Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blind Forgiveness (Victor Kane x Roses)

Abovetheroses

Planetoid
It wasn't always easy being the daughter of two famous and rich parents. Especially at thirteen. For Margaret Kingston her seemingly perfect life, wasn't always that. Her father was the star linebacker for the top NFL team in the league so he was never home, always flying to some new city to practice, play or sign autographs. And her mother was lawyer to the stars. Top attorney to actors, models and athletes who needed some hot and sleazy lawyer to work the system and get them their money and of course their face all over the papers.

So Maggie was left home with the nanny to entertain herself. Growing up was very very lonely. Making friends never came easy because listening to her parents argue, she learned early on that you could never trust anyone, they'd always yell and scream and throw things at you. So she had no real friends. But of course, everyone at the little private school she attended absolutely adored her. Well, adored her money. Anything that Maggie wanted, Maggie got. She had her own pool, her own horse, her own play ground in her back yard, her own private movie theater and just about every new toy on the market. So how could the other kids at school not want to be her friend? Rather, how could they not want to use her things?

Now in middle school, Maggie hardly ever found herself alone, she had her own little posse of so called friends. But they hardly knew her. No one really knew her. If they did they'd be surprised by how much she hated doing half of the things she did, but peer pressure is such a strange thing.

Maggie stood there in front of a single locker, her long blonde hair hung over her blue eyes as she stared at the folded up piece of paper in her hand. She couldn't believe the words she had scribbled down on it. Part of her had meant them, a secret part that she never told anyone, but that wasn't what the note was about... no, this was a trick. One she knew she would later hate herself for doing.

"Come on Mags, put it in!" Jack was standing behind her, a soccer player, he put his hands on his hips.
"What are you waiting for Maggie?" Julia asked, her dark curls bounced about her face.
"Yeah, come on!" More jabs of protest from the other popular kids.

They stood in front of a few other, all the ones that claimed to be her friends. They convinced her to write the note. A false confession of love. A trick to lure out one of the quietest, sweetest boys she'd ever spoken to. Too bad he never wanted to be her friend. She really did like him and now she was about to do something absolutely terrible to him. But that's what happened when someone weak caved to the pressures of others. It'd be a lesson she would learn the hard way.

Maggie shoved the note in his locker. "Let's go." She said softly, her nose wrinkling a bit as she tucked her long hair back behind her ear.

Now they just had to wait at the playground after school. Things would get so much worse. So much worse when he found out about the papers Maggie found in her mom's brief case. Some PI contacted her and gave her photographs dealing with an illicit extra marital affair and the whole school was about to know. Now Maggie's "friends" convinced her to turn this poor boys world upside down because they didn't like him, even though she did. Her chest ached at the thought. But he never gave her the time of day and all these kids did right? So... this made them happy... why not do it?

Fitting in a private school meant for the rich had never been an easy task for Eric Lockhart. The only reason someone like him attended Marble Hills was because his father was a mathematics teacher there and a teacher’s child had the opportunity to avail a merit-based scholarship. Naturally, Eric excelled in class from the start, partly due to his own abilities and partly due to his father’s strictness. Being a misfit, he could never make friends and was left to himself. His family was average and gave him a decent life, but it was nothing compared to what his classmates had. He could never afford the expensive toys, the lavish trips or even the fancy branded clothes. His house was shabby as compared to theirs and it was embarrassing to have anyone from school over. It didn’t take long for the loneliness at school to turn into a living hell.
The other kids thought less of him and soon used that as an excuse to bully Eric. While he was smart, the torturous life at school with barely anyone to talk to took a toll on him. He turned into someone who barely spoke and after a while he grew weaker, turning into a timid and skinny brunette boy with shy green hues that longed for acceptance. Lately things had been getting worse, not due to the situation at school but due to the change in the behavior of his parents. Eric was thirteen and there were still a lot of things he couldn’t understand or foresee. His parents had started arguing a lot for the past month, his father spending more time out of the house and less time with the family. His behavior had changed towards Eric, the man’s strictness getting more intense. If Eric were a little older he’d realize that his parent’s marriage was on the rocks but for him, home was the only place for comfort and he couldn’t imagine it being wrecked.

===============================================

Monday came with a surprise after recess. Usually Eric spent his Mondays thinking about what would happen after school. Would he get beat up by Jack or hit by him and the other soccer players with the ball for not being able to dodge or pass it back? Would he be extorted for his meager lunch money or would the day end with him getting horrible things written on his locker by someone? However, this Monday something odd happened. A note slipped out onto the floor when he opened his locker. Picking it up and reading through the fancy handwriting writing in glittery ink made his eyes widen in surprise, a strange feeling building up in the pit of his stomach.

“When I think of you, it makes me feel like a thousand butterflies are fluttering inside me, giving me wings to come out of my cocoon. We barely talk, yet every day that goes by, I can’t help but feel this need to tell you how I really feel about you. I want to be the person that can give you the wings to fly out of your darkness, so that we can escape our prisons together.”

Meet me at the playground after school.

Your Secret Admirer

~ M.K

At first, he almost let out a chuckle but held in thinking it would be weird for the silent kid to laugh at something. In his mind it would draw too much attention, so he grinned wide. Eric was confused, not knowing if this was a real confession or a joke, but it was the first time someone had written something nice to him. It warmed his heart and that little feeling of happiness it made him feel was the reason he decided to meet his secret admirer after school. Eric was quick to recognize the handwriting on the note. It belonged to none other than one of the most popular girls in school, Margaret Kingston and the reference from the recent biology class where they learned about butterflies and their metamorphosis was amusing. She was in his study group for the class and he had explained the whole concept of how a caterpillar changed into a butterfly. The note was slightly silly, but it hit home and its job of luring Eric into a trap had been done.
Margaret was a girl Eric was never too fond of. They rarely talked and most of the time Eric envied her for what she had and how popular she was. She was the exact opposite of him and being the prettiest girl in school she had the attention of everyone. He avoided her every time they got close for a chit chat.
The school bell rang and Eric took his time to leave school, making sure to avoid any bullies on his way to the playground. It was strange, as today, none of the mean kids that teased and hurt him came out after school. Something was off, but he still made his way to meet Margaret in his over-sized grey sweatshirt and sky blue denim. As he got closer to the playground, the girl’s blonde locks came into view, a feature of hers that stood out well. His feet carried him closer to her and soon he saw that she wasn’t alone. The innocent and shy look on his face turned into a horrified surprised when he realized that it wasn’t just a few kids with her, in fact it was the whole gang of the popular kids including those that bullied him. It was too late to turn back now, and Eric’s heart raced anticipating what was to come. Little did he know that this time, it was going to be something that would scar him for life.

Maggie stood on the playground toying with the end of a long lock of hair. Deft fingers picked at a small knot as she tried to focus onn something. Anything except what she was going to do. Her small heart was pouding in her chest. Could she really do this to placate the people that clamed to be her friends? What would happen to the boy after all this? He was so sweet, even if it was only because he was forced to interact with her. Why couldn't he be her friend instead of these fools.

"Why are you so nervous Maggie?" Another girl walked up to her, Valerie.

"I've never done this before okay?" Maggie said a bit harshly. "I'm not sure what I'm supossed to say."

The girl chuckled. "You have been the lead in how many school plays and this little gag makes you nervous?"

"I can memorize lines for a school play, this is all off the cuff. I am trying to think of what to say." She turned her back on the girl just as a murmur rippled tough the throng of kids. He was here. For a moment, she swore all the color drained out of her features as her bright blue eyes locked on his. This was it, the moment of truth. She could already see the fear and horror on his face and it was only going to get so much worse. He had no idea. "Oh! Eric! You came, I am ever so glad." She put on her best smile, clasping her hands behind her. It pulled her shoulders back, showing off her impeccable posture but mostly she did it to hide her shaking hands.

From behind him Jack and a few other soccer players stepped closer. "Don't even think about bailing Lockhart." Jack grabbed the bag on his back and wrenched it off forcefully. One of the other kids, shoved Eric forward, mostly into the ground, but forward none the less to bring him closer to Maggie.

"I hope you don't mind. But my friends here just wanted to make sure you didn't leave me all alone after that nice little note I left you." She was too good at this and she hated herself for it. But like Val said, this was just like acting in a play. And Maggie had been so many different characters before, a damsel in distress, a cop, a mobster, a bully. This was just like that.

Maggie tossed her long pale locks over her shoulders and smiled down at him. "You see my friends were getting bored of their old tricks so they wanted something new and fun to do."

A voice from the side yelled out. "He actually thought the note was real!" laughter echoed around them both. If only they knew.

Maggie smoothed out her skirt and started pacing back and forth before the boy as she idly picked at some fuzz on the sleeve of her sweater. She wasn't too sure what to say next, but she had to think of something quick before she ruined this whole thing and everyone got mad at her. "Sorry Eric, but it seems that you were misled because you see we had something else we wanted to talk to you about." She began. Her heart pounded in her rib cage, this was painful. Her parents relationship was aweful, she could only imagine how this would hurt him finding out in front of the whole school. They were far more alike then anyone knew.

"Show him the pictures." Jack gave Eric another shove as he egged Maggie on.

Holding her hand out, Maggie waited for somone to hand her her satchel. She took a deep breath to steady her nerves, no one could see them but she could sure feel them. "Eric, do you know what Miss. Fenwick does in her free time?" She asked as she reached into the bag now hanging from her shoulder. She pulled out a few photographs and studied them before tossing them on the ground before him. "It seems our english teacher likes to do Mr. Lockhart in her free time. Or is it the other way around?"

The pictures that scattered on the ground around him displayed images of his father and their young English teacher in rather compromising situations. Everything from a simple kiss out on a sidewalk to a shot through a window of the couple in a hotel room bed. More whispers moved through the group of kids as they watched him look at the photographs.

"I do hope I am not the first one to tell you all of this." Maggie said as she adjusted the bag on her shoulder. "But you know it's one thing to have a few of the teachers mess around... if there single. Its totally different when one of them is married. Hello Adultry." She grinned. "Well, you can keep those if you'd like. If it were me I'd show my mother. But like I said totally your call." She took a few steps back. "We are all just dying to see what happens tomorrow." She gave him a small wave. "Good luck Eric." With that she turned her back to him and walked away, almost everyone else following her.

Jack gave him one more push to the ground, throwing his back pack at him. "Have fun asking daddy about that Lockhart." He snickered and hurried after the rest of his friends leaving Eric there alone in the playground.

Back
Top Bottom