Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[DnD 5e] Welcome to Ixalan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man's stunned expression and lack of response infuriates the slender half-orc, and she growls audibly at him. The expressions and glares of other passengers makes her back off, though.

"Rrrgh, fine. I'm going down below to try and find this blasted kid. If I don't come back, don't follow me all alone at least."

She stomps down the stairs irritatedly, grabbing a nearby lantern to light her way in the dark hold beneath the main ship.

"That's very kind of you, Tengee. I will do so. Perhaps the city will not be as intimidating as I expect with a companion by my side." She smiled at her acquaintance. She was still nervous, but considerably less so now, knowing that another would share the experiences with her.

When Gram gram offered her own wizened words, Amelie took them to heart. How did the old woman know? She wasn't certain, but she thought she detected the slightest of kindred spirits within gram gram. She was about to say thank you when a sailor ran across the deck, hooting and hollering about a bite. He was looking rather faint from the all the blood loss.. or perhaps it was just the sight of his own blood loss? Either way, when he mentioned a rat-like child, Amelie's hair stood on end.

Could it be that boy from the first night? He was unusual and the other folk just avoided him so she'd sought him out and tried to comfort him. She wasn't sure if it had worked, but she knew he watched her. Strange that she hadn't felt his eyes today.. But if the attacker that the sailor spoke of was the same child? She needed to find him.

The orc woman with whom Amelie had first felt at ease with dashed off after minor conversation and Amelie followed close on her heels. If it was the same child, she needed to be the one to find him. He didn't respond well to the others.

"I might know this child. I'm coming with you!"

She scanned the deck one last time before ducking below decks to search for the boy.

Perception for above decks: 20+1=21

Yurif Cheered at the chance to buy drinks, and the last of the casks of ale is brought in from the back of the galley. It's not a fine drink, or even an expensive one, the entire cask only costing 3gp from your winnings, and frankly it's the last the ship has till it makes port, but supplies everyone with something to drink, and then a little extra for your table.

The second hand is played and ends much the same way, with Kati taking the pot this time nearly thick and over flowing with gold.

Yurf's words seemed true, whatever business his has in this town you can't really say but the man's pockets seem to have a nearly limiteless taste of gold, and you can feel his eyes occasionally dipping under the table towards your legs. He drinks from his cup, and glances around at the other two men who seemed to be pale at their losses, and ready to call it quits.

Yurf on the other hand reaches into his pocket brushing around for something, and draws out a necklass made of fine silver, with a ruby stone cut beautifully into the mouth of a vampire bat, and places it onto the table. "Yah got me gold, but can you win my lucky charm?"

"Rules are simple lass one more hand, if I win, I take my gold, I take your clothes, and leave you with naught but your weapons, if You win, You take this."

~~~
The sailor looks at Vo, and rattles off about a 'fucking kid, he's scabby, and he looked like he had the mange or somehting, god this fucking hurts!' Saying that he was on guard at the lowest point below decks, and that the little rat bastard should still be there.

~~~

The world under the water is so much more clear than that above where the air swirls with mist, the ocean is a welcoming sight, pretty and vast, the area you are sailing over is a shallow coral reaf, and on a bright sunny day you would have gotten your full sixty feet of sight.

As you swim you take note of the currents, and feel a sudden shift in them, as you look around, a school of fish pass you quickly by, fleeing from something, and as you follow where they had been disturbed from your eyes are drawn towards the surface, towards a second ship, much smaller than the Praxis from where you are the hull is a small ruddy affair of patch work, and metal beaten into wood, the entire thing rusty, and painted with a red finish, you can just see the front of the ship has had brutish metal teeth attatched to the front, and is sailing directly towards the Praxis.

~~~
Vo And Nalven:

The hold is a dark almost spooky place, the bottom level of the praxis has been off limits protected by guards, the man who was supposed to be on shift is now missing a finger so you can wind your way down into the ships bowels without confrontation. The ships bowels are filled with supplies and trade goods from the islands, barrels and boxes are stacked and tied down with nets.

There is a back wall that has a door, locked and chained, boarded with what looks like every percaution to keep passengers out of it. Down here you can hear the faint creeking of the ship as water laps against it during it's sailing, The dark is thick, and anyone without low light vision will have to suffer a penalty to attacks rolling in the dim light with disadvantage. beyond the 20 feet that the lantern Vo brought with her illuminates.

You can hear a faint scurring and scratching, and a small whimpering from somewhere off in the distance, but as you walk you are quick to notice the rats that seem to flee from the light.

~~~

As Tengie looks over the wound attempting to clean it you can already see the sure signs of infection setting in. The infection is magical in nature you can practically see that as the mans finger has dark blue veins rippling up and down his hand. You staunch the flow of the bleeding, and bandage him up so that he will live, but the man is pale and sickly and by the time you are done fixing him up he's looking like he needs to lay down and sleep all the anger he had seems to have flowed from his body.

You can recognize that your magic would heal him, but unless you have remove disease or some equivalent you can do nothing for whatever sickness is taking him.

~~~

Gram Gram looks at Amelie with a slight hesitant look an amolst accusitory glance before she nods that she needed to go as well. As you walk away from the upper deck you stop and take one final glance upwards, and as you look around for a moment you were sure that you saw the flicker of a torch off to the distance, before it faded from your vision. Above deck people are more on edge than ever dealing with the now unconcious guard, and the whispering glances towards one another.

You can almost hear something that sounds like paddles striking water, you've been around the ocean your entire life, and you are sure you can hear rowing, but the praxis is the only boat you can see, and it uses only the power of the wind to sail.

Brask is off to the front holding some rope and a trident, though why you have no idea.

And Gram Gram has started ushering the children down below decks back to the cabins while the manhunt for the child goes underway.

[DM's notes:

First off you all are owed a very deep appology, i vanished for two weeks without so much as a word, so let me explain.. I lost my job, I've been arranging my notes and schooling, and it takes me a while to actually write up stuff for this thread when I had very little free time.

Kati, Your winnings this time is 800 gold (2d6x100)

The roll to beat this time is 70

Vo, and Nalven, anyone with low light or dark vision suffers penalty for range attacks in the bowels of the ship, and will have roll with a disadvantage. Since Vo brought a lantern you can attack melee without suffering the penalty of fighting in the dark, but only up too about 10 feet. There is also boxes for cover in pretty much every direction.

Tengee: Your medical role was high enough to save his life, but not high enough to recognize the disease or attempt a treatment for the sickness that has caused it.

Star: The perception to see the boat that Dreana can see is 23, you were close enough that I had to give you a little something, I'd feel bad if i said you saw nothing.

Dreana: The perception to see the ship under the water was 15 you not only get to see it but you know it's coming for the praxis, or at least sailing towards it. You have about 2 more rounds before it will make contact.

I hope that all of this makes up for the two week long silence you had to put up with me. I am so sorry.))

Trying to gauge if she would successfully reach the smaller ships rudder, or would be better if she maneuvered the bigger one on the end of her rope, Dreana tries to do whatever she can to stop the head on collision. It would still make the smaller ship reach theirs, but would not make a hole, and not give a stable base to board...

What is more, she tries to do it to surprise the attacker - what other could it be - as there is no underwater danger for the big ship, she would be only blowing the whistle, then crying-shrieking after the maneuver succeeded - or if it was impossible to do.

After all, she wanted to give the crew of the smaller ship her own surprise, and all the while telling her crew more.

"Give the red swordfish the pincher!" she would cry, while waiting for her trident to sail towards her - either hitting the other ship or falling into the water... Anyway, then she would be trying to recover it... All the while waving around a thorny seaweed and trying to make it harder for the attackers to swarm the bigger ship..

<not sure if Entangle would work on sea or ship, but if not that, then a Thorn Whip to fight with until getting the spear-trident...>

She would look at him, and raise one of her eye ridges. "You know, if you wanted to see me naked, all you would have to do is ask." The way she said it, plainly as if she was for the most part teasing, or if there was nothing out of the ordinary at all.... "Granted, not going to fuck you in front of everyone, if thats what your after." And then, she paused, looking around, and seemed to weigh something, as she leaned forward, breasts pressing together. "Well, might invite one or four to join in."

And then, her mouth split open in a grin, and there was something amused in her eyes, even as she would lean forward, eyes darkening with something suggesting a rumbling storm, even as she gave a gale of laughter. "But your on little man!" And then, she would look at the other two men, and there would be something in her eyes, something more then amused. "So, you looking to get in? Might be able to throw a wank or a blow your way if you win!"

Still, even as she would take her cards, she would grin, not unlike some great crocodile, as she laughs, as if driven mad.

Nat 100 :p

Nalven reaches into his pouch and pulls out his crystal and then takes one of the silver coins he was given by the gentleman earlier. With little more than a spare thought, the coin shines brilliantly.

The child is probably scared I don't know many who would try and enter into such a dark place alone. If need be I can put this light into almost any object.

As you call on nature, the dead wood welded and tortured as it is still holds some life in it, and as you call on it to grow, the hull groans as it starts to splinter and break, the back end of the ship ripping apart as roots start to grow and crack under the twisted metal turning the back of the boat into rough ground. You hear screaming as one of the creatures aboard the ship is entangled and held down by the roots, but more effectively you watch as the metal rudder of the ship is torn apart and broken removing their ability to steer in anything but a strait line, however the strait line still puts it on a collision course with the praxis.

