Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Belgian Police Raid Vatican Abuse Council's Offices

So the Belgian police raided the offices of the Vatican's sex abuse commission and bishops are all up in a tizzy.

My thought is that it wasn't really the Vatican's place to be investigating its own people in what is clearly a criminal matter. That abusing children is a criminal matter is pretty cut and dry to me. I get lost right around the time someone decides it's not a conflict of interest for the Vatican to be investigating child abuse by its employees instead of handing it over to civil authorities. Not only that, but I think it's the same thing as vigilante justice if the Vatican is allowed to investigate claims of abuse in place of legally sanctioned authorities. I can definitely see a place for priests, nuns, associated holy people to help legally sanctioned investigators.

Should the Vatican be allowed to investigate their own people? Were the Belgian police wrong to raid those offices? Does it make any sense that Vatican closed down their sex abuse inquiry over the situation?

The Vatican needs to be taken down and beaten for its criminal behaviour. It is the perpetrator of the largest paedophile cover up in history.

So I believe Belgian was just in their endeavour, even if they did dig up some corpses to see if they were hiding things.

As much as the Vatican claims to be a country, every church they own outside of their little patch of land, should be treated like a business originated from a foreign country because that's what they really are. So in that respect I believe Belgian had every right to search the church. If they had reason to believe the churches were doing something illegal then they have the responsibility to protect the public from them.

Back
Top Bottom