Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

X-Com: Realistic Ironman

The idea is simple:

Up to four people will play the Commander and three squad leaders. As the GM, I will decide if combat actions are successful or unsuccessful, as well as control the NPCs (the support personnel as well as the soldiers under the players´ command).

The setting is modern day Earth. The conditions are realistic. Travel time, deployment, weather conditions, equipment weight, support units and technology and the relations of X-Com and its supporting countries with those where operations take place will all matter to an extent, and can be fiddled with by the players. You can decide what equipment you want to take down to the smallest details (laser sights, caliber, ammunition, etc...). In fact, the roleplay will start with you deciding where you want to build X-Com´s first base, how, when and why. Do you want to operate out of an active military base for logistical ease? Out of a deactivated base to make use of facilities already in place with a degree of deniability? Or maybe you don´t even want to build a base on land and instead prefer to use a ship or a derelict oil platform?

The details you want to include, I will try to make them matter.

Combat will take place on Flashearth maps annotated and with simple icons. Cover, concealment, lines of fire and height will all be taken into account. And of course, because this is X-Com... people can be expected to die.

I do ask for one thing from my players: each of you should give me four or five 200x200 avatars that I can use for the soldiers. I will shuffle them and assign them names, backstories and very simple stats that will be used as guidelines for both you and me to work with. If you want to join the game but can´t be bothered with this, don´t complain when my filthy weeaboo tendencies slap anime characters onto your butt.

Also, given how... impractical it would be for me to control NPCs having sex with all of you at the same time, I do hope you will join this with sex with NPCs as a distant second priority. We can work this issue out, I´m sure, but for the time being I´d rather keep that under control.

So that´s it. If you always wondered how a combination of Delta Force, Navy SEALs, GIGN, GSG-9, SAS, Spetsnaz and Mossad operatives would do against the alien menace... then hop aboard.

Back
Top Bottom