Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ah, Family {<Tyr and Crimson>}

No, I was just exploring, seeing what’s change over the years. Thought I’d check out the house and grounds.

He smiles as at the mention of his sister name, and the words escape, he can’t help but respond back.

Yeah, she does that to people. She’s got a real way of getting under one’s skin. So I see I’m not the only one hiding.

Standing at the doorway, he smiles as the girl slips the album back under the bed. The room really didn’t look any different than the last time he’d been back, which really was like his mother, not to change a thing. Even in his hard-shelled way he missed her.

So what’s your idea for a tattoo?

Something he could always spend time talking about, especially with all the time recently in the pen, he really wasn't up on current events and trends.

Blinking at the question Jasmine hesitated for a minute. She wasnâ??t sure if he was actually curious, or if he was simply looking for something to talk about, but she decided to answer him after a minute. â??Evelyn found a picture of a cute little skull and crossbones. The skull has hearts for eyes and a red bow. Since she knew I like yin and yang she designed another one exactly like it but with stars for eyes with a top hat.â?

Sitting at the edge of the bed Jasmine folded her legs beside her, smoothing down the skirt and not really paying much attention to the slit up the side. As long as everything was covered she really didnâ??t care.

â??She also found me wings that I want to get on my shoulder blades.â? Tucking a lock of hair behind her ear again Jasmine brushed dark hair from her eyes, looking at her uncle as if she expected him to make a snide comment. When it came to talking about the tattoos she wanted Jasmine was used to people telling her that her ideas were stupid or unladylike. The latter comment always made her want to grind her teeth.

Did the girl just say cute skull and crossbones, how was that cute? Skull and crossbones were many things but the word cute just didn’t seem right. Bull from his vantage point did watch the little girl adjust herself, and couldn’t help but notice the slip running up her side, hinting that there was more just a little further up.

Wings on back, well each to his own he thought. Guys had wings, but they were usually on a hawk or eagle, not as some angel motif, well unless that angel had a sword plunged through it chest. Bull steps partially into the room.

Everybody is different, each to his or her own as it comes to that kind of thing. I do have skull and crossbones, though I never had any one call it cute.

Bull lifts his black shirt up and past his pierced nipple. There above his right breast was the traditional skull and crossbones. Most of his chest in fact had a cadre of artwork that seemed to follow a very dark motif. Many images of violence, symbols of death and mayhem were arrayed across his front. The silver nipple ring becomes the hilt of a blood-dripping sword on his muscular chest. Bull would have liked all the work to be the most professional possible, but at times beggars couldn’t be choosers. Plus several of the smaller pieces were done when he was plastered. Still several of the images where excellent, and he was proud of them. As a whole he couldn’t complain, he enjoyed working in new images to the collage already present.

I have always thought it was a good job. See how he inked in the details along the jaws and eye sockets. See the worm, poking out.

Jasmine chuckled softly as her uncle spoke, idly playing with the edge of her skirt. â??Itâ??s just cute because of the way it was designed. Itâ??s still a dark symbol but itâ??s been redesigned to be more feminine.â?

Watching curiously as he lifted his shirt, Jasmine couldnâ??t help her eyes widen slightly as she saw the art work on his chest. Slipping off the bed without even thinking she walked closer, carefully studying the details. Though for the most part Jasmine wished to stick to small images that could be hidden, a small part of her wished that she had the courage to get tattoos strangely akin to those already inked onto Connorâ??s body. Some would have been considered morbid, but the small girl appreciated them for what they were, art.

Leaning a bit closer and tracing the outline of the sword with her eyes Jasmine â??s hand rose as if sheâ??d touch it, though she stopped herself short of his chest. Blushing slightly she took a small step back, realizing that sheâ??d been much closer than sheâ??d first thought. Compared to Connor she was tiny, almost the size of a child. Though it wasnâ??t unusual for people to be taller than her, Jasmine had never really spent much time around anyone that much larger, and her heart sped a bit.

â??Theyâ??re beauitful,â? she said softly, pulling her eyes from the tattoos before a blush darkened her cheeks again. â??I know thatâ??s not what you were going for, but really, the detail is amazing and the images themselves areâ?¦.well theyâ??re dark and morbid but theyâ??re beautiful.â? Realizing sheâ??d said what she was thinking aloud Jasmine quickly closed her mouth, biting into the inside of her lower lip.

Bull watched as the small thing sauntered over and began to inspect his chest, something he wouldn’t have minded reciprocating. Though it surprised him that she appeared at first not to be intimidated, and reached up to almost touch his nipple ring. Then she drew back her fingers curling the fingers together as she obviously had second thoughts, her cheeks flushing.

Thanks I like them. Sorta proud how they look, each one means something.

The girl mentioning that she thought they were dark and morbid, and yet beautiful, a thought he too held. He was amazed that she wasn’t revolted, and seemed to admire the work without making some derogatory comments, a pleasant change compared to her mother, who would have had much to be critical of. He chuckles a bit enjoying her confession as it were.

Could you imagine if I had a chest fully of cutesy cartoon characters or flowers? No I’ve always been the rebel, the black sheep of the family if anything.

He doesn’t step forward, but neither does he lower his shirt, letting the girl have the opportunity to inspect anything she would like. With another girl, he would have asked her to see hers, but this kid didn’t have any, and doing that would if Janice found out send her into orbit. Bull found the thought very satisfying.

My preference is for something bold, something that invokes a feeling, and you would want to look at over and over again.

Continuing to study the tattoos Jasmine nodded, still studying his chest. Leaning forward a bit more she studied the skull and crossbones with obvious interest, gently nipping on the side of her lip. It was a nervous habit she'd been trying to break herself of, but since her mother wasn't there to criticize her for it, Jasmine didn't even realize it.

Nodding at his last comment she smiled slightly. "That's why I want my wings. I know I can't see them, but I'll know they're there. I don't want cutesy ones, either, and angels are just stupid. They're dragon wings." Speaking softly and not really paying attention to what she was saying, Jasmine finally got over her first instinct not to touch and finally allowed herself to touch the hilt of the sword, tracing the line of the blade, not even really noticing when her fingers ran along his nipple.

"The sword is missing a chunk in this side," she observed, pointing out a small spot where the lines wavered a bit, curling in and breaking the long line of the weapon. "Was it supposed to be like that? It almost looks like something took a bite out of it." Blinking and letting her hand fall away Jasmine took a small step back, curling her fingers against her palm slightly so that she wouldn't touch Connor again without thinking. "Sorry, I get carried away with tattoos, sometimes."

The young girl was discussing her wings, which still sounded a bit cutesy to him, though dragon wings were far better than something like fairy wings. The girl did seem to have some personal pride, by putting thought into her selection of body art. Bull had made a few mistakes by picking things too quickly or with our any thought, and later regretting them. He’d even had a piece gone over and changed to make it work better. Bull’s watches her as her tiny finger begins to trace the lines of the blade and over his nipple, something his didn’t expect from one so young. Many a girl in the past had done things similarly, but often what came next was anything but childish. So he remains silent watching her exploration. Wondering if she knew what she was doing, or if it was unconscious.

Yes, its broken but not sundered.

Bull had to admit that having a young girl, or any girl touching him was a pleasant experience, one that had been lacking of late. He intentionally makes no comment and lets her continue the exploration.

Each tattoo should represent something and have meaning to you. For me that sword is about my personal will to survive the hardships of life and for me to defeat those that would try to break my will.

The girl was closer now, his broad chest exposed like a wall tapestry, showing bit and pieces of his life. His eyes watch her, seeing the nervous shift and nibbling of her lips. What he would have given to be able to read her mind, she had her mom’s physical beauty, without all the nightmares of the bitch’s personality, or at least it seemed that way.

Jasmine couldnâ??t help smiling as she thought about the tattoo her mother had. Without really thinking about it she just grinned at Connor, looking up into his face. â??I know tattoos are supposed to have personal meaning, but my mother obviously didnâ??t. She got a tat of Miss Packman on her ass. I was actually kind of hoping sheâ??d get a couple of the ghosts, too.â? Unable to help a small giggle she covered her mouth with a small hand.

