Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Xenopolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anansi

Supporter
Supporter
Rising over the horizon came a tremendous spire followed by a number of other structures. All of it sat atop what could only be described as an island plucked out of the sea with a number of shimmering spheres half uncovered along its underside. Its entirety hovered about two thousand or so feet above the ground its movement slow and without particular direction. It crept forward like a silent predator its entirety the size of a large metropolis, for that's what it was. Covered in various towers, spires, the occasional obelisk and skyscrapers the city loomed above the sea. Its streets were filled with hundreds of citizens, no two alike, the faces ranging in the entirety of the color spectrum. Stalls seemed to pop up from the ground itself as did buildings and various other constructions. A number of smaller islands hovered about the central, these much darker and some of them belching putrid smoke into the air. These were the outskirts of the place, kept aloft by its power yet neglected by many of the citizens. The place where creatures lurked, criminals ruled, and everything had its price. However back in the metropolis in the single spire that loomed above the city in its center, at the very top staring out a window stood a man, his irises were a deep swirling red, his sclera an onyx color and his pupils a titanium grey. His name was Anansi, he had created this place, a place he had named Xenopolis.

It didn't have much of a purpose besides existing, people came, people went. The city-island hovered at a constant altitude, various engines kept air pressure normalized, a field about the city's underside kept it afloat. Numerous airships came in and out. The place was built with infrastructure within the earth itself, all that needed was for something to be built atop it and systems instantly linked into the building almost like a reverse set of roots slipping upwards into the structure. He didn't keep track of construction any more, there was a large positron brain downstairs that kept track of that. Instead he just slipped in and out, tinkering here, looking about there. In his city, it more or less ran itself. Turning his back to the window he walked over to his elevator stepping in while pulling a cloak about himself. He would go down to the sewers and come up into the street, few knew he was the creator of the place, he liked things that way, here anything was possible, he was fully intent on exploring the infinite possibilities.

Indi was filthy, and she smelled like she'd just crawled out of a sewer. In reality, she'd just crawled away from one of the outlying islands-- the outskirts. Escaping her past, Indi was determined on making a place for herself in the metropolis of Xenopolis. Her neko ears were tucked under a cerulean-colored head scarf that covered the bottom half of her face and the top of her head. Her eyes were the dark blue that held the signature, u-shaped, silver crescents that nekos possessed under their pupils. Her long, black hair was braided back away from her face, and at the current moment it was grungy and rank. It'd been a while since she had the chance to bathe.

Little jingling sounds sounded when she walked, the only clothes she owned that marked her as a lower citizen of Xenopolis. Tiny bells were sewn on her anklets and bracelets, and one bell hung from a choker around her neck. She wore a white hoodie with genie-style, puff pants, and sported sneakers that looked well past worn. Her fashion was... an awkward mess to be honest. The tail that she wished she could just let be, was hidden in her pants. At 5"7, even with the awkward clothes, it wasn't too hard for Indi to mesh in with the hoards of people and creatures. Her clothes even hid the curvy body underneath, a body that almost got her raped at one point. But that was the past. The one she was trying to escape, remember?

She breathed in a nearby street vendor's food, and her stomach grumbled in anger. When did she last eat?

[[someone join the rp and act like the person that notices I'm hungry!! xD Let's make this rp busy!]]

He made his way along slowly running his fingers along one of the buildings. His eyes glowed a dull red as he did so. It was one of the little things he'd added, the buildings automatically gave him feedback about the area. He noted new buildings and various changes to the landscape. A deep black mask covered his face, a type commonly worn throughout the city, they had become rather popular after he'd given them to a number of the upper ranking members. In time copies and imitations had popped up. He walked slowly before something caught his eye. Looking to the young girl he leaned down. If his expression could have been observed it would be seen as one of softness. It reminded him somewhat of his former pet, his lovely IC. It had been a completely simple lovely platonic relationship. He had not seen her in years since he had let her off to go with her lover but from what her heard on occasion they did well for themselves.

