Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars: Symphony of Annihilation [Rp thread] (shut down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Star Wars: Symphony of Annihilation [Rp thread] (Accepting)

Hearing the voices through the com, between heading planet side and as he thought about it, he wondered about the guy he won this Y-wing off of... He claimed to have been of the Inner portion of the galaxy. "Four, scan the mappings of Chandrila programmed into your system." While all the parts of his astromech droid were from other broken models, that surely didn't mean that the systems of the craft were wiped as well. Sure enough, a few whistles and beeps came through his droid, and gave planetary directions that he sent not only to Logan on his HUD, but also patched it through the systems of the other pilots also.

"Well the capital seems to be flooded with traffic... but, Four has given me coordinates to a small landing some distance outside the capital. He should have sent them to you as well, as shown by your heads' up displays." Logan had no idea what was in store on the surface at those coordinates; it didn't seem to display anything in particular was there in that spot. Regardless, being near the capital would offer a number of resources to them, though quite honestly, Logan was limited on just the number of Republic Credits he had him at this moment. Suppose he could try to persuade or haggle his way to get what he needs; perhaps offer droid repair services or something in exchange. Never failed him before.

"I hope the credits on both of you can be used here, because I feel mine might not be quite as sufficient. I'll work something out, I'm sure... there might be some repairs I could do once planet side." Logan toggled a few switches as necessary, effectively putting Four operate the auto-pilot to guide him in to those coordinates. Still... it was strange how those specific points were logged into his ship; was there something he was missing in all of this? He didn't like it, but... shelter, food, water, and indeed, a bed to rest off his troubles were priority right now.

The shielding of the Y-wing remained strong as he entered Chandrila's atmosphere, and as a result, he didn't enter too hot or anything that the ship just didn't have any control over. Still, the Y-wing seemed to fly down towards the thick of some clouds, and as things slowed down and emerging from the clouds, he could see the solid, grassland underneath, mostly flat with some minor bumps and hills, but more than enough room to land.

What drew his attention to this spot in a curious manner, though... was that the area they landed on also seemed to have been some kind of former foresting area, as there were a few roads on it, all of which seemed to haven't been well maintained in years, and a few buildings that worked as mills some time ago, though the machinery within slept for who knows how long. Strange, but... a milling area that seemed to have been abandoned, this could probably work for the best for them, old and untouched as the location seemed. Nobody would come to look in this desolate place, so Logan believed.

"That is a hell of a droid Logan" Kara said admiringly. She had almost zero technical knowledge, and while a good pilot in her mind, when it came to droids and mechanics, Kara was a rank amateur. She had never been taught much by her slave masters for obvious reasons, so she had to use her clever observations and rely on the untechnical to get through. Such a reality was witnessed in an ability to competently use machines and weapons, but in the end, only really understand and rely on her strong metal dagger.

Following Logan down through the atmosphere, Kara could feel the sluggishness of the controls as pressure exerted itself on the craft. Adapting her technique in response, Kara continued the flight and ignoring the squeaks of her droid requesting to tell her what his observations were, Kara looked down at the canopy surrounding the semi open space Logan had pinpointed. "I wonder... you know forests used to need forest services. Maybe before the Empire this planet gave a shit about its environment and based rangers out and about... you don't think Crazy Guy had some Force vision that we would find things like this out here, do you?" Kara's voice showed her own skepticism about any belief in superstitions and hocus pocus.

Kara rubbed her tummy in response to a hunger pang and enjoyed the pleasant sensation that radiated out. It caused her to next reach to her neck and shoulders, rubbing them as much as the confined space of a cockpit allowed. The realisation of how tense she was from the adrenaline rush in addition to the hunger and how welcome touch was to relieving it, Clare audibly moaned into the open mic. "Oh sorry guys...but I could really use a girly girl bath and massage right now. Us old people don't hold up as well as you young ones."

Kara laughed in response to Logan's statement about credits. "Credits? You're joking right? I guess you aren't familiar with the need to sometimes barter for the basics. You have to use the assets on hand sometimes to creatively acquire the essentials. Sometimes without the other party even knowing it was you who acquired things." I say with a certain playfullness in my voice, letting imaginations fill in the gaps depending on what they wanted to believe about me.

"Cover me guys while I set down and scope it out? I mean, its the least I can do after ... the whole saving my butt and hauling it around thing"

Flora felt the seat buck under her as she entered the atmosphere, following the gold-highlighted Y-Wing down towards the planet, red heat washing over her forward shields as it slowed her descent. She flushed a darker green as Kara's moan came over the airwaves, unmistakeable even through the crackling static caused by reentry.

As if she hadn't been feeling antsy enough already...

She swallowed, trying to steady herself a moment. "Let's see where Logan's droid is taking us first, then we can worry about everything else." Strange though that his Y-Wing would have coordinates for an abandoned logging site... Why would a bomber pilot visit this sort of place regularly enough to have it marked down?

