Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Exalted

Chaos

Supernova
A table top RPG that I am quite fond of despite it's flaws, I am forever searching for a group of level headed people to play it with again, whether in person or over discord and/or roll20.

Who here has played it?
Who here would be interested to talk about it?
Who here would be interested to get together to play it on discord? Maybe.

I would for now just like to find people interested in or familiar with Exalted and other d10 games like WoD, Scion, etc, and discuss Exalted. It's world, it's gameplay, and adventures people had in it.

I never could get myself to care for WoD (outside of Hunter). I do love Exalted though.

I always loved medieval fantasy, but there's something exciting about playing a powerful wizard in modern time. and I really like the idea of magic not getting along with electronic technology.
I think I just really enjoy playing an outsider.

it's a shame OWoD Hunter's leveling system was broken. couldn't reach max level with the rules in the book.

My plan for my game was to keep it as close to the book as possible both system and story, so new people wouldn't be too confused, but after talking to some seasoned players, I decided to do what I always do when I run a game. Forget any premade story and just go with my own. Well to an extent. I decided to keep a lot of the key points since the story really is such a big part of what makes Exalted well, Exalted, but mainly go with what I wanted, since I did already have a few endgame plans of my own.

It's been a long time and my Hunter books are in another state, but I was under the impression that getting the 5-dot rank was up to Storyteller fiat. I think I liked it so much because they were very much the underdogs of the overall setting. You have these effectively cosmic horrors and a few scrappy humans get some small abilities to fight back.

There's a lot to pre-Tolkien fantasy and it gets overlooked. So when people encounter stuff inspired by it the result is to naturally be curious.

I've kind of drifted from it, mostly because I have my own setting that I've been fleshing out instead. Still love it, though.

My issue is I am constantly telling myself I should research things and then never do.

I had started to plan stuff out for my Exalted story, but with my people not communicating, I lost interest in putting in the effort if there was to be no game.

Tolkien did get the ball rolling for a lot of things didn't he? One day I'll read LOTR, until then I do have the films.
I should look into ancient mythology and such though. There is a lot of fascinating stuff out there.

I had actually planned to remove the Scarlett Empress disappearing plot, and definitely not do the yozi thing. Was wanting to make her an eventual sort of ally sort of no longer a mortal enemy kind of character. Among other things.

My plan was to get the players involved with the Cult of Illumination, through one of my old characters, a pacifist named Enishi, who was running a Tavern as a front for the cult.
I also had some plans with a Sidereal or two who was tasked with making sure they didn't die.

Back
Top Bottom