Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Farewell, Dark Angel

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
18,557
Location
Why do you care?
#51
Sanctuary said:
Wish you the best of luck DA, and may you always have an adventure to be had and a story to be told wherever you go. ^_^
Thank you so much! I plan on having many adventures!! : )

jamilover said:
You were an awesome admin! I am sad to see you go!
Awww....many thanks. Stepping down is bittersweet, but a needed thing for me. I'm considering it to be the start of the next chapter.
 

Gashnaw

Supernova
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
1,999
Location
In front of My computer
#52
Of course you have had an impact, you were there since my beginning on this site. It will be very weird to see a new head admin, but alas i feel i formed at least some sort of friendship with you.

I am glad to know that you had support of the owner on your side. It is a lot more reassuring.
 

Karameida

Gruff Valkyrie
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Messages
3,767
#53
There really aren't any words. :Hugs her a whole bunch: You taught me so much and helped me grow into a person I could be happy with and gave me a place to belong when I felt I had nowhere. There will never be enough words or gratitude to show how thankful I am. I am extremely happy that I joined this site and was able to become friends with you, with someone I looked up to. You've been an amazing influence on me. : Hugs her again :

I know this is a bit....mushy? I suppose but I wanted you to know that I am really grateful for everything you have done for me and for this site.
 

White-wolf

Monster bae collector
Joined
Sep 20, 2013
Messages
2,031
Location
Planet Earth....uh...
#54
I'm not really an active part of the community and mostly just lurk in the request or PM's section. However... thank you for everything you have done to keep this site up and running. It's no easy task and you handled it amazingly, never once have I had issues with this site or another user. So to send you off I wish your life to be a good and happy one 8)
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
87
#55
darkangel76 said:
Sanctuary said:
Wish you the best of luck DA, and may you always have an adventure to be had and a story to be told wherever you go. ^_^
Thank you so much! I plan on having many adventures!! : )

jamilover said:
You were an awesome admin! I am sad to see you go!
Awww....many thanks. Stepping down is bittersweet, but a needed thing for me. I'm considering it to be the start of the next chapter.
I don't know if I could ever stop roleplaying! I love it so much! It's such a huge decision to move on from it! But I wish you all the best! <3
 

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
18,557
Location
Why do you care?
#56
Gashnaw said:
Of course you have had an impact, you were there since my beginning on this site. It will be very weird to see a new head admin, but alas i feel i formed at least some sort of friendship with you.

I am glad to know that you had support of the owner on your side. It is a lot more reassuring.
You have me blushing...a lot. >///< And of course we did!!! <3

Yes, I did and those who matter know what my vision was and what I and those who helped along the way worked hard to build here. That will be taken into account as things move forward. So yeah. I don't see any super major changes occurring...at least nothing jarring. @_@ That would make ME sad!!! So, I say it again...do not fret! : )

Karameida said:
There really aren't any words. :Hugs her a whole bunch: You taught me so much and helped me grow into a person I could be happy with and gave me a place to belong when I felt I had nowhere. There will never be enough words or gratitude to show how thankful I am. I am extremely happy that I joined this site and was able to become friends with you, with someone I looked up to. You've been an amazing influence on me. : Hugs her again :

I know this is a bit....mushy? I suppose but I wanted you to know that I am really grateful for everything you have done for me and for this site.
<3333333333
Awwww...thanks, Kara. I'm glad to have played a role both as a mentor and friend for you. Remember, there's always more to learn...we never stop. Stay humble, listen to everyone, no matter who/what/everything, be confident and efficient, know when to push vs concede. Things are never black and white, but heed your gut. It tends to be right most of the time, hehe. ; )

*lots and lots of hugs*

White-wolf said:
I'm not really an active part of the community and mostly just lurk in the request or PM's section. However... thank you for everything you have done to keep this site up and running. It's no easy task and you handled it amazingly, never once have I had issues with this site or another user. So to send you off I wish your life to be a good and happy one 8)
Lurking is good! Nothing wrong with it. And who knows, maybe you'll come out of lurkdom at some point! hehe! But whatever works for you, glad you seem to be enjoying what this place has to offer. That's the main thing. Always! Also, thank you for your kind words and your well wishes. They are very muchly (haha, I'm my own lexicographer!) appreciated! : )

jamilover said:
darkangel76 said:
Sanctuary said:
Wish you the best of luck DA, and may you always have an adventure to be had and a story to be told wherever you go. ^_^
Thank you so much! I plan on having many adventures!! : )

