Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“Am I a terrible mother if I say he will eat chicken nuggets and French fries from the air fryer. And I will eat the smoothie for dinner. I’m not that hungry.” She said softly. “If you feel the need to make food, just make me a small salad.”

She let Owen sit in her lap and watched his show. “Why did you take them for a ride? They were sleeping.” She asked and closed her eyes. Her nap was not enough.

Adri’s phone started to ring and she picked it up quickly so the ringer didn’t wake the babies. When she answered Nick’s face popped on her screen. Owen clapped and took her phone to talk to Uncle Nick. It took a while to get him to give her her phone without a meltdown.

“What’s up Nicky?” She asked.

“You look tired. How are the babies?”

Adri smiled, “Thank you for the beautiful compliment.” She stuck her tongue out. “Fine. But if you ever want to babysit, feel free to stop by.”

He laughed, “I wanted you to know first. My brothers and I are going on tour. We have a few strips in LA and Vegas, I just want to know which show you and Jake and coming to.”

Adri was excited but she couldn’t show it too loudly. “That’s exciting. I’d go to both. Send me the dates and I’ll talk to Jake and we will let you know. I’m going to a Joe Bro concert.” She said excitedly. “Jake we are going to a joe bro concert.” She said and handed her phone to Jake so he could talk to Nick.

Jake shook his head. "No, he will eat whatever we give him. At least he's happy and fed. I could throw in some chicken tenders for myself in the air fryer to put on the salad." Jake shrugged.

"Because she started to fuss so before they both woke up and screamed and woke you up, I tried the car method. I wanted you to get sleep." He told her and sat next to her on the couch and laid her head against her.

Jake smiled and waved at Nick. "What's up man." When she told him they were going to a show, he smiled. "I want VIP. I need to meet the bros." He chuckled.

"How's the show going?" He asked Nick. Nick said it was good. Filming was going well and on schedule. Jake's contract with the show was over but additional episodes could be negotiated.

“I slept through that?” She asked. She usually work up when she heard a baby. She was more tired than usual if she she slept through it.

“Well we will be down there in a few months. So if you need him you can use him then.” She yawned. But by the time they got down to LA, filming would be done. Nick would be on tour with his brothers.

Adri got up to get Owen’s dinner ready and some extra chicken for Jake and his salad. She got her smoothie from the freezer and sat back down on the couch. She sent her mother a text to get her to make them some food and put her head on Jake’s shoulder.

Jake nodded. "I didn't let it go on very long. You moved..." He told her and rubbed her leg.

Nick chatted about the tour a bit before hanging up. He even wanted Owen to come to one. They could get those ear muffs for him. Everyone knew the twins would be too little. "You didn't have to get dinner. I could have gotten it."

He kissed her head when she sat back down with him. "Are you calling in reinforcements?" Jake was getting worn out so he could only imagine how Adri was. "I've trained for endurance and this is a whole different level..." He whispered and snuggled into her as Owen played full of energy on the floor. "Where's the camera capturing us now?" He chuckled.

“You know how he gets. I just wanted to get it started.” She said softly.

“Calling in for food. Real food. He will last on chicken nuggets and fries for so long before he’s screaming for something else. Mom can make some good food we can throw in the freezer.” She told him. “Or at least sides so if you want to grill a meat you don’t have to worry about those.” She shrugged.

“Okay!” She laughed. “If they were going to show what this is really like this is what they need to be filming. When does the crew come back so I can do my talking head?” She asked.

"He takes after you with that..." He teased and grinned. "He needs to learn patience. Bur not today." He chuckled.

Jake sighed. "I can cook sides. I feel bad your mom is cooking. He would go for Mac and cheese too." Jake kissed her head. "But thank you got calling your mom. Your mom's cooking is the best. What is she gonna think about is going to LA and taking her babies away?"

"Possibly tomorrow or Monday." He told her. "I'll have them stick around a bit. To capture us exhausted." He chuckled. Owen walked over with a truck wanted them to play. "Buddy, you play for a bit. Daddy will play after awhile okay?" Owen just looked at him a moment like he didn't understand but then went back to playing by himself.

“If you want her to make mains, then let her know. She’ll cook whatever we want.” She raised her eyebrows and shook her head to that. “I haven’t told her yet. But when I do, I’m sure she’s going to want to come see us a lot.” She smiled.

“Maybe we call Alex tomorrow to help out a bit. If we are filming and busy, she can step in with the babies when they cry. So we don’t have to stop everything we are doing.” She said softly.

The air fryer beeped and Adri got up to shake it and put it back in. When she came back she sat down with Owen and played trucks with him. Which only lasted so long since he wanted every truck Adri was playing with. Telling him to share resulted in a meltdown. Adri let him scream it out because she was too tired to stop it.

She went to the kitchen to finish his dinner and let Jake handle it. She felt bad but she could only handle so much.

Jake tried to think about which dishes her mom made that they both loved. "Meatloaf. I want your mom's meatloaf. Anything you want?" Jake asked Adri. "Owen eats anything grandma makes."

He nodded to having Alex help. "Thats fine with me. It will be cool to hang out with him too." Jake rubbed Adri's leg until she got up to check the food. When Owen had his meltdown, he got up and picked Owen up. "Hey...We've learned to share. You have to share your toys especially when you want someone to play with you. They can't play without toys." Owen snuggled against Jake as he settled down. Jake figured he was still tired or still adjusting to having two babies now. "Tell mama you're sorry."

Owen looked at Adri. "I'm sorry mama..." He sniffed and climbed down to give her a hug. "I'm sorry." He hugged her leg. Owen seemed to really struggle not having Adri to himself.

Jake watched a minute before sitting back down on the sofa.

“Yeah. I’ll send her some stuff for her to make while she’s here. Maybe we can get her to spend the night for a few days at the new place.” She said.

Adri finished cutting up Owen’s nuggets and getting them on the plate with ketchup.

She smiled when he hugged her leg and got down on her knees to give him a hug. “I know baby. I accept your apology. I love you.” She had him stand up and kissed his forehead. “It hurts mommy’s feeling when you treat me like that.” She said softly.

“You can talk to me. You don’t have to scream.” She wiped the tears from his eyes and kissed his cheeks. “You hungry?” She asked and stood up before she picked him up and set him at the dinner table. She put his plate in front of him and sat with him while he ate and she drank her smoothie.

“Do you want mommy to take you to school tomorrow or daddy?” She asked. It was tough having him be a momma’s boy with the twins also needing her attention. But if he wanted her to drop him off they would make it happen. Even if it meant bottle feeding.

"It's a shot asking. It would be nice having the extra help transitioning the three of them." He told her.

Owen gave her a proper hug around her neck when she went to his level. He sniffed when she said he hurt his feelings. "Okay." He told her to talking to her. Now if he did it, that would be a different story. He nodded to being hungry and ate with her. Owen talked to her a bit about his cartoons and Max.

"You please!" He told her. "Daddy can get me! Like today!" He told her. Owen liked that they split it up. Jake came in the kitchen to get a drink. "Or if daddy has to take you, mommy can pick you up. Would that be okay?" Jake asked Owen who looked at Jake then Adri, almost as if he was trying to find any deceit. He nodded as he pushed a nugget in his ketchup.

Jake sat with them to eat. "Thank you baby for making my protein. Best wife ever! Better than my previous one." He teased and smiled. After he ate and Owen was done he cleaned him up and put their stuff in the dishwasher. Owen went to Adri and grabbed her hand. "Sit together?"

Jake smiled at her. "You wanted a mama's boy." He walked over and kissed her deeply. "Enjoy it before the babies wake up.,"

Adri’s heart swelled when Owen asked to sit with her. “Okay love. I’m going to get some water first okay?” She sent him to the couch and grabbed a cup of water for the both of them.

“I did and I don’t regret wanting a momma’s boy.” She smiled.

“How about if they wake up, you take care of them? I’ll get him in the bath and tucked into bed and then when he’s down I’ll help you?” She asked Jake and gave him a kiss. “I feel bad. We’ve changed his life. What he’s used to. He needs some mommy time uninterrupted.” She said softly.

She went to the living room and sat with Owen. She handed him his sippy cup and sat next to him. They watched Bluey for a couple episodes and then switched to another show for Owen.

Jake smiled at Adri. It was crazy how when Owen was the twins age, she wasn't sure she wanted to do this. And he honestly couldn't blame her. Now she was all in and would do anything for him. He couldn't help but wonder how he got so lucky that she chose to love him and Owen. He kissed her again.

