Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Grand Quest (Sharub & Kosmik_Khaos

Ailduin ran his hand through his long black hair and rubbed his neck with a sigh. "Yeah, being around Zoroail isn't exactly easy, or pleasant most of the time. He is not good with other people, not even in his own race." Ailduin paused and closed his eyes a look on his face that told Amalthea he didn't mean to say something. "Well I guess since you are stuck with him I will tell you a bit about him. Zoroail isn't a normal human, he is from Zagrazat, it's an island nation far from here past the Iileria sea. The people that live on that broken land appear to be human but they are not the same. For one they live a lot longer, at least twice as long as normal humans do easily, and some have even been known to live to three centuries. They also have odd powers, like magic but not, it's hard to explain. They can do things that magic users cannot, but they cannot use magic themselves. I don't know much about what other Zagrazatians can do but what Zoroail does has been explained to me. He calls it binding and what it does is essentially change the pull of gravity. So what he did to the wolf wasn't sending him flying up, but binding him to the sky and having him fall up. Whichever direction he sets a binding that becomes down to whatever he is binding. I've seen him use it to walk on walls and ceilings like you and I would walk on the ground. It's pretty amazing." Ailduin smiled and shook his head with a chuckle. "Sorry, I am rambling on and on." He apologized.

Looking away from Amalthea and over her shoulder he narrowed his eyes trying to spot his friend in the darkness. His night vision was fairly sharp but he couldn't spot Zoroail beyond the wagons. Frowning he returned his attention to the girl in front of him. "I wouldn't worry about him too much, or what happened. It's fairly normal for there to be some level of tension between party members in a group this size. It was just bad luck that the wolf tried to pick a fight with that man is all. Zoroial will calm down eventually and return to the camp, and knowing him have forgotten all about nearly killing the pup by tomorrow." Ailduin smiled warmly to the mare.

"Let's get you something to eat that doesn't have dead animal in it. I noticed you were looking around for something while Zoroail was being pissy and you must be hungry from our march today." He offered his shining silver eyes breaking away from her to scan the area around the fire. "Ahh." He exclaimed spotting what he was looking for. Walking by Amalthea he knelt by a neat pile of sacks and rummaged through them. Coming back with an armful of fresh produce, a couple crisp apples, a pair of carrots, some radishes and a few other fruits and veggies. "Take you pick.' He offered her with a grin. "It's not like they will be missing them." He said jerking his head back towards the group around the fire eating the meaty stew.

Still confused, amazed and scared by what her eyes just witnessed, with the wolf's growl still piercing her ears with desperate and heartshattering howling scream for his life as his body left the ground to reach the sky...
She had to shook her head and refocus her gaze, mumbling as she tried to follow Zoroail, not hiding her surprise for the calm that that man still showed her.
Silently, the equine girl listened to Ailduin, squinting her eyes, trying to read his lips, trying to remember those informations for herself while a part of her brain went into overdrive, trying to remember if the deeds of such an incredible people already reached her...
<<Mh?>> her eyes seemed to flicker, interrupting her thoughts <<...Oh... oh, no no! No apologies, please... is... is nice to hear of such incredible peoples. And... and to know more about HIM>> replied her with a smile. While looking at Ailduin, she sensed something... positive... like an aura that would soothe feelings and make at ease even the most shaking of speakers "...no doubts he's a skilled caravan master..." thought her, letting her eyes wander on his body, searching for amulets or runes "...but i don't see any item that would give him such powers... unless... he's the one..."

Her stomach grumbled in joy when he left to grab her some food. Some EDIBLE food. Mouth watering at the thought of biting a juicy and sweet apple, to crunch a carrot...
With a wide smile Amalthea lifted the hem of her apron-like dress, crating a small bag for the fruits to fall into with the cloth that covered her short shorts, thanking him deeply, bowing her head and letting her long mane to cover her right eye. Looking at the veggie delights shining in her improvised satchel, so ripe and rounded, she gulped loudly, but before she trotted away, she remembered something she wished to ask <<...uh... Ailduin, sir... I... uhm... have a question. >> again she gulped, both for the expectations for the weight in her bag and for a little of shame <<...is the first time i travel so.... well... how... how it works with bedding?>> asked her cocking her head <<...do we sleep into those?>> with her hands occupied holding the fruit, she pointed her chin at the dark mass of a chariot.

Back
Top Bottom