Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Portal - A Fall From Grace (BurningWillows and Black_Out)

Kyharra didn't wake till morning, and when she did she found the blanket atop her, touching it then looking to Alexander and smiling. He made sure she didn't get cold. That was...sweet of him.

Getting up she folded the blanket and her hammock, got dressed, and snuck out to catch them something to eat. She was hungry. Normally angels ate lightly, but with her divinity and grace dampened she felt more mortal than angel. And that seemed to come with a certain amount of hunger. She returned within an hour with two hares, stripped and cleaned them, then cooked them before softly waking Alexander up.

"Hey. I made breakfast. Come. And...thank you. For the blanket. Kept me warm."

Alexander awoke with a prolonged yawn as he stretched his tautly muscular arms out above himself. Knuckles came down and swept the weariness from his blue eyes before they followed the sound of Kyharra's voice and he smiled towards her. "Oh, your welcome Ky." He said as laid in the hammock and lightly placed his fingers atop of her hand upon his shoulder. "What's for breakfast?" He inquired before he swung his legs out of the hammock and let his feet touch the floor of the cave for some steadiness. "Whatever it is, it smells wonderful."

The long and lean body of Alexander rose up out of the hammock as his gaze slid over the curved figure of his companion. "It feels strange, having these mortal needs, doesn't it?" His glance drew away from her as he tucked his fingers together and lifted his arms up over his head as he bent and stretched his muscle laden chest and torso from side to side. "Like this growling in my stomach from the smell of that food." He looked over towards her as he unwound his arms and as he locked his gaze upon her he felt another sensation of mortal need that warmed his hungry belly.

His gaze filtered away from hers with a measured mix of embarrassment and trepidation as he felt that stirring warmth of arousal firing in between his legs. Beauty was something that he had always admired, from the smallest petal upon a flower, to the majesty of a cascading waterfall, or the very surrounds of the land. But this was different, this was a feeling of lust and as he recognized it as such he turned and made his way over towards the pair of skewered rabbits roasting upon the fire with a slight shake of his head as he settled himself into a cross legged posture.

Kyharra did her best not to show she was gazing at him. Watching him. Watching his muscles tense, stretch, and ripple. He was a great sight to behold. Beauty in its finest. But she had to look away. There was a mission to do. And they were angels. These impulses, these needs...they were for the mortal. Not the divine. And the longer her grace stayed away the heavier these urges became.

But Ky wanted to resist. She feared these needs. Because she didn’t understand them. Not fully.

“Rabbit,” she replied, sitting by the fire and stealing glances of him, “freshly caught.”

She too was keeping her eyes adverted and focused on slicing and serving up their meal. She had to keep focus. Even if he was making her stomach churn with an odd fluttering feeling, “So we continue to head South today?”

Alexander watched her as she went about the routine of cutting up the roasted meat and found his sky blue eyes admiring the womanly curves of her body once again. His gaze briefly drawn inward by the allure of her breasts and only brought out of their depths as a wide leaf filled with roasted rabbit was offered to him by Kyharra's hand. "Uhm, Thanks." He smiled up towards her.

"Yes, I guess we head South." He looked away from her, once more attempting to focus his mind on the business at hand and leave those thoughts of what it would of been like to have shared each other's warmth and comfort through the chilled night. His mind wandered back to the thought's of the All Father's task, of finding their Mother and discovering this thing called the Portal. As he chewed on the tender gamely meat of the tastefully charred rabbit his eyes sparkled with a thought as he swallowed down a bite and looked towards his companion seated nearby.

"This might sound a little crazy, maybe even silly, but.." His lips twitched as he ran the edge of his upper teeth along the top of his glistening bottom lip. "What if we tried to capture one of Pazilnar's cohorts?" His fingers played around with the next strip of tender rabbit laid upon the large green leaf in his lap as he continued. "We know very little about what is going on here exactly, but something tells me that Pazilnar knows a lot more then we do, and that even his guardian fallen angels could possibly be forced to answer our questions if one of us sacrificed the strength to compel them with our divine gifts?"

Kyharra chewed on a piece of rabbit and thought it over carefully, “We could. I mean we should. But we’d have to be careful. We don’t want to get ambushed. Do you think it’s safer to find our goddess first before we make any move against Pazlinar? He already clearly wants us dead.”

She continued to eat, stealing glances at him as often as she could. Was he always this good looking?

Alexander tapped his chin in consideration as he let his piercing blue gaze settle on the twisting flames within the small fire that they were huddled about. "Well, we could return to our home, that might very well be the first place that our enemy might seek to investigate." He paused looking over to her and nodding slightly. "It could be foolish on our part though, considering he knows we bested his earlier attempt, we might encounter far more dangerous odds."

Alexander chewed on the tender roasted rabbit. "Maybe we should just keep our path to the dwarves, and if the opportunity presents itself in the future, then we look to take a captive from Pazilnar's ranks." For some reason he let his gaze linger on hers for a moment, then dipped his head abruptly back towards the fire. "What do you think?"

She was glad his gaze dipped the moment it had, as she felt her cheeks warm involuntarily and she realized she was blushing from his intense gaze. Breathing calmly, she got a hold of herself quickly before responding, “I think it be in our best interests if we continue to the dwarves and then to our Mother, as the All Father asked of us. But if Pazilnar makes another move, which we both know is likely, we can try keeping one captive to learn what we can. Our Mother might have answers too Alexander. Perhaps she can explain where our divinity went. Why I can’t feel her presence as strongly as I once could.”

She shivered, rubbing her arms. Ky didn’t like that she couldn’t feel her goddess, or that her power had drained so significantly. Something was truly wrong.

Alexander nodded in agreement as he flicked the remnants of the roasted rabbit into the small fire before them. "I assume our Mother will have answers for us, I just have no idea where to start looking for her." He sighed in resignation to that fact. His fingers twined together as he rested his elbows upon his crossed legs and he turned his clear blue eyes back over to Kyharra. Was she always this attractive, why had he not noticed the allure of her body before his mind wandered over those thoughts as he felt his bottom lip gingerly tuck under his upper teeth.

Maybe he should compliment her, would that be wrong of him to do? The mortal sensations of the flesh were something he had not experienced for ages, long before he rose into divinity when he was a simple and humble knight in the ranks of the All Father's temple. That was so long ago, and even then he had sworn a vow to remain chaste and pure and to not succumb to temptation.

Those were different times then, and since his acceptance into the heavenly host of angels that served under the Lady of the Veil, the one they called Mother, he had found her teachings and ethics to be vastly different. For one, she embraced the unity of love and believed it was essential for a man or woman to survive the rigors of life. Together, with a strong and loyal companion that shared devotion only made life more prosperous, and the act of love was an accepted and even encouraged principle of the tenants of her faith.

So he swallowed back a slight lump of uncertain nervousness as he let his gaze linger on her own for a moment. "I don't know, if I've told you this before, Kyharra, but you are, well, very beautiful."

He dusted his hands across the soft fabric of the gown draped over his knees then as he rose to his feet. "We should gather out things and get ready to move on." He looked towards her again, offering his hand to help her up to her feet.

Kyharra was thinking much along the same lines, but she didn’t have the nerve to look at him, nor to compliment his handsome features. So he surprised her when he called to her and did indeed compliment her beauty. Her cheeks turned rosy and she smiled, unable to hold his gaze.

“Well, thank you Alexander,” she replied quickly, taking his offered hand and he could feel her heart beat as his fingers pressed alon her wrist, having sped up a little as she gained the nerve to compliment him back, “You are almost too handsome yourself.”

Her blushed deepened and she quickly turned to douse the fire and hide her skipping heart. Had she really said that out loud? To him? Am I mad? We are angels. These mortal needs are temporary. Perhaps he thinks I’ve succumbed to them.

Not that she hadn’t. Her dreams had been lust fueled, and rather steamy, despite her never laying with another man in her long life. But she had see what love did to mortals, watched under the careful eye of their goddess. So she knew what it looked like. And in her dreams she had watched it over and over, but this time with Alexander and herself as the mortals that copulated.

She rid herself of the dirty thoughts and focused on cleaning before he noticed her face get any redder, making her freckles stand out.

Alexander went about gathering up his own belongings, rolling up his hammock and stuffing that into his travel sack. Once his supplies had been carefully stowed away he began to the process of donning his armor. It was a time consuming affair, properly fastening all the straps and buckles of his gleaming plated armor. His eyes glanced over to Kyharra as he finished setting the last series of interlocking enchanted plates into place and seeing her ready to travel he stepped outside into the cool brisk morning air.

He took a deep breath, savoring the suns rays and the warmth they provided as he found the lingering wounds from their battle high up in the mountains to slowly begin to heal. Such was his divine gift, with just the faintest grace of the suns light his body would begin to regenerate any wound, purge any disease or malady from his body.

"I was thinking Ky, should we come up with a story for ourselves, in the event we cross paths with strangers?" He offered his hand as they stepped down some broken and scattered rocks that led towards the rivers edge and a walk-able path weaving along the banks of the rushing waters. "Married travelers, or something, just so we do not suddenly find ourselves giving conflicting answers?"

Last edited:
Kyharra followed suit, doning her tight yet flexible armor on, taking her time to make sure it fit snug, then cleaning her hammock, quiver, bow, and pouch all up and into place on her back. Seeing him stepping out into the sun she made sure the fire was properly out and joined him in the morning light.

"Feels good to feel the warmth," she commented, smiling lightly upon his gaze, then turning as her blush returned and they started down. She did indeed need his hand to traverse the rough rocks, listening to him as she went.

"That is wise, so we don't get ourselves into any hold ups. Married travelers sound simple enough. We keep the details simple. Married for two years. No children. Enjoy travelling. Is that fair Alexander?"

She slipped on a rock and squeezed his hand, her soft palm tugging his rougher one as she tripped almost into his arms, righting herself at the last second. She brushed her hair back, still loose and flowing around her face, then smiled.

"Good thing your hand was there."

Alexander was all to glad to be able to assist her down those broken and uneven rocks. The feeling of her hand clenching his, although brief, was a pleasant sensation and one that dangled in his thoughts as the pair of angels in mortal guise worked there way through the ravine as they followed the swiftly flowing white rapids of the river between the mountains.

There was a brief skirmish with a small band of a half dozen goblins. Foul and nasty green critters that were covered in mud and filth. They bore primitive weapons and came out of the smallest of nooks and crags between the piles of rocks that were all to abundant. Against this duo of heavenly talent though they found themselves quickly scurrying after Alexander had driven a spear through the first of two that were brazen enough to attack. They were cowardly creature's that preferred the night, but down here in the depths of the ravine the shadows granted them some sanctuary from the light of the sun they found so disgusting.

A few hours later after the grueling day's travel Alexander noticed a larger opening within some of the rocks and turned to Kyharra. "We should make camp here, I think." His hand gestured towards the darkness of the cave. The travel had been long and tedious, with plenty of moments where the pair had to help each other across the rough and dangerous terrain and Alexander felt the burden of it all in his legs. Night would be here in a few hours, and instead of risking staying out in the open, it seemed prudent to him at least to take some refuge.

The goblins might be back again, and in greater numbers when the sun was gone, and even though their weapons could barely scratch his armor if they were even lucky enough to land a strike, they could still prove troublesome.

The day was long. But they made good travel. Their only hiccup had been some meddling goblins Kyharra found rather ugly looking, and none quite stood a chance against Alexander’s spear or her arrows. They fled as quickly as they had circled, after Alexander had taken two of their kin and Ky had shot one who got too close to her heels.

