Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Into the Wild (Steam) Blue Yonder (pods6827 and MMRS)

"Oh, I'm not sure I could be that brave," Alexandria said with a shy giggle.

"I think I could," Jocelyn answered, which caused both women to burst into laughter.

Ander joined them in their laughter, clearly enjoying the conversation, as well as the company. "Well given what I'm wearing now I think it's safe to say I think I can pull such an outfit off," he said with a grin, "But what do you two think? Should I flaunt what I've got or keep it covered?"

"All in good fun I promise you," Ander said with a laugh, his smile wide as they all enjoyed themselves. "Speaking of fun, I don't think I can recall when the last time I had this much fun was. An interesting device and great company, who could ask for more?"

"Perhaps a mixed drink?" Alexandria offered. "I suppose it would be counterproductive to the health benefits of the Jacuzzi tub, but I can help but think that something to imbibe would add to the atmosphere."

"And I know for a fact that room service has a copy of the Bon Vivant's Companion," Jocelyn added. "What if I were to order a pitcher of drinks, and had them bring them up?"

"Now that sounds like the perfect addition to our little party here," was Ander's response, "Go ahead and order us some drinks Jocelyn, whatever you think we'd all enjoy."

Jocelyn stood up, her modest swimsuit perhaps a tad more form fitting now that it was wet. She grabbed a thick robe hanging nearby, wrapping it around herself and went into the next room.

"So, Mr. Drumein," Alexandria began, "If this automated airship is as good as it sounds, do you have any plans for it? Perhaps start your own charter business?"

Ander's eyes followed Jocelyn as she stepped out of the tub, and while her swimsuit was still fairly conservative it now hugged her body rather closely. When she threw on a robe he looked away, and was drawn from such thoughts by Alexandria's question.

"Hmm, a good question," he responded, considering his options, "I could certainly make a good living running a charter ship, sailing from place to place. Alternatively I could make an expedition out West and see what I can find out there." Ander chuckled as he recalled something, "A month ago I met a man who claimed to have learned of a city out west where everything, from the streets to the buildings, is made from solid gold. Almost certainly not true, but I don't doubt that there's sights out there just as beautiful."

"A few centuries ago, the Spaniards heard the same kind of stories. They never got to find out anything, though," Alexandria replied. "The Aztecs stopped the Spanish Invasion even before it got started. All sorts of tales of strange creatures, hidden cities, treasures beyond belief, across the length and breadth of two continents. But perhaps the new age is when we get to find out what exactly is out there."

"Exactly," he nodded as Alexandria spoke. "So much is being done today that even a few decades ago would have been called the fevered dreams of madmen; flying ships, metallic automatons, and even jacuzzis!" Ander smiled widely at that. "Who's to say that there aren't even more mysteries out in the unexplored parts of the world, just waiting to be found?"

"Makes me wish you had need for a full-time lawyer," Alexandria laughed. "Still, I'm excited to see this new airship, Jocelyn's laboratory, and whatever else Mr. Montgomery left you."

"Hmm, well who's to say that I don't need a lawyer now?" Ander asked, a considering look on his face. "After all, if I do end up running a charter business like you suggested, or any other kind for that matter, I might very well find myself needing an expert lawyer to help ensure that I stay on the straight and narrow." He paused for a moment, "And I'm also interested in seeing everything else that's been left to me. The airship alone is a great deal to take in, let alone anything else!"

"Oh, I'm too settled in to my Boston legal and social scene to try anything else," Alexandria said with a laugh. "Still, it does not harm to dream, I suppose."

"It certainly doesn't," Jocelyn said, as she entered pushing a cart with two pitchers of something red and three frosted glasses. "What are we dreaming about?"

"Fair enough," was Ander's response, "But it's an open offer, so if you ever want a change in scenery feel free to send me a message."

"Oh Alexandria and I were just discussing what I planned on doing with my inheritance, and I offered her a job." Ander placed a hand to his chest, his face taking on a pained look. "Alas, she has spurned my offer, and I don't know if my poor heart can take it!" He looked at the pitchers Jocelyn was carrying, "Though I imagine a drink might help."

"Room service says this is called Buffalo Punch. Apples, lime, cinnamon, cranberry juice for the red color and some particular potent rum," Jocelyn said, handing one glass to Ander, and another on to Alexandria. Grabbing a glass for herself, Jocelyn carefully lowered herself into the water.

"So what shall we drink to?" Jocelyn asked.

Taking the offered glass with a nod of thanks, Ander examined it as he listened to Jocelyn's explanation of what was in it. "Sounds like a blast," he said with a grin, before looking between the two women.

"I say we drink to Nicholas, without whom none of us would be in the position we're in right now." He raised the glass slightly above the center of the jacuzzi, "To Nicholas!" he said, slightly somberly before they clinked the glasses together.

"To Uncle Nicholas," Jocelyn echoed, raising her glass, as Alexandria raised her glass silently.

Jocelyn paused, then added, "And to something Uncle Nicholas would have wholeheartedly approved off. To what's around the next corner!"

"Indeed, to the next great discovery!" Ander said, clinking their glasses once more before taking a sip, finding that he liked the taste. "An excellent choice Jocelyn," he said, smiling all the while.

"This punch has got some punch," Jocelyn giggled. "I think I'm feeling a little light headed."

Alexandria nodded in agreement as she stood up, her wet swimsuit clinging to her slender but feminine form. "It certainly does sneak up on you. Can I get anyone a refill?"

Ander laughed lightly at Jocelyn's little joke, the drink having begun to give him a healthy buzz. "Indeed," he said, before offering his glass to Alexandria. "I could go for another one," he said with a smile, his eyes slowly tracing her form as she stood up, noticing that her swimsuit was clinging to her.

Alexandria poured her own drink first, then Jocelyn's and finally Ander's, before settling back down.

"To the medical benefits of warm water and warm friendships," she giggled, before taking a gulp of her drink.

Joining Alexandria in drinking from their newly refilled glasses, Ander gave a soft sigh of relief as he sank back into the water. "I'm definitely going to be buying one of these some day," he said, grinning from both the good company and the growing warm feeling in his body.

"I don't think I ever could have guessed that I could be in a situation like this even a week ago," he continued, smiling at his companions. "Good drinks, new prospects, and of course the presence of two beautiful women! Could life be any better?" he asked of the two.

Jocelyn giggled and blushed, while Alexandria just clucked her tongue. "And a young man with the gift of blarney to share our drinks with," Alexandria laughed, lifting her glass.

Their glasses clinked again, and Ander laughed at the lawyer's words. "Oh I've got no gift for blarney," he said, "I'm not the kind of guy who says something he doesn't mean."

"And that's the most dangerous kind!" Alexandria said with a laugh, as Jocelyn joined.

"Still wish I could get the full benefit of these waters," Jocelyn added with a slight slur to her voice.

Back
Top Bottom