Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The mischievous prince.(YuGiOh/Pokemon, myself and Mera1506)

GuyverGuy

Star
The young man made way through the crowded streets- He was quick, but cautious; like he was expecting someone he didn't want to suddenly peak around the corner with a net and drag him back. The future Pharaoh was cloaked, his distinct hair hidden by hood, and his distinct gold style hidden beneath light-tan clothe. Sure, he was to be a ruler one day, but that didn't mean he needed to not be a kid -now-. It was boring... remaining with his guards and the rest of the royalty; not able to enjoy this city. and all the people that had shown up to watch this pokemon tournament like his family had.

Speaking of pokemon, Atem spared a glance to the top of his head; where his Sableye held on for dear life. What's the worse that could happen, he could defend himself from any trouble anyway.

Among the many that had come was Eva. She was not from Egypt, but this tournament was worth coming for. Walking through the way too crowded streets she noticed a young man who dind't want to be seen. Interesting. But she had to go back to her camp now. The eightteen year old young woman was good looking, but was also wearing a cloak. Once out fo the crowded streets and at the edge of the town she released her rapidash. It was big for a rapidash, 6ft at the top of the shoulder, it was also black with white and blue flames. She got on and rode off fast.

In a small cave at the bank of the river she had made her camp. She had her ariados set traps withing a twenty yard radius to keep thieves and thugs out. A campfire att he entrance of the cave would keep wild pokemon out. Ariados was on watch duty outside. Se recalled rapidash and walked into the cave and lied down. Tomorrow was the big day.

Atem had noticed her, at least he was pretty sure it was a her- the cloak made it kind of hard. Curiosity got the better of the prince, and he decided to tail the only other person he'd found who didn't want to be seen like he didn't. He ducked in and out of the crowd as he followed her to the edge of town, and to his surprise she whipped out a pokeball and let loose a Rapidash- he would have gasped, if he wasn't trying to be all stealthy.

But he was getting left behind, so he snatched an object from his belt and let out his Ponyta. It was smaller then the girls Rapidash, but it could easily carry him after her. It's flames burned a very deep red, matching the color of the red in his hair...though hidden by his hood. He jumped on her back, and rode off, and arrived at her cave. Not even paying attention to traps, or watchful pokemon.

That was a mistake. Ariados had noticed him and shot string shot at him without warning and wrapping him in almost completely like a mummy. Eva walked out of the cave when hearing commotion. A ponyta was there and sleepily she looked at ariados. "What is it?" She asked, then noticed the cloaked man. "Who are you and what do you want?" She asked with a stern voice. Cloak still covering her. She wasn't int he mood for this, she wanted to sleep. This punk better not be some pervert.

Atem yelped, like a man of course, as the pokemon webbed him... and turned him into a mummy. He wasn't supposed to be a mummy, not yet dang it! At least not for a really, really long time! Atem had enough time to glare daggers at the Spider Pokemon before he fell off his Ponyta's back and rolled a few feet just before the girl he was following questioned him.

"I was just curious! Now get me out of this, this is no way to treat a Pr- Person."

"Well you never know what's gonna follow you home these days." She said. Only his head wasn't coered in the spider rags. She pulled his hood away and grinned. "Now let me guess what you wanted to say first before you corrected it to person. Hmm Prince maybe? So what would the prince of Egypt be doing away from the palace in the middle of the night? Somehow I don't think he knows. You should get back before they miss you." She said and with that ariados cut him loose and began eating the spidersilk. No need to waste it. "Oh and if she catches you again, you'll be her next meal, prince or not." She said, half jokingly.

Mana was petting her skitty. The cutest pokémon ever. She was supposed to be studying though. She sighed and picked up the big spell book again. She had tried this spell at least a hundred times already and it still wouldn't work. Mahad also seemed to not be giving any hints either. This really sucked. She put the book down and snook off, skitty following her. She took a secret entrance and walked through, on the other end was a room where a boy seemed to be studying, then before she knew skitty ran up to the boy.

