Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where did my draft go????

wolvenrogue

Singularity
Supporter
I was writing a starter post for a thread and saved it as a draft. Where did it go??? I cannot find it.

If you have a draft and save it, the text should just show up in the text box whenever you go to the thread itself.

Yeah, that too. So if you'd written the draft in Taboo, just hit "post thread" in the taboo section and the draft should come up with it. Forgot about that since I tend to work on posts in existing RPs, haven't started one in ages. >.o

Well thank you for the advice but neither method appears to work before you post an initial post to a new thread . Before I post my first message, every time (3 times now) I have saved a draft and then left to a new message, either pm or thread, the draft disappears forever, even after I have confirmed the draft was there. Initial posts are always the longest and most detailed, and so they are the ones you most want to save a draft of. In the old software there was a link in the dashboard to your drafts. I cant find one here now.

On another subject , for the most part I love the new software but I miss my dashboard badly. My stuff is all over the place. eg to find my threads I have to go to a small link called "find Threads" and then look for my own instead of finding it in my content. Its a little like navigating in a discount store they have stuff all over the place based on what they most want to sell, not on what you might need. I will learn my way around eventually. But if a dashboard with all my stuff is available (including links to a friends list, PMs and threads) is available, point me at it please. I am obviously not new here but I feel like it sometimes.

Thanks both of you for what you do. Handling questions and complaints is a thankless job. I Know, I do it for a living. I appreciate everyone here who tries to do it. I hope my questions were constructive. I mean them to be.

There is something wrong with the way Xenforo handles drafts. With MyBB it was an actual fake post, but that's not how it works in XF.

One option might be to detect large compositions and save snapshots? Could look into handling that...

To find your threads, you can go to your profile instead, and look for find -> find all threads.

I can make a Dashboard of sorts easily enough, but I'd need to know what people want in it. Start a Suggestion thread in the suggestions forum, put what you want in there and get others to add their two cents to the matter. Stuff is a bit scattered, here, and it's only going to get worse as I enable more features (yes, things are actually a bit stripped down right now).

Back
Top Bottom