Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vampire's Mark [Hatchet - ScarlettRose]

Hatchet

Star
Alexander was a pack friend despite their obvious species differences. He didn't quite mind the wolves, and Doc was a fantastic coworker at the hospital, especially when it came to conserving supernatural life. Driving in his sleek cherry red car as he entered the outskirts of town, he was unable to make it to the wedding but promised the bride and groom that he'd make it for the reception.

Smirking to himself, it was a bit of a shock when he found out Pierce had a significant other, she could be quite difficult and...Abrasive at times but it wasn't impossible to get to know her, obviously her knew mate needed to be patient and able to brush off her blunt and sarcastic sense of humor.

Parking in the designated area in the NO TRESPASSING zone he walked off to the clearing to the cabin where the party was being held, everyone changing into something much more comfortable. However, a sent caught his attention as his eye twitched seeing it still for some reason turned his head and with Amelia still off in Europe, he couldn't get her to spill the beans on what it was but either way he pulled on a pleasant face.

He enjoyed Katrina, he was one of her caretakers when her parents needed some alone time but that scent continued to plague his senses. Now she was older, more adapted to the world and no doubt would be getting a lot of attention, hopefully taking it off her sister.

Getting himself something to drink, he tried somewhat to avoid her, at least until he had a couple of drinks in him, still smelling like the office.

The wedding had been exactly how Katrina would have imagined her older sister’s nuptials to be. Nothing too fancy yet completely elegant. The reception however could easily turn the other way, what with the pact here and other exotic guests.

Howbeit, Katrina Locke had little time to consider such things. She was inundated with people wanting to speak to her. People wanting to hear how she was and how her long spent travels had fared. And being of a friendly character who seemed to get along with everyone Katrina obliged them.

The last thing the young beauty wanted however was to steal the life light from her sister on her big day. So when the opportunity presented itself to excuse herself and escape she slipped away from her captivated audience and after spending quite sometime in the ladies room, righting her body contouring short white dress with a floral print and touching up her make up, she found a seat at the open bar.

Taking a load off her high heeled and vary feet. She sighed in relief nursing the cocktail the bartender had set before her. Not too far away she could see her parents speaking to someone she didn’t recognise before her eyes shifted and caught the figure at the other end of the bar. Katrina smiled at the man. She recognised him but she didn’t think he’d recognise her. It had been far too long.

“Wedding parties not your thing?” She asked across the bar?

Alexander chuckled as she spoke to him across the bar not only at his inability to keep his distance but from her question. Taking another shot he rose a fine rusted brunet brow to the aspiring young lady.

"Interestingly enough I share the same opinion on wedding parties as your sister. She invited me as a family friend of coarse but also to spite me." He mused knowing how Pierce liked to play. "I see you've been getting your fair amount of attention this evening as well, Katrina. How are things?" Alexander asked casually, swirling what was left in his glass as he stared at it absently.

Finishing his drink the bartender refilled it without a word, Alexander able to hold his liquor better than her father when it came to intoxication it seemed.

"Of coarse I understand if the subject of your studies abroad are uninteresting for you to repeat over and over again." He teased lightly, flashing her a fanged grin.

Katrina matched his grin and slowly slid around the bar to the seat next to him. He had not changed a single bit since she could ever remember but then again that was one of the perks of being a blood drinker. Blood was life but it was also so much more.

“Wellllll.” She grinned leaning a little closer for his ears only. “If you can keep it a secret . . . I wasn’t exactly. . . Studying.”

She couldn’t fathom why she was telling him when she’d told no one else. Specially not her parents who would freak out but she’d long dropped her studies to travel full time.

“I mean I suppose it’s a different kind of studying just not your usual type but it was AMAZING! There’s so much beyond . . . Here!” Katrina smiled brightly taking a long sip of her drink.
“How are things with you Doctor?”

She couldn’t fathom why the man had stayed so long on this boring part of the earth for so long. He seemed so worldly to her growing up.

