Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Temple [JessieDlux/Carnal]

Carnal

Moon
Josh Langdon was thirty feet beneath the earth of the Guatemalan jungle, enclosed in a pitch-dark space barely a half-inch taller than his shoulders, barely able to move vertically let alone sit up. The tiny cavern in which he lay dripped with rainwater; he was covered with grime and filth that he'd collected on his way down from the surface. He stank; he was hot, he could barely move...

And he was having the time of his life.

He was a spelunker - a particular breed of explorer fond of crawling into the deep chasms of the earth and wriggling through those hard, rocky places that even non-claustrophobics would experience panic attacks just looking at. All but immobilized by thirty feet of earth, Josh's headlamp brightly shined on a narrower section of the passage ahead of him - narrow even for his shoulders.

Some people would back up...which, in Josh's case - as there was no space at all in which to turn his body around - would have required him to wriggle backwards five hundred feet, tugging his backpack along with him all the way. But not Josh Langdon...no, this business major at Northwestern University on holiday had a particular love for feeling trapped deep within the earth having to wriggle his way out of a problem, with only the tantalizing prospect of discovering some bat-infested grotto deep under the earth's surface that no human being had ever seen before.

So, instead, the young man fought to stretch his arms ahead of himself to fit through the space not wide enough even for his shoulders, coiled his backpack - behind him down the cavern - around his foot, and wriggled onward, grunting and snarling and sweating as he forced his way through the painfully narrow subterranean channel.

He saw, in the distance with his headlamp - after perhaps thirty minutes of being unable to move his arms, legs, or torso in any controlled direction - an opening. He cried out with the ecstasy of a boy realizing a boyhood dream, beating his fist against the surface of the cavern, wriggling faster through the passage until he came to the bottom and felt...stonework. A human-crafted brick meant to be the floor of some structure.

He was there panting for a few moments before he had any idea what it was; he ran his hand over the surface of it, wondrously, breathing against the moist, porous surface of the stone. What had he stumbled across? Some ancient Maya ruins? He lifted his headlamp upwards; the cavern kept widening and rising until he could crawl, then stoop, then stand, stepping across the stonework, only the light of the headlamp ahead of him giving him the least direction and the least ability to see.

He slung his backpack around his shoulders when he could stand; it followed - from what he had just accomplished - that he was a rugged, muscled specimen of a man - however lean, in order to fit through these tight passages. There was not a speck of fat on the creature, though this was hardly apparent in the padding and thick-woven long-sleeves and long pants he wore, especially made for this sort of exploring. His face was sweaty and covered in grime, but it had an undeniable handsomeness to it that his girlfriend loved to kiss; a strong cheekbone, a square jaw, and a pair of sapphire eyes that shimmered even in the light of his headlamp, which clung to a scalp of short-cut, black hair.

The earth of the cavern gave way to carved walls; he wasn't alarmed when he saw grotesque imagery carved into the stonework - images of what seemed like snakes, serpents or...caterpillars wriggling along the stone walls. He reached out freely to touch it...his heart thumped loudly as he experienced that adventurous feeling that he'd spent his whole life longing for.

He flashed his headlamp onward, grinning as he fingered the straps on his backpack slung over his shoulders. He headed deeper.

[Wow, you certainly do multi-para. Well, I hope I can keep up. It has been awhile since I've had to make such an effort.]

At the end of those endless corridors he had worked so hard to find, would be easily a coveted treasure, that would covet his finding it as much as he would.

The sight alone could humble any man, the large temple dwarfing a person by unfathomed amounts. At any time of the day, somehow, light filtered into the massive hall, and were one to look up to find it's source, it just seemed to be there. The ceiling nearly could be assumed nonexistent, aside from the lines that looked to be holding back the sun itself from hurdling into the amazing room. The lines being the panes that held windows that seemed to either be broken from time's wear, or somehow still untouched by all things.

It was believable that this place had been left alone for all the time between people having been there last and now, there was hardly a crack in the carvings of the large idols held within separate altars branching off shortened distances from the main hall. The pillars that supported the beautiful structure had immaculate carvings of their own, of ships and people, and women, beautiful women with the lower bodies of caterpillars. Though any oddities could be passed over, these were ancient people, after all.