â??Now you have something else to use against her,â? Jasmine smiled, eyes bright with laughter. It had always been rather difficult to open up to any of the people in the family. Other than Evelyn, no one knew details about Jasmineâ??s tattoos since the girl was sure that they wouldnâ??t understand. Though she put on the mask of propriety at her motherâ??s insistence, much of her true personality was rather dark, bordering on gothic. Absolutely fascinated by anything dark and morbid, the young woman was the exact opposite of her mother in nearly every way, though she had inherited her motherâ??s strong personality. Unlike the icy blond, though, Jasmine was quite easy going, unless riled she was more than happy to sit back and let people do all the talking unless they purposely baited her.

â??She got it removed a while ago, but thereâ??s still a scar, it looks ridiculous.â? Still smiling Jasmine brushed dark hair from her eyes again, looking up at her uncle seriously, though there was a hint of playfulness in her voice. â??Have any other tattoos youâ??re willing to show?â?

A deep resonating chuckle comes from Bull as the girl describes the Miss Packman on his sister’s ass. It was just like her to get some stupid vapid thing, simply because others were doing it. She always cared about what others thought, and not what it meant. Janice always followed the trends and did what was cool, like a sheep in the herd.

Oh I don’t need something against her, I known her my whole life, though it will amuse me to pick at her choice just a bit. Just like her to change her mind after following some meaningless trend.

Bull could recollect numerous times that Janice wore or changed style simply because it was the in thing to do, even if it didn’t make sense, and she didn’t even like it. He’d always just worn and done what he liked and fuck what others thought. Probably wasn’t always the best thing to constantly fight the system, but for him it was better than dying a meaningless member of the herd.

The girls question about seeing more tattoos struck home, those kinds of words he’d heard from women before, and usually in a way that meant something very different. Still he felt no compunction to hold back or refuse comment, except the possibility of Janice going through the roof and calling the cops.

I think if your mother saw me removing my clothes to show you tattoos that she’d go ballistic. Otherwise I have no problem showing you any tattoo you want to see. See those wings sticking up just past my belt; well those purple scaled wings are part of a complete dragon, but if I showed you that I’d probably be arrested if your mother found out.

Bull lets the shirt fall, as he releases it, the partial dragon soon covered by the black cloth. He just smiles as if that is enough to end the conversation, but just before he leaves, he does mention one more thing.

If you catch me sometime and your mother isn’t around, I’ll show you more. I’m off to check out the property and barns, so I’ll see you around.

It had taken a minute for Jasmine to realize that the wings werenâ??t a tattoo in and of themselves, but she couldnâ??t quite wrap her mind around the concept that there was a full dragon hidden by clothing. Jasmine admitted that she was curious to see just how far down the dragon went, though she quickly pushed that thought from her mind. Curiosity peaked, though, she couldnâ??t help looking her uncle over questioningly before shaking her head and smiling.

â??I might take you up on that, sometime,â? she smiled, watching him leave the room. Once he was gone, though, she nearly slapped herself as she realized sheâ??d done the exact opposite of what her mother had asked. Not only had she willingly spent more time with her uncle, sheâ??d gotten him to practically undress so she could look at his tattoos. Just the fact that heâ??d lifted his shirt and let her touch him would be enough to make Janice go into orbit, but at the back of her mind Jasmine didnâ??t really mind all that much. There seemed to be a part of her that actually wanted to touch more of the surprisingly large man, and she couldnâ??t help speculating about that dragon of his.

Realizing a moment later she was thinking about a less than appropriate part of a family memberâ??s anatomy, Jasmine blushed, shoving the thoughts aside quickly and locking them in the back of her mind. She would not let her imagination go, and she would not find out just how complete the dragon was. Sheâ??d do exactly what sheâ??d told her mother and keep away from Connor for the duration of his stay.

Wonder how long itâ??ll take me to break this promise she thought with a sigh.

Bull headed out of the house and away from his sister’s shit, and just went for a walk. Being cooped up in a small cell for the last 18 month’s on an assault charge, getting to walk under open sky was a real pleasure. Looking down the fences, he could tell that they really hadn’t been worked on in awhile. Bull knew that after his father died that mom sold most of the animals, as she really wasn’t capable of taking care of so much. The home sat on about 120 acres that once was an active farm; now it was more a large homestead. It did look like the fields were being used either for grazing or hay production, as he walked. Part of the property was along a creek and there were several stands of trees and a hill, so Bull just starts walking. Taking his time to relax and enjoy the experience.

He must have been walking for an hour or two, enjoying the sights and sounds of home, while reminiscing about his childhood when he decided to head back. On the way back see saw the old barn and garage, and decided to check them out. Many an adventure was had in those building over the years. The big barn was used for storing animal and feed in the winter, and though desperately in need of paint still looked like it would stand another 50 years. The doors were open, so Bull heads that way first. The garage was part garage and part shop, and was the place his dad spent endless hours tinkering with vehicles and machinery. After the barn he planned to look in there as see what Dad may have left behind. A nice breeze can be felt as he steps into the shadow of the large barn.

After Connor had left Jasmine decided to brave her motherâ??s wrath and return to the dining room. Surprisingly enough, her mother and Terry were nowhere to be seen, but Jasmine had a feeling they were upstairs doing something she really didnâ??t want to interrupt. Though Janice put on a nice face around the family, most of the time, she had no qualms about dragging her second husband up into her old bedroom and having sex. Sometimes Jasmine suspected that her mother was a nymphomaniac in the truest sense of the word, but she really didnâ??t want to think too hard about that. Instead she decided to go out back for a little while longer. The funeral would begin in a few hours and theyâ??d be leaving in a little while if any of the older family members had anything to say about it.

Disappearing into the back jasmine took up her usual spot up in the tree. Even though she was in a skirt the girl had no problems climbing to the top branches and seating herself in the foliage, hidden by thick leaves that were beginning to change color with the coming fall. One cigarette and four songs on her mp3 later, Jasmine decided to go for a walk, wondering where Connor had disappeared to. No one else in the family would go after him to tell him about the funeral, and Jasmine wanted to make certain he didnâ??t miss it.

Deciding to check out the stables first, it only took a few minutes for Jasmine to walk there and find he wasnâ??t there. A small shed, and two pens later she turned to the old barn that sat on its own near the center of the property.

Peaking into the darkness Jasmine brushed hair away from her eyes and carefully stepped into the barn, weary of the few loose boards as she looked about. â??Connor,â? she called, tucking small hands into the pockets of her oversized hoody. â??Are you in here?â?

Bull was about to find a corner in the barn to take a leak, when he heard a voice behind him. Turning he realized she couldn’t immediately see him as he was in shadow, and she was just stepping out of the light. He very much doubted that the girl was out at the barn by mistake, and that she was looking for him, not that her calling out his name didn’t give it away. Though at some level he enjoyed talking to the little girl, at another level it only exacerbated the problem he currently was experiencing, and that was lack of sex. He wasn’t exactly sure if his sister offered to go down on him, he wouldn’t have accepted, well on his terms at least.

So rather than pull out his equipment and resolve the problem, Bull turns to meet the girl zipping as he goes.

Yeah, I’m over here.

Sure that he was not hanging out, he steps forward to see what the girl wanted.

What can I do for you little girl?

The tone was teasing, knowing that woman her age, wanted to be called anything but a little girl. What had he been told once, any girl under 21 tell her she looked twenty one, and any girl over 21, tell her too she looked 21, and you’d make them all happy.

Spotting Connor walk out of the corner Jasmine pulled the cigarette from her lips, exhaling a long stream of blue black smoke into the half darkness of the barn. Ignoring him as he called her little girl, Jasmine ran small hands through her hair, yawning slightly as she brushed the mass of her long, wavy hair over one shoulder.

â??The funeral starts in about half an hour. I thought Iâ??d come tell you, since no one else was going to.â? Turning as if to leave, Jasmine paused in the doorway, turning back to look at her uncle. â??Oh, and by the way, grandma put you in charge of her will,â? she said simply, leaning against the doorframe so she could see his reaction.

Cigarette once again at her lips, the small woman took a deep drag before smothering the cherry against the barn door. â??Just thought you might like that little tidbit of information. Mom wasnâ??t going to tell you, so I might as well. This way you donâ??t have to put up with her shit anymore. If she gets on your nerves too much you can make sure she doesnâ??t get shit.â? Giving him a wicked grin and turning the sound of her mother yelling for her caught her attention, Jasmine just headed back toward the house.

Bull watches the girl lean against the doorframe to the barn, smoking her cigarette, the bright light silhouetting her body, all of it putting some most inappropriate thoughts into his mind. If she was trying to get his attention, she had it. Way back in high school Bull remembers a sweat young thing and him sneaking out to the barn to have some fun up in the loft. If he was some sort of proper guy, he would have diverted his gaze, but he wasn’t, so he just stares as she preens, smokes and talks. Smiling to himself, he is stunned when the girl says mom put him in charge of the will. Involuntarily he softly mumbles back a reply.

No shit!

The girl obviously had a devilish side to her, when she expounds on the pleasure he could have tormenting her mother. If it weren’t for the shocking news he might have delayed her if for no other reason, then to watch her. Fuck he had to find a girl soon, or the fucking farm animal or sister would start looking good. Shaking his head he returns to the house, as everyone is making ready to go. First thing he rushes up to the shared bathroom and quickly unzips grabs the dragon’s neck so he can let loose a long thick stream of yellow piss into the toilet. All the while his mind tries to wrap around the fact that his mother put him in charge of everything, knowing full well his sister was probably having a nervous breakdown over it.

It wasnâ??t long before Jasmine was back at the house, completely ignoring her mother as the woman went on and on about how Jasmine should be more careful to keep track of time and shouldnâ??t keep disappearing. The woman finally stopped talking long enough to realize that it was time for them to leave, and Jasmine was hustled out of the house.

Everyone had gathered on the front lawn and a sharp whistle from Janice cut through their chatter. â??Alright, everyone, itâ??s time head to the church. From there we have the grave side services. Just follow us and we should be set.â?

While Janice spent the next ten minutes giving directions and answering questions, Jasmine walked back to sit on the front porch, obviously quite bored with everything happening. It wasnâ??t that she didnâ??t want to go to the funeral, in fact, she really wanted to say goodbye to her grandmother, but she didnâ??t want to do it while the rest of the family was around. All in all, the entire thing seemed much too impersonal to her. As everyone finally started getting into their vehicles, Jasmine sighed, brushing her fingers through her hair again before she finally stood and headed toward their van. She really really didnâ??t want to be stuck in the same vehicle with her mother, but she knew they would be at the church soon enough.

Bull finished his business, with a sigh of relief, and washes his hand, as combing his hair would be useless. Taking one last look, he heads down stairs, having missed most of Janice’s monologue. Damn, now what was the plan? He could of course ask Janice, but that meant he’d have to listen to her pissing and moaning, which really made that idea less than desirable. The worst he could do was follow everyone, and wing it, figuring they knew what they were doing. Shit! He didn’t want to end up in the wrong position or be standing in the way, his mother deserved better than that.

As he tried to come up with a plan, he sees the kid sitting on the front porch, looking somber. He half expected to see her puffing a cigarette, but realized that was she more than likely hiding her habit from her mother, especially knowing how his sister would react. Janice being hypocritical probably never told her she used to smoke because it was cool and also hid it from her parents. Standing on the porch, his large frame dwarfing hers, he has an idea.

Hey do you need a ride?

