Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dark_Fire27

Super-Earth
Just a week ago, you sent out your application to attend one of the best-known academies that teach he essentials to adventuring, a trait at least one of your parents have experienced at some point in their life; perhaps they still do it! Nervousness courses through you, wondering whether they will take you on as a student... and then, the letter comes in! Opening the seal, you pull out the parchment, with an attached pamphlet alongside it. On the paper, it reads...

To the applicant

Thank you very much for your letter, providing all of your known skills and abilities
within. After much consideration, to have you as a part of Zeaketh Academy would
most certainly be of great benefit to hone on. As such, we will gratefully accept you
within our walls as a student. Everything you need to know and what to bring will be
included the provided pamphlet, in addition to the various recreational activities you
will surely come into. Welcome, our newest student of Zeaketh Academy!

From Headmaster of Zeaketh
Adrian Zenon Charleson

The provided pamphlet goes on about various subjects and majors that a student is able to take when there, the appropriate equipment and materials to bring with, and just what to expect over the course of the next four years to come. Students at least 16 years of age may apply, but some aren't usually accepted until they're 18 years of age unless said student has proven themselves to be exceptionally 'gifted' for a future adventurer at their age. Your heart is beating in your chest; that the headmaster has accepted you to be part of Zeaketh, the academy that is quite a popular choice to attend. Knowing that, there will be various peers there with you, attending the same classes you do, potentially share your visions, but there will be some who's ideals will be different, others may choose to try and balance both sides of the spectrum. You can expect to see fellow kin there, those of the same race, but Zeaketh is open to all humanoid species, you'll likely see your share of other there as well!

Whatever's to come, you just got to be prepared for them; then again, you never know what to expect...!

------------------------------------------------------

Essentially, a roleplay taking place within academy focused on adventures and the students striving to be some of the best out there. This will take place in a fantasy setting; swords, bows, axes, spears... everything to very early, though unreliable, firearms, will be included here. Now, I will do my best to explain how things will go; when and if enough people show enough interest, I will make a character sheet page which will include the various races and their strengths/weaknesses as well as their likes/dislikes when it comes to other races in the same group. Alignment, like good, evil, and neutral, will also affect how others will view each other.

Some species may be better geared to understanding the more physical natures of adventuring, such as kicking down doors to slaying dragons, others may choose instead to pick locked doors and steal the treasure while the dragon sleeps, and some may even heavily prefer the non-combative fundamentals, such as alchemy or understanding that some items may actually be enchanted, even have an understanding in assorted magic capabilities that can be used either for combat or merely everyday use.

'Courses' will vary, which teach the various capabilities of everyday knowhow in adventures and/or better understanding of some of the majors, and 'Majors' refer to the type of class your character is, such as 'Warrior', 'Cleric', 'Thief' and such, with courses provided to help better understand them. That being said, everyone starts off somewhere; because attending Zeaketh is approximately a four-year term, I will accept 2nd and 3rd year students; 4th year students I will leave as NPCs or 'Guest' characters that may accompany a group, with their own strengths/weaknesses towards them, which typically will play out in one or two scenes.

Moving to age... 16 is the minimum requirement, but students usually aren't accepted until they're 18 unless they show exceptional talent. As such, hoping to see very few 16, possibly though unlikely none, out there, 17s flexible, but 18s are preferred unless your background story checks out, when I get the character sheets made up.

If this gets to be a big enough interest, I might request a moderator to make it its own thread to expand on... I might be in over my head, however, trying to handle this by myself. As such, any help on how I could expand on this would be greatly appreciated. Typical Blue Moon Rules apply here, such as no godmodding and whatnot. While this will be heavily story focused, sexual activity can and likely will be something to happen along the way, but this isn't an 'out in the open' sexual experience. Either keep them to messages between yourselves, or if necessary and the large thread thing happens, might even make a separate thread for the company involved in such antics.

I am only one person, but this idea has been on my mind for a while now; this is just the basic rundown of what I have in mind, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. I hope that this works out and will be enjoyable in the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Can find the character sheets here.

Last edited:
Of course, you're welcome to join. I have been waiting for enough people to join, but that has been a slow process so far... Could be worse, though.

Yep, always looking for more. I have made a character thread as well as an OOC thread, so feel free to consider up a character, and if you have questions/suggestions, feel free to put up your thoughts in the OOC section.

Back
Top Bottom