Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Monster x Samurai [Interest Check / Feedback]

Viktoff Samson

Supernova
The setting would be a modern or slightly futuristic city-state. In the past monsters like vampires and werewolves preyed on humans and battled with expert hunters in the shadows. These battles weren't common knowledge, the general populace would be unaware. Now trivial matters such as disease and hunger have been partially solved and are completely dwarfed by a war between human-devouring monsters and enhanced sword-wielding hunters. This fight can no longer be hidden by the public eye as these two forces clash publicly and daily. For those properly equipped to defend humanity, the goal to completely exterminate those that prey on the human race is a wholeheartedly understood one. For those that must feast on humans to live, their own allegiances and goals are less certain as they outnumber their peculiar opponents but can't seem to forgive ancient gripes and unite as a singular force. Shenanigans ensue as members of both sides play hero and villain and governments around the world grow frustrated with their inability to play a part in such a struggle. Regular weapons proof futile against the monsters. Nuking everything would just destroy the planet. Diplomatic peace is impossible. Some humans even begin to develop and share fetishes for these monsters.

Players would be allowed to play anything they want, typically. Monsters and hunters can possess any number of abilities or weapons and a unique flair would be appreciated. A source of said weapon or ability for the hunters should be noted in the character application, but it isn't really a requirement. Just a nice thing to do. All in all? All characters are welcome except canon characters from fandoms and overpowered nonsense. Players should probably avoid making characters with mind control unless they are joining with someone else and this is a negotiated kink. This open rp would welcome both smutty smutfests and any fairly interesting entertaining writing along the lines of horror or dark humor. But, an overall theme that is tightly focused may be difficult to maintain as it's my goal to invite all sorts of folks from all around the site. This is why both sides of the initial conflict will be vague and the possibilities are fairly limitless.

I understand there are some obvious criticisms that could be entertained about this concept. That it's too vague. No plot of note. But, I would like to bring attention to the reasonable sacrifices open role plays often accept to remain open. To have a firm plot it wouldn't be easy to account for players losing interest or always being able to accommodate newcomers. I would say it's a necessary evil that this role play allows for some less planned out content. The goal is quirkiness, spur of the moment and fun roleplaying that anyone can jump into and add their own ideas and flavor.

Open Roleplay is a very interesting and unique format that feels rather dead on this site. You could warm my heart and make my day by lending a hand and giving this a try. But, I do anticipate that this wouldn't be for everyone. Pm-only writers are among the most common users of the site, in my experience. And very few rp'ers seem to be able to comfortably accept such a limited planning and unpredictable lower brow format. Hopefully this won't scare everyone off! Even if I can happily move forward with this open rp with just one other interested person.

What will I play? Well, I only write males. So, either a male human, hunter, or monster. It'd be less likely that I write a normal human male as I don't play submissive and they wouldn't really be reliable doms either. Hah. If I wrote a monster I could see myself writing a vampire. If my objective was to fill in as a hunter role, if it seems to be less popular, I'd write a slightly more literal 'Samurai'. Perhaps even one with long hair and a Katana. Not a historically accurate character, for sure. More of a myth/fable edition of such a character.

Thank you for your time. This interest check thread is open to comments of all sorts. But, if you can see yourself lending any time to the IC portion of this rp, then please say so here and note what sort of character you have in mind. Criticism is fair too, lemme know how you feel.

Site rules apply. Character age must be stated individually and clearly within each character app. There will be no limit on the number of characters allowed by any individual site user. Just... Be reasonable. Character death will be allowable, but player consent should be apparent. Posts should avoid making definitive actions for other characters, no power play or god-modding. While there won't be any hard rules for post length, providing other players with substantial content to respond to would be expected.

OOC
-
Character Profiles

I was beginning to miss ya, believe it or not.

I'll get the necessary threads up and going soon so we can collaborate collectively, post our character profiles, and start the roleplay relatively soon. 2-3 days tops. Having just one other person is enough for me to give this a try. Though, it would be endearing to see if others would like to note their interest as well.

Yikes.

I am completely unsure of how I forgot that. Is there a timer? Thankfully i didn't go so far as to open the RP. Hopefully we find one more person.

Well, in that case we've got nothing to worry about!

And that means I have plenty of time to contemplate my character while we wait on person 3. lol.

The ooc and character thread are already up. lol.
I just haven't really laid out my character yet. Wanted to fill in, but if it's just us so far then I might as well get a dude together.

This definitely sounds interesting. I could play both a hunter and a monster, if deemed necessary. I’m also comfortable playing genders other than male, so I could do that if needed.

Your participation in this roleplay would be immediately beneficial in a number of ways and I invite you to go ahead and play what you'd find to be most entertaining. Filling in would be appreciated, but what are second and third characters for? lol.

Welcome aboard! We'd need you to join us so we can start anyway. Hah. Because we'd need three people total.

I'm excited to read it!
And once that's up I'll start the IC thread so we can get things rolling.

While I hope everyone who is interested joins in with a character of their own, I'm very happy to be able to get this thing going.

Hah! Yeah. I get that feeling. I'll read it very soon and then post up the IC later today.

We should aim to discuss ideas and direction in the OOC thread, if anyone has any ideas or questions or anything.

Yes! It's an open RP so permission isn't required!
Any further questions can be happily entertained in the OOC thread. Just go ahead and put together a character profile in the Character Profile thread(You can use ours as examples to help you while you make your own), and then hop right into the IC!

If you choose to make a monster character who would be immediately affiliated with the monster side of the roleplay, I will make a new monster character to join you on that side.

That said, don't worry about feeling the need to fill in. More people can always join and that side can just build it's way up in the rp when people express that desire! No pressure!

Back
Top Bottom