Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vampire's Mark [Hatchet - ScarlettRose]

Alexander’s threats were unnecessary to say the least. As far as Kat was concerned this was just something to cure her of her boredom and plus she got the chance to put Alexander off kilter. She could see the way he looked at her and to say she was playing with fire would be an understatement but then she was like a moth to a flame she couldn’t help herself.

It was a week later and her first shift as she stood behind the receptionist desk leaning over Debbie the actual receptionist who was showing her things when Alexander walked in and Katrina flashed him a grin from her bright red lips.

She stood in a tight little black dress that accentuated her tiny waist and curves. Almost indecent with how short it was. “Good morning Doctor.” She smiled brightly. “Anything I can get for you today?” Playing the good receptionist but her words had a meaning of their own .

Debbie glanced from Katrina to Alexander, her face whitening as she spoke to him. Though the older receptionist had distaste with what she was wearing, she hadn't said a word about it because she knew that Alexander at some point would. He was just...Particular, that way.

Alexander took the files from Debbie and swapped them with files he had from earlier as he flipped through them not even acknowledging the two.

"...Nothing for me but how about doing something for yourself and fetch a new wardrobe. This is a hospital not a whore house." Alexander said, slapping the files back on the counter and left once more, Debbie giving her a knowing look.

"No one tries to converse with him Katrina, just greet him and give him what he needs. That man is so down to business its no wonder how he goes through a girlfriend a week." Debbie seemed to be a bit of a gossiper but what she didn't know was Alexander's hearing as he closed the door behind him a bit too firmly.

"I'll make sure to get daddy's credit card and do that." Katrina replied to Alexander's comments with a sarcastic grin, knowing her words would irritate him mildly. She was far from pleased with his comments but fortunately both her parents had been strong individuals who had instilled in her an unshakeable confidence that was hardly going to be shaken by a few coarse words from anybody. Not even from someone she respected like Alexander.

"Oh I think I can give him what he needs Debbie." Kat replied to her new pal, while her sharp gaze was fixed on the closed door to Alexander's office, knowing that the Vampire had far better hearing than your average human being. "Maybe he just hasn't met the right woman . . . It's okay." She smiled sweetly turning back to Deb. "I'm pretty sure he's stuck in another century. Maybe he'd prefer me to come to work with a corset on with a gown over it that covers me from the tips of my toes to the top of my neck." She shared a grin with the receptions. "Anyway, I dress how I like and I'm not about to change that on anyone's account. Bet, the other Doc's like it. I think I look rather business casual. Don't you think? Any hot doctors I should know about Deb?"

"Some of the other staff thinks he might just be gay." She chuckled lightly but it was only a joke, "just don't be too scandalous or you will have to talk to HR. Anyway...Hmm...Well Curtis was the most popular but now that man's taken...Alexander is quite the looker but that personality is hard to swallow..." She said looking around the office.

"Dr. Patel...If you like someone a bit more foreign is quite attractive...Came all the way from India for his schooling, even trained under Alexander but he's much more approachable."

Alexander made a few rounds back to the clerks to pick up files and documents, not even sparing her a glance as he was completely emersed in his work.

"Wouldn't that be a shame for the ladies?" Katrina grinned making the older woman laugh. Clearly she was just another victim under the spell of Kat's uniquely attractive personality. "They way I see it Deb, I'm just the free help so if HR want to 'talk' to me, they know where to find me. I'm sure I can make them see things my way."

It was clear the Dr. Alexander she knew was actually different from the actual Dr. Alexander. Or maybe she had simply always just seen him in a different way? If she thought about it . . . She had always been a kid, at first he was just a friend of her parents. He'd even watched her as a little kid. It was kind of weird . . . And maybe she was playing with fire. Some lines were there for a reason and not meant to ever be crossed.

"Dr. Patel huh?" Yes, it was time she stopped playing with things she shouldn't be playing with. "You have to be my wing woman Deb. You gotta introduce me to this Dr Patel. I'm totally brown enough to pass for an Indian should I ever have to go to India with him to meet his parent's or something." She winked, totally serious about this doctor but Alexander was an anomaly not quite as easy to put out of her head as she would have liked.

