Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Interesting topics to think about

Dogged

Star
I like to share interesting topics to think about.
Not just superficial, is-it-pc kinda things but rather, can you also count at least a dozen unanswered questions about this? Please don't make this an excuse to argue or flame, but instead, something to open up some thought provoking dialogue. Remember that opinions aren't 'wrong' but it's how we express them that can change online tone. I just read this and have dozens of unanswered questions that this article presented.
Grandma mistakenly booked into a Miami jail as a man. Court ruling details who was to blame

How do people decide on approaching this in a pc way? Does using biological/cis female have more or less impact on the situation than a transgender woman would have? If her gender assumption was a mistake indeed, does that mean she should have special treatment for being a cis female or less than a transgender female? The jail system is broken down into very strict gender specific confines. This is a case of where gender identification is the very foundation of where they head into the penal system. Why is it so important?

Well, I noticed they mentioned that she's a female. Female placed in the prison confines with men are unsafe at best. Is it safer or more dangerous to be gender fluid, non-binary or transgender in these vital situations of gender biased situations? Putting a biological man in with a women's prison might not do more (publicly) than raise some eyebrows, some derogatory snickering about a lack of manhood and most likely never make the papers as news. A distinct gender bias that aids in promoting women in general as victims? There's so much social commentary about this article that it gives me a headache. So much to think about on this!

Back
Top Bottom