He looked over the young woman his six foot tall frame only having to look slightly down to her. He took in a slight breath one of the few he did each day and inhaled her scent noting the pungent stink and sharp odor she gave off. Walking over to her directly he stood before her and bowed slightly before slipping off his mask. A bit of magic changed him however, his eyes turned a soft brown color and his hair blond hoping that the flawless face beneath the mask didn't give away his inhumanity. "Hello there miss, you look hungry." He said to her before he reached into his cloak and pulled from it a loaf of bread still in wax paper and warm as though just from a bakery. "Would you like some food?" He asked her slowly. She needn't know who he was at the moment.

Indi was still staring at the street vendor when a figure stepped in front of her. Fearing that it was the city Guard, Indi's heart nearly jumped out of her chest. When she lifted her head to look at the man with the black mask, her eyebrows furrowed a bit in confusion and curiosity. He lifted his mask without further adieu, and Indi was slightly confused when she saw a rather... normal face. She had noticed the small bow, and wondered what kind of man would bow to a low-life like her... Something about him struck her as anything but ordinary or normal... but his face... well, even his face held something she couldn't exactly place. She wasn't aware that not being able to place what was not quite right-- because everything was perfect-- was what wasn't quite right.

He spoke. Not only did he speak to her, but he could tell she was hungry? Maybe he'd heard her monstrous stomach-growl. When he reached into his cloak, Indi felt jumpy. What if he held a knife? What if he was a predator and not a friend? But, oh. Oh. The loaf he brought out completely overwhelmed Indi. Her stomach churned and growled painfully, and her mouth watered. It looked like those she'd once seen only in the picture films they'd once shown on the outskirts when the outskirts were still fairly inhabitable. She was so little... the bread looked so good then, and she could have only imagined that it smelled good, but now... it smelled scrumptious. She didn't even think to wonder how the bread had suddenly appeared.

"I..." Indi's voice failed her for a moment. If she hadn't been so hungry, she may have been more wary that a person was just offering her food. It may have been poisoned or stolen for all she knew, but right now, she was extremely hungry, and hope for survival came before fear of death at this point. "I would... absolutely love it if I could have a morsel..." Without even knowing she was doing so, Indi's hands were slowly stretching out to the wondrous loaf.

[[Sorry for the slow response-- I work all day. Thanks for replying though :3]]

He smirked and slowly looked her over. His eyes were bright, perhaps a bit too bright he thought to himself as she blinked he dulled them almost in an instant. He tried to breath, it was difficult to develop the rhythm of breathing and blinking when you didn't need to. He slowly made a shirt descent beneath his cloak to cover his body lest it shift and reveal more about his body. His face remained the same however, he couldn't change that now, too late. If he did she would be suspicious so he just left it as it ws and slowly pressed the bread to her hands.

Licking his lips slowly he took in a breath then spoke making an attempt to fully exhale and talk causing his voice to come out slightly faster than he wanted. Due to how close they were he figured that it wouldn't be right for her not to be able to at least feel or smell some of his breath. The sweet scent of it ran along the air before he realized that he was giving off something that might be taken as some as a mating signal. "You know, if you don't eat it..you'll die anyway..its quite fine, its not poisoned." He said with a soft smile before he turned his head once it was within her grasp. "You look new to the city, lost and hungry. Come, I'll help you..I give you my word that you won't be hurt." He said to her simply. "We will go to my home, I mean you don't have to come, I could give you a bit of coin to go to a hotel but seeing someone like you I'm not sure how well that would go over." He said to her with a nod and a slight tilt of his head.

"I mean I have lots of food, its just me, my family is...gone." He said letting it hang slightly. He was being honest, his family had gone their way, he was alone, and due to his condition he'd always be slightly lonely. He thought of taking her to the tower but that would be too much. He pondered on which of his smaller homes he would take her to settling on one in the merchant district a few blocks away. "You can bathe, get your own room, and frankly you're kind of cute I could use someone to mind my shoppe." He said to her his voice slightly earnest but not hiding anything. "I mean, you could wander the streets till you die, are picked up, become a victim, slaver, or whore, or..you can take a chance." He finished before he leaned in and tried to rest a hand on hers. "You can eat now." He said with a smile.

(No need to apologize to me dear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom