Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Rose Filled Gun (Quinn89 & Leon)

Kaia had struggled for the longest time after Luke's betrayal. The thought of him living his life like normal after her supposed death drove her into a deep depression, which only got worse after she found out he had shot her not knowing she was carrying his child. All Kaia could think of was revenge. She wanted him to suffer the same way she had. It took a good couple of years before she reached a point where she simply decided to erase him from her life as much as possible. Kaia stayed dead, changed her name, found a good man who looked after her and her son. For 5 years she didn't so much a give Luke much thought until Church found her.

She hated that she cared about him. Hated the way he made her feel even now when she was close to him. The way her heart picked up speed when he touched her and the excitement she felt when he gave her his signature smirk. Kaia was not even sure she was pretending to flirt with Luke. It just came so naturally. It was like she was 16 all over again and crushing on her brothers best friend. She wondered how he would have played his cards had he known her secret those years ago. Would he not have cared or would he have looked after her the way Mitch did.

After walking away Kaia thought on his words. He still continued to underestimate her. He really shouldn't though. He had been the one to teach her how to kill. Luke had been her mentor. She had a feeling he suffered from an inflated ego. There was no need to respond to it. She knew what she was capable.

Luke's phone call was extremely cryptic and Kaia was beginning to wonder if the Shadows had picked up on her. They were probably plotting her second murder. The call was over quickly and Kaia was now leaning back against the car. The one guard had moved closer to her trying to get a better look at her. She was almost certain he was checking her out. She had done a good job convincing them she was some spoilt brat who was just looking to have fun with Luke. Luke's voice then came clear with instructions to clean up. She looked at him and nodded that she understood.

Kaia slid her dress up her thigh slightly reaching for an object strapped to her thigh. It glimmered as light hit it. She was fast and soon as the second guard witnessed Luke dropping his colleague he made a grab for Kaia. She was quick stepping out of his grasp and grabbing his wrist, then stepping in and bending it back with a crush before she brought the shiny metal objects up and stabbing the man with three quick jabs to the throat. She then reached for his holstered weapon and shot the third man before he even knew what was happening.

"House all clean...we can go home." She said rather sweetly. She hated to admit that she had rather enjoyed that. Looking up at Luke with a raised brow, "What did your boss say on the call then?"

There was nothing like the seemingly effortless movements of a well trained body, the muscles tightening and shifting where the mind wants it to go. The very idea of having the life of another in ones hands always was a rush of sorts. The very slip of a well placed fist could be the difference between just a day of bed rest and a dirt nap. His actions would be the later at the man would hit the ground with a thud. Luke would then bring his attention over toward Kaia as he caught the end the third strike to the throat and the gun that would fire to strike the last man.

Luke would clap his hands in a slow applaud as he would reach down to take hold of the phone, snapping it in half. "Well, nice to see you're as sharp as ever." He would take the pieces of the broken device and toss them over both his shoulders in different directions, the sound of them striking the floor off in the distance echoing throughout the warehouse. "My little fox." He would say the almost forgotten nickname, he had not spoken it in ages and watching her, it felt like it was just yesterday they were doing the same thing to some other unsavory individuals.

When she asked for what the conversation was about, he would walk over to the SUV, opening the door and looking between the seats as he answered her, speaking loudly enough for her to hear. "It would seem that some diplomats from Asia are on a flight to the city and will be arriving in a few days." He would pull himself back and close the door, walking over to the back door and opening it, continuing. "Someone was supposed to have dealt with them and we were told it was handled."

He would straighten up, taking a phone in his hand and throwing it hard onto the ground, smashing the phone, sending pieces across the ground as he looked for the same chip from the other phone in this one. "I don't like being told who to kill but when Shadow is told someone is dead..." He would reach down and take hold of the chip, snapping it between his fingers. "...they take that to heart."

He would throw the pieces away, under the SUV and look back to Kaia. "We should get going. I'm sure that we are still on a sensitive time-table."

Kaia looked over to Luke as he clapped his hands for her. She was surprised at how easy that was but she didn't think it warranted an applause. Rolling her eyes Kaia knelt down and cleaned her knife on the guys tie before slipping it back into the sheath strapped to her thigh and lowered the hem dress down over it once more. "I guess one doesn't forget how to kill." She said. She felt a little better now that she had the gun. Releasing the magazine Kaia counted how many bullets there were before slipping the magazine back into place. She watched as Luke disposed of the cellphones.

Luke seemed quite impressed with her display the words that left his lips made Kaia pause. She hadn't heard the nickname in many years. Little Fox. There was a time she smiled whenever he used it. He jad given her the nickname after she got a tattoo of a fox on the back of a her left shoulder to hide the scar of a previous injury. She felt like she had belonged and was wanted whenever he used it but now it was just a reminder of the way things use to be. "Don't, don't use that name when we both know it means nothing. I'm not your Little Fox anymore. I'm not your anything anymore. Nothing has changed. We will go our separate ways soon enough." Kaia growled. Even as she said it, she felt a stab in her heart. It might have for a brief moment felt like old times but it wasn't.