As night came close Alexander offered refuge within a cave and Ky nodded, looking in.

“Wise decision. Should we set up wards to alert us of those goblins? They will likely try to retaliate after this afternoon. I can while you fetch wood. I know we are both tired.”

She was rather worn. But she didn’t want to leave them unwarded and unprotected, especially from attack.

"I'm not sure if it's necessary, but if you feel inclined and don't mind sparing the energy, I suppose it couldn't hurt." Alexander spoke as he went about setting his equipment into place for the night. "Goblins aren't the most fierce of cretins, but, well they do come in large groups sometimes." He shrugged his thick shoulders and offered her a smile as he chose to bring his long spear and shield along on the errand. "I should be able to find some kindling and dry wood around here, I'll be back soon Ky." He departed then, wearing a simple light blue tunic and soft tan trousers that settled about the dark leather sandals upon his feet.

A short time later he returned arms full of twigs and dried branches, while the sun was still working it's way down, though the ravine had already fallen into the darkness of shadows. "This should do." He glanced over to her as he bent down and deposited the bundle of wood into a pile. "I saw a few fish while I was out by the river. Maybe in the morning I'll see if I can snare a few for our breakfast, return the favor?" He stretched his arms behind his back, letting his physique twist before finding a seat near Kyharra's side. His eye's wandered over her briefly before he gathered up a water skin and took a sip, then offered it to her. "Thirsty?"

She smiled, watching him leave. He truly was a sight to behold. Sighing, she shook the naughty thoughts from her mind and focused on setting their hammocks and camp up, placing the wards to warn them of any close presences. As she was changing, one ward went off and she looked up to see him.

"Thought you were a goblin," she teased, helping him set up the fire and glance at the ravine, "That sounds perfect Alexander, I would much appreciate fresh fish to wake up to."

She sat back with him, and took his offered water skin, "Thanks."

With a sip she handed it back, "I am not yet tired. What shall we do now?"

Alexander laid his head back against the wall, crossing one of his arms up and behind his head so his hand could pillow behind his skull as he took the water skin back from Kyharaa. His eyes drifted along her face, watching her lips move as she spoke with him before returning to gaze into the serene depths of her eyes. "Well, I'm not very tired either.." He cleared his throat as he took the water skin back from her and turned it about in his grasp as if contemplating his words for a moment.

"Uh, so, well, I figure if we are going to, you know, play the part of a married couple traveling the wilds together, that uhm, well, maybe we should.." There was a hue of blush rising up across his stubble worn face as he stole an uneasy glance towards her. "..Well, maybe we should practice a simple kiss, so we don't...look to awkward, if well, never mind.." His gaze dipped away from her eyes and back down to the water skin which he set on the floor.

Kyharra started ahead at the fire, growing silent as he stumbled out the words. She took his awkwardness as a sign of probable discomfort. Perhaps he does not gaze at me like I gaze at him. Our mortal growing needs could be different...or he does not find me visually pleasing. Why does this bother me though? These needs are temporary until our grace returns.

She had always admired him though. As a fellow warrior, and as a skilled swordsmen within the ranks. It had never thought her admiration for his skill and form was anything more than platonic. Now she questioned that.

“Perhaps we should,” she replied, making her mind up. If she kissed him, perhaps this flutterin feeling would abandon her stomach and she wouldn’t feel her cheeks heat whenever he looked at her.

She turned, still cross legged, and leaned on her knees closer to him, “to make sure our cover is believable of course.”

Alexander took a deep breath as he felt his heart skip a beat when she agreed to the suggestion that he found himself surprised to have even made. He felt an emergence of warmth in his belly that swept downward and sent a tingle of excitement through his body. Swallowing back his nervousness he leaned hesitantly forward, the soft caress of his hand landing flush upon her firm thigh as his eyes were drawn towards hers.

Gently he laid his lips against her own, they felt smooth and silky and full of pleasing sensations as his fell upon hers. Lightly his lips parted, faintly breathing into her mouth as he angled his head and found his eyes slipping closed. His mouth worked in a delicate and sweetly caring manner, brushing against hers as if tasting a sweet treat that one wanted to savor the flavor of.

His breathing was both shallow and deep as his grasping hand shifted and laid across one of her own hands, twining fingers instinctively within her own.

Kyharra was caught in his gaze and her heart stammered for a moment, caught off guard by those handsome eyes. She was instantly aware of his hand on her thighashe leaned in, the fluttering nervous feeling in her gut doubling as she tried to remain steadfast to her decision. He leaned further, his breath tickling her cheeks, further still, now tickling her lips. Then ever so lightly his touched hers, gentle and barely before pushing in, pressing his soft warm mouth to hers, her pink full lips like silk on his. Her lips parted in surprise, feeling an undeniable spark jump across her skin. Her breath grew shallow but hot, tickling his mouth as she breathed him in. Without thinking she instinctively let her eyes close, tilting her head to deepen the kiss as he did, holding back the satisfied sigh in the back of her throat. He was a fine kisser. A good kisser.

Her lips pressed in, holding the kiss longer as his fingers found hers and intertwined with them. She was surprised by the touch, how much she liked it and hadn’t realized she wanted it. She had thought the kiss would dispel her growing mortal needs but it instead doubled their demands, making her crave him more. An image of stripping him right here crossed her beautiful mind but she pushed it away, already flustered by how good the kiss felt. And she hadn’t let go. She wanted to kiss him again, but didn’t know if she should. Or could.

Alexander found the sensation to be an overwhelming one as their lips joined in what started out as an innocent enough gesture that slowly became a passionate moment. His fingers tightened, rubbing against hers as he felt along her hand with the pad of his thumb that gently stroked across her own. His heavy shallow breath held in his chest as his eyes remained shut and the kiss lasted longer then he had intended or expected it too.

He drew his face away slightly, blinking once as his blue eyes settled upon Kyharra's and he felt his hand relaxing in her grasp. "That..wasn't bad, was it?" He murmured as he briefly passed the tip of his tongue across his lips that hovered a foot from her own now. His body felt a wash with a tingling sensation and he tried to swallow down that feeling of arousal, of attraction to his traveling companion.

But for some reason, in the back of his mind he found himself wanting to kiss her again, to press her shoulders back into the wall of the cave and kiss her deeply and passionately.

Kyharra’s breath hitched as he pulled back, her eyes fluttering open in slight shock. They had just kissed. And it hasn’t made her needs lessen any. In fact she felt that churning in her stomach grow, and a spot between her legs began to heat under his gaze. Her cheeks were warm and pink as she caught her breath and watched him lick those lips. How nice would it be to lick them for him?

With a staggered voice she replied, “Not at all. Alexander...”

What was she going to say? Kiss me again? Touch me?

Alexander blinked slowly, realizing that his hand was still settled in the warmth of her own and he briefly flashed his blue eyes down to their joined hands before looking back over to Ky. There was a flush of subtle warm hues that has risen up along her cheeks and her eyes, he felt like he could get lost in her gaze at that moment. He absently let the pad of the top of his thumb brush over her hand as he inhaled a deep calming breath before he spoke softly.

"That felt, strangely wonderful, I hope you don't mind me saying." His gaze fell from hers as soon as the words were spoken and he looked down to his hand that was delicately intermingled with hers. "It was like you were the only thing I could feel at that moment." His fingers began to drift away from hers with a measure of reluctance. "That was, intense." He stole a quick glance back up to her and found his gaze drawn into her eyes and locked there for a moment before he turned his head over and looked to the fire as he tried to sort out his thoughts.

Ky followed his gaze down to their linked hands then back up, both of them processing at the same time. But the words she was trying to find he spoke first, as if reading her mind. Intense. That was the perfect word for it.

His thumb was still rubbing her hand until he seemingly realized and started to draw his fingers away. Suddenly Kyharra had a spurt of spontaneous courage and she reached forward, grabbing his hand back and leaning in heavily close, at an angle that when he looked towards her face he would have a perfect view of her plump cleavage.

“You were the only thing I felt too and wouldn’t mind feeling again,” she blurted out then her eyes widened a bit at the omission. These needs...these emotions. They were taking control. What did I just say?!

“If...you...want to...” she stumbled out, trying to do damage control, “I mean, it was a little intense...maybe I just need...to cool down...”

The words barely escaped Kyharra's lips before Alexander leaned forward and locked his mouth back against hers with a hunger that was missing from the soft and tender embrace of their first practiced kiss. His fingers twined around her hand, firmly anchoring in her grasp as he brushed his lips deeply against hers. His other hand drew forward, wrapping around the slender waistline, palm falling flush across the small dip upon her back as he shifted himself towards her.

The heated moment was suddenly broken as the wards protecting the cave sounded their alarm as a growling visage of large and furry wolves head burst into the opening of the cave and snapped viciously at the air. Upon the back of the dire wolf was a thin and wiry goblin, shouting at the beast as he tried to keep control of the steed. More of the goblins swarmed into the cave, catching the pair of angels by surprise as several of them began to snatch up belongings that lay about the cave.

Alexander was completely shocked by the sudden ambush as he watched one of the goblins take hold of the dancing and singing blade called Jasmine and turned, fleeing with it. Others sought to steal whatever they could get their hands on as Alexander pushed Kyharra back with his forearm and put himself between her and the snapping jaws of the massive wolf. His hand quickly found his spear and with an upward thrust he drove it up and into the underside of the wolves mouth, pinning it's snapping jaws together.

He turned to look to Kyharra before he yanked his spear loose from the mouth of the wolf and set himself to dealing with the rest of the intruders.

Kyharra kissed him back with heated earnest. She hadn’t expected that response. But she welcomed it greatly. His hand tightened around hers, her body leaning back instinctively as he pushed closer in, grasping around her back to pull them together. Her lips were hungry now upon his, hot and passionate, yet never losing their softness.

Had they been left to themselves she didn’t know what might have transpired. Ky certainly couldn’t deny she craved his body as she craved his lips. But she would never be sure of what could have been, as the wards went off and broken their heated kissing. She turned her head as much as she could to look, then shuffled behind Alexander quickly at the sight of the dire wolves, her bow laying with her hammock...across the cave. He was her only protection unless she could get to it.

“Hey!” She yelled at one goblin trying to get into her stuff and as the dire wolf lunged and Alexander protected her, she saw her chance to dodge and roll towards the little beast, punting him with a firm kick out of the cave and into the darkness, before grabbing her bow and quiver.

“Alexander, are you okay?” She asked, turning back around to look at him as the wolf writhed in pain and the goblins swarmed him. She took down one with a well aimed shot in the eye, another in the back of the head. “I told you those wards would help- AHHH!”

A black arrow embedded itself in her left shoulder holding the bow, the pain more than she ever felt with her grace intact. She hissed through gritted teeth as she broke the tail end off, leaving it embedded for now so she wouldn’t bleed out, but her arm was weakened. Her next three shots just hit their marks but we’re off by inches. And when she saw the goblin archer and tried to shoot she missed him entirely, her arm unsteady with the arrowhead tearing into her muscles.

“Alexander!” She yelled as seven goblins turned towards the easier prey and she tripped back, firing shots as fast as her good arm could pull but only hitting two of her marks. Damn it that bastard goblin!

She kicked one in the face and watched him fall back hard, then kneed another as they reached her legs and started pawing at her. “Get off! Get off!”

Back
Top Bottom