Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

25-minute gap [Shibby+Me]

Nom Ocelot

Moon
It had been quite troublesome as of late. Hell, that was an understatement. For Miles Edgeworth, it probably would have been better to have just been imprisoned instead of having to face the trial he had to undergo the past week. Of course, he was grateful beyond words for his clearly-proven innocenceâ?¦ but it came at a heavy price, as well. Over the past week, he had been forced to painfully relive the past which he kept behind his grey eyes and in his withered heart, and added on to that was the embarrassment of his co-workers and... rivals, finding out exactly what had happened. Not only that, but his broken posture couldn't have been the most characteristic thing of him to express. The last thing he wanted right now was for the people he knew to surround him.

Now, he was in debt to Phoenix. The money for his work would never be enough to thank him for his hard work; and that was the same for any client. Phoenix had proved him not guilty of a crime, keeping his already somewhat messy reputation from falling under, which saved him from not only prison, but his hopes of continuing work as a prosecutor. He doubted he would jump right on that after this holiday period- on the other hand, a part of him never wanted to venture in to his office again, and especially not the courtroom.

After spending a long night in, watching the snow softly falling outside of his window, Edgeworth finally decided to bring himself in to the atmosphere his body secretly craved. Watching wasn't the same as feeling- he craved the cold snow across his skin, in his hair, and the bitterly cold air licking against his pale complexion.

After dressing appropriately, Edgeworth let himself outside. Just as he thought, the cold air brushed up against his cheeks and woke him up from his daze somewhat. He cuddled his thick coat tighter around himself, finally perching himself upon a bench, watching the sunset from his spot. He was beginning to feel serene and perhaps even calm by this point. Edgeworth mentally congratulated himself for being able to clear his mind so quickly. It wasnâ??t like his sinister mood was anything out of the ordinary. However, he would have expected the post-freedom high to lift his spirits by now. Apparently not. Edgeworth gave a wry grin and a shake of his head. Typical of him. Oh well. He was a free man, after all. He could feel however the hell he liked.

Pheonix sighed to himself as he sat in his office. He was feeling a little down after Maya had left abruptly and return to Kurian village. He was left alone in his office. After Maya had left, he didn't have many clients wanting him to represent them. Frankly he was a bit unmotivated himself. She was feeling very lonely and well, her did have friends...but things were not the same without Maya around.

Phoenix looked outside the window. It was snowing, maybe a walk out help him feel better. With that he stood and put on his long over coat and black scarf around his neck and began to head outside into the cold. He felt a bit better breathing in fresh air, but he was still upset. He began to walk down the street, looking down at the floor.

Eventually he stopped to get himself a coffee at a store down a few blocks. Once he had his coffee in had he made his way out of the store and continued to walk down the road. It was very cold outside, he could feel his spiky hair turning into icicles. She sighed to himself and looked up at the sky...if you could see a sky in that cloud cover.

Miles had to be honest, the atmosphere was quite pleasing to him- a light snow began to fall from the sky and it was just cold enough where he could feel the tip of his nose begin to numb but it wasn't entirely unpleasant. In addition, it seemed like no one recognized the prosecutor. While he was wearing his trademark, magenta suit and cravat with that smug look on his face, Miles was always the center of attention. However, Edgeworth had a rather pensive look to him- much more mellow than he usually was in court- and he traded his suit for a heavy, black wool jacket that went down to his knees, thick pants, snow boots, and a white scarf. Somehow, he still managed to maintain his elegant look.

So needless to say, when Phoenix nearly walked by him without a passing glance, Edgeworth wasn't surprised. Of course, it was an unexpected occurrence for the prosecutor. What were the odds of the two happening upon this spot at, more or less, the same time? He would have expected for Nick to be hanging around with that Maya girl or Larry, having a good time for the holidays. His lips curved up into a ghost of a smirk when Phoenix stopped just in front of him to look at the sky, quite unaware of his presence. "Shouldn't you be somewhere, Phoenix Wright?"

As Pheonix looked up at the sky, seeming to be in a daze, he heard a familiar smug sounding voice. He knew that voice. The voice of a very old friend, one that he hadn't seen since phoenix him self as got him acquitted. Phoenix's head moved down and turned to look in the direction of the voice. A part of him had expected that he had imagined the voice.

When he actually saw good ol'edgy , he jumped and pointed a finger at him. "Miles, Its you!" he said. He might ave been feeling lonely but he still had his wacky tendencies. He calmed down a little and said "What are you doing out here?" he asked walked over to him.

Pheonix grinned and said "I could ask you the same thing Edgeworth".

As soon as Phoenix pointed his finger at him and made his exclamation, Edgeworth couldn't help but cringe a bit and mentally smack himself for addressing the man. It wasn't like he didn't like Nick- Miles was just not a people person and he was in a mood to be alone today (what else was new?)... but Edgeworth couldn't pass up an opportunity to catch Phoenix off-guard. It seemed like it was a rare occurrence for Miles to have the upper hand against the other, even in court. It was this foolish genius who had brought an end to his perfect record.

Edgeworth gave a small huff in response to his question. He chewed on the inside of his cheek for a moment before replying, "I believe I was sitting out here, enjoying the weather. And since I've had no prior commitments with anyone this evening, I don't see why I shouldn't be here." There was a short pause as his gray eyes glanced over at the defense attorney. "You, on the other hand, seem to always have one person or another hanging on your arm. Where's that Fey girl?"

Pheonix looked at him as he spoke. He asked about Maya...that put him back in the dumps again. He seemed to look away and to the side a bit and said "She went back to her village to train her spirit channeling..." he said.

Edgeworth could probably already tell that phoenix was not his usual self. He looked back at him and said "There's no one around in the office so I thought I'd come out for a walk" he said with a shrug. "There's nothing wrong it that" said phoenix as he ran his hand through he hair.

Pheonix seemed to smile a little and said "Have you taken any cases recently Miles?" he asked him.

Edgeworth's job revolved around reading people's emotions to see through the lies and expose reality... so it was easy for him to spot that Phoenix was obviously upset about Maya's absence. Of course, he had more tact and newfound respect for the man to question. His features remained relatively impassive, as if he didn't notice the broken stare during Nick's response. "She's a bright girl. I'm sure she'll be back soon," he said- it was his subtle and mild attempt to cheer the other up.

His lips tilted upwards slightly in a thin, wry grin. "Not recently. Even with my innocent conviction from your case, nobody seems to want an almost-murderer trying to deal out guilty verdicts."

Phoenix looked at him and smiled a little when he said Maya would be back. That was true, she couldn't stay there forever and the day she came back, he'd be waiting with a big plate full of hamburgers. "Yeah, our right..just been really quite with out her around" he said. He sat down on the bench next to Edgeworth and grinned at his reply to his question.

"I suppose that would make you a bit of hypocrite...putting people into jail when you almost got put there your self...if it wasn;t for me" he said with a smirk.

Miles exhaled softly and scratched the back of his neck. His gray eyes watched bemusedly as the vapor of his breath billowed up and finally disappeared into the air. He wasn't sure what Maya's and Nick's relationship was, exactly- but he couldn't help but mildly envy the close bond between two friends, something he had given up on long ago.

The prosecutor shook his head slightly before replying, "It's my job to ensure a sentence for anyone who is guilty of a crime. I've still never let a guilty man walk, even if it was myself." There was a short pause where Edgeworth shifted almost uneasily in his spot. "But thank you. For defending me."

Phoenix looked at him and said "I wouldn't defend a guilty man Miles...no matter how much he paid me, but then again....I would rather a million guilty men go free then one innocent man go to jail" he said softly.

He looked at him and smiled and said "It was nothing Edgeworth...your my friend...I wasn't just obligated to do so...it was my duty to do so" he said.

"You don't know if a man is guilty or not until the judge slams the gavel. How could you know beforehand?" The prosecutor gave a small frown and shook his head a bit at the other lawyer's statement. "One unjustly convicted man is a worthy price to pay to ensure the safety of a thousand." Miles nearly became that one man and he still would back that statement up wholeheartedly.

Edgeworth stared at the other for a moment and gave a small chuckle. "You still would call me a friend after a fifteen-year absence?"