A few hours, Alexander came out of a meeting room with Dr. Patel as the two doctors spoke to one another, the pupil to the teacher as it was noted the younger doctor was fond of his previous mentor. Patel walked to the desk and greeted the women there, his smile widening just a bit when he caught a glimpse of the beautiful temptress that was Alyssa.

However, the smile was not missed by Alexander who cleared his throat, immediately pausing Patel's gaze as the younger man looked toward his teacher.

"Raj, this is Alyssa. She's the daughter of that abrasive family friend I told you about." Alexander joked about her father, a thing Alyssa was quite used to when her father was or was not around, it didn't really matter. Everyone knew how Donder was.

Shaking her hand, Patel flashed a charming, friendly smile at her but it wasn't nearly as predatory as Alexander's. "I remember your father. When I interned under Alexander, he threw a fit when I took the checkup in my own hands while his regular just sat back in the corner...Grinning was it?" He mused to his mentor as Alexander simply chuckled.

It turned out that Deb was not as boring as she appeared. In fact, she was more than just a receptionist, Deb was an information broker. In other words, she was the biggest gossip in the hospital. It couldn't hurt to have a friend like that could it? At least Deb thought they were friends now. But that hardly matter. As dull as this little experience promised to be, her colleague kept Katrina with the latest goings on in the hospital.

Alexander and his numerous girlfriends probably were about fifty per cent of what was talked about. Although, for a reason Katrina could not understand but simply assumed was simply due to her childhood crush, she found herself not particularly enjoying the detail of Alexander's personal life. And yet, she found herself still wanting to hear about it. Of course, this did not mean she had so quickly backed out of her commitment to herself.

After all, it was clear Alexander was far too detached for . . . well anything! She guessed. Either way as two doctors approached and Deb elbowed her, letting her know that that was the man, Katrina smiled brightly as the men stopped before their desk. Katrina swivelled slightly, relaxing back in her seat, one leg crossed over the other, a pen in her hand, before reaching out and shaking Raj's hand.

"Don't you mean aggressive, pigheaded wolf?" Katrina's gaze shifted to Alexander's for a moment, sharing a private joke of a sort that the other two participants of the conversation clearly weren't privy to before her smile was back on Dr. Raj Patel, letting go of his hand. "Grinning? Alexander? How shocking." Katrina grinned up at the exotic doctor. There was a clearly an ease of personality that made him easy to converse with and get along with that she could not begrudge. "Well," She leaned forward slightly, resting her forearms of her crossed legs. "I promised I'm far more accommodating. I promise not to throw a fit anytime you want to check me out." Katrina winked at the Doctor.

It was strange flirting with someone when Alexander was right there. But there was nothing binding them. And it wasn't like he was her dad or anyone who had any right or control over her. She was free to date who she liked. Even though it felt incredibly uncomfortable with him right there. "I'm actually about to go on break. Do you like coffee Raj?"

Alexander simply chuckled lightly at their private joke while Dr. Patel glanced between the two clearly lost from the comment but smiled back at her when she looked to him.

Smiling politely at the invitation to coffee, he flirted a bit innocently back at her however it didn't go unnoticed by Alexander who looked ruffled by the interaction.

"As a matter of fact I do, my...You're quite forward aren't you?" Teased the younger doctor as Alexander gripped his clip board, his knuckles white as he tried not to snap it.

"Rajendra." Alexander cut in, Raj looking a bit irritated that Alexander used his full first name as he glanced to his mentor. "Might I remind you of your paperwork that needs to be sitting on my desk the minute you leave. Not to mention Miss Locke." He said his tone sharp and cutting, "needs to finish her training, particularly appropriate workplace conduct." He growled lowly, Debbie paling at the sight of Alexander being so mad.

However Raj shook his head and patted his mentor's shoulder. "Not everyone is a cutthroat workaholic like yourself, Ainsworth, I'll have it at your desk before I leave." Alexander said nothing as he glanced between the two and slapped his files down on the counter, Debbie quickly taking them as Alexander walked off in a huff.

"Pardon him...That was...A bit unusual behavior though..." Raj said blinking as he watched Alexander leave.

The intrusion of Alexander's sharp tone stole her attention from the young Indian doctor to the tall blonde vampire at his side. Katrina looked upon the man curiously. Was that . . . jealousy? She sensed? It couldn't be . . . could it? Katrina had found herself coy in Alexander's presences lately but he had seemed most unaffected by her gestures. She had assumed that everything she gathered to be flirting on his end that been nothing but conversation and she had imagined the undertones . . . This was Alexander after all. He was her father's friend and she had known him since the very day she was born.

Curiously, the young Vampire watched the much older vampire as he slammed down his files on the desk and stormed off. She replied nothing to his comments while inside her mind was running a mile a minute. Could Doctor Alexander Ainsworth actually see her as more than just some kid of his friend's?

"Oh is it?" Katrina eventually replied to Raj, her gaze moving back to the handsome young Doctors. "I assure you it's not for me." She grinned. "He's usually irritated with me in someway. I'm ready for that coffee now if you are?"

And with that, the pair went down to canteen and spent almost an hour, talking, flirting. Raj was a funny, charming guy that any girl would be lucky to date and although they arranged a second date outside of work hours, Alexander had not been far from her thoughts. Nor had his display earlier. Maybe she was overthinking it but then she couldn't think of anything else for the time being.

It had been a long day and night had descended outside. Katrina stood looking across at the city through the big glass window's of the hospital. She had debated for a long moment after saying goodbye to Deb whether or not she should approach Alexander and decided finally that as the one who had actually found her the position she should at least thank him at the very least. Thus, a short moment later Katrina knocked on the door to his office and slipped in.

"Hey . . . I just wanted to say, I'm going to head home now and . . . I actually enjoyed my first day sooooo thanks I guess?" She smiled as a long silence fell upon the room. "Is everything okay with you Alexander?" She ventured. "You seemed a little upset earlier."

Alexander had time to cool down from his earlier meltdown as he was typing on his computer. Grimacing to himself, even he wasn't so sure what went wrong and why he felt such a carnal, possessiveness over her as she flirted with his colleague.

Sighing as he sensed her approaching his door he didn't look up as she entered his office but his brows knitted further.

"Your thanks is most sincere." He said sarcastically, his tone dull, "I'm assuming you get that from your mother."

As the silence fell he expected her to leave until she prodded him further, causing the older man to look up cocking a brow. "I'm fine. I'm running low on rest, that's all. Now if you'll excuse me." He said glancing back at his laptop and papers on his desk. Rudeness was the best way for him to deal with her rather than how his instincts would make him react.

"I'm sure I get a lot things from my mother." She grinned slightly taking a step further into the room, closer to his desk. "Not all of them are bad as my dad likes to say just . . . most." Katrina teased playing both her hands on his desk, leaning forward slightly. Clearly the man was still slightly vexed, although fortunately not as much as he had been earlier.

"And I'll have you know," She continued coyly, not knowing why exactly she enjoyed getting arise out of him. Or maybe it was simply the fact she did not like it when he was so apathetic towards her or simply in general. "I can be very sincere but . . . I don't think you'd like to see that." She winked at his utterly not amused features.

Rest he claimed he was running low on but Kat did not think there was ever a time she had seen the man rest in her entire life. He was a machine. His desk may have been piled with paperwork but that was hardly anything new. Taking a seat across from his desk ignoring his dismissal she ventured. "I could help you? Don't you know it only takes one day of working the desk before you're an expert. So how can I help?"

"Katrina, please. I have no time for your games I need to complete this." He growled lowly as she winked at him, that only setting his nerves off further as the pen in his hand started to crack. "Go home, you've completed your shift for the day, there's nothing left for you here."

Rolling his eyes as she sat at his desk and glanced over his work, he snatched the files from her setting them on the other side of his desk. "Also not for you, its confidential and you are not a healthcare professional now if you'll excuse me." He said tapping the files on his desk for further emphasis.

He held his tongue after that as he went back to his computer, typing with one hand and writing with another his entire form rigid.

Katrina did not so much as flinch as Alexander snatched the file from her hand. She was hardly ever offended by his short temper. To her he was almost like an endangered species that she enjoyed studying from afar, from behind the glass, the barrier he put up and every so often she would prod or poke him to get a reaction out of him. Hardly ever a good one.