Atem was now glaring at the girl he had followed, who did she think she was...to just go pulling down his hood like that. Even though she had been kind enough to let him go, he was a bit miffed she'd done that, and then figured out he was the prince... she'd broken through all his disguises at once!
"They won't miss me for a long time, I have servants who are more then willing to sit in my place to keep up my ruse. Now, are you going to tell me who you are? You already know who I am, it's only fair right?"

Skieth was tired off all these books, and how much his teacher always came down on him if he didn't get everything exactly right. AND how hard he worked him. Not even his Glameow could cheer him up with it's antics with parchment as he studied...like he always had too. Just as he was about to sigh in frustration, he was distracted...by a little Skitty who had came from out of nowhere.

"Oh. Hello there!"

"And servants don't talk? Maybe not to the pharaoh, but I'm sure they gossip. I don't know how long you've been sneaking out, but I doubt it will go unnoticed for really long. Your father wouldn't still be pharaoh if he was a fool. Maybe he already knows. Somehow I don't think you can outsmart him and his priests for too long." She said and grinned, although that last couldn't be seen. "You'll find out who I am tomorrow at the tournament." She told him. "Now go back before you run into someone who has darker intentions for a pretty boy like yourself."

Skitty rubber her head against his leg then turned back into the direction where Mana was and meowed to her to come out. Damn, busted. Mana thought and stepped out. "Hi..." She said and blushed a little. Then looked at skitty, she couldn't stay mad long att hat cuty cat and skitty knew it.

Atem hated to admit it, but this unknown girl had him beat on that. He didn't know how long he had been away now, he'd lost track of time. And if he stayed out for to long he had no doubts at all that his father would easily find out about his trips alone. The pretty boy comment was totally uncalled for though, and made Atem's blood boil a little.
"Any other time I'd repay you for that comment! But...I have to get back to my father. But I will find out who you are."
Atem climbed back onto his Ponyta and gave her a light nudge in the sides so she would take off.
'I came to find out who she was, and she knows everything about me, and I don't know anything!

Skieth was petting the little skitty, glad to have something to really distract him again. When the little pokemon mewed out, and Mana walked out... she looked really cute, with that blush...and the thought made him blush.

"Um...hi!"

"Wise decision. I'll see you at the tournament." She said and watched him leave. Ariados set a few more traps before going into her pokéball to sleep also. Finally some rest. Eva walked into the cave and put some mre wood onto the fire, then lied down and went to sleep, finally.

"My name is Mana, I'm Mahad's student. You must be Seth's new student. I've seen him a couple of times. I hope he's not drilling you too hard." She said. She was nervous as hell, but the boy was pretty cute.

However their moment was interrupted when the door opened and seth walked in. "Mana, what the hell are you doing here. skieth here is supposed to study, you're distracting him." Seth snarled.
"I'm sorry, skitty got away and I went after her. I thought it would only be polite to at least introduce myself." She said.
Seth grumbled. "Next time you let skitty out when you're studying, keep the door closed." He snarled.
"Yes sir." She said and left. She was glad he hadn't heard the comment she'd made about him moments before, that would get her in trouble.

Atem had already put his steed back in her Pokeball and fastened it to his belt, now he was sneaking through the halls of the palace they were staying in. Avoiding guards on his way back to his room. He closed his door silently, undressed and snatched settled down in his massive bed... sneaking around town could take it out of you. He was ready to sleep himself.

When Seth walked into the room, Skieth was ready to dive behind a book shelf, and take Mana with him. The amount of trouble Seth could get them into called for hiding! But he didn't have a chance...and he whispered a goodbye to the cute girl as she left. He was honored he'd been chosen to study under Seth...but he was such a slave driver, and mean...

"And you, Skieth! Get back to studying. No student of mine will slack, and get left behind!"

