Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

EWL - Rules

freeko

Star
In the interest of saving some space here on the forums, I have made the rules in a google doc form.

Game rules can be found here.

All characters are to be 18+. I might bold it, Italicize it, and underline it to make it stick out more. I think you get the point however. The Character Sheet has been modified to account for this oversight

I have forgotten to mention that the bonus applied to the card value played cannot exceed +3. For example, player A has 5 in strength and Grapple while player B has a 3 in Strength and Grapple. If player A is to grapple player B then the overall advantage would be +4. Meaning that no matter what Player B did, they would be forced to play 2 cards to have any chance at winning the turn.

As the league develops and adjustments are made to the rule set. The changes will be posted here as well. Additive to the rules posted in the google doc, I will be awarding points for players to train their characters with after each match. These points can be used to improve your characters stats in a similar fashion to how they are used in character creation.

The cap for stats will be 9 once the league starts. However the soft cap of 7 still applies for character creation.

Now for the first additive rule change: When a less experienced player goes against a more experienced player, the "underdog" will be given wildcards at random intervals throughout the match in addition to their normal draw. These cards are essentially wild cards and may have extra bonuses as when played. Some bonuses are automatically applied while others are contingent upon that player winning the turn the wildcard is played. I will have this particular system defined better once the league starts to grow some. I want to encourage players to take each other on, not discourage a less experienced player from taking on a better (statistically speaking) character and getting slaughtered for it.

Speaking on a general level, players will be awarded no less than 1 point for completing a match. Depending on what happens in the match, points may be arbitrarily assigned in addition. I will stress that these points are awarded at my discretion.

As the players progress, I may offer NPC characters to battle with. The idea being that these character would act as something of a gatekeeper to becoming the "Champion" of EWL. In a sense it would function sort of like "Punch-Out!!" where an NPC along with a few other NPC characters would need to be defeated for the belt to be obtained. There will be rules dictating the championship belt and how it will be obtained and defended. For now, consider this a look at what I have in store for the future of the game.

I have officially changed the way a match starts. Who ever goes first has the choice of starting the match in either the standing state or grappled state.

In testing the ideal action was for whoever went first to basically waste a card to perform their turn 1 action and the person defending would almost certainly choose to do nothing causing a massive disparity in card advantage for the player going second. The player going first would have 6 or 7 cards while the defender would have a maximum 10 card hand size going into turn 2.

To discourage the act of Doing Nothing at the start of the match, no extra cards will be drawn on turn 1 if a player chooses to Do Nothing. Do Nothing as an action will otherwise draw 2 extra cards at any other point. This rule also applies to the beginning of the round during multiple round matches.

Back
Top Bottom