Phoenix looked at him and smiled and said "There's something inside here that tells you" he said reaching up and touching chest, just bellow his cravat. Pheonix heard his next statement and said "Really, you tell that to the guy whose rotting in jail becouse he got done for soemthing he didn't do, prison is a horrible place Edgeworth"

He smiled at his chuckled and said "you wee always my friend Edgeworth, dosen't matter how long you were gone, what matters is the time spent with one another and what happened during that time".

Miles looked at the other skeptically, a usual scowl set on his features. He shook his head slightly and swatted the other's hand away. "You need conclusive evidence, Wright," he replied impassively, "just a feeling isn't good enough." Edgeworth leaned back in his chair, set on disagreeing with his comrade. "I'll be happy to say it to anyone, Wright. It's a shame for the innocent man but if he were really guiltless, he'd be able to free himself with a repeal."

The prosecutor stared at Phoenix for a few moments, as if he were trying to search what made him so forgiving and patient. Lord knows that Miles was just about ready to give up Nick and Larry after the fifteen-year gap. Finally, he was unable to find any logical reason besides that it was just the type of guy Phoenix was and he succumbed to a ghost of a grin and shook his head. "You're one piece of work, Wright. It seems like I've got no choice but to accept you as my friend." Edgeworth made it seem like he were forced to accept Nick's friendship but in all honesty, he was happy.

Pheonix looked at him and said "I feel touched edgeworth" he said grinning at him. Phoenix knew he would want to be friends as much as he did, no matter how he tried to hide it. He smiled at his friend and said "Got any plans?" he asked him. Pheonix really didn't want to be alone tonight. "Wanna go grab something to eat?" he asked him with a smile. He would understand if he said no, he wasn't the worlds most social type of guy.

"Don't flatter yourself, Wright," Miles huffed, still set on keeping up his impassive exterior and trying his best to make Phoenix believe that he was only being friend with the guy out of obligation... even though it wasn't the case. He sighed softly, watching idly as the vapor of his breath floated up in the air before dispersing. "I already ate," Edgeworth said dully, a kind refusal. However, he didn't quite want to be alone. He thought he did before but Phoenix had a knack of changing people's minds. "I wouldn't be adverse to getting some tea or coffee."

Pheonix looked at him and said "Oh..." when he said he had already eaten. Way to burst his bubble, he thought, but then he seemed to re inflate it when he said he'd get soemthing to drink. Pheonix smiled and said "Alright, lets go" he said standing up and smiling at him. He waited for him to get up before he started walking down the street.

Although Phoenix was erratic in some ways, he was still very predictable in some situations. The man was easy to please- all Miles had to do was agree to go somewhere and Nick lit up like a Christmas tree. Edgeworth's lips curved upwards into a hint of a grin as he shook his head at the defense attorney's reaction. Slowly, he stood to his feet and followed the other without any sort of haste and hurry. As cold as it was, Edgeworth still had his pride and he'd take his time.

Pheonix smiled as they walk down the street, perhaps not side by side, but together all the same. He walked into the small cafe at the end of the street and smiled as he sat down in a booth. He watched as Edgeworth sat down after him. Pheonix said to him and said "I think I'll have some coffee" she said smiling.

Miles tailed along behind Phoenix, following him into the cafe and taking a seat opposite of the attorney. He could never understand what made the man so optimistic to the point like a trip to a little coffee shop was like going to Disney World. "Isn't it a little late in the day for coffee?"

"Nope, perfectly great time for coffee" he said smiling. The waitress walked over and asked them for their orders. Pheonix smiled and said "I'll have a latte thanks". The waitress turned to Miles. "And you sir?"

Phoenix really was some sort of oddity. Edgeworth had met many people despite his lack of interest in humans as a whole and he hadn't come across someone quite the same as the man sitting in front of him right now. His grey eyes shifted to the waitress before responding, "Tea, please."

Pheonix smiled at him as the waiter walked away. He look at Miles and smiled and said "Never thought you to be a tea drinker" he said smiling.

Miles hesitated to respond, as if he weren't used to admitting things about himself because in all honesty, he wasn't. Edgeworth wasn't a very social man. "It's actually my beverage of choice," he mumbled.

"Yes, really, Wright," Miles sighed, shaking his head at the man. How did he get bugged into having drinks with a child? Oh right- it wad damn cold outside. "So..er... how have you been?" Edgeworth was not good at making small talk.

Back
Top Bottom