Kaia quickly searched the pockets of the man who had been driving and found the keys to the SUV as Luke searched for any other devices that could be tracked. "Why does it seem like you are getting a bit rusty? None of your dead seem to be staying dead. Must be extremely frustrating." She could not help the smirk that formed on her lips. "I'm sorry that your people aren't able to get the job done. Maybe if you didn't kill your best assassin you could have had someone who knew how to get the job done." Kaia shrugged, "none of my kills come back to life." She held the key out to him so that he could drive. She did not trust him not to take advantage of her if she were to drive.

"Stop taking things to heart Luke, you might have a heartattack." She chuckled. Wondering what the consequences would be if the Shadows found out he had failed to kill her too. "We are on a clock and I am not going to risk my...fam...life by not delivering you."

Luke took note that Kaia would say something about it being a good thing she had not forgotten how to kill. Why would she have forgotten? He knew there were plenty of missions that did not require killing but had she really never had to resort to it? It was baffling to say the least but he would push the comment out of his head for the time. Though, it was the notion of him calling her the ever so usual nickname he had called her in the past. She now seemed to take a personal offense to the name. A raised brow would be the response. "Well, someone sure has their panties in a twist. There was a time that you loved that little name."

It would seem that the time between them had changed far more than he had known. Though, now that he thought of it, would he really be able to blame her with the past he had created? The actions he chose to keep the meaning under wraps for so no word would go unchecked. He would turn his attention away from her as he tried to find something to keep his attention now.

Though, as she spoke of his own problems coming back from the dead, he would scoff. "Shows simply how much mercy can come around to bite you in the ass is all I'm getting from this." He would listen as she commented on her own death and that she had a rather spotless record. He would turn to her and take the key from her, letting it slide between his fingers. "You were good but let's not get ahead of yourself. It's about picking your battles. Ones you can win and the ones you need to let go. Always making those reaches."

He would jump into the drivers seat, the door closing behind him and the key entering the ignition to start the SUV, the seatbelt clicking into place across his chest. Once she was in, he would shift gears and start out saying. "Whoa, whoa, back up. Fam? Fam what?" The word caught his ear and it started to make more sense. The comment about not losing her touch wasn't because she had no missions to go wrong, it was because of something else. "Is it really just your life your worried about?"

Kaia wouldn't admit it but the use of the nickname made her feel nostalgic about the old days and that just made her angry to think about it. It was all to easy for the ex-assassin to just pretend it meant nothing to her. In truth she remember all too well the feeling of belonging when she heard that name off of his lips. He would always tuck her hair behind her ear and look into her eyes and she was his.

"People change over time Luke, I chose to forget anything about you that made me happy." It wasn't entirely true. Their son made her happy. He was a little part of Luke. A part of him he didn't know existed. She often wondered how different their lives would have been had they completed their mission. Benjamin had been completely unplanned and she wondered if that was ever something Luke would have wanted.

Kaia shook her head clear of those thoughts knowing to keep her son safe she could not let Luke know he existed. She was brought back to reality when he replied about her comment saying she was mercy that came back to bite him. "I seen to recall a time you liked the way I bite." She said cheekily "And if I'm cocky it is because you. Can't deny I was your greatest student."

Kaia followed him to the car and got into the passenger side. She had been hoping he would miss what she said. The word family had almost slipped off her tongue. "Familiar surroundings...I miss the comfort of my home and the life I built while I was dead." She said to cover up her mistake only she knew he would not be convinced. "We need to get to the Ritz Hotel. The pick-up will be on the roof once I have made contact." She changed the subject completely.

(Think we can time skip to the hotel and say their pick up will only be in the morning.)

It seemed that the slip of tongue was just a bit of a mix of words or at least that was the assumption. There wouldn't be much of a reason for Luke to care about what sort of things Kaia did whilst she was supposedly six feet under. At least, that was the best thing to tell himself. "Sure, they change. But some things just aren't that easy to shake, even with all the comfort of the world." She would push the location of the hotel to make sure nothing goes haywire before then and he wasn't really in the way of arguing the request.

[-Skip-]

They had made it to the hotel and after ditching the car a few blocks away, they arrived to find that a single room was assigned to them and that they were not going to be going anywhere for the rest of the night. Luke would hold a keycard between his fingers. "Seems like the good old days are coming back." The card was for a room close to the top floor, the usual for people in the line of work of a hitman. Longer to get too and even harder for a hostage to get away from without hitting a few hard spots. It really did bring back memories for the man as this was common place for the two back in the day. Shacking up on stakeouts or waiting to get picked up as per the usual. "Room three thirty seven."

Back
Top Bottom