Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gotta Help Them All (for DSilence and MMRS)

"His hold is a few days off," the ristata answered, using both her wing and her hand to point southward, "And we arrived on the edge of this jungle a few days ago. So I could not tell you where he is now."

The ristata eyed David suspiciously for a minute before asking, "Could you help me remove these leggings?" she asked, flexing her feet. "These are not my true feet. It is something the leggings transform my feet into. It is so when I land on an atador, I can hang on while the trapper tracks me."

It would have been too much to hope for the ristata to be a more recent escapee, David mused. As it was he was left with two options now; follow a road to Cacophony, or blindly southward until he hit a hold. Were there castles here? Just what level was this world's technology at, anyway? And apparently they had magic, so who knew how all that worked.

The ristata's request took him off guard for a moment, the small atador rightly assuming that he believed the feet to be as real as the beak. "Yeah, of course," he said, studying her for a moment. If he could find a clasp or buckle than it would be simple; at worst he would let her know he was going to take out a blade before pulling his multitool, using the smallest blade he had to slice through the straps binding the leggings on.

Her request caught him by surprise; he'd thought she would want to stay as far away from him as possible. "Yeah, of course," he said as he held out one hand, lowering it close to the ground so she could walk over and either sit down or climb up onto it.

The ristata gingerly climbed on David's hand, situating herself so that her legs were stretched across his palm, her bottom on one edge of his palm, her feet dangling off the other edge.

"Ok," David murmured as he lifted his hand slowly, careful not to tilt it or move his fingers too much in case it dislodged her. "What's your name?" he asked as he examined the leggings, following the lines of the straps and locks. Finally he carefully began to pull at the buckles down her legs, undoing them one by one. "I'm not sure how the strap around your waist comes off," he added. "I can cut it off if you hold very still, or maybe you can wiggle out once these are unsecured? And do you want me to try and get this too?" he asked, lightly touching her side and the bottom of the leather bra wrapped about her chest. The full reality that he was actively stripping a tiny bird woman hadn't hit him quite yet, nor did the implications of his question strike until the words were already out.

"It's...it's two pieces," the ristata answered, slightly stuttering, as David tagged at her leggings. She wiggled a little, letting David tug the leggings off, leaving her in a leather bikini. In place of her 'clawed feet', two normal, if tiny, feet were revealed. Or they looked normal, though when she stretched her legs, her feet curved in a tighter circle than a larger, human foot might.

"That feels sooooooooo good," the ristata crooned, stretching her legs and wiggling her toes. "And I'll keep everything else on, thanks," she said, a tiny bit of red visible on her cheeks. "My name is Atsitu, and I thank you. What is your name?" As she talked, Atsitu continued stretching her legs.

At first he didn't quite realize why she was blushing, or even that she could, up until Daniel realized just what he'd offered to do. "Oh, crap, sorry! I didn't mean to- I mean I didn't think that-" He cut himself off before he could dig himself any deeper.

"My name's Daniel," he said after a moment, curiously looking at the leggings before letting them fall. What sort of creature was the leather from? Hopefully not an atador, that was not an image he wanted. "It's very nice to meet you, Atsitu."

"I am indebted to you, Dan-yell," Atsitu said, pulling her legs underneath her as she crouched in his hand, pulling her wings in and bowing her head toward him.

"It was really no trouble," he said after a moment, not sure what the correct response was or if there even was one. "I wouldn't want to be forced to wear things like that either. And I'm sure you must want to go home, back to your people or family or," he shrugged a little, not sure how exactly that would work for her.

"But...and only if you're willing, you don't have to pay me back," he added quickly, "...What I really need is a guide. I'm from far away, very far away. I really don't know anything about this place, or atadors, or trappers, or anything. Do you think you could help me at least get to town? After that I'm sure I can manage."

"If going to the nearest town, I believe I can help," Atsitu replied, as she sat back on her heels, her legs still tucked underneath her. The young ristata appeared quite content to remain in Daniel's palm. "And I am quite willing to answer your questions, and serve as a guide if you wish to go somewhere than the nearest town."

"That would be great," he said with a smile, shifting his legs in preparation to stand. "No reason not to start walking then, and we can talk on the way. I don't know if you want to stay in my hand or shoulder or fly or..." He chuckled faintly at himself. "Yeah, I need a lot of instruction."

One way or another he managed to climb up to his feet and shoulder his bag, collecting the discarded bit of granola and quickly swallowing down whatever was left of the vegetable stew. Offering Atsitu the granola again he headed for the cave entrance, starting to make his way down. "Can you tell me about the town...Cacophony, I think the old man called it? And who exactly is he?"

"Sorry," Atsitu said, hopping out of Daniel's hand and onto the cave floor. Again, she ignored his offer of the granola, though this time it was purely out of disinterest, along with distraction by her newly unbound feet.

"You have no idea how good this feels," Atsitu continued, stretching her lithe form while spreading her toes, to take in the sensation of the cool stone. She rotated her hips, enjoying the freedom from the leggings and, with her wings spread, gave an unwitting view of her toned legs and bikini clad bottom.

"I really don't know much about the town," Atsitu said, turning back to face Daniel. "It's a gathering place for trappers, so free atadors keep away from it. I was only there once, when the Trapper I escape from took me there, presumably to judge any atador that other trappers brought there. There is a market there where captured atadors are traded, sold and bartered for, but I couldn't tell you how big that market is.

"As for Dragoi, he is Dragoi," Atsitu said with a shrug. "Sometimes he is helpful, sometime he simply is. He watches, looks around, and disappears. He doesn't like the trappers, though, and he has helped more than a few atadors escape their traps. At least we think so. It's hard to tell with Dragoi."

"Yeah, I probably don't," Daniel agreed as the little bird stretched herself out. It was a bit odd when he suddenly noticed himself staring at her rear, quickly snapping his eyes away and hoping she hadn't noticed. He had a girlfriend, though frankly it was becoming clear that he had very little chance of seeing her again in any sort of realistic timeframe. And she wasn't a human, which should disqualify her from that sort of thinking entirely. It was perfectly logical, but that didn't stop the image of her barely-covered rear and slender body from lingering in his mind.

"So I can't count on Miyagi. Big surprise," he muttered. "I appreciate the help, honestly. I understand if you want to bail before we actually reach town, though I'd like it if you stayed. I'm going to need all the help I can get. If we run into a trapper on the road will they try to take you? You seem small enough to hide in my bag, but I guess you'd rather just fly away?"

The path down took him past the spring, and idly he glanced up at the rocks as he passed. The girl he'd frightened was probably long gone.

"A ristata who has been trapped is stigmatized by her own band," Atsitu said matter-of-factly. "Even if she escapes, there is a fear that she will bring the trappers on to those who have remained free. So I am free to help you as long as you need assistance."

"If we run into any trapper and they spot me, they will likely try to capture me, particularly since my garments mark me as one who has been captured already," Atsitu continued. "I could hide in your bag as you entered town, but I would be of no help. For the most part, atadors remain clear of humans when at all possible. Excluding Dragoi. And now you, it would appear."

Atsitu paused, her head tilted to one side, obviously deep in though. "There is an overlook of the town that is difficult to reach. Most avoid it, because it is both difficult to reach, as well as its proximity to town. The trappers don't use it because the only atadors they could spot are already in town and trapped. But it might serve a purpose for you. Allow you to spy on the activities of the town before you enter it."

"Oh. Yeah, I...I guess that makes sense," Daniel said lamely, already feeling awkward. "That overlook sounds great though," he added quickly in an attempt to change the subject. He knew just how bad it was to feel that you might never see your loved ones again, and it was certainly not a feeling he wanted either of them dwelling on."

He felt similarly awkward bringing up the next point, but it seemed important. "Is there any way to make them think that I'm a trapper?" he asked, quickly holding up his hands. "I don't want to be one, but I'm guessing trappers don't steal from each other? If they think you're with me than wouldn't they leave you alone?"

"The trapper only wants glory. His brother finds no mercy at his hands," Atsitu recited. "I will not claim to understand how humans interact, and especially trappers, but it's said that trappers worry more about consequences than honor. So I could not tell you what to expect if you tried to masquerade as a trapper, or me as your possession."

"Great," Daniel sighed. "There goes one plan, and at least half of two others." What happened to the games where everything was fun and cheerful? And if trappers fought and attacked each other to steal atadors, how did anyone ever get anything done? "So you're saying that if I pretend to be a trapper I'll just get attacked unless I can defend myself. Which apparently means another atador, and I have no intention of enslaving anyone."

He sighed, briefly putting a hand over his eyes as he walked down a long, straight section of the path. "God, this is a mess," he groaned. "Ok. How far is this overlook? And is there anything you can tell me about the town or trappers?"

"Not far for those who can fly," Atsitu replied, though there was not a hint of humor in her response. "A three day hike, perhaps four, for you, depending on how well you can traverse the path. Fortunately, the trail remains at higher altitudes, and there are resting places along the way. Since you will be avoiding human traffic, you need only worry about the natural elements."

"And as I have said, atadors remain clear of humans, and of trappers. I can tell you some things of captivity, and of the stories associated with trappers, but whether these reflect facts..." Atsitu shrugged.

Back
Top Bottom