Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Portal - A Fall From Grace (BurningWillows and Black_Out)

Arrows came flying in past Alexander, who fortunately found himself shielded from their path by the bulk of the dire wolf he initially found himself confronting. Blood spilled out of the open fang encrusted mouth as the foul goblin steed let out a pained howl as Alexander drew his spear back and thrust it forward into the exposed chest of the beast. Several goblins fell in quick succession as arrows from Ky found their mark leaving several of the small vile cretins dead around his feet.

He heard the scream from his companion as an arrow found its way through the melee and sunk into her shoulder, though he didn't have the time to look. Almost immediately Alexander could sense that she was in a good deal of pain as a few of her normally deadly accurate shots missed their mark. His grasp shifted around the spear, twirling it around and bringing the blunt end of the weapon down across a goblins skull, sending another of the invaders to their death. The swing led him be spun back around in time to see a handful of goblins scratching and clawing at Kyharra as she called for aid.

If only he had the dancing blade Jasmine, he could certainly of used her help at the moment, but she was long gone, stolen away by a goblin thief and carried off into the dark of night. "Hang on!" He yelled out as leaned down and grabbed up his short blade, wielding it in his off hand for the moment as he turned and spotted the archer beyond the cave. With a quick popping step of his feet Alexander let the spear fly towards the goblin archer and before it even struck the creature down he was turning to move to assist Ky.

Alexander swept forward, switching the short sword over to his right hand as he scooped up a very primitive club from the ground that belonged to one of the fallen goblins. He came in like a swirling dervish of destruction, first bringing the wide short blade straight through one of the goblins scrawny necks and sent the head flying from it's shoulders. The club followed as his body pivoted and lashed out with a bone crunching impact across the top of another goblins shoulder, causing it to cave in under the strength of the heavenly warrior. The hilt of the blade flipped around in Alexanders nimble fingers and with a backwards grasp over the weapon he drove and twisted his arm forward, stabbing a third cleanly through the back.

His gaze was fierce as he turned to face down the last of the remaining goblins and he screamed at the terrified creature which turned and fled, stumbling out of the cave with the few others that remained. As the sounds of their retreat echoed into the cave Alexander immediately turned to Kyharra and his expression swiftly softened to one of concern. "How bad is it, Ky?" He asked as he looked to the wound while he moved his broad shoulders and chest to cover her from any other assaults that might come, though none did. A line of scratches suffered during the scuffle with the wolf were bright upon his upper left arm, but they seemed to shallow wounds that he paid no attention too.

Ky got one last kick in before Alexander appeared, in all his glory, bashing and slicing goblins left and right to protect her. She continued to scramble back, holding her bleeding shoulder as the goblins finally faced defeat and retreated. She let out a hiss, the pain getting to her as his focus turned to her.

“Not too bad,” she lied, “I’m sure it’ll heal with time.”

She didn’t want to tell him that she could feel the arrowhead digging into her muscles, cutting off her fine motor skills. She’d be useless as a fighter until they healed.

“Your sword...Jasmine. They took it,” she pointed out, gazing into his eyes, “we need to get it back don’t we. Help me patch up my shoulder and I’ll help you hunt it down. I can help.”

She hissed again as she pulled out the arrow head and blood started to pour more freely. It was deeper than she thought. Her eyes watered from the pain but his gaze kept her from crying.

“Alexander. I’m sorry. If I hadn’t asked for that second kiss we wouldn’t have been ambushed blindly.”

The hand of Alexander fell softly on the wrist of Kyharra as he took a deep breath while the sounds of the goblins retreating echoed into the cave. "Jasmine was never mine, it's a sentient thing, I would never claim to own her." He spoke softly as he led her hand by the wrist to touch upon his bare shoulder. "I'm sure she'll be fine, she's an adventurous sort of thing." He left her hand on his shoulder as he reached his hand forward and settled it over the gaping wound left by the arrow.

"We won't hunt her down, one less woman in my life isn't necessarily a bad thing." His lips offered a light smile as he pressed his palm down over the bleeding arrow wound. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you better, Ky." He murmured as he lowered his forehead to rest across her own. "Let me take the pain away, give it to me, I'll heal quicker then you when the sun is upon my body." His blue eyes shifted, focusing on her own gaze that was mere inches away.

"And never, apologize, for kissing me." His lips settled lightly on her cheek. "Now, do it, let me bare the wound for you."

She nodded, understanding. But if he wanted to chase after Jasmine, she would help. She felt partially responsible for losing the sentient sword in the first place.

His comment about women made her smile, as if she'd be jealous of a sword. Was she the jealous type? With these mortal cravings came mortal emotions...perhaps she might be.