jamilover said:
You were an awesome admin! I am sad to see you go!
Awww....many thanks. Stepping down is bittersweet, but a needed thing for me. I'm considering it to be the start of the next chapter.
I don't know if I could ever stop roleplaying! I love it so much! It's such a huge decision to move on from it! But I wish you all the best! <3
Well, RPing means many things to each individual. For me, it was a way to improve how I wrote. It allowed me to learn how others tackle writing, explored their creativity, developed characters and worlds, put ideas together, pushed limits in what they'd do, etc etc. It was a way for me to learn so many things and really become introspective in terms of what writing meant to me and how I could develop my style and push what I'd be willing to try writing. So, I thank each and every person who was willing to write with me....whether we wrote a few posts together, a slew of posts, finished a story (believe it or not, there might have been one or two!), or just brainstormed concepts....YOU each helped me in that regard. So thanks! : )

And once again, thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate it. XD
 

Gashnaw

Supernova
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
1,999
Location
In front of My computer
#58
darkangel76 said:
Gashnaw said:
Of course you have had an impact, you were there since my beginning on this site. It will be very weird to see a new head admin, but alas i feel i formed at least some sort of friendship with you.

I am glad to know that you had support of the owner on your side. It is a lot more reassuring.
You have me blushing...a lot. >///< And of course we did!!! <3

Yes, I did and those who matter know what my vision was and what I and those who helped along the way worked hard to build here. That will be taken into account as things move forward. So yeah. I don't see any super major changes occurring...at least nothing jarring. @_@ That would make ME sad!!! So, I say it again...do not fret! : )
HA, victory is mine

But yea, you mentioned that a lot of your team did not agree with your decision. That is the reason I was worried. Figured anyone else who took the role as lead admin would incur the majority vote. (Which was not what you had done in the end.)
 

Karameida

Gruff Valkyrie
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Messages
3,767
#59
@ DA -- I will always keep that in mind, I am happier with myself but there is always room for improvement and I do what I can to improve where I can. I can definitely promise that I will not let things go to my head, I wanted to do this so I could help like you did and give back some to the community. I make sure not to lose sight of that thought/motivation. Besides, I've NO doubts that if I started getting a swelled head all my friends would definitely tell me bluntly and pop my ego to a normal size XDDD!!! None of you guys tolerate that kind of BS, which I like lol!

@Gashnaw -- its not really my conversation but I wanted to, reassure? you I suppose, that while there have been a couple points where me and DA's views differed, they didn't happen often and most of mine were misunderstandings that were corrected. I dearly love the community DA helped create here and even though I am not taking her place, as a member of staff, I have 0 intention of letting anyone change it drastically or in a way that would go against everything she managed to accomplish.
 

Gashnaw

Supernova
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
1,999
Location
In front of My computer
#60
Karameida said:
@Gashnaw -- its not really my conversation but I wanted to, reassure? you I suppose, that while there have been a couple points where me and DA's views differed, they didn't happen often and most of mine were misunderstandings that were corrected. I dearly love the community DA helped create here and even though I am not taking her place, as a member of staff, I have 0 intention of letting anyone change it drastically or in a way that would go against everything she managed to accomplish.
Thank you, that is very reassuring. It was my biggest concern with DA leaving was that all she has done over the past (at least) 8 years would be changed due to conflicting opinions.
 
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
3,208
Location
East Coast of U.S.
#61
I remember when you first asked me to lead the Welcoming Committee team, DA. I wasn't sure I wanted the responsibility but I took it, partly because of our friendship and partly because I knew how much you wanted to turn the site around. While we didn't always agree on how things should be run, and I ultimately stepped down, I'm still proud to have served under your leadership and, more importantly, to have called you a friend. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you pursue next!
 

Praxis

Ophidian Aspect
Joined
Apr 13, 2014
Messages
57
Location
PNW
#65
o_O

What was this place like before she took over? I'm picturing some kind of slithering hellscape full of headless barbies and penis abominations.
 
Joined
Mar 3, 2018
Messages
2
Location
USA
#67
I may have only just joined in this community, but my stay here has been nice so far and from all the love I've read in from many others, it's all thanks to you Darkangel76. I tip my hat to you ma'am and hope you have a good life[/align]
 

NikolaiB

Super-Earth
Joined
Jan 2, 2013
Messages
238
Location
Hell
#69
Drinking in your honor DA you did a great job with this community and forum, may your future endeavors be just as succesful if not more.
 
Top Bottom