Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Rift in Time ( DudeGuy and Junko )

DudeGuy

Star
Once upon a time, the world had been a beautiful place.

Children ran around under the sun and shouted with glee, people worked regular nine to five jobs, cursed at one another as traffic stood still, and went home to watch the news to stay caught up on the current events that went on around them. Politics, some celebrity in jail, some scandal. . .

Jun always hated how mundane those things were. She never thought that she would actually miss them. Right now was one of those times where she wished that she could walk home and sink down into the tub, allowing the water to soak away all of the aches and pains of a hard day's work. Perhaps throw on some movie, pop some pop corn, toss in a bad movie and fall asleep after about twenty minutes once her interest was long gone. Or maybe she'd decide to try and cook something for dinner without burning the apartment buliding she lived in to the ground? No. Tonight, she would decide to be lazy and order some take out, then turn the television on and watch the screen until her eyes burned.

Yeah. That sounded heavenly right about now.

Anything would beat being stuck here in the ruins of the down town museum with a bunch of crazed, mutated wolves chasing her down. It didn't help that it was pitch black outside, but at least she had her trusty visor. With nightvision activated, she could see rather well. She knew that the four legged predators were close to her now, which was actually quite a bad thing. Her gun was empty. The old clip had already been expelled and tossed aside to serve as a distraction while she reloaded her weapon. She jumped out from her hiding place behind a pedastal and fired three shots into one of the beasts, two piercing it's torso with the last hit it's skull. She flipped back onto her feet and fired at another one, shooting the joint of one of it's legs. A second shot at the beast to the head finished it. As Jun prepared to fire on another one of the beasts, it jumped away from the edge of the barrel, already adapting to facing the weapon.

Damn, these things are getting smarter, she thought. The woman quickly moved her arms, squeezing the trigger of the weapon just as soon as the barrel landed on the beast. The wolf rolled onto it's back, narrowly dodging the shot. Once it was on it's legs, it charged at her suspecting that it had the upper hand. It's mouth opened, drool dripping off of the razor like teeth anticipating the moment that the jav clamped down on the woman's face, but that sensation never came. Instead, the creature felt pain. It was dropped onto the floor a moment later, left to wonder what killed it.

"Sorry, it looks like I'm the one who get's to go home today," Jun said as she stepped into the creature's line of sight. It's eye closed slowly, knowing that this would be the last time that it saw anything in this life. Jun squeezed the trigger, ending the monster's life.

She slid the gun back into it's holster on the back of her belt and sighed. Keeping everyone safe was hard work, but she was the only one who was capable of doing so now. Her abilities helped her with this job considerably. Jun held her hand out, accepting the long, heavy blade that she moved with her telekinetic power to kill the creature. I wonder what kind of person wielded this thing, she wondered, examining the weapon for a moment. Out of respect for the weapon, she flung the blood off of the blade, then stabbed it down into the floor before her.

Jun didn't need this sword, as she had several of her own already. Unfortunately, she had to leave them behind for the night as they were being repaired and resharpened after the battle that took place two nights ago. Suffice to say, she was lucky that she wasn't facing the turtle like creature's she faced then. Now that this area was clear, Jun decided to head back to the entrance to the Underground, the last settlement of man kind on the planet. So far as they knew anyway. Even if her weapons weren't ready, if she were able to at least find a better gun, she'd be content.

Her long, silvery white hair flowed behind her as she began to walk away from the room when suddenly. . .she got a strange feeling. There was. . .a presence behind her? When she looked back, she saw nothing but the blade that she stuck in the ground.

There was once a brave warrior, she was the perfect warrior, a mix of beauty, strenght and honor. She was the only one who could ever protect the king, she knew no corruption and slayed all who dared betray the king. She was the one who could the people could count to lead the vast armies to battle and win. She was treated like a princess although her blade showed that she was far from it.

Ivy was a knight, protector and guardian of the king, the best warrior on the land. She was feared by enemies where she fought, her sword well known to be a bringer of death to enemies. The armies lead by her won, there was no turning back, she lead them into battle and always won. The kingdom was safe with her on their guard.

She was on the last battle, after this one there would be peace on the land, and finally the king would rule with a strong fist, and gentle heart. She won the last battle finally ending her era of war. She smiled, finally it was over, her fight was over. She was proclaimed holy knight and blessed by the gods. She thought she had it all, she was happy.

One day in a dream, a god made her presence felt, "Dear Ivy, the future needs you. You shall go to the future right away, the humanity is in grave danger, they need you. Do you accept?". She thought about it from a moment and knelt in front of the God, "yes my lady, I accept". With that a bright light appeared on her dream and then a gate, she went through it with her sword at hand.

.......AT THE FUTURE.....

The sword was struck on the ground, this was no ordinary sword, it belonged to a beautiful warrior named Ivy Evans. The ground started to shake and a symbol appeared on the floor, a beautiful young warrior slowly started to rise from the floor. She wore a black armor, her long blue hair landed gracefully on her back. As she rose she looked around, she saw a woman, this was no ordinary woman she could feel a presence about her, she was a strong woman, a fighter.

At her back a pair of things approached her, they looked metallic, like things a person would make for making their lives better, but why were they moving?. She grabbed her sword as she saw the machines starting to attack the woman, she jumped over her and landed her sword on the head of the robot. She then slashed the other robot's head, "No time for talk lady, more are coming", she groaned as she rushed toward the robots killing them easily, her sword cut through them like butter. After it was set and done she looked at the girl, "Ivy...Ivy Evans, the goddess sent me, I am here to help".

The. . .hell. . .?

Jun's brain was unable to process what had just happened. Some woman suddenly appeared behind her, carrying in her hands a longsword. This woman looked strange, as if she stepped out of one of those lame Renaissance fairs. Only. . .the armor she wore looked real, her blade considerably chipped and blood stained. And the way she moved with it on? It was more than obvious that she had seen her fair share of combat. Ivy, as she introduced herself, was an experienced fighter. On top of that, she was quite the beauty. Jun didn't allow herself to dwell on the thought for too long.

There were too many other things that were more important than that. The first of which being where this Ivy Evans came from. She suddenly. . .appeared! And then she opened her mouth and began spouting some non sense about Goddesses? Had she been living under a rock all of this time? Was she insane?

"Goddess? Did you hit your head on something? We've been abandoned by our Gods, and in their steed, we've been given this Hell to live in," Jun said. In her mind, the existence of a higher power watching over them and caring for them didn't make the least bit of sense. Why would they let the world become such a place if they gave a damn about the people that they put on the world? All of a sudden, someone appears declaring that they had been sent here by a Goddess to help? Such non sense would probably get her killed!

"I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your help, I'm sorry. My name is Jun," she said. "I don't know where you came from but I'm glad you appeared when you did. I might not have been so lucky without you here to cover my back like that. As much as I would love to chat, here isn't the place to do so. Follow me."

Jun would lead Ivy through a distance in the ruins and into what was, at one point, an office building. The trek through the building would prove more dangerous than the fights earlier and the walk here, as the ground floor and the floors above were all rigged with sophisticated traps that Jun set up herself. Though she didn't let onto it, but she was rather proud of her handy work. When they finally reached the stairwell, they headed down two sets of stairs and came upon a large, reinforced steel door. Jun knocked once, then four times, then two times. After a short silence, the door creaked open and a man stood armed inside with a gun. He ushered the two of them inside, then closed the door behind them.

"Welcome to the Underground," Jun said. Despite the way it sounded, the Underground wasn't that bad of a place. They were able to make clean water, scrounge up food and supplies, and even arm themselves. None of the people here were actual fighters, but they could at least hold a gun upright and shoot something trying to kill them. She was thankful that they were at least able to learn that much in the years they had been trapped here.

She looked around and sighed hearing her talk "the gods are looking out for you weather you want to believe it or not, this are caused by the humans own mistakes nothing more. The Gods cannot interfere with what humans create in their own free will". She sighed and looked up, "I was taken out of my home, my time to help you, and I am obligated to do so by order of the goddess, so I guess we can just as well get to know each other, since I am not going anywhere until this is resolved. She nods as she follows her to a huge building, buildings this time are too high, if someone were to fall they would be dead for sure. Somehow they were still going down and down.

She sighed as she entered the underground, looking around at the people and how they made their lives in there. She did not really understood what was going on, but if this was a task of her goddess she would do it no matter what, she would help these people. She looked around at the people who were watching her back, she looked strange in the armor, she looked like a cosplayer but in fact she was a true knight. She followed the other girl to a place to rest and took out her armor, out of one strap the armor fell to the ground hitting hard, the armor had a curse, the armor weight a thousand pounds to anyone but her, to her it was a light as a feather. "Explain what happened please, I need to know anything I can about this timeline".

Jun removed her visor and sat it down on the crate beside her, revealing her aqua tinted hues. She motioned for the strange woman to take a seat beside her, but did not wait for her to do anything more before she began. "Not that I believe that some Goddess decided to send you to help us, but you really don't seem to be familiar with anything that's going on around here, so I'll explain. About four years ago, some giant rocks fell out of the sky. They leveled entire cities, killed hundreds of thousands of people, millions maybe. We have no way of knowing just how many people are still alive. How did we survive? We ran. We ran underground as a cloud of debris rolled through the city leveling everything. This place was shaken up quite bit, but it's still in one peace.

"We consider those that are here the remnants of the human race. These people are all survivors, fighting the battle of seeing tomorrow with every passing day. Before this disaster, they were all normal people," she said, pausing for a moment. She lifted her leg up onto the crate and wrapped her arms around it, then took a deep breath before continuing. "I was a soldier. Out of them all, I am the only one here who can really fight the things outside. Monsters, killer robots. . .it sounds like the plot for a terrible movie. Only, unlike a movie, this doesn't end until we die.

"I spend most of my days wandering through the wreckage around this building, putting up traps, searching for survivors, weapons. . .anything I can get my hands on to help the people here live to see at least one more day. Humans didn't make those rocks fall from the sky and wipe themselves out. We might have figured out how to do some stupid things, and we might have made some terrible weapons that could have wiped out the life on this planet, but no on had the power to do something like that.

"You seem like a decent person, so I'll give you a friendly warning - don't to go around here talking about some Goddess who sent you here to help us. I don't have that kind of faith in anything myself anymore, but I don't care if you do. Unlike me, there are others here who would take offense and wouldn't take so kindly to someone talking like that."

She shook her head, she could not understand this world and less these humans. What made the goddess sent her to help these humans if they don't believe in them?. She sighed as she tried to search for a answer, this was probably a very advanced time, she had no idea what happened from her era to this one. She sighed as she took her leg armor off, revealing her very strong legs and round ass with the perfect curves. She took care of her body, and she knew she looked strong. Her breasts were nice and firm, her ass was big and round, and her looks were simply outstanding.

She looked at the other girl as she told the story, "Goddess sent me, that is all you need to know, I do not care about this people, my mission is to help you, that is all". She sighed and stretched out, looking at people who looked at her back, she sighed shaking her head, "first I was defending the king, now I am here, what a day". She sighed and smiled at the other girl, "is there a place where I can take a bath lady?", she casually asked noticing that she was beginning to stink because all the fighting she had done.

"Figures," Jun said as her eyes remained directly ahead of her. If the Goddess didn't care about these people, why would this person that was "sent" to help them care?

"Jun," she corrected. She didn't see herself as much of a lady, as she spent her days running around, killing things, and setting up traps to kill other things. That being said, she wasn't necessarily a nice person, nor was she polite or courteous. Actually, she was a rather withdrawn and aloof, preferring to spend most of her time away from everyone. Sleeping, eating, fighting. . .that's how she spent most of her days.

When he brightly colored optics fell on Ivy once more, she couldn't help but notice how beautiful the woman was. She may have been out of her mind, but her body looked incredible. Jun didn't look bad herself, the muscles of her body were defined without being bulky, her curves weren't as shapely as Ivy's, but she looked every bit as good. The suit she wore was skin tight, with part of her breasts, her abdomen, and her upper thighs covered with a mesh like material. The suit was primarily black in color, but was white on the palms of her hands, her calves, and there was a design that ran up from the back of her legs, up her ass, and met together coming up her spine. On her feet she wore a pair of large, thick soled, high heeled boots.

"You can use mine," she finally said after taking a moment to examine Ivy. She hoped down off of the crate and headed up stairs to a room that over looked most of the under ground settlement. This was her room. The room was rather plain, covered with mounts that held weapons. There were a few small boxes in the corner that held ammunition, and another box that held knives. She removed her belt, then tossed it over onto the bed. "It's in the back, help yourself."

She followed the woman, on one hand she had her armor, on the other she had her sword. She smiled looking at her room, it was somehow like hers back on the past. She nods and bows to the woman, walking to the door and looking around. She had no idea how to turn on the shower, after a lot of thinking and a lot of touching and turning she finally figured it out. She took out her shirt and pants stretching as she was naked in front of the mirror. She went inside and let the hot water hit her body, it felt good and it relaxed her body. She sighed as she looked around the bathroom, it was quite different from her place, but kind of the same feeling to it.

She moved out of the bathroom and took a towel that was hanging. She dried herself and placed back her shirt and pants. With one word the armor flew and arranged itself on her, she looked at herself in the mirror and sighed, this would be a difficult time for her. She exited the bathroom and looked at the woman, "Thank you, is there anything I can do to help with this place?".

When she walked out of the bathroom, she would find Jun laying on her back staring up at the roof. She was tried after all of the fighting, and just wanted to go to sleep for now. "You are probably the only other person here other than myself who can fight. If you would really like to help, assisting me during the day would be more than enough. If you're going to help, I'd advise getting some sleep now. We'll be starting early," Jun said, turning onto her side facing away from the woman from the past.

There was one thing that crossed her mind almost immediately. Ivy didn't have a room here. She would need a place to stay for now, until one could be prepared for her. That would take weeks. They'd have to gather the supplies, then work out the location, run pipes, electricity. . .It would definitely be a difficult and time consuming job. "You can stay here until they prepare a place for you. That side of the bed is free," she said.

She looked at the other girl and still could not understand her, "I do not need a bed, I can sleep in the floor just fine, but thank you". She smiled and went to a corner of the room, took off her armor and lay on the floor looking up. She had been on many wars where she had to sleep on the floor, so this was no different. She looked at the girl and sighed, "May I ask something, what year is this?".

She knew it must be a very advanced year, to be things this advanced must be at least two thousand years older. She sighed and heard her answer, not really sure what to think. Her goddess had sent her from her home time to another time where she did not knew anything. This time was worse than the time she was in, would be difficult to keep a straight face in the midst of all this.

She sighed and closed her eyes, she needed to get some sleep. She needed to find out more about this time and what entitled being here. During her sleep she got all her answers, the goddess had answered all of her questions of the present time she was in. It was obvious she was needed, the human race depended on her. With nothing but her blade she would show honor to the goddess and make people believe in her and the other gods again.

When Jun woke the next morning, she rolled out of bed and sat upright, believing her meeting with Ivy Evans to be a mere figment of her imagination, a vivid dream that she had in the middle of the night. But when she actually saw the woman laying on the floor in her room? She knew that it was true. With a sigh, she got up and headed into the bathroom. After taking a quick shower, she headed back into the main room and grabbed a spare suit and pulled it on. It was identical to the one she had been wearing before. She slid her feet into her boots, pulled on her gloves, and grabbed her visor.

The knight was still asleep. If she planned on helping out around here, she would need to be awake to do so. Unless she had some kind of odd ability that allowed her to do combat in the real world through her sleep. Such a think would be so convenient Jun thought. Her eyes became fixed on the sleeping face of the woman who suddenly appeared before her the night before. When she was awake, she found the woman to be annoying. But when she was quiet and sleeping peacefully? She looked so beautiful. Jun shook the thought out of her mind. Now wasn't the time for such things.

"Hey. Hey! If you plan on doing anything to help, you need to get up now. We've got work to do," she said sternly.

She slowly opened her eyes, at first they were blurry but then the sight cleared. She sat on the floor and looked at her nodding. Standing up she stretched out and said the word, her armor came flying from the floor fixing into her. She moved to the bathroom and washed her face, she needed to be alert if anything happened. She looked back at the other girl and took a deep breath, "I am ready".

She walked after the woman looking at her and admiring her beauty. In her times that was forbidden but she was told that in this times it was more accepted. She sighed not being able to know how to approach a woman she just met, and what if after she helped here she was sent back to the past?. Too many questions, too little answers. She followed her out and sighed, "just one question, the robots, have a weak point?".

"Did you finally remember something about this time? Or did that Goddess of yours inform you? Doesn't matter. . ." Jun said with a particulary sarcastic tone as she stole a quick glance at the woman behind her. "Three actually. They have processing units in their heads. It takes in and analyzes information. Take that out and they stop functioning. The second would be their energy cores, usually located within their torsos. Lastly, their joints. They tend to be weaker and less protected. Sever a limb or two and they usually back away. Take off the head and they stop functioning. As for the beasts? They're just like you and me. Enough damage and they're as good as dead."

Jun lead Ivy down to a workshop in the back of the underground settlement. "Ivy, this is David. If you ever find your weapon in poor shape, you can come and see him to repair it for you," she explained. "Are my swords ready," Jun asked, turning to the man.

"Yeah, they're over by the door. Go a bit easier on them this time, if you continue pounding the blades like you have been, you'll destroy them. Completely," he added for extra emphasis.

"Thanks," she said as she headed back to the door. She lifted the bag by the door up and headed back out into the "town". She escorted her new partner back to the stair well. Before they went outside, she stopped and turned back to Ivy. "I don't know if you were told this much, but monsters and machines will fight amongst themselves. It's best to wait until the end of those battles before jumping in and finishing whoever is left."

She groaned at her comment, how rude she was. She did not cared if she did not believed in the gods but mocking them was different. She followed the woman through the underground town, people staring at her and whispering. She finally reached a man, the woman introduced him as David. She remained quiet while the two talked not wanting to draw any attention. She then followed her outside and heard her again, she was becoming quite annoying. "May I ask you do not mock my believes, I am not mocking yours or your lack of believes please do not mock mine". She said as she went passed the girl and into the city.

She had been both short and firm with her words. Ivy was exactly the opposite of most of the people who were still alive in the Underground. Jun made a mental note of that, then followed the woman from the past out into the ruined city scape.

They wandered around in silence for some time. Jun didn't really know what to say to Ivy after having insulted both her and her beliefs. She decided that it would probably be best to give the woman a tour of the town. Or what was left of it anyway. "This was a city at one point. A beautiful one. That area just ahead used to be a park. It's best to avoid it as it's usually full of monsters of some kind. The birds are particularly nasty. And they're hard to hit since they're so small.

"To the east is the heart of the down town area. The buildings there are in terrible condition, so I suggest staying away from there. I've had quite a few close calls there and I can't even begin to count the number of times I almost died just trying to walk around in them. They're full of traps as well, mostly small explosives I found to get rid of the machines that lurk in that area.

"The south is. . .well, to be honest, I haven't really searched through that area. I know that it's where a lot of monsters and machines fight. it was at one point, a highway that lead to suburban areas. It's mostly houses full of families and schools, supermarkets, various kinds of stores and restaurants.

"And to the west is where the military based I served on was located. It's. . .wise not to go into that area. At all," Jun said. That area was. ..just in a very bad condition. There were also many things there that no person should see. Jun firmly believed that. "This area where we are now was where several government funded labs were located. They dug down into the earth and created some larger facilities to work with. The shelter there is good, solid. It has it's own water lines, it's own filters, it's own electrical generators. . .it was made to be self sufficient. A lot of the people who live there now used to be researchers."

Jun stopped to take a look around, trying to think of something else to tell her partner about.

Back
Top Bottom