~~~

Brask stood aboard the deck holding the trident and the rope his eyes flickering over the waters feeling the way she would turn the ship, when Dreana screamed out he didn't wait for any kind of responce, and masterfully twisted the trident in his hand bringing it up and forward in a throw that would put most seasoned atheltes to shame.

Though he wasn't sure where his target was she had told him to throw it as hard as he could towards the sound, and he had made sure that he had done just that. The Trident sailed true, and smacks into Dreana's back cutting her shoulder deeply, the water turning red with the sudden arrival of the weapon.

~~~

"Well I just figured me trinket was worth the sight of a beautiful lady, it is worth more than anything else on this ship." Yurf's grin continued right up until the hands were placed down, and then he blinked looking at the woman who had just taken him to the cleaners.

"well look at that, yah got me." The man chuckled along with her apparent laughter even as the gold and trinket were passed to her. "Yah got me fair and square, and I like that."

"When we hit land fall yah should look me up, I'd love to see how a dragon fairs in bed."

[OOC, I had some time, and since there are currently three scenes going on, I figured I would knock two out

Chris: In the future pick one spell, per round, since you said entangle first that's the one I'm gonna go with. It's one action per round, and I'd rather not get confused, If you are worried about something not working send me a pm, and we can work it out for the future. additionally you told Brask to throw the trident at the noise as hard as he can, well he did. He hits you for five damage.

additionally make a concentration check.

Captian brask's attack;
brask rolls to hit with disadvantage due to the fog: 21 hits your AC, for 5 damage
Roll(1d20)+4:
17,+4
Total:21
Roll(1d20)+4:
20,+4
Total:24
Roll(1d6)+2:
3,+2
Total:5

Strength checks of the crew aboard the ramming ship:
Roll(1d20)+3:
7,+3
Total:10

Roll(1d20)+3:
15,+3
Total:18

Roll(1d20)+3:
20,+3
Total:23
RPG-Girl: You win a magical sylver necklace that you have no idea what it does, do you want to put it on?]

*Thank you!* Dreana wanted to say sarcastically, but she was under water trying to recover her balance and was fishing after her own weapon... Of course, the blood in the water and salt water in her wound was not really helping her either. Still, at least the crew on the ship at least knew something was coming. It would take her some time to recover enough to make sure nothing dangerous was happening under the water, or there was no other attackers. Only then would she climb up onto the enemy ship to look around.

<Concentration: Constitution check DC10 -> 1 on d20...>

The ranger pressed a berry into the sailor's hand. "Eat this more for the wound and the blood loss. See a priest or herb woman for fever as soon as you can.

She readied her. Crossbow and moved to the man who had thrown a trident. "I heard a horn. What's going on?"

She laughed, as she took the gold and the trinket, even as she would give a toothy grin. Really, for the most part, getting all the aces in the last hand... that had just tickled her funny bone. "Might do that. I've heard stories of how long dwarves can last..." And then she would wink, even as there was something very much amused in her tone. "Granted, not sure if your peckers made of stone or cast iron, but can always check."

She would wink then, even as she would take the silver necklace, and would put it on, so that the links would be between her breasts. Granted, as she thought of the gold she had won...

Mentally, she would giggle, and knew she just HAD to sleep on a pile of it. That, and maybe find a pretty boy and/or girl or five, some bottles of booze, and some spiced meats, for a little pampering on top of a pile of gold.

And then, as she felt the new cravings, she would quirk an eye ridge, looking to the dwarf. "I'm just going to ask, seeing as you knew it was all magic and all," given his comment on it's value, "but did this thing make you want to lick slits or suck dicks?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom