the first room. She wrapped sharply on the door and waited a few minutes to see if she heard anything. When no response came, she turned to Lorin and nodded towards the handle. "Go ahead and unlock it Hun. I don't think anyone is in there." She said.

Fisher was relieved to get off the road, which wound through an old growth forest that gave a stale, unpleasant vibe. He was a tall man and took a moment to unfold himself from the Ford and stretch in the afternoon sun before heading into the tavern. Any patron looking up would have seen a nondescript man in a field jacket and an officer's tunic without badge or sign of rank. Fisher himself could see nothing until his eyes adjusted to the dark interior. The -- person -- he was looking for was not due until the morning but through long experience, arriving well ahead of schedule was a kind of life insurance. He found a small table with a view of the door and then with a long look, took in the decor. Old school, was his first thought. Scotch, dinner and a room were his second.

He looked around for a waitress, in this place she'll probably look like the St. Pauli Girl.

Muffin cheerfully walked away from a table with a sway to her step. She was humming a tune that most probably wouldn't hear due to the sounds of conversation and music throughout the room. She was a waitress at the tavern and she worked the late shifts. Of course she got a lot more tips but it was also the more dangerous shift because all of the drunkards come in. Her hair was orange as fire and her eyes were green as emeralds thanks to the illumination from the dim lighting. She leaned over at the bar and gave the customer's order to the bartender.

Fisher was tired of waiting to be noticed so he flagged down a girl with improbably orange hair and green eyes. Or at least he tried to. Service in this place was deplorable.

Muffin smiles brightly after spending a bit talking to the bartender then turns back to the rest of the tavern. She sees a man waving her over so she heads on over to him. "Hello! What can I do for you!" She said in a high pitched and excited voice.

He needed one, but he wouldn't trust the bartender in a place like this to know how to make a good dry martini.

"Bowmore, one cube," he emphasized "one" with an index finger. "And please don't squeak at me again."

"I'm very sorry sir!" She rushed off to put in his order to the bartender. Returning with it after a short wait. "Here you go" She leaned down and placed it on his table then stood there for a bit. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Kat left Lorin to tend to the rooms. She knew the bar would be getting buisier by now and they could use the help downstairs. She passed Muffin on her way downstairs, giving her a brief glance before she continued down, her boots thudding softly on the boards.

Her electric blue eyes scanned the new comers as she paused at the bottom of the stairs and then she made her way behind the bar. Seeing the bartender was a little overwhelmed, she began to take up some of the slack to get the drink orders caught up, her hands and body moving with a cat like grace.

When her bartender was caught up, she took out a small glass and fixed a Jager bomb for herself. Her eyes peered out over the crowd as she quickly downed her drink before her fingers lowered to straighten her short black skirt. She moved out from behind the bar to began to weave her way around the crowd, checking tables.

She stopped by the table Fisher sat at and paused, noticing the drink. She tilted her chin a little at him. "Would you like anything to eat?" She asked before taking a quick glance over the crowd.

Agent Spear had been sitting in a back corner of the bar in an empty two person booth. He was looking for someone in particular that he had been searching for a long time. this freak was dangerous and could change into any form or person he wanted. Spear hated changelings and their damn attitude that they were the dominate species. They took what they wanted and took the women they wanted with little fear from the police or any other agency. But Spear was the top agent in this region, and they gave him this changeling to find and arrest because he was the only one who could do it.

Spear was not from this planet. He was brought here by his parents when he was a young man, because of the powers that he possessed and the fact the gravity and sun made him strong beyond any one here on this rock. He grew up strong a man of now 6'8" with hands the size of dinner plates and a chest so big he had to have all his clothes made to order. He knew how to handle his strength as he had many chances to learn how not to kill a man with one blow. He joined the force years back when the demons and other creatures began to wander in and try to take over areas where normal people tried to live out their lives.

The reason no one had noticed him was his most special gift. He could become invisible at will, as he was right now. He watched the crowd as he sat in the dark corner of the booth. The only thing that would give a clue he was there would be the glow of his cigarette as he sat silently watching Kat doing her best to please this rowdy crowd of patrons. He had seen Fisher come in, and at first thought he might be his man. The changeling was reported to love dark out of the way bars like this. He was thirsty so he decided he should allow himself to be seen. As kat was scanning the crowd he blinked into existence in the booth and waved a large hand in her direction. he was dressed decently enough in slacks and a nice button down shirt with a jacket to try and hide his bulging chest below it.

Back
Top Bottom