"Don't apologize, we were both caught off guard," she replied, touching his hand on her bleeding wound, their foreheads resting together as her eyes closed, "Are you sure? I don't want you to suffer Alexander. The wound is deep. To be entirely honest, I think it severed some tendons."

Her eyes opened again, gazing into his, looking to find he was serious. He would bare the brunt of the pain. So that she would be healed. Sun healed him faster, certainly, dusk had just passed, and they were many hours from dawn. She was going to argue to wait it out through the night, but his next comment caught her off guard, and as his lips touched her cheek she felt herself blush. She would rather kiss him again, then give him pain. She was still wondering, if the goblins hadn't come, where their second kiss would have led to. Now she was debating finding out, or keeping alert case they returned. But she doubted they would. They had scared them off, and killed most of their party. Goblins weren't the smartest bunch, but they knew when their numbers were too low.

"I'll do it, but I need a physical connection," she stated, her forehead still to his. He already knew that, she had to be touching them in order for it to work, which was why his hand was on her wound, but she meant something else this time, "The wound is deep, so the connection needs to be deeper Alexander...kiss me. Kiss the pain away."

It was an excuse to kiss him. He likely knew she didnt' need his lips on hers to transfer the wound. But she wanted the excuse. Because she wanted to taste him again.

Tenderly Alexander kept his palm across the wounded shoulder of Kyharra while their foreheads lightly touched. So close where the two angels that the rounded nub of Alexanders nose brushed faintly across Ky's, leaving their lips mere moments from meeting. His blue calming eyes still found hers, the pain she was holding back was evident in them. But there was more then pain hinted at in her compassionate gaze, there was the hint of desire, a want for another feeling to subsume the ache of her wound away.

"You know that's not necessary, Ky..." Alexander murmured into her lips with a warm wash of breath while his thumb delicately strolled across the soft flesh of her wounded shoulder. His breathing had turned calm, settling down into a light rhythm now that the threat of the goblins had passed with their flight from the cave. Absently he found his left arm slipping down, turning about behind her waist and settling across the plush curvature of Kyharra's rear. "..But."

The word wasn't a reference to the place where he found his hand softly stroking now, but an answer to her request as the swell of his bottom lip moved up with the slightest turn of his head and brushed across her soft moist upper lip. He drew himself closer, feet shifting so that their chests touched in the faintest amounts while the fingers of his hand spread out across the yielding flesh of Kyharra's rear and drew her towards him.

A wisp of want, of desire unfelt before by the angelic warrior fell out of his parted smooth lips as he angled his head against hers. His eyes slowly closing as he slid his parted mouth lightly along hers, savoring the intimacy of the moment. Blue orbs rose back into view as his hand slid from behind where it rested across her ass and found a new place to anchor at the curve of the opposite side of her hips. The kiss deepened, exploring new found feelings that were unrecognized in the brief moments of their first innocent embrace.

The smooth satin like tip of his tongue pressed up against the moist fullness of her upper lip as he let his hand slide away from the puncture wound upon her shoulder. It wrapped down around her back and settled firm just below her shoulder blades as Alexander kept the embrace of his lips patient and attentive to the response of hers. He wanted to experience it fully, slowly, and savor the feeling before the pain of the wound being transferred to him took his breath away for a different reason.

As they kissed, as he pulled her in and cupped her ass she starts to let tendrils of her pain seep into him, pushing her power it and into him. She could transfer pain to and from herself, including injuries. Alexander could heal by sunlight. Sheknew this was the smartest decision but as the pain and wound left her and inflicted him she held on tightwr, feeling bad. He didn’t deserve to hurt. Her lips grew hungrier and more passionate, trying to distract his thoughts from the pain. Her hands roamed up and down his back, feeling he muscles underneath.

“Alexander..you okay?” She whispered, finally breaking their kiss to ask.

Alexander felt himself pushed back a half step by the pressure rising in Kyharra's lips. His arms slid across her back, one down from between her shoulders and the other up from her shapely rear. They joined together, fingers interlacing with one another along the subtle dip of her lower back. His lips were subsumed by the full embrace of her own lush mouth. Head tilting to the side while thumbs smoothly stroked the soft flesh of her back. He couldn't think of anything else at that moment, but then the flare of pain erupted from his shoulder.

With a sudden twist of his head his lips pulled away in unison with her own and a short harsh breathy gasp was exhaled. The deep wound now fully formed within his shoulder was rather severe. Pain laced down his arm and shot out over his chest as he found his jaw to tighten. A pair of fingertips touched his forehead as he unwound one arm from behind her back. The other remained, firmly anchoring to her and aiding him in the sudden shock of the wounds appearance.

After a few controlled breaths and a clenching shut of his empathetic blue eyes Alexander lifted his head up and looked towards her. "I'll be alright." His cheek winced. "I don't need two hands to wield a weapon if needed." He reluctantly broke away from her, moving towards his travel bag and a spool of narrow cloth sheets that he began to bind the wound with. "Once I get a few hours of sun." He smiled over towards her as he tore away the bandage from the spool and finished tucking it securely into place.

Their kiss was growing heated, her arms tightening around his neck as he pulled her in, until the wound dug into his shoulder, erased from her own. She tried to hold on, to help him not sway from the pain, watching him with worried eyes. She pressed a hand now to his wound, trying to staunch the bleeding and aid him, "Perhaps, but not till morning. And while you can, I do hope neither of us has another fight on our hands tonight."

He broke away and she let him, sitting down on a rock and watching him as she bit her lip. That shot could have been worse. Had it hit her heart, would she have died? Angels healed faster than humans, yet these wounds seemed to be slow to even stop bleeding, like they were mortal wounds. If not for their powers, how long would she have suffered?

"You rest then till the sun rises Alexander. I can keep watch," she replied, looking outside, "We will stay the day here so I can rest while you recuperate. Venturing out with a wound will only cripple us further, yes?"

The crimson blood showed through the wrapping of the cloth bandage, though the tightness of it kept the blood from saturating further. His gentle blue eyes looked over his attractive companion and he turned his lips into a modest smile to show his appreciation for her concern. Soft leather sandals carried his weary body over towards where she had settled herself upon a rock and he laid his hand lightly across her bared shoulder. Fingertips gently swirled against the fringes of her long red silky smooth hair as he kept his bandaged wounded shoulder gingerly tucked in place with the arm that extended from it settled across his chiseled and powerful chest. "That sounds like a fine plan." He murmured down towards her.

The warmth of her body felt upon his fingertips, and the stirring of want in his belly and heart made the sensation of the pulsing pain emanating from his shoulder more manageable. "You have very soft lips." He smiled lightly as he leaned down and let his faintly parted mouth touch upon hers. He kept the contact brief, letting it rekindle the memory of the more passionate embrace from just moments ago. "I never could of imagined how amazing that feels." He quietly whispered while his hand traced away from the smooth skin of her shoulder.

He turned away, glancing back to her before he tossed a heavy wool blanket into the air and let it unfurl before falling upon an open patch of softer dirt within the cave. Alexander settled himself down, drawing over a simple traveling pillow and tucked it under his head as he laid on his side, allowing his good shoulder to bear his weight while the wounded one remained off the floor. His eyes regard Kyharra quietly for a moment before his hand patted the open spot next to him and abruptly he found himself asking her a question that had been lingering in his thoughts only recently. "Your welcome to lay with me. I wouldn't mind the company."

Kyharra’s eyes never left him. Mostly in concern for the wound. But as he smiled and touched her shoulder her worries lessened and she reached up to touch his fingers, her head tilting back to catch his soft gaze.

“I do?” She murmured absentmindedly as he leaned down and kissed her soft and briefly. It did feel better than she had ever expected. And parting the kiss left a form of longing in her for more.

She rose as he set a blanket, looking for her own hammock until he patted the empty spot next to him. Pausing, Ky thought it over then grabbed her bag she was using as a pillow and plopped it down, lying next to him. She lay on her side facing him, just silently watching him. After a full minute she spoke in a whisper.

“Do you feel it too? The...mortal needs?”

Alexander shifted slightly over, allowing Kyharra to settle herself down comfortably and claim what portion of the floor she wanted as hers. His quiet blue eyes watched her movements as she sprawled out alongside him and laid her head along the pillow. Her flowing red hair glowed just a tad brighter in the diminished light of the modest camp fire that kept them warm. She seemed more beautiful to his eyes with every passing breath that left his lips.

He nodded slightly in answer to her question and couldn't help but look from her eyes to her moist lips. Thumb rose up and traced gently across her chin before pressing the pad of his thumb gingerly against the bottom of her lips. "I do." He murmured as he let his thumb linger there for a moment.

His breathing was shallow and slow as he felt some sort of need to tamper this growing strange desire in his body. "I'm not sure, what to make of it, but, it" He blinked, cheeks flushing with some moderate pink. "It's rather pleasant. Uh, what do you think of it all?" He smiled as he went to draw his thumb back from her lips and shift his body just a fraction closer to hers as he laid in a mirror of her posture.

She blushed, holding her breath as his thumb pulled gently at her bottom lip. Her eyes were trapped in his gaze.

“It’s hard to say,” she whispered, “part of me wishes to...indulge. But another part wonders if this is only temporary, what will happen when our grace returns. Should I hold on to old ways, or allow myself to experience...new...ones...”

She lost her train of thought, his thumb drawing away and Kyharra found herself unable to look away from him.

Back
Top Bottom