Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue Discord Trouble (resolved)

PsionicCuttlefish

Supernova
So the primary forum software conversions are complete, so I wanted to try and get into it like I used to hang out in the old shoutbox. But I can't seem to get into it at all. I'm sure I meet the criteria, but I can't seem to say anything even in the "lounge" channel for requesting access. It keeps telling me to "claim account" when I put in my BMR name, but when I try to do so, it spits an "email address already registered" error at me, so now I don't know what to do. :(

I had been hoping we'd be returning to a fully-in-the-forum non-third-party shoutbox like we used to have... (but, I'm not actually asking for that. Vekseid has already done so much work, and I can guess that the Discord-integration was super-simple and there's no call to change it since people have been using it already for a while before this software-migration. Asking more of Vekseid on top of everything already would be totally unreasonable. I'd probably be the only one asking for an old-style shoutbox even if I did, I know there's no call or need for it at this point and it's not gonna happen.) Just wistfully longing for the past.

With the implementation of the in-forum chatbox, WAY sooner than anticipated (you are a god, Vekseid), this issue can be officially considered 'resolved' x3

@PsionicCuttlefish did you try leaving the server first? I wonder if something is up with your account. I've never seen'claim account'
*shrug* I dunno. I've gotten "Claim Account" any time I've ever tried to join any Discord server as an unregistered guest via browser anywhere. Usually I don't have to actually do that, I can talk normally in channels even without a claimed account, just couldn't in the BMR one for whatever reason.

But other than that, yeah, issue's moot anyway. I wasn't expecting an in-forum chatbox for a long time, if ever. Such already being implemented--with a planned bridge between the in-forum and Discord in the foreseeable future to boot--means I don't have to bother anymore with Discord to begin with. x3

You cannot be praised enough; you are incomparably amazing for all you have done for this place. :)

@Vekseid I'm getting the same "claim account" issue when I try to connect to Discord through the site or the direct Discord link. I have a Discord account, and was previously connected to the Blue Moon Discord before conversion, but now it doesn't let me connect. When you said "did you try to leave the server first" what did you mean?

Also, my account is associated with Blue Moon in my profile section.

What does it say when it 'doesn't let you connect'?

It tells me my account is unclaimed and leaves me in the lounge. Says I have to claim and verify my account in order to join. If I try to claim it, it tells me my account already exists.

Back
Top Bottom