Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fairy Tale Cliché [ Misha & Kitten ]

Naomi waited for the perfect moment. There were only five guards that came to inspect the campsite itself, but from her new vantage point she could see there were about a dozen more waiting for a report. Once the five began to look confused, Naomi hopped down silently with her sword drawn. She took out the five guards in one fell swoop, killing each with many motions that were all brought together so skillfully that it all looked like a single swipe. Naomi's horse didn't budge at the bodies dying so close to it, which was fortunate since it didn't alert the other guards that she had killed the advance team. She sneaked through the forest, systematically killing each guard one by one with a deft slash or stab. Once each man layed dead, Naomi wiped the blood off her sword on the clothes of a dead guard and put it back in its sheath. "There. They didn't even see what hit them."

Watching as Naomi moved, she observed with wide eyes at how easily the brunette killed the guards. It was almost hard for Kire to not scream out in horror as she watched the clean slashes kill the men she use to watch train outside of her window. It wasnâ??t every day she saw people die in front of her, nor was it the people she knew. I wanted to leave the castleâ?¦butâ?¦no, noâ?¦I knew this would have happened. Eventuallyâ?¦ the blonde bit down on her bottom lip hard and trying hard to not be effected by the sight of the dead bodies. She was glad that there wasnâ??t any screaming or loud noises, just swift deaths for each man that had came out of duty to find and retrieve her. If she had heard anyone plea for their life, she wasnâ??t so sure she would be able to just stand back and watch the other woman kill them. As it was, she had already closed her eyes and just pretended this was another â??training seasonâ??.

Kire had to leave that life behind, and though it was horrible to know that it caused some deaths for her departure, she just had to face the guilt of a few deaths. â??Naâ?¦Naomiâ?¦â? the blonde princess muttered, stepping out from behind the trees and glancing around at men she used to bypass. â??Why did you kill them? We could have ranâ?¦and avoided this.â? she turned her head away from facing the men laying on the ground near the horse.

"We could have ran, but they would have heard us or seen us. Your father knows I exist, and that's all he needs to know. Knowing where I am is knowing too much. You must remember, Princess. Outside of the castle walls, death and killing is an everyday thing. A technique for survival as a matter of fact. You will learn to accept it, and perhaps take a life for yourself if you stay with me long enough." Naomi knelt down next to the bodies near her horse and looted them for their gold. "We must move on. It is no longer safe here."

She swallowed hard and just stared at Naomi for a few minutes, wondering why the other woman was so calm about, before realizing that she must have murdered countless people before. The fact that the brunette was right, that one day, maybe Kire would have to kill someone for her own survival, frightened her to some unknown extent. â??Iâ?¦understand.â? She muttered, stepping out of the tree areas and moving over to where the other woman was. She glanced down at the bodies and realized that they were cleanly killed, just blood seeping out of wounds she could not see, or was it because she did not want to see that she couldnâ??t see?

Either way, she just shook her head and sighed. â??Weâ??re leaving here? To where?â?

Naomi looked satisfied at the amount of gold she had found. A hundred gold pieces was a good amount, so she hopped up on her horse and motioned for Kire to do the same. "I'm not sure. I was thinking we should start heading to a port town across the border to Tu'Lia. We'll need a better disguise for you first. The clothes seem fine, but the rest of you still screams royalty to undesirables."

Looking down at herself, she chuckled at the thought of herself â??screaming royaltyâ??. Kire had to admit, she was use to walking a certain way, acting a certain way, and even speaking in a soft tone that she had been taught to. It gave her gentleness about her that she figured would be for most women in her court, but she wouldnâ??t have said it was something that was â??royaltyâ??. Despite that, she just gave Naomi a small â??thanksâ?? before climbing up onto the horse.

â??Are you going to dress me up?â? the blonde joked, pressing her front against the brunetteâ??s back and wrapping her arms around the otherâ??s waist. She held on tightly in fear of falling off of the horse again, least he bucked her off. Once was enough to make her conscious and until she could trust this horse again, she would hold onto Naomi as if the woman was her lifeline.

Naomi almost grinned at how Kire was holding her. It was tight, but not too much. "If necessary I will. Most of what we must change of you though is the way you act. You are too innocent and too ladylike. We must roughen you and toughen you if you wish to survive." Naomi kicked the horse to get it to a gallop at a fast pace, causing her hair to blow straight out behind her. She stuck her hand on the pack on the back of the horse and pulled out a folded cloak. "Put this on for now, and do not speak to anyone but me. The hood can hide your face."

As the horse began to gallop away, she found that she didn’t have to hold onto Naomi that tightly, so her arms relaxed enough for the other woman to reach behind them and pulled out a cloak. She was instructed to wear it, so she used only one hand to grasp it and fit it around her; the other one never leaving Naomi’s waist. “And how are you planning to make me act less ‘ladylike’?” she wondered, knowing that she was always going to be a lady, unless there was some magic that could change her gender. Even then, she was still a lady at heart, so how was that going to change her?

Shaking her head, she agreed to the brunette’s terms and placed the hood over her head. It felt like it was going to be quit the trip to wherever they were going, so she rested her head against Naomi’s back and closed her eyes. “Teach me later, ok?” Kire sighed and allowed her arms to lightly hold onto the other woman’s waist, before falling in and out of sleep. It had been a long day for her and with all the new changes to what she was use to, the blonde princess was already tired.

Naomi had the horse slow down as they neared the border to Tu'Lia. They had passed a fairly large contingency of soldiers headed in the opposite direction, which made even Naomi a little nervous. Not because of what they could do to her, but because of what they might be going to do to Tet’allia. "That doesn't spell good news" She said quietly, hoping Kire wouldn't hear. Chances are the Tu'Lia King became bold enough to send his army to prove Kire's father's suspicions. They passed the border without any incident and passed into the dark land that seemed opposite to Tet'allia in almost every way. Beginning at the border, the land seemed to die turning different shades of gray ranging from dead white trees to soot black rocks. "We have to be wary, they'll be looking for not just you, but your kind."

Keeping her arms wrapped around Naomi’s waist, she watched as they passed the boarder towards Tu’Lia. There were many soldiers drifting around, marching towards them and beyond. Why are so many soldiers heading towards Tet’allia? Kire wondered, hoping that this was just a royal from another land visiting or something precious being sent. It was the only thing that she could think of that was peaceful and required so many soldiers.

The blonde wanted to ask what the other woman had said before, but decided that it wasn’t important as her new question. “What do you mean, they’ll be looking for my kind?” she asked, not understanding. Why would they target her kind? Her people were gentle and peaceful, and though they were able to hold their own in battles and wars, they rarely started any conflicts on their own. She waited for her answer as she observed the land, realizing how different it was from hers. It was almost in a ‘depressing’ setting, everything in dark colors and even the sky felt like it had changed from its bright image to a darker, more ‘settling’ tone. Kire pressed herself closer to Naomi with a small shudder, already not sure she'd like this land compared to her own. The sense of being exposed to further dangers made her arms wrap even tighter, despite knowing that the woman in front of her was also a danger. However, Naomi wasn't there to take her life, at least, not yet.

"Even outsiders know of the animosity between the two countries. Recently, the Tu'Lian King has been executing Tet'allians where they stand. Luckily for me, I'm obviously an outsider and your descent while wearing that cloak is hard to tell. This is why we need to find a better disguise and quickly. Perhaps making you look like my sister would work." A few other passers by gave them nothing more than a passing glance, but one of them approached and questioned them as to where the two ladies were going. Naomi answered simply and dishonestly, saying that they were headed northeast rather than southeast toward the port. They reached the town quickly enough, only taking a few hours when moving quickly. "I have an old acquaintance here that might be able to help us. She used to be a disguise trainer, she might be able to work enough 'magic' on you to make you look more like a Bravossi."

As Kire listened to what the other woman was telling her, she nodded, understanding that there has a sort of dispute between the two neighboring kingdoms as of late. It didn't surprise her in the least, now that she thought about it, but at the same time, she didn't want to think about all the deaths that there has been because of it. The blonde knew that she was a sheltered child, she'd even admit to it, but she also knew that sometimes, there were things that she probably wouldn't be able to handle, even if she wasn't sheltered. Death was one of them. However, the knights that came back from a battle or war often times weren't comfortable thinking about death as well, so she believed that it took a certain kind of strength or carelessness to be comfortable with death.

When the brunette told her about being trained in the art of disguise, the princess smiled and pressed her cheek against Naomi's back. When she had planned to leave the castle, she had desperately wanted to learn new things that she wouldn't have in her position at the time. It appeared like Naomi was going to be the person that led her towards her first goal while being out and about. "Should I call you my teacher then?" she joked, smiling slightly. "I want to learn so much, and it looks like you're going to teach me some new tricks." Kire confided, feeling a bit giddy at the thought of learning how to do that trick like Naomi had showed her.

[Sorry for the late/slow replies. DX On top of writer's block, I'm getting bad at checking the threads. *bows in apology*]

((It's alright. ^^))

"I won't be teaching you anything. I'm not stupid enough to reveal our secrets to an outsider, but she is. I honestly don't expect her to survive the week after she's done with you." Naomi stopped her horse at the edge of the port town and dismounted, letting the stable boy handle it for the time being. "I can teach you the basics of swordplay, though. Not the kind I use, but something you would expect from a knight. Disgustingly brutish style though it may be, it still serves the normal folk." She walked up to the door of a small residence and knocked four times, waiting a few minutes before seeing the peephole open. "Hello there, Ellen."

Kire blinked, wondering why the other woman was so secretive about these 'outsider and insider' things. But as she thought about, the blonde realized that perhaps it was for her own safety. Her being Naomi, that is. She didn't think the other woman cared if Kire was killed, at least, after she'd receive a ransom from her father. Which she won't get. My father's too stubborn to give up and just pay some fine. she mentally sighed, resting her head against the brunette's back again as they made it to the edge of the port town.

She quickly dismounted as well, following close behind Naomi as if the brunette was there to protect her and wasn't her kidnapper. The thought of basic swordplay was somewhat exciting, so she smiled and almost forgot to pull down her hood as they came up to what appeared to be a small house. Naomi greeted someone name 'Ellen' and she wondered if this was the woman who was 'stupid enough' to teach her the art of disguise. "Just a question, but shall we have dinner soon?" the blonde randomly asked, glancing over to the far side of the market to see a few food stands. It had been almost an entire day since she had ate, since the maids had told her to not eat before wearing her dress. They said it would have made her stomach bulge out too much and ruin the image. She wanted to spite them and eat everything in sight, but the chiefs decided to not make anything for her. If she was to learn something new, Kire thought it best for her to get something in her stomach before working her mind.

Back
Top Bottom