From the start of this hall, it looked to go on for eternity, really, it only went on for one or two miles. At the end of it all was the true treasure. The altar consisted of a tall pillar carved out of a wall, in between two windows leading up to the ceiling, which was stone and blocked all light here, the windows being the only light source here, casting a purple light over everything. There seemed to be a strange set of carvings in the walls next to the pillar, and on the walls around the shrine itself, entirely absent of artist value, they seemed to be for other use...

At the center of the top of the pillar, seemed to be an immaculate artwork of it's own, the most astounding depiction of a woman, most of her held within a strange bundle of some odd set of wires, or string maybe. She was beautiful, and her hair looked to be in the aftermath of once being elaborately done up in an artistic way of it's own. She looked to be in odd sorts for an artist to have carved her in...

She had no memory when she had woken up the first time, she immediately started panicking though, as to be expected. She worked for hours, just barely having managed to get her arms out of the strange material that held her. It was then she tired, she was starving, and exhausted. She had been able to fall out again, right there, suspended on the wall.

In the light, not much could be said for her skin color, her hair, or soon enough, her eye color. It wasn't a terrible mistake to think her to have been part of the art installation that this place was in itself, but upon hearing his approach, the sounds of another person, she hadn't heard in an unmeasurable time, it'd take a fool not to see her for the living being she was when she reared up and looked down at him. A look of disbelief, desperation, and a hint of fear on her thin, young, beautiful face as she looked down at him, trying to establish a sentence as she held and pulled against the strange material that yet encased her from the chest down. She looked at him a long time, a various set of thoughts and ideas on what to say running through her mind before she worked out something she thought would work find, and called out in an oddly classy archaic English accent;

"Help me!"

The chamber continued to widen - and heighten - as the stonework gave way to a larger pyramidal structure. Rays of light from the surface far above filtered down through the dark, dank corridor through networks of tree roots that sprawled out at the base of the jungle. Josh's feet splashed through murky puddles as he trudged along through the temple, waving the bright headlamp from side to side as he peered with a tourist's fascination at the artwork lining the deep corridor's walls.

Josh was not a student of Maya or Olmec or any antiquities whatsoever - he had no expectation of finding some ancient Mesoamerican temple at the end of his subterranean adventure. He stood for a while before a strong, ancient stone pillar climbing into the darkness far above, his gaze - and the shine of the headlamp - winding down the finely-carved figures that wrapped around it in a thick, twisted writhing orgy of ornamentation. The place was eerily silent, save for the drip of water, the sound of Josh's own feet clapping against the stone surface beneath him, and the low curl of a subterranean breeze that coiled between the stone pillars of the temple from the surface.

The long journey ended in front of something appearing like an altar; Josh found himself bathed in purple light raining down upon him from the strange windows surrounding the altar. He was more fascinated by the bizarre light that came upon him than the strange figures (which, indeed, lay everywhere in this place) carved into the walls. The man's eyes finally gazed up to the pillar, where he saw a figure of radiant feminine beauty suspended in a thick net of vines or wires or strings or...

He stared up at her for a great while, thinking she was a sculpture, the bright LEDs of his headlamp shining on her far above him. He was surprised when he saw her move, and then when she cried out to him - "Help me!" - he was duly alarmed, stumbling back a few steps and giving a sharp cry of his own. How could there be someone else here?

Josh quickly started to get his bearings again, looking back up to the damsel in distress atop the pillar. "I'll...I'll be right up there, hold on!" came his voice, a neutral, generic sort of American accent; a husky, masculine baritone that befitted someone as athletic as he. He pulled an arm out of one sleeve of his backpack and started pulling climbing implements from it - a hammer and a handful of pitons which he started beating into the stone pillar one after the other to get up to the girl at the top.

"I'm coming, I'm coming..." the man cried out to the woman, "How did you - " he shouted, hammering against the stones, " - how did you end up here?" he asked, just as he put a muscled forearm over the top of the pillar, grunting hard as he pulled himself over alongside her.

Once there, he knelt down with his backpack, and started digging through it again, placing the hammer back and pulling out a machete, still green with the vines he'd cut through as he wandered through the jungle to find the strange chasm that led him here. He started sawing and cutting away at the material holding her in, careful not to hack at the girl trapped inside.

"Don't worry, I'll get you out of here - " he said. There was no time to think about the strangeness of the situation.

She sighed in relief when he started to come for her, and took to her weak struggles again. She kept a wary look at him, as he spoke, she then taking a moment to clear her hands of the sticky threads that held her. She sighed lightly, looking around some as if the answers to his question would be written somewhere around her. For a moment, she found the place as foreign as he had, finding herself captivated momentarily, before she came back to the situation at hand, mainly at the weak jest of her exhaustion and hunger. She struggled against her binds a bit more, before moving a strand of her hair out of her face, and taking another few breaths.
"I... I don't remember..."
She said lightly, her voice lofty, weak as it was, on top of her current state. She let the words hang in the air, a stillness coming over her, she trying to think of what to say next. She maintained her wariness of him though, she pressing against her restraints in a direction away from him.

Seeing her efforts were mostly in vain, she stopped trying to work with him, instaid just trying to push out and stay out of his way. She made a quick choice of conversation, her voice shaking, she hardly managing the words.
"How did you... ah-... eh-... Why... who are you?"
She said, in a partial fluster, she confused and a bit lost herself, and for good reason. She kept pressed away, pressing as much as she could manage to get out. She huffed a despaired, fearful sigh.
"Careful... hurry... my legs feel weird."
She quietly, erratically stammered out, fear building and being fought in her voice.

"You don't remember?" came that heavy baritone, perplexed.

The man's brown eyes turned up to look curiously at the woman when she confessed that she didn't know how she came to be here. The hacking and sawing and cutting paused for a moment. "Here" happened to be, perhaps, one of the remotest places on earth from all humanity...or so at least Josh had thought. A series of horror movie plots involving secretive cults of human-sacrificing Mayan priests in the jungles ran through his mind...which were ridiculous. Still, though...here's an English-speaking woman tied up in...whatever this material was, in a Mayan temple that, as far as he knew, could only have been accessed through a subterranean passage literally no wider or taller than his chest.

"You're probably...traumatized, or something," Josh concluded with all the rational thinking presently available to him.

The machete glowed in the purple light that came upon it as he returned to tearing his way through the materials encasing her. Josh leaned close - close, in fact, to the girl's chest though he was far beyond thinking about modesty - and sniffed at the stuff, trying to identify, "What is this stuff...?" he asked quietly and rhetorically.

The trapped woman asked him who he was.

"My name's Josh Langdon. I'm a student on vacation...that didn't expect to find a damsel in distress a hundred feet beneath the earth." His handsome lips curled into an amused litle smirk as his eyes glimmered up to the girl in front of him as he kept cutting away. But, when she mentioned that her legs felt strange, his first thought was that her circulation had been cut off; a fearful frown cut across his lips, dousing the amused smile. "How about you...what's your name?" he inquired back, trying to keep spirits up, while turning back down to face the tight bundle of cords wrapped around her again with renewed vigor. The headlamp was still on his head, shining brightly down onto the woman and her restraints.

The machete kept hacking and beating its way into the threads wrapped so damned tightly around her. Even so, it wouldn't be long now before she'd be able to pull herself free...

She gave him a perplexed look of her own throughout his speaking, her eyes, the color hidden by the purple cast over everything, holding the look of further loss as he spoke, though at the end of it all, she had managed what she could to gain her own barrings, and just shook her head in amiss.
"I don't know, I don't know a damned thing! I'm so ... so... outright terrified. I can't remember my own name! Argh!"
She out cried in frustration, tearing away at the strands of the odd material she could manage.
"I... my legs! Why does... Mmmmn!... A hundred feet beneath the earth!"
She cried, those words having just hit her.
"That's madness!"
She huffed and sighed, before calming quickly and switching to a different confusion upon him.
"You... have an oddness about you though. You're dressed so strangely, and you talk in similar sorts, and that thing, on your head..."
She said, almost laughing a little.
"I've never seen such things."
She said, warily laughing, a various set of thoughts going through her own head.

It was then the strands grew thin enough for her to manage wriggling out of. She shifted downward with a quick 'snap', before she started sliding downward some.
"Eaaack!"
She shrieked in shock, before sliding down slowly.
"Tha- thank you!"
She called, before hitting the ground, and holding herself there for a moment, the wind being knocked out of her. She took an extra moment or two to prepare to exert herself further, as weak as she was. She then rolled over, shaking the last of it off. She writhed strangely, the form of her legs losing distinguishment, her lower body never thinning out. Instead, it uncurled from the easily over-tightened mold the restraint held on her, lengthening out a good ways more than her legs would of gone. She laid there, huffing for a moment, before shrieking again, only immediately at the notice of her nudity. Her arms quickly lashed up as she covered her breasts, and then, as she was lent up, her jaw was left agate. She was frozen, stunned at the sight of her new lower body. A long, thick, caterpillar-eqsue set of segments were left for legs. Pulsating as she breathed, it took moments that felt like lifetimes just for her to even move. She slowly swayed it one way, and then the other, she beginning to whine a little in her voice, her eyes becoming a mist. She then quickly shifted her look to Josh, her eyes wide and glimmering in the purple light.
"Wait."
She simply, quickly said, her word coming out in a sharp staccato she barely realized she hadn't just thought. Of course the full meaning behind the single word could be felt between them.

'Wait, don't run, don't leave me here'

Josh looked up at the girl, grinning rather impishly as he shined the headlamp over her head. A trio of brilliant LEDs shined out from it.

"I think you still call them torches over there in England..." he said, leaping to the conclusion that that was where she was from. That, at least, wasn't so strange - at vacations in any resort town on the Caribbean or Pacific coasts Josh routinely came across people from Britain and the Continent and beyond. Still...what she was doing in the jungle was a mystery. How fortunate that she was found by an English-speaker, Josh mused to himself.

The machete snapped through the last bit of her restraints, the sound of the strings tearing apart echoing out into the vast and winding chambers of the cavernous temple. He had a dumb, boyish look on her face for a moment when he realized that the woman was nude, and that he was staring at her breasts...

He wasn't sure when he dropped the machete and the backpack, but it wasn't very long after he caught sight of her lower body - the pulsating, wriggling, fleshy, caterpillar-like mass that throbbed behind her for a lower body. He was stupefied for a moment; her request to "Wait." fell on completely deaf ears. The machete came to a rest after a clamor of metal just in front of the girl...or...whatever she was, as one of Josh's feet started sliding backwards over the pillar.

"What...?" Josh muttered with the most profound confusion.

The entire moment of hesitation was just that - a moment. Thoughts raced through his mind trying to explain this - a temple at the bottom of the earth, a girl trapped inside it - that spoke English, encased in a web of stringy...stuff, and apparently with the mutant lower body of a caterpillar. He weighed the possibility that this was some extremely elaborate joke, but those little legs wriggling on the caterpillar half of her were moving just a bit too realistically...the flesh pulsated with a bit too much life, the way it blended with the rest of her body...

He wasn't sure what was going on, but about a hundred million years of primal experience running from lions on the savanna led him to a solitary conclusion: Run.

He shouted, panicked, and started running - in any direction, it didn't matter, but he started running, first shambling back down the pillar to the floor with a great flurry of movement. He had a vague idea where he had come from and he made up his mind to head back that way, abandoning the backpack and machete behind him on the pillar, his headlamp swishing from one way to the other as he raced over the floor of the temple.

She immediately sprung up, and, fighting through her own fear and mixed feelings, shifted, and got a hold on herself.
"Josh, wait!"
She called, her voice breaking. She immediately darted after him, she sleekly, near-silently pitter-pattering along and down the pillar, and after him. She wriggled along, her body moving more fluidly, quickly, and forcefully than a normal caterpillars would. She huffed and powered right in front of him, they not even escaping the zone the purple light cast over. She reared up, she again making eye contact with him, where as if she were to 'stand' normal, her head reached his chest. She held out her hands, just looking to stop him.
"J-Josh... just... just please... you can't go..."
She huffed and panted, her face partially tear-stained. She kept her strange, partially threatening, partially desperate guard on him, when suddenly, the whole temple shook. The main pillar shifted, and the floor around it sank. Water filled the new reservoir, as the top of the pillar flowed water from the top of it. The rest of the temple continued its violent response to the girl's freedom, the hall leading up to the altar caving halfway down, blocking his only known exit, and a few large stone bricks fell from thier place against the wall where it met the ceiling. All quickly became still again, and the girl fell down to her new average footing, tears flowing down her face, she huffing and crying, before reaching out and gripping his pants leg tightly.
"I'm... sorry..."
She quietly managed out, though she didn't really find the place of where her apologies met what she was apologizing for. She just didn't want him blaming her, or being mad at her.

She looked up to him, just looking at his face for a small time, begging his acceptance in her eyes, before her attention just lightly shifted.
"I... I have never seen a torch... like that one ever..."
She huffed and stammered out, taking slow, hampered breaths. She was a bt lost to the moment again, looking at his headlamp in interest, tilting her head some.
"Where's the fire?"
She quietly thought out loud.

Back
Top Bottom