"My, my, we are touchy." She said rising from her seat. "You're excused." She smirked at his request moving towards the door. She stopped just before opening it and turned to face him one last time before leaving. "Alexander, I really am grateful for the opportunity. But you know what I realised today? I don't think I'm cut out to work a regular job or be stuck in one place too long. So just so you know, I'm going to finish these couple of weeks here and then I'm thinking about going back out there into the big wide world." She smiled at him, this smile was genuine not filled with any tease or guile or anything at all. "And I'll be out of your hair and my parent's. Pretty sure they've got used to me not being around anymore and prefer it that way. Anyway . . . Goodnight. See you tomorrow I guess."

"Oh please, your parents enjoy your company its just...I'm sure they like time with themselves especially since your father retired from Princeton." Alexander snorted as he flipped through papers then immediately paused as what she had said finally hit his brain. "...You're...Leaving again?" He said slowly looking over at her, his voice having an incredibly rare and slight waver to it.

"...I don't understand...You obtained your degree...You could do quite a lot with that you know." He said, this behavior quite unlike anything Alexander showed her as if he was almost pleading her to reconsider her actions before she were to board and set sail.

“I’m pretty sure that’s all they like to do.” Katrina laughed lightly. “I’m certain my mom wasn’t as big a recluse as she is now before she met my dad.”

Her parents were almost relationship goal status but almost everyone knew they couldn’t stand each other as much as they loved each other. Maybe that was the key to a good relationship. She was pretty sure her older sister would strongly disagree.

Her golden flecked gaze shifted to his and she blinked with a slightly confused look. The reaction she received was the last thing she could have expected. “I think a degree means something far different to you than it does to me Alexander.” She smiled slightly. “Yeah I mean . . . There’s no real reason to stay . . . Is there?”

Her gaze never faltered from his and somehow she found herself hoping for something deep inside. She just needed one reason. And it could only come from him.

"...No I suppose not." He muttered and slowly sat back down in his chair, grabbing his pen and averted his eyes from hers. "I just don't want you to regret anything," is what he chalked it up to and what he told her as he went back to writing his notes and plans for the next day's of work.

"If you feel this is right than by all means." Alexander said lowly, waving her to the door but he was ridged and...A tad salty from her acclamation of leaving however he had no reason it seemed to stop her, they were nothing. All he was to her was a guardian as he slowly pressed his imprinted thoughts to the back of his head and continued to work, waiting for the door to close behind her.

“Do you not?” She questioned him curiously. He was a hard man to understand but she always felt like she did. But the problem with Alexander was he never said what was truly on his mind and this was something she couldn’t guess and she was no mind reader. She needed to hear it for it to be true.

“What could I possibly regret Alexander? If I go out in the world. I’ll learn new things meet new people. I might even meet the love of my life. But don’t worry,” she pushed gently. “I wouldn’t get married anywhere else but Home so you’ll get to meet the one who can claim me as his mate.”

There was a loud crack before black ink covered Alexander's fingers, hand, and ran down to stain his white coat as he slammed his hands down onto the desk and stood abruptly. His eyes were blood red as his fangs lengthened at her.

"Don't you dare speak of such filth to me!" He snapped at her, his carnal instincts getting the best of him then they had in centuries. "I'd rather lock you in a fucking underground cell than see whatever pig you bring back to this country!" He was now face to face with her, seething down at her his chest just inches away as he had her backed up to his door.

The reaction had be electric and a hundred times more volition than she had ever expected. She had never expected such a depth of feeling for her in his regards. Maybe he was still only acting out of a fatherly position. She hated that that might actually all there was too it.

Her breathing was steady although her heart was pounding wildly when in a flash he was stood before. Red eyes burning and boring into her. Placing the flats of her palm against his solid chest she could feel strong sinewy muscle as her fingers curled in the lux material. “Lock me up then.” Her voice gentle pulling his closer until there lips were but a breath apart. “Keep me for yourself.” She whispered seductively heart racing teetering the line that could change everything forever.

Alexander let out a low growl as he freed one hand and turned the lock.

"Watch me." He growled lowly at her, barring his fangs as he slammed his lips down against hers for a long moment as if decades of repressed feelings finally fell out of him before letting go as they both panted for breath. However Alexander was still too pumped up with fury when she dared talk about another man taking her as his fangs sunk into her neck, leaving a mark there that would never go away.

