Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Conversation navigation?

Deante

Star
The old system had everything nice and sortable. Sent messages, inbox, things moved to other folders, even TRACKING to see if the pm had been read.

Does this new system really have none of that? All my PMs seem to just be piled in one place.

Also I can't seem to clear the "Inbox" tab in the upper right corner. I've done everything I can and it's still telling me I have a lot of new things in my inbox.

If you hover over the Inbox tab it should list the messages you missed while we were on MyBB at the top.

Xenforo 2 is slightly better, in that it allows you to filter by any recipient or conversation starter and not just yourself and those messages you've starred.

I am working on adding subject/title and start date filters to add to that as my first Xenforo addon. Hopefully that will be ready not long after we upgrade.

Other things to be doing:
- A filter for all unread conversations, obviously. WTF that isn't in I do not fucking know.

- A flag if you want to be alerted if you didn't reply to a given conversation after a period.

- I also will add either a folders or tags system. I want to do tags but folders are what people are familiar with so I'm guessing I'll do that for BMR. >_>

I already said recipients were part of XF2's default conversation filters.

I do miss the Tracking feature of PMs; I liked knowing whether my message had at least been read/acknowledged by the recipient. *shrugs* I'll get used to the new system.

@Deante - in your Inbox, you'll see a little blue dot next to each conversation that is considered "new"; if you click on this blue dot, you'll mark the conversation as read without actually having to open the conversation to read it. Worked for me, anyway.

I do miss the Tracking feature of PMs; I liked knowing whether my message had at least been read/acknowledged by the recipient. *shrugs* I'll get used to the new system.

@Deante - in your Inbox, you'll see a little blue dot next to each conversation that is considered "new"; if you click on this blue dot, you'll mark the conversation as read without actually having to open the conversation to read it. Worked for me, anyway.
Thanks. I ended up just clicking on all the things in the Inbox tab, which cleared it.

Also I miss the tracking too.

Am working on tracking as well though it will come after the main search/filtering/folders stuff.

Back
Top Bottom