Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Conversation Editing

RoleplayMaster

Supernova
I've noticed that with Conversations (PMs), within a certain timeframe after the message has been sent, you can edit the PM. Could this become a permanent feature, rather than just a timeframe thing?

I like the change to the PM system over the last site, as it feels almost identical to public forum RPs, in the formatting and whatnot. You just have the one conversation, whereas in the old site, you could have hundreds of PMs spread across your inbox. The one upside to the old site though, was if a post was sent and for whatever reason, the post was not acceptable, you could simply go to the last PM sent to you and reply to that, thus basically ignoring the old PM.

If this change was made, it would help RPers as the only difference is with whether they want their work to be seen by others. As it stands, threads have a few bonuses that can't be utilised if the partner wants a PM-only RP.

I'd like to second this, even if it was something you and your partner had to opt into. In the heat of the moment it's easy to miss small spelling/grammar/formatting errors (particularly if you typo a word into another real but semantically nonsensical word). It'd be nice to be able to go back and make small edits to RP posts when you notice them, which could be hours or days later.

Last edited:
I let the site owner know about this suggestion, I'm not sure if it would be a thing. I belive [I could be completely wrong here] that it was set up that way so that if something is sent thats against the rules; someone asking for Loli/Shota or harassing/Insulting a member that they couldn't go back in at a later point to change it and potentially get away with rule breaking behavior. Its risk thats being taken even with the limited time there is for changing a PM but it would be a serious problem if it was set to be able to change/edit it whenever you wanted.

Could a post history not be implemented then? What is the difference between PMs and threads, as threads can be edited full time?

I can't answer this as I don't do any coding, that pretty much falls into Veks area. I am asking him/bringing this up. So either, he'll post in here with an answer or I'll update to share whatever I learn from talking to him about it.

Could a post history not be implemented then? What is the difference between PMs and threads, as threads can be edited full time?

Basically, posts in threads have a history while messages in conversations do not. I need to add a message history.

Yeah. I'm a little hesitant to ask for too much since I know you're pretty much working on this solo and I have no idea how hairy the Xenforo codebase is, but if there were a way to unify threads and private conversations, so that the only difference between them was that private convs have members and are only visible to said members, that would be pretty ideal.

I see PMs/Conversations as like sending an email, no ability to edit after sent, but we do have a short time to edit most recently sent PM/conversation message.

Back
Top Bottom