Pulling back, his chest was heaving as he came down from his high, wiping the little bit of blood from his mouth as his blood red eyes still stared down at her.

Katrina's heart hammered like a frightened rabbit's against her ribcage. Threatening to beat right out of her chest. She couldn't believe what she was doing. With Alexander! Of all people! But it just felt . . . right. She gasped at his words and then in a breath of a second his lips were pressed against hers and everything was suddenly right with the world. She kissed him back with enough ardour to fill a life time. Her arms coming up to wrap around his neck.

But he broke the embrace and they both panted as if they'd run a marathon and a half. However, Alexander was far from done and Katrina cried out; a cry that turned into a moan as he sunk his sharp fangs into her neck and she only held onto him tighter. Did he know what he'd just done?! She couldn't be sure but it was like she realised in that very moment it was exactly what she wanted.

Again he pulled away, chest heaving, glowering down at her with those blood red eyes. Kat said nothing. Her own breathing ragged as one hand stroked the hair at the nape of his neck and the with the other she brushed the back of her fingers against his flushed cheek affectionately. Before, arching her neck to the side and guiding his fangs back to the puncture wounds upon her pristine skin. It was all his.

Alexander didn't taste her blood, he had never drank from a living thing before as his parents brought him up on older blood rather than fresh. However the scent was intoxicating as his hand shook as he wiped it onto his coat, trying to contain himself as he continued to stare down at her.

"Now." He said clearing his throat trying to get that predatory growl out of it as he cocked an auburn brow. "What was this nonsense you said about leaving?" He asked and to anyone else they would have just heard him make an offhanded comment but she could indeed hear the venom and warning within his voice.

Katrina held onto him. Her arms still wrapped around his neck. She wasn't ready to let go. He hadn't drunk from her and it left her almost bereft and wanting. It did not bode well for what she wanted. Him. But then everything was happening so fast. She reminded herself progress had been made as he started to become practical again and she couldn't have that right now. There were many things she knew about Alexander that an average person of his acquaintance would not know. She had always paid greater interest in him and it was clear now why.

Her hand came back down to his cheek and she stroked it, while holding onto him and looking up into his eyes. He was more animal than human right now. Possessive and yet not ready to take possession. "I am leaving." She dared him dangerously in a smooth yet loving voice. "Unless you claim me as yours before all." That was the deal. She knew where this would go. He would have sudden bangs of guilt tomorrow otherwise and be telling her how he had made a mistake. This was no mistake. They were perfect. Everything clicked into place. Her stroked up to brush the soft hair behind his ear. "Say it."

Alexander went ridged again as his brows furrowed in irritation. As she stroked his cheek and hair, his hand lightly came up to where it looked as if he was going to play with her hair until his deft fingers wrapped around her throat, forcing her to move so that the mark he had newly made on her was visible to him as he stared dangerously into her eyes.

"This is how I will claim you for now, and therefore if you dare leave." He said his grip tightening, not enough to hurt her but to spur the notion that he would not stand for such talk. "You will leave a trail of death wherever you go and my darling Katrina..." He said in a moving, low but sweet voice he seldom ever made, "that is not how you would like to start off a relationship with me." He had no intention of feeding from her, it was a personal preference, he never had to do it before, nor was he going to force her against the wall and take her until the building came down, there was still hesitation within him.

"Not good enough." Katrina replied feeling his hand constrict around her throat. Everything about his stance claimed ownership and yet he would not go through with the actual act of binding them together. Her neck almost burned where he had punctured it but not drank. Her blood boiled with the need for him to claim her and then she could sink her fangs into him and do the same. But something was holding him back and when she had Alexander, she would have all of him without hesitation and it would him who gave himself to her fully.

His voice was sweet, a tone she had not heard since childhood and she was certain even then it had only been reserved for her. Because she was his and had always been. "You don't know what I want." She told him in a voice that was drunk with desire. "But you'll learn." She told him. "Don't tell me what I will and won't do." One leg curving around his and sliding up slowly. "If I have you, I'll have all of you Alexander or you'll have none of me." Her lips moving to his neck, kissing a trail up the rugged skin to his ear. "Is that understood?" She whispered hotly against his ear, never before having been so assertive with him. Her heart beating against his, the erratic rhythm almost in sync.

Back
Top Bottom