Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Heel (Tempest and Nurse_K)

As Day Fades

Supporter
Supporter
(This roleplay is based off of the Iron Man fandom)

"...Well then, I'm happy to see that at least one of us remembered our appointment, Ms.Potts." It came with a smile. A fake smile, one underlined by the forced pleasantry of his voice. Obadiah was no fool. Neither was this woman, he knew, though she could have been smarter about her current predicament.

"Oh! Mr.Stane, there you are," spoke the aged brunette as she sat up quickly in her chair, her voice hasty, knowing that her otherwise preoccupied employer would likely be too busy with his own thoughts should she not pipe in quickly. And as she continued Obadiah, clad in a fine grey-black pressed suit, paused just a half-step away from his door, a pair of fingertips already resting on the gilded brass knob.

"Yes Mrs.Leoni?" he asked with a somewhat preoccupied, somewhat interested look.

"It's Ms.Potts, sir," the secretary quickly continued, "she's waiting inside."

"Ms..." Obadiah began in repetition, soon trailing off. That half-curious look quickly became fully curious, his secretary's words suddenly sobering him from anything else. The tall, powerful man straightened his stance, two fingers still resting on the knob.

"Ms.Pepper Potts, Mr.Stark's assistant, sir?"

"I know who she is."

"She's waiting inside, sir. She said she had an appointment to see you."

"...She didn't have an appointment."

"That's what I said, sir, but she insisted she did! I was looking here for ten minutes, and I swear I couldn't find anything written in. I even put on my reading glasses to check some of the appointments I crossed out. Oh, that's such a pain! Oh, which reminds me, reminds me to remind you actually, I'll be leaving early for an Optomotrist appointment on Th-"

"So what is she doing in my office?"

"She said she'd wait for you, sir. And when I couldn't find anything she said she'd talked to you earlier about it, and that maybe you hadn't mentioned it to me. I know that's possible, busy as you get."

"No," Obadiah said sternly, his eyes fixed on the secretary with a puzzled look. "I haven't spoken to her for two months now, not since the company decided to give her paid leave until we find out whatever happened to Tony."

"Bless him, I hope he's alright!"

"As do we all. Now, what has she been doing in there?"

"Been quiet as a mouse is what."

"How long has she been... waiting?"

"About fifteen minutes I think."

"Why didn't you page me?"

"Y-you were in a meeting, sir, and you told me not to page you in m-"

The look he gave her was enough. It wasn't harsh, rather it was fatherly. Disappointed. Of a man that held up much with his shoulders, and got so little support in return.

"I-I'm sorry, sir, I just assumed that with her being Tony's... er, Mr.Stark's personal assistant and all that it would be al-"

With a firm hand he gripped the knob, turning it, and stepped inside to his office.

It didn't take a brilliant man to figure out what she might be doing here. Obadiah was a brilliant man. The fact that it didn't take one simply worked out in his favor, gave him more room to work with. That intelligence, and that fake, confident smile.

"I completely forgot about this appointment we apparently agreed on," he said as he closed the door behind him. Apparently. She would be smart enough to catch the words within the sentence - anything less and she never would have worked for Tony, pretty little thing or no. As Obadiah stood inside his office and looked to Pepper, the door quietly shutting behind him, he just as quietly clicked the lock.

"Now..." What had she found? There was much to be found. Too much. Fifteen minutes. How much time was that to break through a few security codes? "What is it I can do for you?"

Back
Top Bottom