Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Rose Filled Gun (Quinn89 & Leon)

Leon

π•Ώπ–π–Š 𝖒𝖆𝖓 𝖔𝖋 π–’π–ž π–”π–œπ–“ π•―π–—π–Šπ–†π–’π–˜
The Aqua Nite Club. It was as starting to become as active as it had been every other night before, nothing surprising in this regard. That was with the exception that he arrived an hour later than usual. Luke would walk with a hard sense of purpose, anyone that would catch him would be able to tell from both his posture and the look on his face. He was looking for someone specific but he wasn't told where they would be.

They had information for him but would not actually tell him what it was. This was both annoying and dangerous. Dangerous for the person on the other end of his shit list. He wasn't one to tempt as he had killed for less and would surely be able to have things cleaned up before anyone was the wiser. Though, it was because of this that if someone would push him with this kind of information, it would have to be important. The amazing fact that it went through the Shadows to get to him was all the more impressive.

He would stop against a wall near an emergency exit, his eyes scanning the room, not really being able to spot any one person that didn't look like they belonged. He would shift his coat, the pistol in its holder on his hip making an appearance for a brief second before becoming concealed once more.

Flashback

The night before

It was just sex. Luke didn't do attachments and niether did Kaia. They didn't have lives outside of their jobs. It had all started with the bottle of bourbon and some casual flirting to sell their cover that had led the spies into each others beds. The first time was a drunken romp. The second and third time Kaia tried to convince herself that it was two lonely people trying to fill a void no amount of alcohol could fill. It was pure carnal list.Β 

Tonight was different. Luke had been gone most of the day and when he returned the pair went over the plans for their mission. They would be blowing up a shipment of weapons that they were told were being delivered to the warehouse district. Their covers made it look as if they would be part of the security detail but would take advantage to sabotage the shipment.

Kaia had been checking her weapons when Luke's muscled arms had wrapped around her waist and she felt his lips along her neck. She moaned as his hands moved over her body. Placing the hand gun she had been checking down on the crate, Kaia turned in his arms now facing him. She couldn't quite make out the expression on his face as he brought his hand to cup her cheek gently then crushed his lips to hers. His hands ghosted over her hips then around her back down to her ass. Without so much as breaking their kiss he hoisted Kaia up and she instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist, moaning when she felt his erection against her heat. Luke carried her over to the bed and lowered her down and they proceeded to make love.

The night of

That's what it was right? She thought to herself as she stared down the barrel of his gun. They had made love only hours ago and now she was going to die. Kaia couldn't wrap her head around it. What she felt the night before must have been one sided, a schoolgirl fantasy and he had just been toying with her. The humiliation and betrayal made the waiting death almost welcomed.

"Prove your loyalty Luke, pull the trigger. She is hardly worth the hesitation."

Kaia felt a drop on her cheek unsure if it was tears or if it was a raindrop. She looked up a Luke who seemed to be unable to meet her eyes. It began to rain which was good because it meant he wouldn't see her tears.

Five shots. Three hit her vest knocking the wind right out of her and two one in the shoulder and arm leaving her in an unmoving crumpled mess.

Present

Kaia closed her eyes and tried to calm her thumping heart. The memories of that night still left scarred both physically and mentally. There was no way of knowing how she would be received. In fact Kaia was not sure why she had decided to leave the comfort of her suburban life or why she cared so much to come at all.

Reaching over to the passenger seat, Kaia retrieved her clutch purse and exited her vehicle. She gulped as she looked up at the neon sign of the Aqua Nite Club. Here goes nothing. She thought as she handed her key to the valet and walked into the club. Church had helped with tracking Luke down. Kaia however had cleverly reached out through the Dark Web. Something about a leak in the organization and outing key political figures involved in the organization. It was all bogus but enough to draw Luke out.

She made her way over to the bar and took a seat. Ordering a glass of bourbon she sat and waited for her mark to notice her. She held an air of satisfaction and elegance unlike the other underdressed women visiting the club that night.

(Just a reminder that her hair is shorter now)

The man had seemingly plastered himself against the wall, his eyes continuously scanning the room, almost wishing that he could have a drink of his own. While he enjoyed the club-life on his off hours and the Aqua Nite club was his more favored of pretty much any he had visited before, the circumstances left that bit of enjoyment out. He would pull his hand up and slide back his cuff, looking down at the watch on his wrist.

He was almost tempted to simply leave, dismissing the entire thing to be someone elses problem. He would let his arm drop as he would turn and start to make his way back toward the way he came. That was until he saw a flash from the past. His eyes which had been searching face to face was suddenly locked on one woman that had sat down at the bar.

Logan was awestruck and almost in disbelief. "No fucking way." It was almost as if a ghost had wandered into the room and he was the only one that saw her. He would look around, looking for some sort of trap but he had to know. He would straighten his jacket and take in a breath. There would be a high chance that death was going to be on the list once again for the night. He would move past the customers and dancers. As he grew closer, he would notice her curves of the dress that hugged her in an almost perfect way.

He would reach the bar, looking over the counter and raising a hand to the bartender and point to himself and Kaia and hold two fingers up. "Screwdriver on the rocks." He would stand there, looking forward, glancing over and speaking. "You cut your hair."

Kaia only glanced around the room once before turning back to her drink and waiting for Luke to find her. She played the scenario over and over in her head. He could react in so many ways and quite a number of them ended with her dead. She clutched her purse closer. Inside was a pistol just in case she needed it. The dress she wore didn't leave many places to hide a gun. Instead it was meant to create a false seems of security. If she couldn't hide the weapon she wouldn't be armed and maybe Luke's response wouldn't be a violent one.

Another reason she requested meeting at the club was because it was public. Hardly a chance she would get attacked without drawing attention to the situation. Kaia did realise though that by meeting Luke on his own turf she was at a slight disadvantage. She knew only one way out and that was through the door she came in. She had to remind herself that he didn't have back up like the last time and she wouldn't be caught off guard.

Kaia downed the bourbon a little faster than she would normally. She figured a little liquid courage would go a long way. She was about to order another one when she felt the presence of someone bigger than her sit down beside her. She knew instantly who it was. He ordered two screwdrivers and Kaia turned to face him. "Hello Luke." She said keeping any and all emotion out of her voice. "And you haven't changed at all...except maybe the expensive suit...Who did you have to kill to afford that?"

The bartender returned with the two drinks placing them down and then making himself scarce. Kaia ignored it, You look like you have seen a ghost Luke, don't worry I am very much alive." She continued, "Next time aim for the head just like you taught me to do." There was a hint of bitterness to her tone now. "I'm sure you have figured out that the information I used to get you here was a lie." Just as she said this a want brushed past very obviously checking Luke out. Kaia couldn't help the growl of annoyance. "Do you have somewhere private we can talk?"

Luke would lean forward, using his forearms to keep himself propped up. He would continue to keep his gaze forward as she greeted him. His head turning ever so slightly to show that he was in fact speaking with her but his gaze was cold. "Kaia." He would let a crack push its way to the corner of his lip as she spoke of the suit to which he would brush off the sleeve of unseen dust.

"Russian diplomat. Cost a pretty penny. Just not my penny." He found it quite interesting that he was even speaking with her. He simply did hope that it was just her and him that were there for the other. Heaven forbid if someone from Shadow caught wind of this little excursion. He didn't think he missed anyone the entire time he had been here and he was sure that unless they had come whilst he was speaking with her, they were safe. For a time.

As the bartender brought them their drinks and left, Luke took the glass in his hand, swirling it lightly in his grasp. As she spoke about him seeing a ghost he would take a sip and listen to her continue about aiming for the head. "Yeah, I think I've gathered that much." He would look forward once more but point at her with a finger extended from the glass. "I figured you would have wanted an open casket. I was being considerate." He would then bring the drink back to his lips as her tone dripped with a sharpness that sounded like she could stab him with words alone.

"Yeah, kinda figured that much too." He would answer about the false information. She would ask if there was anywhere they could speak in a more privatized area. Luke would reach behind him and pull out a billfold, placing it on the counter and motioning the bartender. "Follow me." He would remove himself from the counter and start across the club, coming to a stop not to far away in front of a large man that guarded a door. Luke would pull out a card and show it to the man. The man would give a simple nod as Luke would turn around and motion with his head for them to continue.

The door led to a room that seemed to be for the more privileged clientele. At the center of the room was a small square black table, a single three pronged candle stick rested at its center. Just above it was a chandelier that was only a few inches from the candlestick. A large wrap around couch was on one side with a single red chair on the other. There were various pillows and a large painting on the back of the wall. The entire room seemed to have one thing in common, red. Everything seemed to be a different hue of red but Luke cared little.

He would walk to one side of the wrap around couch and have a seat on the edge. He was more than interested in what it was she had to say, that would be an understatement for sure.

A pretty penny. Kaia couldn't help wondering how much her life had earned him. A pretty penny or perhaps she was just the initiation to a lifetime seat at the table. She gathered he must have gotten tired of putting his life in danger and not getting paid for it. Kaia could tell he was a little on edge probably wondering if anyone saw them together. She was suppose to be dead which means he failed his objective. She didn't care if they were seen.

Kaia actually laughed when he said he was being considerate and wanted to allow for an open casket funeral. The fun thing was not one would come. He had literally been her only family and friends. Her brother was dead and her mother passed away a few years later. No one from the agency would go because they were on an unsanctioned mission in a foreign country. They would have denied that she worked for them. The only person that would have gone was the one who pulled the trigger. "Well I guess I should thank you then, for being so considerate." She said raising her glass towards him and taking a sip.

It appeared he did have somewhere private for them to talk. Kaia go up and followed him to what seemed like the VIP section of the club. The room dripped with money she could tell that you had to be a big spender to be allowed the luxury of sitting here. She took in the decor. It all looked very expensive. The color red was prominent and made her think of a torture room.

Watching him sit down Kaia followed suit and sat down across from him. They were alone now. She wondered if the room was sound proof. Would they hear his screams if she decided to kill him. No Church needed him alive.

"Are you aware that there is a bounty out for your head?" She started, " A pretty penny actually, don't worry I'm not here to collect Luke." She place her hands on the table in front of her. "I thought I would warn you before you got yourself killed. Church wants you to come in alive. Our guess is that the hit was placed on you by someone in your organisation." She shouldn't care but she did. He had always been her weakness.

Luke sat with all the posture of a man whom had everything he might ever want. Relaxed, one arm on the back of the couch and the other resting on the knee that was crossed on top of his other leg. She was probably thinking if she could kill him right then and there in the room. He was thinking it and if she had kept any of the things he had taught her, finding the sweet spot was always key. Be it a location to take down a target, the best place for the killing blow, when and where to say the right thing. Sweet spots.

He would move the hand on the back of the couch to stroke the side of his cheek this his thumb as she mentioned a bounty. "I've gotten wind of it, yeah. Something to be expected in our line of work." While they used to do more undercover operations, Luke had moved up in the world and would get his hands dirty when he felt like it, unless the Shadow gave an order. His killings now were done more for the money and to keep his edge.

She did make sure to state that she was not there for said bounty to which he would chuckle. "Oh really?" He would watch as she actually seemed to give a warning to the man. She would then bring up Church and any sense of humor vanished from his face. He would straighten out his legs and move his elbows onto the table, moving his hands close to hers. "Kaia, you of all people know that if Church wants me alive, that is temporary if at all. What's happened between us in the past is something between us and I know that is why he got you to come. Church is just a different kind of master trying to train his dogs to bite who he wants. I took that collar off that night in the rain."

He seemed completely composed and not at all fazed by the news that someone wanted him dead. Kaia was not sure what she was expecting. Maybe a thank you for still giving a shit or some indication that he wanted out of the life. She shouldn't care. She had Benjamin and Mitch waiting back home waiting for her. She had delivered her warning and now she should go home.

"You don't believe me...you know me better than that Luke." If she was there to kill him she would never have waisted her time on pleasantries. She would have set up her sniper rifle across the street and taken him out while he was entering the building. There was no way she could win a hand to hand fight against him. As good as she was he was much bigger than her and pure muscle. She had lost her edge over the last few years.

"It was a warning Luke. I don't work for Church. The only reason I came was so that you would be aware that you popped back up on their radar and that you need to watch your back." She withdrew her hands from the table the moment he got too close. She stood up now wanting to put a little more distance between them. Smoothing her dress down, she listened as he compared Church and himself to a master and his dog. He brought up that night in the rain. Kaia tensed. "You traded you collar in for a new master Luke. Let's not pretend you are suddenly free. If you wanted out so badly you could told me instead of killing me." Her voice shook a little as she was starting to lose her edge. "Forget about Church or what master you now follow. Why did you do it."

Luke would listen as she seemed to be a bit spiteful against him and his would-be joke and he figured that it wasn't really something he could blame her for. The past was something that wasn't easy to forget and the past they had together held a grip on his life, even to this moment. He would nod as she spoke of him knowing better. Though, so much time had passed, he wasn't sure what habits she might have picked up or what she had been doing.

He was genuinely surprised when she not only spoke that it was a simple warning for his well being but even more so when she said she didn't work for Church. He would watch as she would withdraw from him and while he wouldn't say it, it stung but once again, he could not fault her actions. He would move his hands together, clasping them. "I know I might sound ungrateful. I'm not, thank you Kaia." Though, she was not done with him.