The sound of an increasingly familiar voice snapped Jasmine from her daydream and she sat up suddenly, blinking as she looked up to see Connor towering over her. From across the yard she heard Terry yelling for her to hurry up and get in the van. Already her younger brother was seated by the sliding door, smirking at Jasmine as he looked between his sister and mother.

~~~~

Janice stood beside the van, arms crossed beneath her breasts as she glared at her brother, eyes soon falling to her daughterâ??s small form. I told her, I told her not to speak to him, and what does she do?! The exact opposite of course. I donâ??t know why I put up with her anymore, she doesnâ??t listen! Of course, Janice would never admit that sheâ??d been just as bad, in many ways worse, than her daughter at that age. Instead, sheâ??d blame her daughter for every word the girl spoke to her degenerate brother.

Hating Connor had become a hobby for Janice, something she did without thought anymore, but she knew sheâ??d have to be nice to him for a little while. After all, he was in control of their motherâ??s will and she knew Connor would be the heartless bastard whoâ??d leave her with nothing.

â??Jasmine, we need to go,â? Janice called, forcing her voice to be less sharp, though she knew she failed miserably.

~~~~

Standing and brushing off her skirt Jasmine looked between her uncle and her mother again before finally turning back to Connor. It was obvious her mother was angry, and the smartest thing to do would have been walk to the van and completely ignore Connor, but his offer was tempting. She really really didnâ??t want to spend any more time with her family than was necessary, but so far he didnâ??t seem to be nearly as bad as everyone claimed.

â??Sure,â? she answered a second later, tucking small hand into the pockets of her jacket.

Bull hears the commotion, but really pays it no attention as his sister Janice continues to issue orders, something throughout her life she felt a necessity to due, to the point when she was younger she just repeating mom and dad’s orders. Then like now, Bull just goes about things his way, ignoring her. He steps over to the bike, and picks up the one helmet, with a series of cascading flames down the side and hands it to the kid.

Here you better wear this or your mom will really come unglued.

After tossing the girl the helm, he steps onto the bike and starts the motor by a violent kick-start. While waiting for the engine to idle, he waves at his sister, indicating she can go. The sound of the motor already making hearing her difficult, Bull smiles knowing the whole thing would piss her off.

Turning he raises his voice so Jasmine can hear him.

Come on, hop on. Your feet go there and there, and hold on and you should be fine.

The spots indicated were simple chrome posts for her feet; she’d have to splay her legs around him to get in her final spot, as he was a large man. Bull helps her aboard, as he revs the engine a few times listening for problems, once he leans over and adjusts something on the motor.

So you know the way?

Quickly following her uncle to his bike, Jasmine caught the helmet easily. Having already pulled her hair back and twisted it into a tight ponytail she slipped on the helm quickly, taking his offered help to straddle the motorcycle. Itâ??s not proper to ride in a skirt her motherâ??s voice quipped at her in her mind, but Jasmine ignored it, standing for a second to pull her skirt a few inches tighter before setting her feet on the posts and scooting forward until she was pressed against the back of Connorâ??s body. Heart jumping in her throat for a moment Jasmine waited to wrap her arms around his wide body until they began moving.

â??Jump on the interstate and head west,â? Jasmine instructed, small arms wrapping round his torso in the process. â??Take exit 102 and head for the old Catholic church by the court house.â? Smiling to herself she chuckled, keeping herself pressed to the back of her uncleâ??s body. â??Or you could be patient and follow my mother.â?

Smiling behind the helm Jasmine couldnâ??t help wondering how much trouble sheâ??d be in by the time they got to the church. Already Janiceâ??s face was beginning to turn red and her eyes were flashing. By the time they reached the funeral her mother would have worked herself into a real fit, and Jasmine knew sheâ??d have to deal with her eventually. It didnâ??t even bother her that she was practically straddling a near stranger, clinging tightly to him with her body pressed tightly to his back. The only thing she could really think of was the rush of blood and wind in her ears and the fact that in the slightly chill wind Connorâ??s body radiated warmth. Compared to David, Connor was massive, and Jasmine could feel the play of muscles beneath his skin as she held tightly to her uncle.

Bull noted the girl didn’t seem to have any reluctance in getting on the bike. Though a skirt wasn’t preferred as it tended to blow up in the wind, and if really long could get caught in the mechanics. Looking across the front yard he could see his sister fuming, though he couldn’t hear it, he knew she was probably going to blow a gasket. For Darin it just made the whole thing that much better. Jasmine was already laying out the directions as she got aboard the bike, and positioned herself.

Fuck following your mother. Hold on!

With that he hits the accelerator, and guns it, putting up a decent fishtail as he speeds out of the driveway, a dust cloud behind him. He wasn’t driving like a madman, just faster than you should, and for whatever reasons he wanted to feel the kid holding him tight. It wasn’t a solution to his overall problem, but a little feminine touch was far better than none. Plus who would bust a guy going to his mother’s funeral. It wasn’t long till they were on the interstate heading west.

With his hair blowing in the wind, he turns a little and yells back to her, the bike rumbling with power between their legs.

You ever been on a bike before?

Jasmine held tightly to her uncle as the house faded into the distance, the roar of the engine enough to make her deaf to everything except the wing. Jasmine had never been on a bike before. The feel of moving so fast without metal between her and the pavement made Jasmine's stomach tight; her heart beating wildly in her chest as pure adrenaline rushed through her veins.

At Connor's question she laughed, shaking her head as she pressed herself more tightly to his back. "Never," she called back, eyes closing as she focused on the sensation of the bike rumbling beneath her, her body pressed tightly to the back of his. It was almost as if she were flying.

Eyes bright and heart pounding, Jasmine felt a flash of regret for breaking a promise to her mother, but the guilt was easily swallowed by the rush. Nothing that feels this good can possibly be bad.

The ride was smooth, and Bull always enjoyed a good ride, though he would have like it to last much longer, especially with a girl wrapped around his waist. All too soon the church was coming up, so Bull began to slow down. Having any intelligent conversation on a bike, without one of those fancy headphone systems was impossible, so not much else was said on the journey. Truthfully Bull liked not talking it just ruined the ride with someone babbling in your ear.

Pulling into the parking lot, he parks the bike and helps the girl off. They’d beaten most everyone here from the house, which only further puts a smile on his face. Bull was ready to move into the church just so his sister would think twice about bitching him out. In fact if he had his choice he'd just go in and say his goodbye and leave.

Hope you enjoyed the ride, it’s something I love doing. If you ever want to do that again let me know, and I’ll take you for a real ride.

Unconsciously and probably out of frustration, a much different type of ride came to mind, one that involved far less clothing. He shakes his head, trying to clear his mind of thoughts that would only lead to serious trouble, something he was trying to avoid.

The ride ended much too soon from Jasmine's point of view, but she didn't say anything. Accepting Connor's help off the bike, the girl smoothed down her skirt, pulling the helmet off and leaving it on the seat. Brushing fingers through her hair and looking about, Jasmine realized they'd beaten everyone except David to the church. Blinking slowly as she realized that it as her boyfriend's car she spotted, she sighed softly.

"I know this sounds bad, but I don't really want to stay for the funeral. I just want to go in and say goodbye to Evelyn then leave. These things take forever and it's so impersonal." Shivering slightly and rubbing her hands over the sleeves of her jacket, Jasmine looked at Connor. "We might as well go in now, it'll be easier to keep mom from bitching at you."

Tucking small hands into her pockets, Jasmine headed for the front door, not surprised to see the hearse already parked out front. God I hate churches.

Bull saw the hearse pulled along side the church, and knew that’s how his mother arrived. She always went to church, were he hardly ever went to church. If he died, the brothers would pour his ashes off the back of a bike on some highway and that would be just fine with him. Being stuck to a windshield or some tire seemed to him no different than six feet under.

Bitching at me, I can at least tell her to fuck off, and you can’t. Still it’s a good idea, let get this damn thing over with. I can’t imagine having to listen to you mother or any of the others explaining their pain.

Bull follows her towards the church, seeing a few people already starting the same pilgrimage that they were. The place was nice and all, everything laid out with flowers and such. The coffin sat there near the front of the church all decked out and waiting. Ignoring the various platitudes from people as he passed them, especially since they never cared for him in the least, he steps to the front, bows his head and says a short good bye. The words not said out loud cause they were nobody's business. Done after just a few short minutes, he steps back, and waits for the girl to finish.

Back
Top Bottom