“What adventures have you gotten up to while I’ve been away?”

Alexander cocked a brow and leaned in as she whispered to him, what she spoke made him smirk as he glanced sideways at her. "...How terrible of you..." He mused glancing over her head to look at her parents who were chatting with other guests, knowing neither of them would be very pleased to learn that their daughter wasn't doing as they promised him. "But yes I can understand your enthusiasm quite a bit."

He enjoyed traveling in his free time as well, humanity still intrigued him but not in the way he let on. He found them to be a feeble race, much like Nile but instead of eradicating them from existence he found that their sheer ability to adapt fascinating. They were nothing more than insects under a microscope to him now.

"I went to the Middle East over the past year, I might have told you archaeology is a bit of a hobby of mine." Alexander shrugged, as smug and cultured as always. "The team I hitched a ride with found several odd gem stones." He mused pulling out a tailsmen, "they weren't sure what they were for but I know they once held powerful enchantments." He mused handing her one, the color almost otherwordly.

"Okay Alexander. Have you ever gone on an adventure that wasn't educational in any sense?" Katrina laughed at the Vampire she had known since she could remember. She was pretty sure he was actually present when she was being born. How crazy was that? And he didn't a look a day over thirty something. "Because if not," The pretty pure blood continued. "We need to change that somehow." She took a sip of her cocktail, turning slightly and scrutinising him openly.

"How old are you? One hundred? Two hundred years old? It's like my parent's, they don't get there's a whole world out there besides books and classrooms. Surely, many of the lessons life has to offer are learnt outside the classroom in the real world? You need to get out more Alexander. If you didn't avoid me so much I could show you." Katrina joked with a grin. Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe it was the crush she had on him since the age of twelve that was prompting her to flirt slightly.

Katrina however was a sensible girl and checked herself. Not only was it totally weird, he was friends with her parent's for God's sake. But he'd been sort of like an uncle to her and she wasn't about to mess with that. "I'm only joking but . . . Yeah, you should do that?" She cleared her throat. "So what else is new with you? How's your girlfriend . . . I can't remember her name, sorry? She seemed nice?" Again this was dangerous grounds so she changed the subject again. "Or . . . maybe a new pet? Like a . . . fish? You look like a guy that'd keep fish." She nodded.

Alexander slowly rose a brow as he continued to drink from his glass, amused by her rambling as he tried to hide a smirk. "My dear, I enjoy being intelligent. If I didn't learn something on each and every trip I'd assume I've wasted money. Also, its hard to go on a vacation that isn't educational when you're alone." He sighed with a shrug and glanced at her next question. "...Miss Haley and I went our separate ways." He said lowly, Alexander was....Vicious about ex lovers, at least lovers that were able to get a hold of him.

"And no, no new pets." He said and rolled his eyes about fish, "I have a fish tank in my office, as you recall. You knocked the entire container of fish food in the water when you were eight." The vampire chuckled lightly and stretched. "But no, no personal pets. Fish are like plants to me."

"I didn't knock it." Katrina pouted then smiled. "You weren't feeding them so I just thought I'd give them a little extra." She tried to remain serious but started laughing. "Pretty sure I murdered a lot of them by over feeding them. It's just how I show my love. Imagine what my kids will be like." She grinned before shrugging. "Sorry to hear that about Haley but . . . Plenty of fish in the tank." She laughed at her own stupid joke. Her perfectly straight teeth shinning bright against the crimson of her lips.

"Maybe one day we'll be going to your wedding." She suggest with mischief in her eyes. "I mean if my sister of all people can manage it. There's still hope for you Mr Intelligent. Pretty sure chicks dig the accent right? Lead with that. Look, there's a nice woman sitting my herself. She's pretty. Why don't you go talk to her? Chat her up as you English say."

"I heard that." Pierce grumbled at her with a playful growl before turning back to her guests as Alexander chuckled.

Sighing, he pushed his glass away, having his fill for the evening. "Its not a lack of social skills, my dear. I just don't seem to have the time for a relationship...And due to my age I can't seem to find someone who's not a total bore like myself but is at least mature." Alexander liked maturity in a relationship, rarely was he attracted to young bloods and when he was it was nothing more than a casual one night stand, no strings attached...At least on his side.

"Why are you playing match maker, my dear? Shouldn't you be out sinking your teeth into some poor inattentive fellow?" Alexander purred in question flashing her a grin.

"With my dad just over there?" Katrina scoffed. "What do you think? Nobody will ever be good enough for his baby girl. Pierce just about convinced him to not kill her bridegroom. Anyway, I just think after all these years of watching you skulk around with Science as your mistress, I think you just think you need a push. So I'm pushing. Go on." She nudged him slightly but he barely moved.

"Though I disagree, it's definitely a lack of modern social skill. Plus you've become so hermitted. I can literally smell the old lonely man stink on you." She teased. "Plus, there's plenty of people your age out there . . . somewhere. There must be a few here."

"Shoo with you, I'm not old." Alexander scoffed at her, waving her comment off. "I could have any girl I wished I just...Have more important things to do with my time..." Cocking a darkened auburn brow at her as he twirled the ice left in his glass. "I'm not interested in anyone of the pack, Katrina. Not to mention wolves just have a better chance of living to one hundred, not eternity like you or myself."

Donder paused as he glanced over his shoulder, snorting lowly as he felt Katrina getting up and a bit close to Alexander as his wolfish, daddy instincts were tingling. She most certainly wasn't like her sister who was more reserved and therefore he felt like he needed to keep an eye on her.

"Alpha's watching." He mused giving a smirk to Donder who gave him a sour look.

“More important. Sure.” Katrina raised her own dark brows at him as she grinned. “So touchy.” She teased further. “You’re as bad as my dad. I’ve seen him and mom get into full blown arguments when she says she’s an old man.”

Her parents relationship was like the goal. They had their ups and downs but eventually they’d find a way back to each other no matter what. Clearly, their relationship however was a rarity in society. Not many people stayed together as long as they’d been together and as her mother usually joked, ‘she’d get less time for murder.’

Katrina laughed watching her father frown at Alexander. She waved at her dad as she said to Alexander. “Maybe you should kiss me, that’d really give him something to watch.”

Alexander smiled as he shifted, resting his head on his hand as he looked into her eyes, his silver ones almost glistening. "Wouldn't that be an...Opportunity..." Alexander purred at her, however it was a tone she would not be used to being directed at her. It was almost predatory, the way he'd speak to someone he was mildly interested in who also showed interest in him, or even worse...Someone he found as prey.

"It would be dangerous...He'd have me thrown out immediately...Are you sure you want to risk putting me in danger?" He teased lightly inching closer, not sure if it was just to tease her or because of his previous drinks.

“He wouldn’t throw you out.” Katrina’s gaze was locked on Alexander’s as he shifted in his seat side ways to face her. He was toying with her and yet she almost believed his slick tone.

She’d heard him speak to his paramours over the years in that same tone, either on the phone or in person. Never before on her. She was used to his parental tone. But this was far from that. And although she left a shiver of awareness run down her spine. Katrina ignored it. This was Alexander, he would never really see her as more than the little girl he’d seen grow up.

“He’d kill you dead.” Katrina finished in a playful manner. “Question is are you willing to risk the possibility of death for one kiss?”

"Its nice to know that the little girl under my medical care since before she was born is so quick to write me off to her father..." Alexander teased as he leaned closer, like a light to an insect as his lips just about touched hers.

However, he caught her off guard and shifted back in a second, placing a kiss on her hand, something he had done once Donder introduced her to him as his 'princess,' he had kissed her hand and bowed to make her giggle, it was a friendly, parental gesture.

Donder watched the entire thing, his eyes narrowing as his frosty eyes seemed to freeze over completely, but Alexander seemed to save his own skin as he let her hand drop. "Nice try," the vampire mused, winking lightly at her.

Katrina found she could scarcely breathed when he was so close to her lips. But she was her father’s daughter and would back away from no challenge. Plus she knew there was no way Alexander would take the plunge but she couldn’t be seems as weak and frightened off. It must have been the part of her blood that held some semblance of wolf in it.

However, when he kissed her hand, Katrina left a strong and strange sense of disappointment. She watched him kiss the back of her hand with those big bright eyes of hers and then he winked at her.

“I would never try that.” Katrina said when she started breathing again. Her bright red lips moved to his ear. “I’m far too fond of you for that.” Her plump lips pressed to the side of his cheek, lingering a moment longer than they should have before they moved back to his ear to whisper one last time. “And I’m not so little anymore.” Her eyes on her father who looked like he might pounce her at any moment but before he could, Katrina pounced off her own seat and went to console her father and convince him how she and Alexander were just ‘talking.’

Chuckling lightly as she kissed his cheek, he allowed this gesture before slowly raising a brow and glancing at her from her whisperings. Not uttering a word, Alexander leaned back and watched her scamper off to her protective father, his icy gaze lifting from Alexander down to Katrina until she was in front of him.

Letting out another low chuckle, he left the party back to his townhouse where he spent the rest of his evening, lighting a pipe and reading as he frowned to himself. "Mh...Maybe I am a bit boring..." He muttered looking around his room, it was odd to see a man that looked barely in his thirties do...Everything he did but he chalked it up to favoring a specific age.

Donder however wasn't having any of it as he crossed his arms. "It looked like he was flirting with you." He growled though if only he heard the conversation.

“Dad! Come on! This Alexander. Doctor. Alexander. He would never do such a thing. I would never do such a thing. Can you imagine how weird it would be?” She laughed off her father’s concern. “Mom are you hearing dad?”

Alyssa had been listening with half an ear as she talked to her friend Nina. “Hmm what?” Alyssa turned before with a flick of her wrist she admonished her husband. “Donder you’re being paranoid. She just got back and you’re going to start wrapping her up in cotton wool. It’s only Alexander. He’s more ancient than you are. There’s nothing in Katrina that would appeal to such a man.”

Katrina tried not to frown at her mother’s comment but she couldn’t help but feel the woman was right. All that night Katrina had tossed and turned. Barely getting a wink of sleep. She had lounged around her parents house like a sloth for most of the day until it was almost seven and the sky began to turn a hazy pink.

Taking a quick shower, she got in her fancy car and drive to Alexander’s office which was about to close. Lying to his receptionist that he was expecting her.

Donder simply snorted to the both of them and dropped the subject...Vocally at least...But the wolf was still not convinced. "...I suppose Alexander is picky...But he's still a man and a hound. I know that better than anyone." He growled lowly at Katrina as his eyes narrowed, "either way I'm not letting him get up close and personal."

--

Putting all of his things together, he let out a low growl when his speaker on his desk rang and his receptionist's voice came through.

"Doctor Raefield, a Miss Locke is here to see you. She apologizes for her late appointment but I can't seem to find her check in information for today." Rolling his eyes, Alexander immediately knew she just waltzed into his hospital and lied, she was indeed her mother's child.

"Send Miss Locke in." Alexander said dully as he sat back at his desk, lacing his fingers together and cocked an irate brow. "Well..." Alexander mused giving her an once over, "you don't seem to be dying."

"You're so astute Doc." Katrina grinned plopping down on the seat in front of his desk, lacing her fingers over her mid rift. "Is that how you go your phd by stating the obvious?" She teased. She didn't know why exactly she was here but knew it had something to do with yesterday . . . Something had changed. And she couldn't quite put her finger on it. She swivelled on the chair, looking around the room. The room had barely changed since her childhood much like the man that occupied it.

"So you know I'm getting pretty bored at home." She began picking up the stethoscope on his desk and placing it in her ears, pressing the cool end to her ear where she couldn't hear her pulse loud enough before moving it to her heart. "I was thinking if I could like do a bit of work experience or interning around here for a week or two to maybe give me an idea about which direction I want to go with my education and career?" Katrina looked across at Alexander. "What do you think?"

Alexander simply rolled his eyes and went back to filing his documents away as she messed around with his things. Giving her a sideways glance as she swiveled in the chair and messed with his stethoscope, the man let out a low sigh and slowly got up clasping his hands behind his back.

Walking around his wooden desk casually before putting a hand on the back of her seat, stopping her as his other hand swiped his stethoscope cleanly from her paws. "You enjoy bothering me, don't you?" He mused dully as he set his tool on a shelf away from her as if she was a small child.

Snorting a low chuckle he paused and turned to her, leaning against his desk as his hands clasped its edges.

"You? Interning in medical work? Katrina, don't make me laugh. Since when have you ever shown interest in my work?"

“It’s hardly your work I’m interested in.” Katrina replied with a pout as he took her toy away. “It’s just an option for me to look at to see if it’s right for me. Specially since I spent most of my money traveling and stuff.”

Crossing one leg over the other She gazed up at him as she casually lounged in his office. “Anyway, I’d be great to have around. I’d take away the dull and dreariness of this place. Pull that reception of yours seem like a real ‘hoot!’ Come on.” Katrina smiled coyly. “It’ll be funnnnnn and maybe you could teach me a thing or two.”

Cocking a brow as she pouted and teased him, chuckling he leaned down musing at the young woman in front of him. "You're quite the whiner aren't you...Well...I'll see what I can do...Its not exactly my hospital you know, Curtis is the chairman." Alexander said with slight venom in his voice, he enjoyed his colleague but saw him as an obstacle in his work.

"Though I'm sure he'll say yes of coarse...We could start you off as a receptionist since you have no medical training or schooling to help out the nurses and such. What exactly do you want from me, Miss Locke?" He purred lightly at her, using that predatory voice once more as his eyes flickered red.

Inside his head he was kicking himself, the fact from the imprinting, he couldn't help himself and his predatory nature was starting to perk up.

Katrina wasn't exactly thrilled about the position he was offering. A receptionist? She might blow her brains out from the boredom. But then she supposed beggars couldn't exactly be choosers. Plus, she didn't want to be stuck at home all day when her old parents had better social lives than her. All her friends were all around the globe. She didn't have many friends back home. Although she was well liked in the supernatural community, in the human world . . . she'd never been exactly what one might call popular. From hindsight, Katrina supposed the other kids in school always sensed something abnormal about her. Something they couldn't quite put their fingers on but something they just knew wasn't quite right. Of course, there was also that incident at the start of middle school where she got into a fight and tore into some girl's arm and . . . Well, suffice to say one can imagine what a pubescent teen vampire did with her sharp canines.

Katrina's gaze flicked up to Alexander as he purred down to her from his position in front of her. She was acutely aware of his tone but what he could not hide was the scarlet of his iris. And she had the feeling that his last question was more aimed at himself than her. "I wouldn't ask questions you don't really want to know the answers to Doctor." Katrina replied wickedly from her seat. "It'd be best for you to just tell me when to start." She suggested with a small smile.

"You're a brat." Alexander said dully as he poured himself a glass of water, his silver eyes flitting up to her face as he took a sip from his glass. "Very well...I can have you start the earliest of next week where you will undergo the basic training for the job...Nothing should be a problem for your young blood hmmm?" He teased in a spiteful manner setting his glass down and crossing his arms.

"I'm assuming you're going to start off part time, since I'm literally only putting a word in for you, I can't technically hire you...Curtis has lower management to do that for you though he and I swing votes on who gets the jobs around here. If you do a poor job, don't go crying to Daddy because he has no business helping you in my field and don't come crying to me." The man examined his sleeve in a bored manner, being as cut throat as they come. "Because I won't save you either, in fact I'll drag you down further for trying to back me in a corner, Miss Locke." He purred flashing her his lengthened fangs.

Back
Top Bottom