And then Seth left, and Skieth sighed and dropped his head on the desk with a thump.
"Figures, a cute girl talks to me and I don't even get the chance to run her off"

The next morning Eva rode in on her rapidash, which stood out. She was dressed in a silk dress, a veil covering her face and hair, the little twirp still wouldn't know who fo the women here was hte one he met last night. It looked quite beautiful and eyes turned to her, mostly male contestants. She recalled rapidash and leaned against the courtyard wall for the opening speech of the tournament. She was planning on winning of course. She ws looking forward to seeing the little prince again, he was amusing, of course when in function she'd have to sumit like everyone else and not mock him like last night, but still.

Mana got to watch too. Well not the whole tournament, but parts of it. Mahad wasn't that much of a slavedriver and thought that letting her watch would help her with training her skitty. But he did give her plenty of work to do as well. Mana was sitting on the balkony of the library looking over the courtyard. A woman riding on a big rapidash with black fur came in and recalled it. Interesting, she had at least one very strong looking pokémon. Maybe Skieth would be studying here too?

Atem really wanted to frown, being paraded around wasn't his idea of fun. He HAD to smile of course, because no one liked an angry Prince it made people sad...or angry and he couldn't have that- or his father and mother couldn't. He had to sit up here in the royal balcony and wave, smile, wave and smile...and he really wanted to see that Trainer from yesterday. Even if she had tied him up, kind of insulted him...and just not made him feel like a prince. If she won... but how would he know it was her?

Skieth DID get to watch... because his teacher thought that if he watched and learned it could only make him stronger. And because of that, the young boy had to write a report on all that he witnessed. Kind of a bitter victory on this one. He perked up though, when he saw that same cute girl on the balcony, and suddenly he was walking faster to get there...and his Glameow whined about it too.

"Ah! Hello again!"

And the King stood, Atem's father gave the signal and the tournament began. Referee's stood and battles started. People cheered, and Atem started looking for the one thing he knew she had...a black Rapidash.

However Eva liked keeping the little prince guessing so she wouldn't be using rapidash in the battles, besides she would need the stallion to ride later on. Instead she opened with a drifblim. This ghost type pokémon was hard to hit, that her opponent found out. Drifblim just foated out of the way several times before appearing right in front of the other pokémon. "Alright, hypnosis." Eva ordered. It hit, the vaporeon fell asleep. Eva grinned and had drifblim end it with hyper beam. Her match was the shortest, now she had to wait until her the first round was over. "Well done drifblim." Eva said and smiled at the pokémon which was very happy. She recalled it for a rest now.

Mana looked to her side and smiled. "Hey. So did Seth finally give you a break?" Mana asked. Skitty ran up to glameow, having way too much energy to sit still, as usual. It would probably spend half the day chasing its own tail. Mana thought he was cute, but then the tournament started and she was supposed to watch.

One match caught her eye, it was over so fast. "Did you se the match on battleground four?" Mana asked Skieth. It was just over so fast. Maybe she could teach skitty an attack that could make people sleep, now that would be handy if a certain girl wanted to explore the palace without permission.

Atem had to make it seem like he was looking at all the matches, but the one that caught his eye was on Field four, it was over so fast... could that be here, she seemed strong when he had met the unknown girl... she had to have strong pokemon. But he couldn't know, not yet, so he kept his eyes on her, even as the match finished.

Skieth frowned when she asked if Seth had given him a break, of course that slavedriver hadn't! And then the apprentice pulled out a scroll and a pen to write his notes down with...like he was supposed to.
"No! I have to take notes, and right a report. I think my Master wants to kill me! You don't have to do any work?"
Glameow watched Skitty run around for a while, before starting to playfully swat at the other cat Pokemon. Didn't mind having fun too.

The first rounds ended, and on came the second round...and Atem still watched. Wondering and just a little hoping...

Second round, now hopefully it would be more un then the first. This time she let her dragonite out. Her opponent was way too young for any decent experience and a Maril wouldn't be much of a match. The water gun was dodged and she ordered a twister. Maril couldn't dodge it in time and the shock wave that followed was strong. Maril launched a gigal impact, now that was unexpected. Dragonite merely flew away, not needing any order, she just didn't want to get hit. The agreement was to dodge unless specialized otherwise. "Alright, time for solar beam." Eva said and it was a sunny day, the solar beam was launched fast, too fast to dodge for the already injured Maril.