"Sure baby. Mind if I join you both until that happens. Then yep, I'm hands on deck." He smiled at her. Jake grabbed a water himself and then went to sit by Adri but let Owen snuggle with her.

When Oakley started crying he gave Owen a hug and kiss so he was ready when he would get ready for bed, he went up to get Oakley and feed her. He sat in the nursery, rocking her as she ate.

Adri felt Owen move closer to her when Oakley started to cry. She rubbed his back and smiled at Jake when he took her upstairs to settle her down. While Jake was upstairs with her, Adri and Owen had a heart to heart about his new siblings. She promised she loved him just as much as his brother and sister and wasn’t trying to replace him. They were little babies and needed extra attention sometimes. He didn’t seem to understand it all, but he enjoyed the one on one time with Adri. She was sure when they went out with Jake it would be the highlight of his weekend.

When Oliver started to cry, Adri looked at Owen. “Do you want to help Mommy get him ready?” She asked Owen. “I’m going to pick him up, can you get his bottle off the table?” She asked.

When they sat back down, she had Owen sit so he could see Oliver. “Why don’t you help me feed him?” She asked and Owen stood up and held the bottle. Adri had to help him adjust and wrapped her arm around his waist while he did it.

“You’re such a big help bud. A great big brother.” She kissed his cheek.

Owen smiled proudly when she complimented his big brother skills. He seemed to enjoy helping as long as it wasn't diaper or spit up duty. He even rubbed Oliver's head as he ate. "I got you bruba." He kissed his cheek which made the bottle move and Oliver looked around. "Ooopsie. I sorry. I fixed it." He got the bottle back in his mouth.

Jake came down holding Oakley who was fed and content being held for the time being. He walked in watching Owen feed Oliver. His eyes went wide at Adri but was smiling. "Are you helping O?"

"No I doing it!"

"Ohhh you're doing it? Mommy is helping you? Okay. Well looks like you're doing a great job." He smiled and walked to his chair to go back to rocking Oakley but letting her look around.

"Baby...I think I know why they are pissed...they are apart. They were inside you snuggled up together. We have been dividing and conquering and they double teamed us. I think they miss each other..."

“They were kicking the hell out of each other and me when they were in there.” She said but shrugged her shoulder. “Do you want to put them in the same bassinet tonight? As long as they have the gloves ones so they aren’t scratching or pulling hair we can give it a shot.” She agreed.

When the bottle was finished she asked Owen for the burp cloth and patted Oliver until she got the burp. Owen wanted to try that she handed Oliver over. Oliver was about half Owen’s size so she really had to help. Thankfully Oliver made a coping noise and Adri could take him back. Owen as excited either way.

“Good job buddy.” Adri gave him a high five. “You were faster than daddy when he has to do that.” She told him.

"It's worth a shot. I think they kicked you more then each other. But maybe that's why they look around so much, trying to find each other. They are twins, they probably have that twin radar stuff." He shrugged.

Jake watched Owen and then gave Adri a look when she mentioned Owen burping Oliver faster. "I can't be the best at everything Adri...I'll let him have that one." Jake smiled at Owen. "Good job buddy. You're a big help."

Jake got up to move next to Adri di Oakley and Oliver were close together. He didn't know if this would be close enough or not. "Want me to take him or are you good?"

“I like to think they kicked each other more than they kicked me.” She softly and rubbed her stomach.

“You can have him.” She passes Oliver to Jake and opened her arms for Owen. He ran into them and she held him like a baby and covered his face in kisses which made him scream and laugh.

“Will you be my baby forever?” She asked.

“I’m big boy.” He laughed.

“But you can be my baby.” She told him and kissed his neck. “Let’s go take a bath. And get ready for bed. And if you’re really good you can have an Oreo.” She promised. “But you have to be my baby forever.” She tapped his nose. “Do you agree to that?”

"I don't know. They have that twin bond. They may have teamed up against you babe." He shrugged.

Jake took Oliver and let him lay on his chest. "Hey baby boy." He kissed his temple..

He shook his head watching Owen and Adri. Owen thought about it. It was very clear he could be bought with cookies. "Okay! I will!" He jumped down and ran to the kitchen for his oreo.

Jake shook his head. "I can't believe you bribed our son...What else have you bribed him with? And if you do that now, what's it gonna be like when he's a teenager." He shook his head. "You better pay me to keep quiet about it and not snitch." Jake chuckled. It was worth a shot.

“Just cookies.” Adri said with a straight face. “You get bribed all the time.” She added and gave him a kiss before she got up to get Owen his cookie. She got one for herself and Jake too. She came back to the couch and gave Jake his Oreo, “payment for your silence.” She smiled.

She waited until Owen was done with his cookie then it was bath time and time to brush his teeth. They came down to give Jake and the babies a good night kiss. Instead of watching TV she read him a few stories he picked out and got him tucked in bed.

Adri listened to see if the babies were crying and since it was all quiet, she took a shower and changed clothes and then came back down. “I feel like a new person.” She said and put her head on his shoulder.

“Do you want me to take one?” She asked.

Jake raised an eyebrow not believing Adri only bribed their son with cookies. "Is that so? Even while I'm in LA?" He thanked her for the cookie and took a few bites. "Now you're bribing me. I see how you play Adriana Danials..."

When Owen came down to tell him good night, Jake grabbed him and picked him up and attacked his face with kisses. "I love you bub. Sleep well. Sweet dreams." He gave him a hug before letting him go back upstairs with Adri.

When Adri came back down, he smile at her and kissed her head. "Only if you want to. Did he go down easy?" He looked at Adri a second. "I finally get to use my own gym and you take it from me..." He teased with a smile. "I figured it would be a good place to work out any arguments we have. I give you a set of gloves and lock you out there for awhile. Maybe go out with you..."

Adri laughed when he took the bribe. “I like I said, you get bribed all the time. Just takes you a little longer to recognize it.” She teased.

“He was out after a story or two.” She told him and let the babies stay where they were.

She laughed and pushed his shoulder, “try sticking me in there and see what happens. You should be the one locked in the gym when you’re in a mood.” She put her head on his shoulder.

“Do you want to take a shower and feel better about everything?” She asked him. “I can watch them.”

Jake was glad Owen went down fairly easy. "I'm glad bedtime has gotten easier with him. He goes down typically pretty easy. Or I've found warm milk still helps him."

He chuckled. "Oh come on we both could go out and box. I'll let you get a few punches in at me. Tell me that wouldn't make you feel good?" He kissed her head.

A shower did sound nice. "Yeah I'll go shower but in a minute." Jake wrapped his arms around her and just watched the babies. "I don't care how many championships I win. Our three babies are always gonna be my biggest and best accomplishment. We are taking three kids to LA..." He smiled and looked at her in her eyes. "I love you and our family. I'm excited to show us off."

Jake kissed her softly. "I'll go shower then come back down. I was going to ask, do you want to watch the documentary before the premiere?"

“No because if I hit you, you’re going to hit me! I grew up with brothers. I know what a free hit means.“ She laughed. ”We should do those videos we used to do. Where you taught me jui jitsu stuff. That was fun. you can teach Owen too.“

“I love you too Jacob. We all love you. You’re our champion.“ She smiled at him

She nodded her head to watching the documentary. “That would be nice. Should we make it a family watch party? We can invite the team, Amy, our parents. That way we all know what we are getting into at the red carpet. Maybe convince your mom to come.“

Jake looked at Adri offended. "I'd never hit you....not even with pads on." For a split second, he thought about during their drive back from Christmas and how he he did then but it was accident and he had no idea what he was doing. "I could show Owen how to box. You're okay with that?"

He couldn't help but smile proudly. "That's all that really matters to me. As long as you all think I'm amazing, I'm good. I'm pretty damn blessed."

"I like a watch party idea. Maybe an opposite thing of the premiere? Instead of dressing up everyone dresses down. We have everyone come in sweats or pajamas." Jake suggested. "You don't want to watch the docu before anyone else? Maybe just us?"

“Yes. You can teach Owen how to box.” She agreed. “As he doesn’t start a fight club at preschool.” She added.

“Is that what you want?” She asked him. “We can watch it together before any one else. Then have your family come over and do a pajama watch party. That will be fun. Just let me know when you want to do and how many people are coming and I’ll plan it.” She said softly and kissed his shoulder.

She looked at the time and looked at the twins. “I’m ready for bed. Are you three coming with me?” She asked. “You can watch TV in bed.”

Back
Top Bottom