She would tell him that his just traded collars and nothing changed otherwise and that trying to kill her was an issue. He would stare at his hands as he heard the break in her voice and she demanded an answer. "What do you want me to say? Do you want me to tell you that I did it for me? That I did it for the job? That I made all those nights up?" He would let his thumbs rise while his hands were still locked together. "That all those nights were pointless? That I had this planned?"

He would stand up opposed to her with his arms at his sides. "Do you think that I don't see you every night? Those gunshots keeping me awake. I can't give you an answer that will put what I did right."

Luke thanked her for the warning but it felt hollow no material how genuine he was being. She didn't even look at him. It was clear that he did not understand the magnitude of the situation or if he did he didn't care that he was a walking target board. Church probably had a team on the way already. She had been well aware that when the agent appeared in her house that Church wasn't doing her a favor. That she was being used.

He had listened quietly to her as she attacked his choices. He wanted to know what she wanted to hear. Kaia scoffed when he brought up the possibility of his actions being for himself and the job. That everything they had shared was nothing. Kaia turned around now to face him. She tried to bite back on the emotions but she couldn't. "Were they pointless? Was I a game to you? I was just a name on your list. Fuck my best friends sister...tick now I can dispose of her."

"I want to know if you missed on purpose. If it was to keep me safe. That could be almost forgivable. You left me there broken and alone...I had to drag myself to the road for help. I lived in fear that you would find out I was still alive and you would come for us." She took a step closer to him and jabbed her finger to his chest, "Don't give me that bullshit that it haunts you. I was nothing but a quick screw and completely disposable. I don't even know why I care that someone wants you dead. Maybe I just wanted to see the look in your eyes when you realised you failed."

(Drama Lama)

He had hoped that he would never have to see her alive, that he would simply have to get through the nights by himself with a bottle to push him into the unknown without a nightmare following him. Explaining himself was something that he had long forgotten by this point. He never thought that he would have to, not to anyone that mattered.

But she would not let him. She would spit venom at him, accusing him of playing games with her heart. Bringing up her brother to which would get his attention all the more "Hey!" Though, she would not let that stop her. She would ask if the shots he fired down at her missed on purpose and then she would move into his personal space, jabbing a finger against his chest which he would turn to look off to the side.

She continued to push and push until he would quickly throw his hand down to take hold of the woman's wrist and in the same motion, his hand would reach into his holster, drawing the gun. "I left you alive! I did what I had to do! I did what you should have done if you were in my place!" He would spin the gun in his hand and force it into her own, pressing the barrel at his chest. "You think I fail?! I don't fail Kaia! You know that better than any person on this god forsaken earth and if you think I did, go ahead! Pull the trigger. Pull the fucking trigger!" He would push his chest out slightly against the gun barrel.

There was a saying. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Kaia realized that she had gone off script but she didn't care. She was scorned. She knew it was a cheap blow to bring up her brother. She felt on the slight pang of guilt but he needed that reminder that she wasn't just some girl he had hurt. Despite his objection she continued to push him. Five years of hurt and abandonment bubbling to the surface. She wanted him to know and feel just some of the anguish she was feeling.

It was only when he his hand was clasped around her wrist that she halted her verbal attack. Luke's grip was firm enough to keep her from pulling her hand away. Kaia narrowed her eyes as she watched him draw the gun from his holster. If he hadn't killed her then he sure was going to now. She stared at him defiantly as his words hit home. She felt the gun being pushed into her hand. Realization hit her like a ton of bricks. The gun wasn't facing her. The barrel was pushed up against his chest and she had her finger on the trigger.

He didn't fail. Never since they started working together had he ever not completed the mission or missed a target. He knew exactly how and where to make a person hurt and he sure did know where to shoot someone to make an execution look real. She looked from the gun in her hand back up to him. Her hand shook but she managed to drop the hand clasped gun to her side. She wasn't here to kill him. Instead the retired spy leaned forward burying her face in his chest. "If I was in your place...I would have failed you."

After a moment Kaia straightened herself up and handed his gun back to him. "You need to go now. Church will have a team on the way in case I couldn't bring you in."

The tension in the room was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. The raw emotions that flooded against each of them was almost a bit much but it all needed to be done. She needed to let out her frustrations and he wasn't sure how to properly do it but with the one way he knew how. Bloodshed. He had carved off that relationship from her when he pulled the trigger in the rain. Why wouldn't another trigger sew together what little may have remained. He didn't want to die but he was never going to back down from the aspect.

He took lives and one day, someone would either take his or he might even do it himself. So why not have a bullet shot from his own gun by someone he trusted once upon a time? Her gaze would falter, looking to the weapon in her hands and then to him once more, her hand starting to tremble. Her hand would fall along with the pistol, her head finding a home against his chest. He would look down at her, arms surrounding her, a hand stroking the back of her head in a soothing motion.

"You've never failed me before. I wouldn't put you in that spot, that's why I had to put that weight on my shoulders." He would release her as she would move back and hold his gun out to him, telling him that Church had surely already sent a team to find him if she didn't bring him. Luke would take the gun and slide it back into his holster. "Oh, I'm sure Church did. Never was one to put too many eggs in one basket. They don't have your charming personality though. So, how about this..." He had no intention of being under Church's thumb again but he didn't want Kaia to take the brunt of the repercussions.

"The way I see it. We got two options. You take me in and we see just how this plays out together." He would move himself over to the entrance and peek his head out to see if there were any people walking around before continuing. " Or bodies start dropping. I'm not a real big fan of choices but I figure we have, what, five minutes or so."

Kaia hadn't killed anyone in 5 years. This was not to say she wouldn't if she was forced to but having Benjamin made her respect life a little more. It had taken a long time to reign her in though. For the first two years she was jumpy and quick tempered. Mitch said it was PTSD and that with time she would get better. Now Kaia got rid of her frustration through intense workouts at the gym. It was not as satisfying as getting her hands dirty but it worked. The idea of killing Luke was never an option. Not even when she was bleeding out in the rain did she think about revenge. It was like deep down she knew that her partner had a plan.

The moment she felt his arms embrace her Kaia felt calm. Once upon a time he had made her feel safe, like there was nothing else in the world he wouldn't do to keep her safe. Even if it meant shooting her. Handing back the gun was merely a sign of trust. She did have some anxiety about turning her back on him just in case he decided to get rid of her again. Her being alive did threaten his reputation. He wouldn't have to worry though because she would be gone again soon.

Kaia didn't know what to do. She was willing to let Luke go but he was willing to let her take him in and hand him over to Church. Church was just as dangerous as the Shadows and he did not like losing his best operative to the other side. The Organisation had something on her though and she couldn't be sure her family would be safe if she didn't do what they said. She doubted Luke would run if he knew her secret either.

"I could take you in, no casualties. I will stay with you until I know why he wants you alive. If things become unpleasant...I will help you get out...It's dangerous for me to return without you. We have a..." Kaia paused thinking hard on what she was about to say but decided to not to reveal the truth. "Small window here...we have to go now. Do I have to worry about any back up that might be waiting out that door?:

Luke had killed too many in the five years. While his time before that was filled with bloodshed, after he joined the ranks of Shadow, it was a bloodbath from the word go. His skills already made him a valuable asset but when he proved that he could kill someone close to him without asking questions, his worth skyrocked. The longer time went on, the fewer and fewer eyes he had to snuff out and it started to become more of a hobby where he began to pick whom it was that needed to be removed. Each death was meant to further himself in Shadow and that is what he would tell himself every time. Everything needed a reason.

The man would look down at his wrist, pulling back the sleeve in order to get a better look at his watch when Kaia would lay out the options before them. Taking him in would be the path of least resistance and her reassurance that she would stay with him till things hit the fan and they would figure out a way together. She was right, returning without him wouldn't end well for her and pause before saying that they didn't have a lot of time.

"Let's see just what it is that Church wants." He knew that it would end with someone's blood but he was hoping that maybe a simple beating and interrogation would be the end result, he had plenty of experience in that area and figured that he could take it if it came down to it. Luke would nod to her as she spoke of backup. "Shadow runs the club but it isn't something they keep an eye on. If something big happens, they'll come but if we get out now, no one should know any better."

Luke would hold his hand out to Kaia to take before peeking outside to make sure that it was still clear. "We'll head out the back and into the alley. I've got a car at the end for situations like this."

Kaia followed Luke out the back of the club. She retrieved the burner phone from her purse and sent a simple emoji thumbs up. Church would know to tell his team to stand down and that she was enroute to the pick up point with the asset. It all made her feel a little nostalgic. She tossed the burner into a dumpster as they made it out to the alley before taking Luke's hand. Keeling up with him was a little hard to do on her stilettos, then again she was out of practice. The old Kaia could kick some serious but and still run a mile on high heels.

They were almost at the end of the alley when a black SUV pulled up to block their exit. Her first thought was that Church jumped the bucket and sent his team after them anyway. But when she saw the men get out of the car she noticed they were not dressed in black BDUs. She stopped dead letting go of Luke's hand. Fear gripped her as she was transported back to that night. Would they recognize her? Her eyes desperately sought Luke. Had he betrayed her?

"Luke? What's going on?" She asked. Her voice a little shaky. "Are these your friends?" Kaia did the only thing she could think of and that was not to go into panic or kill mode. She had to throw them off her scent and in order to do that she couldn't be herself. "Baby...what's going on. I thought we were going back to yours? Don't tell me you have to work again." She pouted hoping that he was not betraying her and would play along.

Luke figured that the didn't have that much time to spare as he would lead the way for Kaia to follow, never looking back once. He started to break back into the way they used to be as if not a single day had passed. He trusted her at his back and he had enough faith in her to keep pace. Though, he could hear the sounds of her heels echoing just a bit further away with each step.

They had almost made it down the alley and his car would be just around the corner when suddenly, a black SUV would halt them in their tracks. "Shit." Luke would move a hand up slightly, not going for the gun yet unless things really got to that point. As the doors opened, her would give a glare at the men that exited the vehicle. This was just great but it was then that Kaia would speak up, calling him baby and it instantly clicked as he would turn around, laughing hesitantly. "Nah babe, we are just going to take a little detour is all."

Luke would turn his attention back toward the men before one of the men would throw a solid hook that would land square across his jaw. Luke's body would throw itself into a spin when one of the men would grab one of his arms. He would look to Kaia and mouth Go with it. as one of the men would reach out and take hold of Kaia's arm, seemingly assuming she was just some woman he was going to take home so he wasn't expecting much resistance besides a frail woman kicking and screaming but nothing he couldn't handle. The men would aim to throw the two of them into the back of the SUV seats and slam the doors, burning tires would screech as the black SUV would speed off with them in it.

Kaia wasn't sure what was going on. This was not the plan. Judging from Luke's reaction, he had no idea either. She could only hope that this would not end badly and Luke could talk them out of it. He did pick up on her game though and with relief played along. "I don't want to go on a detour." She said as one of the men took her by the arms,"Hey let go of me!" She struggled against the man not making it at all easy for him to grip her.

After managing to get free she turned just in time to see Luke take the punch and hit the ground. He motioned for her to play along but she wasn't able to stop herself from saying his name with some concern in her voice. She tried to go to him but the man who had been try to grab her picked Kai up around the waist. She kicked her legs pretending to struggle. She could easily get out of his grip if she wanted to but she played along.

They were tossed into the back of a the SUV which pulled away fast. "Where are we going?" Kaia asked as she tried to straighten herself. Her dress didn't leave much room for movement. "This is the worst first date ever, I just wanted to have a good time." She glared over at Luke. These were his people so he was the one she was relying on him to get them out of this mess. Church would not be happy at her failure to deliver.

Luke was shook by the strike and before he knew it, they were thrown into the SUV with a speed that would make one's head spin and more over, few people would actually have noticed. That was the way they tended to do things, quick and easy. Luke would shift himself around so that he could finally sit in a more comfortable position but he was glad that Kaia did follow along. If he didn't know better, he would actually taken her for a common woman the way she screamed and struggled. Though, that would be something he would bring up later, for the time being, the situation at hand was more important. Luke would clear his throat, swallowing a bit of blood that had accumulating in his mouth before speaking.

"So, who was it?" There were four men in total. The driver, the passenger and two more men sitting in front of Luke and Kaia. The men would turn around and stare for just a moment before the one that had struck him would remove the dark sun glasses from his eyes. It was almost as if he had declared that it was him that caused the bleeding that was starting to be pester Luke. Luke would simply get the man's face into his mind. Luke would look back to Kaia and before he was able to get out a word, they took a turn and the vehicle would show to a stop. The men would exit the car in almost unified fashion and open the back, simply standing there, staring at the two.

Luke would glance between them till he found the man in the shades and he would slowly remove himself from the back without the assistance of the men. As his feet were placed flat on the ground, he would straighten his jacket as if it had far more importance than the situation he was in. It was in the midst of his straighten his jacket that he would just as quickly lunge out, landing a solid punch across the man's face that would cause him to fall to the ground, trying to keep a cough from breaking past his lips. Luke would bounce back into a somewhat straightened posture as he stared down at the man. "Don't you ever fucking go for my jaw you useless piece of shit." The remaining three men would simply stand there, watching everything that was transpiring before them with seemingly no will to interfere.

Luke would spit off to the side with a mix of saliva and blood as he would turn around, holding his hand out toward Kaia. "It's okay sweety, you're okay here. There was just a...misunderstanding. I'm sorry for the scare." The men would give glances toward the woman but once again, they said nothing except for one. "Sir, are we to expect this to be-" Luke would throw a hand out, a single finger raised as if to hush the man from continuing. "We're good. If it comes down to it, I'll handle it. Just go and get me the phone." The man would give a quick nod and turn, walking quickly off into the rather dark warehouse. By this time, the man that had been struck had pushed himself up onto a knee, a bit of blood dripping from his lips but trying to make as little of a sound as possible.

The SUV came to stop at a warehouse bringing back more bad memories. Luke got out followed by the three men. She heard them talking all while she plucked the courage to get out of the the SUV with enough time for Luke to throw a heavy blow at the man who had decked him. She bit her lips and balled her fists waiting for the fight to break out. It didn't.

Luke then turned towards her and held out his hand. He called her sweety which was a term hardly ever used to describe Kaia. She was anything but sweet, though she continued the act even though she was slightly irritated by the bimbo role. Taking his hand. He continued to speak to the men giving them instructions to fetch his phone. Kaia gave him a look that demanded answers because the last time she was in a setting like this it did not end very well.

"Expect this to be what Luke?" Kaia hissed under her breath so that only Luke could hear her. She had sat quietly for the rest of the drive not knowing where they were going. None of the interactions made sense to her. Luke had gone from taking a fist to the face and then to barking orders like he ran the shots. She wondered if this was all a ploy to avoid being taken to Church. Kaia was well aware that he could have signalled any one of his goons or sent a message. She had always hated other having all the pieces.

Luke would peek down as Kaia was surely surprised at all that was going on around her but having enough composure in order to keep her true nature under wraps. He would let a smile crack just slightly as she would hiss her words at him to which he would give her a wink and looked back toward the remaining men. "Go and get some water." He would then point toward the man whom had finally gotten up from the ground. "You, go and make sure the entrance is secure."

There were just simple nods as the men would take their leave, Luke going and taking a seat on the bumper of the SUV, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a solid black card that looked like it would be some sort of credit card. He would hold it in his hands, then looking to Kaia as he would start sliding the card around in between his fingers. He would speak but softly "This is the kind of power the Shadow has. This is the reward for the prices I've paid. What reason I've been called her for..." There would be a pause in his words. "...let's just hope that it's just coincidence."

It was hard to hide. Her true nature. Even though she could pretend to be clueless her mind worked over time. She only needed one of the guards. She could relieved him of his weapon, take out both of the other men and run. He rind worked out an exit plan just in case she would need one. Being here was too much of a risk and although she managed keep her composure there was an internal struggle between fight or flight. Kaia was seriously beginning to regret coming to look for Luke.

She thought about what she would be doing right then if she were home. Tucking her son, their son into bed and then enjoying a glass of wine with her fiancΓ©. Not here in the cold confused as to what was going on and with the serious potential to die with her ex-lover. He didn't answer her question all he was smile and the order some men to get some water. What was the water for? She wasn't thirsty. She was getting frustrated now.

Luke releases her hand now going to sit on the bumper of the SUV. Kaia looked towards the warehouse wondering why he wasn't going in there for. Why did they have to secure the entrances. What was Luke waiting for? Kaia took a step closer to him as he now played with a black card. "For money?" She asked taking another step towards him. It looked like a black credit card but she couldn't be sure. Kaia took another step towards him now close enough she brought her arms to his waist and leaned in brushing her lips to his before leaning into his ear as if whispering something into her lovers ear. "I don't know what game you are playing but if you don't tell me what's going on soon I am going to take your gun, shoot you and your men and go home." She whispered into his ear. Her hand was on his holster gun even though it just looked like she was a clingy chic with her arms around his waist. His jacket hid her hands. Kaia pretended to flirt a little more by playfully tugging on his earlobe with her teeth. For all his men could tell she could have been telling him how turned on she was.

Luke had to wonder about the entire reason for this little phone call from Shadow. He usually had these sorts of things on his own time table but he hadn't had to do something like this grab in awhile. He would assume that it was either a serious matter of that there was someone who needed his more unique executioner skill set. The timing was something that still put him off just a bit though he would not show it.

There were many things that he was trying to juggle in his mind. Shadow, Kaia, Church. A trifecta of a mess to be sure and he had to juggle them carefully. Each able to become an almost life threatening experience if he stepped over the wrong line. Kaia's scent would come over him as he would be brought back into the here and now as she would speak about money. "Money. Power. Pretty much the two things that can really be used in this world we live in."

She would come closer to him, her lips coming closer to his ear as he would let a smile come over his lips as she whispered in his ear. He would look over at her without moving his head, a hand moving out to slide along her arm as he would respond in a hushed whisper. "I'd love to see that. Do you really think you'll be able to get that gun out and a single round fired at this range?" He would let his hand come down to her hips. "Keep this up and you'll find yourself in a hospital again...I'd rather not."

Kaia couldn't help rolling her eyes when he mentioned money and power being the only two things that could be used in the world. She never knew him to be so power hungry. She remembered when it was their job to stop power grabbing people. "I've managed without power and money. There are more important things in life like love, honor and trust." The emphasis was on trust. Kaia didn't know if she could trust him. It was clear where his alliance was.

Being close to Luke made her heart beat a little faster. Kaia had to remind herself that she was only playing a role but when she felt his hand moving down her arm, she felt a shiver run down her spine. A smirk spread across her lips at the challenge. "You always did underestimate me Luke." She looked down at his hand now resting on her hip and raised a brow.The warmth of his hand there bought back memories. She couldn't help but chuckle at his warning, "Lets not make threats hun, you don't have the element of surprise this time round." She kissed him on the cheek then slid out of his grasp just as the man he had sent to fetch his phone came back with the phone.

"I will let you get your call the sweetheart." She said in a fake cheery voice giving his goon a disgusted look up and down. She was sizing him up and was pretty sure she could take him. All three of their kidnappers and then she could take Luke with her, turn him in and find out what Church wanted with him. Kaia didnt wander of too far. She wanted to hear what his phone call was about.

Luke could feel the way that she ended her trifecta on trust. It stung, like a knife that had been left in a wound slowly starting to be moved after finally getting used to the pain. It was something that he felt he deserved so he had no rebuttal for her. The idea of her simply being alive had already caused him to be thrown off his usual game but who could blame the man. The walking dead tended to stay down and the most someone could do is find ways to temperately forget, though, that was going to be hard now.

Her being so close had reminded him of so many nights, the two of them turning a room upside down. The familiar hair was shorter now than it was then, the tangled mess after a long night had always been a welcomed sight. It kept him anchored into a reality that he had thrown out the window before he had met her. Now they were here, a limbo of uncertainty with enemies on the verge of collapsing in upon them. He had to keep his wits about him and think of this in terms of the long run.

Her words about him looking down on her would let a similar smile cross his lips. He had, in the past think her lesser. Not because she was a woman but he just thought himself that damn good that he would underestimate pretty much any and everyone. As she left a kiss on his cheek, he would wink at her leaving. "But surprises are just part of the game, like always." He would chuckle as she would look at one of the men with a look of disgust. He knew what she was doing and it was hilarious from his point of view knowing that.

It was almost a minute after that a man came back with a black smart phone, handing it to Luke. He would unlock the phone and a single number was already pulled up and ready to be called. With a single press, the call was sent and Luke pull it to his ear. There was a moment before he would talk.

"Hello......Oh, it's you......I know but I wasn't aware that I'd be on call lik-.........yeah..........I understand that bu-..........are you sure that the intel isn't faulty?" He would glance up to Kaia. "I've heard that sometimes these things can't hold to face value............I get it, I just wanted to put out a word of caution. Better safe than sorry..........I'll get it done, you know I will.......just, don't go sending people out when I'm trying to unwind, that's how accidents really happen......................"

He would pull the phone away from his ear, looking down at it. He would throw it up into the air to be caught by one of the men before pulling himself up, straightening his jacket. "Okay, so. Today is going to be a bit of on the go workday." He would clap his hands together and rub them, looking to Kaia. "Honey, I think we need to get going to drop you off at daddy's house because he starts to notice you're gone. But before that...we need to clean up."

He would wait for a moment, to wait for her to be closest to one of the men before stopping in front of the man that he had thrown the phone too, whom was pulling it apart to get the chip out. Luke would pull his left arm straight back and throw a solid cross hook to the side of the man's head. The man didn't even have the time to register what was going on before he was surely seeing nothing but black.

Back
Top Bottom