"Figures, that really its the old slave driver, don't tell him, I called him that." Mana said. Poor Skieth. Seth really was gonna work him to death if this kept up. "Not one that includes writing. Mahad wants me to train skitty to be stronger and more obedient. The first I can do, the second is harder." Mana said. It began to get warm now and even skitty slowed down a bit.

Mana looked at the matches. The one now being held on battle ground eight was over fast, smae woman as before. Maybe she could help with training skitty's obedience?

The King was even paying attention the Trainer that was burning through her matches, but Atem already knew. This person looked like they were going to win, it was still early...but, from where he was sitting, they could do it. And if it was who he thought it was, the prince hopped they did win, the prize for this tournament meant she would have to meet him...face to face. And that made him smile.

"Don't tell him that I agreed with you, or else he'll made me right about why I can't and shouldn't have." Skieth leaned against the Balcony railing, letting the fact that he was kind of tired show.
"I wish I could just train my Glameow like that. Maybe I could be as strong as that trainer. on Number 8."

The Referee's ushered the defeated trainers off of the battlegrounds and brought in the next batch of combatants, the next poor person to face the whirlwind that was the masked lady trainer was about to be sent to his doom.

This time she faced an elderly gentleman. She was more on guard now, this meant he had experience and that it would be a challenge. He released a strong looking venusaur. Time to fight grass with fire. She released infernape. Its speed was unmatched up until now. The sleep powder didn't have effect because she ordered infernape to do flamewheel which automatically burnt the powder. However a protect barrier made it hard. When Infernape went for a second go it was a hit, the prtective barrier dropped. Vinewhipes shot out on order and help infernape in place, but not for long. Infernape used his flames and sent them right across the vines which made venusaurscream in pain and the vines loosened. Infernape got loose and performed flame wheel once more. Then venusaur was out cold. Eva grinned at Infernape who looked back smiling. She recalled him and waited for the next round.

"Deal." Mana said and smiled at him. "Wow that was a pretty heated battle." Mana said, referring to battle ground number five, literally. The blue and white flames from infernape and its black and white fur with golden armor were quite the opponent to deal with for anyone. "That lady could win." Mana said.

The way this Trainer commanded her Infernape, expert use of the flames as offense and defense. The King remarked how proud he'd be to have such a skilled trainer within his ranks and Atem agreed, there were only a handful of people that he or the King knew about that were this good.
"I think this women will win Atem!"
The young man only nodded in agreement, his attention was solely on the tournament right now. As another round was announced.

Skieth looked up from his notes, he was taking them from the battle Mana was talking about too.
"Yeah! To bad no one around here is that good. Or has Pokemon as unique as hers."
But he liked hanging out with Mana, more then he liked watching the battle down below.

And round four started as more disappointed trainers were dragged away, to be replaced by those who had advanced.

Well a woman this time, arond her age. It would e hard to tell if she was good. she released a pretty cute looking bayleef. Time for the big guy to come out and play. She released torterra. Bayleef's vinewhip was absorbed by torterra and when Bayleef juped above him to perform a body slam Eva ordered leaf storm. Bayleef got caught up in it and was thrown away, not too much damage done though. Sleep powder was her opponent's next move. It was blocked by sandstorm. Her opponent growled. "Stone edge." Eva ordered and little rocks were sent flying, nine out of ten hitting their target. This was more effective and bayleef had trouble getting up. "Razor leaf." The woman ordered Bayleef. "Defend with stone edge." She said. It knocked te leaves out of the sky and a few more hit beyleef. "Now sand tomb." She said and all except for where torterra was standing seemed to turn into quicksand. Bayleef jumped in a brave order to avoid it, but was hit by a very controlled hidden power and dropped into the quicksand and got stuck. It used its vinewhips to attack itself to torterra's tree. Torterra merely launched a mud-slap before Bayleef could aim, then finished it off with a hyper beam. He'd followed his master's orders to a T. Eva smiled and thanked him before recalling him. The trainers were getting a bit better.

"True, I just hope she would be willing to help me with training skitty." Mana told him. For her it would be a piece of cake to make skitty obey right? Skitty was lying on the balcony and watched with fascination. It was way too hot now to really chase its tail anyway. It was fun to hang out here and watch with a cute guy at her side.

"Look at how skillfully that trainer handles battle, it's as if she can read the flow like a story. I do hope she wins, I would like to meet this masked women."

"You and I both, Father."

No Rapidash yet, so the crown prince still wasn't sure if this- maybe the strongest trainer he'd seen to date, was the strongest women he'd ever meet back in the forest. Strong pokemon just like he'd seen yesterday, all he needed to see was that Rapidash...or that spider that had trapped him. He'd be very disappointed if this young women won, and wasn't who he was looking for though.

"I wish my master would let someone help me. But only the weak need help like that is what he says."
Skieth through his hands in the air in aggravation at the thought of his master, but...well. At least he wasn't around to kick Mana out again- which meant he got to spent time with a cute girl, and that made him smile.

The competition moved, round through round without to much of a hitch. Soon...it was the final round, and the women who the prince and king had expected stood poised to take victory...

She looked at the elderly woman facing her. Her opponent released an absol, a strong looking one. "Lucario you're up." Eva said and released Lucario. It's yellow and black fur made the female pokemon look even greater in the sun, also it wasn't that far off with the color of the sand, she could use that combined with the bright sun. A pretty long battle insued, both absol and lucario matched each other in speed. However they were done dodging now. Hidden power was a great defense too and it got rid of a flamethrower attack. Absol was tired, so was lucario. It used its speed to come close and used force palm. It paralised absol and an aura sphere made absol drop unconscious. She thanked lucario and recalled it for a well deserved rest. The battle ground and the palace wall included now had some dents and it was a mess, with pokemon as powerful as lucario and absol fighting, damage was to be expected. The old hag was shown to the front gate and Eva smiled, she'd won.

"He's wrong, everyone needs help every now and then, he's simply in denial." Mana said. "Don't tell him I said that though." Mana pleeded. She watched the rounds carefully. It seemed this masked lady was really winning. she grinned when that masked lady indeed won, maybe she would get the chance to ask for a hint or two. "Well it's over. It was great to watch." Mana said.

The King, Atem and their guard were out of their seats the moment she'd won, the ruler didn't want to wait to meet this incredibly strong trainer. Officials were told to hurry with the victory ceremony less the King be angered and jobs lost- that lit a fire under their asses. Banner's hung and stages were pulled into the center of the arena... and the royal family stepped onto the somewhat damaged arena. The King beaming, while Atem had something between a glare and a curious smile. Either way, the older Royal took no pause and addressing the Masked winner.

"Congratulations! You were marvelous to watch on the field, and you deserve this victory more then everyone here! You are truly the strongest this day." The rest was turned over to Atem.

"As Victor of this tournament, as promised you will get to dine with the King, my father, myself and the rest of the royal court. Congratulations, Trainer. Now, is it not prudent you show yourself to the King?"

Skieth wasn't surprised, she DID seem like the strongest trainer he'd ever seen. He'd never tell Seto that though...he'd get in trouble. Lots of it, lots and lots.
"Hey! She won, I guess you'll get to meet her now huh?"

Eva bowed to them as they walked into the arena out of respect. She removed the veil from her face without saying anything at all. "Thank you." She said, softly spoken, but it could be heard perfectly. She was amused since Atem still had no clue it was her and she wondered for how long she'd be able to keep that up. She was sure he'd been looking around for her with not much to go on. The prince looked well in place and today probably was a pretty good one for him or so she hoped. She wondered what would the young prince do to try and find out if she was the trainer from last night. After all he couldn't reveal his trip outside the palace.

"I hope so. Probably will. But meet her or getting pointers are two different things. I'm sure others will have plenty of questions for her." Mana said and sighed. "Good luck with your report. I shouldn't keep you. If Seth finds us talking again we're both toast." She said and smiled at him before leaving.

Back
Top Bottom