Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(D&D 3.5 FR) Between Stars and Under Hills B.1, Ch. 1, The Star Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a mage that can cast that spell bring them on out. That one is only doable by the strongest wizards in the world.

Fanchi had waited to introduce himself at the table, having spent most of the time looking for Rini and Trina. It would be generous to say he knew either of them well, though he'd spent a significant amount of time with Trina in discussion of strategy and arcane combat. Finally, he stood.

"Everyone. I am Fanchi Cole, experienced caravan guard and battle mage." He nodded to everyone and sat back down.

He smiled warmly at the appearance of the sisters, though resisted the urge to leave his seat or call out to them. He listened as the plan was laid out, relieved that the logistical details were already being considered. Eventually he spoke. "I would recommend marching a force to some of the locations. A small scouting group could be teleported in and able to hold off forces in the mountains or forest, but in the more open areas, being delayed could leave us overly exposed."

When she had seen the twins, both sets her heart had raced, the little men intrigued her, and the beauteous ladies deserved ravishing, but that was another night. The trial was laid out before them, planning and support immediately commenced and it looked as though the adamantine would be in the halls by winter, yet.

Enen watched as the division of labor began. She marveled at the expedience and forceful nature of the dwarves. They saw a resource, identified problems, worked out logistics and set to work to accomplish their goals. She was taken aback just a hair, as a whole avenue of consideration was overlooked. "I wonder your majesty," she began, then awaited his acknowledgement. Once she had gained it, she addressed the table. "The High Ice, the Anrocuh Desert, the forest of Cormanthor—about where the Spider Haunt woods were these days—the Moonsea, the Sea of Fallen Stars, and the mountains of Chondath." She looked up and down the table. "Though commonly thought of as remote or hinterland, my dad made it clear, that if one is born into this world, they are born under a kingdom. Who claims these territories and have you reached out to these governing bodies to offer your skills in shaping this wonder from the heavens? Taking the gift from above from any of these locations will of course upset those who claim the area. The bird migrating through the king's forest may not have been born there, but this won't keep the hunter from poaching charges if he is caught bringing the bird down." She looked to the king as he heard her summation. "You are looking to enter the societies of the world again, how would this look if you are seen as stealing the very material that is your key to recognition?"

“Actually.... now that you mention it, we may not have to harvest it ourselves. Does anyone else have the resources to shape adamantine in any meaningful scale? If we play our cards right, you maybe be able to convince the other nations to pay you just to craft it, and you could make a portion of said payment some of the raw material used, or simply a mountain in gold and a whole storeroom of trade deals.”

Roderick frowned and looked at his map, then nodded to Enen. "Again, a reason for calling in experts. This map was considered a masterwork of the cartographers art--over a century before I was born.

"Let's take it step by step then." He gestured to a great glacier area north of the spine of the world. "The high ice. I believe I read some barbarians thrived here who worshiped a god named Utlutiu. If I understand you correctly, Enen, you're suggesting we make overtures to them--not just to secure rites to the meteor--but for aid in transporting it? Does anyone know if the Utlutiu have a central authority whom we might petition?"

Enen listened to the descriptions of the people that lay claim to the High Ice. "Hmmmm, well, you will either be able to trade their strength, protections, for a worthless hunk of rock, or," she thought for a second, her gaze raising to the sky and by chance the marvel of the crystal telescopes above. "Or, you will be seeking the evidence and gifts of the gods and therefor will require delicate diplomacy. Mismanaged, you may end up fighting for every foot you want to move the rock if it is viewed with a religious fervor. That is assuming they are backwards tribal folks. Remember, they know the land, hazards, comforts, resources and paths. We are strangers in a new world with few exceptions."

She paced away, her eyes still skyward, studying the mechanism used for turning and angling the telescope. "As for a central authority, I would say we petition Utlutiu if available. We could make a petition of trade to offer support to his people without trying to taint their culture, or something like that. If we have the means to contact their gods servants, otherwise, my understanding says that most tribal peoples are familial or more... independant, less central."

Last edited:
Roderick's brow furrowed. "Enen, between yourself and Torrun that might actualy be possible..."

The dwarf shook his head, a little dazed by the idea. "A bit more focus, then. It's my hope we could start in Cormanthor," he gestured to the map.

"The spiderhaunt woods," Amalric spoke up, "That area is technically beholden to the Elven Court out of Tangletrees, but considered too dangerous for normal habitation. How are we set for magical communication? If we can secure the meteor, then send a report to Roderic, that will give him time to prepare a formal delegation to the Elven Court, using potential mutual interest in the adamantine to open negotiations."

3758795415_030a17ed14.jpg

Amaris looked around at all gathered " Well I would offer my services in diplomacy, but despite my goddess I worship the elves would not like me in the envoy. Though I can offer my help as a healer, my plethora of knowledge of various topics and can assist with the those that are stealthy and good with traps on the expedition." The half drow gave a bright smile as she leaned forward in her chair to try and get a closer look at the map.

" I would not say I am an expert in any one area but some examples of my knowledge that might be helpful are Geography and Nature. Also I am not half bad at fighting so I can help protect other scholars and advisers that come along with us. Also I can provide entertainment during the evening to help alleviate stress!" Her smile widened as she let her contributions known that she could bring to the table for this expedition.

Summon up a envoy of a minor deity and charm the pants of it... Make elves give up a major fortune in natural resources through diplomacy.... The former will be slightly easier than the latter but I should be able to help. Anyone or anything else you need me to have a talking to?

Torrunn looks absolutely bored with such mundane task, but agrees to them.

Amalric noticed Selena's daze. He gave the little druid a pinch on the bottom. "Focus little one," he whispered. "We have a mission."

Speaking up, the giant inquired, "Are we taking the road? Or do we have enough teleportation between us to get to Shadowdale or Tangletrees?"

Attempting to teleport without knowing exactly where you are going is foolhardy at best suicidal at worst.

Torrunn was perturbed with the number of people in this group who believed making something or someone vanish from one place and show up in another was a simple task. They had no idea the amount of effort, skill, and calculation that went into even the most basic of conjuration spells but were speaking as though any of it were simple.

"Huh, right, um... Well I mean if I were more intune with nature. I could get me there, you along in a bag of holding." Selena remarked looking downcast.

Amalric chuckled. "We should get started tomorrow, then. This is a good length journey. Selena, can you turn into something big enough for me to ride, and stay that way for a day's travel?" The ginat looked around thoughtfully. "Does anyone have mounts? There's not much of a stables here."

Naruna smiles in agreement with Amalric. She then smiled and winked seductively at him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom