Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

organizing my new threads

CatScrezatio

Supernova
So, I've got an idea for a new thread as well aa my current thread.

I was deliberating about how to organize them. I thought that one thread might be dedicated to fantasy and scifi plots while the other would be for more urban-fantasy/realistic/slice-of-life plots.

But upon further thought, I considered this wasn't good.

I want to have some of my plots (in both categories) with a general set world in which a roleplay takes place and a choice of characters that I (or my partner) can play.

I want to know, do you call think I should do the organization like I said, or should I instead have one thread for Quick Connects and Short Term roleplays and use the other thread for all of my longer ideas with my selection of characters in my second thread?

The second way is definitely a more common way that I've seen to organize it - the benefit to doing it that way would be that people are already used to it so you'd probably avoid confusion. But neither way really seems "bad". And if you decide that you don't like how you did it, you can always change it up later. ^-^

Heya!

Hmm, one idea is to have it like you described initially, with one thread for fantasy/fiction, and another thread for modern realism type plays. You could have a section on each thread for short-term and long-term plots. You could also create a journal thread for a place to compile and organize your characters, if you have a lot of them. I've seen people do this before, providing a link to their character selection journal on the RTs, and I feel it's a neat way to go about things.

And like Seven said, if you don't like it or it isn't working out for you, you can always change things up later.

Of course, this is just what seems cool in my mind. Everyone has their own style, and I'm sure you'll find what works best for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom