Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Nerd and The Outcast (MysteriousD & ObscurePeach)

MysteriousD

Star Fudge
Diego Vendrix was a nerd. He was also Mexican-American. While the former was not uncommon in North Bluerock High, the latter was rarer. As such, he was about the only Mexican-American nerd in the school, which made him a prime target for bullying. However, Diego was of someone of a short temper and he was able to at least get most to back off of him, all except one bully. One who not only stronger than him and such, but surprisingly capable intectually, making the only person Diego couldn't get to back off... Alfred Weiss.

And that was what Diego was dealing in after school. For the past several weeks, tensions between him and Alfred had been increasing, starting when Alfred's dad had harassed Diego's father in a traffic incident... only to end up humiliated and losing his job due to racial profiling. This made things worse. And now, things were boiling over as Alfred cornered him, determined for supposed retribution.

And it hurt, given how Diego was getting the sauce beaten out of him, with the only mercy being Alfred having removed his glasses, if namely because if he broke those, it'd get him in more trouble.

Maize Carter was the kind of girl guys dared each other to hit on. Beautiful but short tempered and not afraid to fight, she had gained a reputation as a girl to be wary of. When her criminal past (and present) was revealed, it was a guarantee that she’d become an outcast.

It didn’t matter that it was self defense. Stabbing her step father, along side some minor possession busts and assault charges meant no one wanted to be friends with her.

She was okay with that. People sucked, and she liked being alone. More proof that people sucked were the two guys fighting in her smoking spot. She scowled, taking another drag before dropping the cigarette and stamping it out with a heavy boot.

“Oi, shithead,” she called as she approached. “Get the fuck out of here before you join him on the ground!”

She didn’t know why she was sticking up for this kid. Well, that wasn’t true. She imagined she looked like he did before she fought back against her father. Curled up, bleeding, no doubt wondering if anything would break this time.

Diego was interrupted from his pummeling (and his ill-taught methods of fighting back) from seeing who it was. It was Maize Carter. She was a very pretty girl though he heard she was a torublemaker. He tried a couple times to talk to her, but she always seemed so disinterested that he always felt like he'd be bothering her. She tended to mind her own buisness and now here she was defending him.

"Can it, Carter! You're nothing more but a violent bitch. You'd be better if you didn't speak," Alfred said to her, the blond hair and blue-eyed teen looking at her with his deranged look.

"Fuck off, Weiss... only violent one is you and that racist fascist of a dad you have," Diego said venomously before he was kicked hard in the gut and shoved onto the ground once more.

Nodding, Maize pulled out and lit another cigarette, taking a long drag. She let the smoke slowly curl from her lips, tilted her head in consideration and then strode forward quickly, driving her fist into Alfred’s solar plexus.

“You call me a bitch again and I use your cock as an ashtray, Weiss,” she snarled, her free hand grabbing his crotch and twisting. “Get the fuck out of my sight or I’ll make you beg for mercy.”

Diego was amazed at seeing Maize utterly cause Alfred to collapse like a jenga tower before she twisted his balls. He knew she was tought, but this was something else. It was acually pretty hot,

Alfred could not even scream in pain, so he admitted defeat. "F-fuck you... and you, Vendrix... this ain't over. I'm gonna beat your ass whenever the psycho here isn't around to protect you," Alfred said. Diego just spat in his direction before Alfred got off.

Diego took a breath before putting his glasses on and managing to get up.

"Thanks, Maize," Diego said, breathing deeply. "You were awesome," he said, giving an awkward smile before he began thinking.

"What would it take for you to kinda be bodyguard?" he asked her, recalling that Alfred wouldn't stop trying to go and turn him into frijoles refritos.

“Don’t mention it. Seriously, don’t,” Maize muttered around her cigarette, fishing around her pockets for a few moments. She pulled a small baggie from one of them and from that removed a little pill. “Here. You look like shit, this’ll help with the pain. Don’t ask where I got it.”

Her words were short, she wasn’t one to really say more than had to be said, but her expression wasn’t as hard and closed off as it usually was as she looked him over. “You’re an idiot, you know? I saw you arguing with him before. You don’t fight someone you can’t beat. Not fairly.”

Shaking her head, she leaned against the wall. “You want me to protect you from the other idiot? Alright. You’re smart, right, Vendrix? I’m shit at math. Do my math homework for me and make sure I pass my final and I’ll keep Weiss from using your asshole as a sock.”

Diego just pocketed the pill while he got up. He was seeing that she actually didn't look as hostile as she normally did. He decided to keep the events shut as he got up. "Yeah, well I refuse to kowtow to that self-abosrbed miserable sociopath," Diego muttered as he was managing to recover some up. It was one hell of a beating, but it was mostly bruises and so he knew he would need to put some ice on himself to recover.

Yeah, he was smart, though math wasn't that much of a strong suit. Okay, that was a lie; advanced caluculus was a pain to deal with, but that was more on his mind worked and haven't found a way to learn it right and or quickly.

"All right then, I'll tutor you," Diego told her before he noted how most were leaving. "Maybe we can start today and given the time, how about I invite you somewhee to eat while I tutor you?" Diego suggested to her.

Maize snorted. “I said fairly. You can’t beat a guy head on, you hit him from behind with a bat. Only dumbasses charge a guy they know they’ll lose against. It’s not being a pussy to ambush someone.”

She shrugged at his invitation. “Sure, c’mon, I know a good spot.” Grabbing her bag from where she dropped it, she slung it over her shoulder and took another drag of her cigarette before holding it out. “Want a go?” She asked, a grin she never used in school crossing her face. “You’re supposed to smoke after getting utterly fucked, aren’t you?”

"Well, I'm not a fighter. Just a dude with a big mouth who doesn't like seeing assholes get their way," Diego said to her with a bit of a smirk. However, he was caught off-guard by her acceptance of his invite. It was like a date...

Kinda.

Sorta.

He was snapped from his train of thought when she offered him a cigarette and catching a rare glimpse of her smile. He found it sardonic, but not malicious. Kinda like a smirk. "Sorry, but no. I had asthma as a kid," Diego explained to her before getting backpack and following her. "Where are we going?" he asked.

Grinning again but ignoring his question, Maize led him to a motorcycle in the parking lot. “You ever ride a bike, Vendrix?” She asked. “This is nothing like that. Here.” She shoved a helmet into his hands, putting her backpack in the small trunk in the back before straddling the seat. “Hop on and hold tight.”

She was curious how he’d react to first the bike and second the place she was taking him. It was one of her favorite places to spend her time when she wasn’t at school.

Diego was only semi-surprised to be led to a motorcycle. While it was objectively surprising, it was something that does suit her pretty well. However, he was then granted a helmut, which he put on. He was never on a motorbike before. He got on and put his arms around her waist and when they began going.

"Holy helllllllllll!!" Diego shouted, going in surprise as they were on the motorcycle. It was definitely unlike anything he was on. It was dangerous, but also exiciting. He was holding onto her, holding onto her like she said.

"This is nuts! And kinda awesome!" Diego said as he couldn't but chuckle a bit, not laughing that much because of the bruises.

“You want awesome?” Maize gunned it, zooming down the streets, weaving between cars until she pulled up into the parking lot of a seedy looking dive bar. It was the kind of place one would expect to be constantly engaged in bar fights, the windows dirty from decades of smoking, parking lot filled with only trucks and bikes.

Hopping off her bike, Maize stretched. “C’mon. Just loop the helmet on the handlebar. Don’t worry, everyone knows me in here. They won’t bother you if you’re with me.”

"Holy moly!" Diego shouted as he felt her gun the motorcycle and they were speeding through traffic and going past cars. Before long, they arrived over at the destination. It was your standard and indeed almost stereotypical dive bar. The place where truckers and bikers headed there. On one hand, Diego was not surprised she went here since it fit her, but on the other hand, it was still pretty surprising nonetheless.

Diego left the helmet on the handlebar like she said and he nodded. He followed her inside and noticed that it appeared to be a bit quieter than he expected. Then again, it was Friday night so he figured they would be in different places and so on. "Definitely has alot of character this place," Diego noted.

Maize nodded, a genuine smile on her face as she walked over to a table and thumped her bag down. “I’ve been coming here since I was fifteen. Turns out when you threaten to gut a biker gang leader’s brother on the street, it’s a 50/50 chance they’ll kill you or ask you to hang out. I got lucky.”

She held up her hand. “Oi! Meeks! Get me a Bar Fight! And a menu!” The bartender glanced over, looked between her and Diego, and chuckled. A minute later he came over, setting down two sodas and handing Diego a bag of ice and a small menu.

“Two drinks and a bag of ice for the loser. You beating up guys again, Maize?”

“Nah, I’m a hero, Meeks. Saved Vendrix from getting his ass kicked. Give us a minute, we’ll order.” The bartender chuckled again, shaking his head before returning to the bar.

Maize grinned and took a sip of her soda. “Order whatever you want. I have a tab here,” she said.

Diego smiled back at seeing Maize's genuine smile. Her beauty really shown through with her smile. "Oh wow, that's pretty gutsy of you to do," Diego told her, impressed and a little worried by her nerve. Diego then raised an eyebrow at the Bar Fight thing before looking at who was Meek.

Diego took the ice and lookd a little annoyed at being called loser. "I am not a loser, thank you very much, Mr. Meeks," Diego said. "Thank you also for the ice," he said as he watched the bartender head over to the back of the bar.

"All right. I guess I will have a soda too like you... and maybe the normal cheeseburger," Diego ordered before he looked at Maize.

Laughing, Maize clapped him on the back. “He wasn’t calling you a loser. You lose the fight, you get the ice. You were getting kicked in the head, Vendrix. You were the loser.”

She picked up the menu and went up to the bar, speaking with Meeks briefly before returning. “Right! It’ll be a couple minutes. While we wait, I guess we can start on the tutoring.”

Maize seemed so much more at ease here, actually smiling and laughing genuinely. She actually seemed like a normal girl, rather than a violent maniac like her persona at school.

Diego couldn't help but chuckle if just a bit. However, seeing Maize smile and laugh did lighten his spirits considerably to saw the least. Seeing her actually be happy made him realize how little he knew about her and also that maybe he wanted to know her more. She was beautiful yea, but she was so much more.

"All right then. We'll start then," Diego told her with a smile as he took out the book and tutoring her for their math class. Math wasn't his strong suit, but he tried and pushed through, even trying to find different techniques to do the equations and so on to get the result and showing what you know. Time seemed to fly by because before long, their food arrived. "What do you think thus far? Sorry if I'm a bit of a chatterbox," he adds with a bit of a blush as his burger arrived and put the book and paper away,

Back
Top Bottom