Well... "At the very least it should have a place to park our wings and some shelter to duck under. If we're lucky it'll even have power, though I suppose we could hook things up to our ships for a temporary solution."

Still it was strange. While it was listed as foresting, there were several hangars and a fairly large landing pad, unnecessary unless the wood was being shipped off world, but most foresting operations didn't export that she knew of. Moreover as she got closer she was reading power signatures, active generators, even dormant defences! "This... This makes no sense..."

Firing retrothrusters she slowed, coasting down and pulling to a halt on the landing pad with a gentle shudder as the landing legs touched ground. She gave a moan of her LAN as she popped the canopy and stood up, feeling the little kinks in her spine straighten with the extension before sliding across the angled wing of her fighter and down to the ground, looking around at the trees and low squat compounds, suddenly feeling slightly chilled as the cool breeze blew across her synthleather-clad body, her fligtsuit having been left behind in the mad scramble to escape the station. "This doesn't feel like a foresting operation... What is this place?"

A boom sounded overheard, followed by a familiar shadow of an X-wing as it appeared above Flora. It landed next to the A-wing facing the opposite way as Gabriel landed on the ground while the X-wing was still a few feet in the air. The X-wing, while it was structurally sound, looked as through it had clawed it's way through a war with the amount of plasma scoring along the body and S-foils. Gabriel must have had something looking over him to have actually survived and rejoined them.

"Looks like an old Merc base that masqueraded as a mining and smuggling outpost." Gabriel said, walking over to a panel, passing Kara as he did, near Logan's Y-Wing and started tinkering with it, "This panel is linked to a set of three DSS-02 shield generators, linked together to form a tri-layer of protection over the area. I'll try to get the shield generators up and running..... Oh, of course the shit is passcode locked.... Guess it's the hard way, then...."

If anyone paid attention to him, they would realize he was shaking like a damn leaf. He was shaken up pretty badly from what had happened over Corellia. Couple that with him single handedly blowing away 25 out of 29 starfighters somehow after Flora left had him scared of what he might become in the future. While he was fighting, he'd felt invisible. Like nothing the enemy pilots could do could harm him. That wasn't like him at all.

"Yo, Logan!!" He called as he started messing with wires inside the panel, "See if you can find tools that you can use to do maintenance on our ships!! I'll join you once I get done with this!!"

With his own Y-wing's hatch opening for him, Logan hopped out, though not without taking his bare essentials with him; the A280 blaster of his, configured in its automatic rifle parts, Vibrorapier on his left hip, and his Vibroknucklers concealed within his shirt. Just as he landed on the ground did the *BOOM!* sound catch his attention with the shadow flying overhead... and saw it was the X-wing shape, so Logan knew who it was immediately. "...Way to make an entrance, as usual." Logan expressed, rolling his eyes to himself mostly, but sighed softly.

"Right, I'll get to that... But, before that, let me ask you just one thing. The hesitation back in Corellian airspace, both on the com and the station..." Logan began, and off as it was... it appeared as if he seemed to suggest that Gabriel was more than what he made himself out to be. He had no proof, however, and thus, Logan took a deep breath, finding that pursuing this may not mean well for either of them, if his instincts were right.

"...I'll save it for another time. But, keep your distance from me until then, Gabriel." There was a discerning amount of frustration that was seen in his eyes that seemed to also be expressed though his seemingly calm-spoken words. "Four, take whatever information you can that may be stored in the Y-wing's systems to figure out just what you can activate with it. Perhaps help Gabriel sort out his missing pass code problem for starters, before he rips things apart where they just won't work any longer." Logan looked back to his craft, with Four ejecting out of the astromech droid slot, and descended to the ground with the installed ion thrusters he placed on the droid for a means to get around off the ground if necessary. Once the droid landed, Four returned to its wheeled form of movement, making its way over towards the panel Gabriel was working on, extending a port to plug into the terminal closer to the base, beginning to try out a variety of pass codes.

As Logan entered one of the nearest buildings to gather up the necessary tools, he reached into the collar of his shirt for a pendant he carried; it was his sole memory of the only good times he had on Kuat. That is... before he was surrounded by flames and death, with Empire forces making a public statement to anyone intent to raising up against them. Hiding the pendant as well as the chain once more, he sorted through, finding a number of substandard tools that will do the trick in the maintenance shed.

When Logan emerged with the tools, which he pushed around on a functional hover cart, he made his way towards the landed aircraft, staring first with the most seriously damaged, which happened to be Gabriel's X-wing fighter. The stabilizer appeared to have been broken loose, being one of the few problems he saw immediately... a common problem seen in X-wing fighters, though such a small thing can be fixed with the right know-how, tools and parts. And with that, the red-head Kuatian set off to work on all available craft.

Kara kicked a few of the boxes cluttering the now empty living quarters. She had returned to her usual situation; lonely and feeling without use. On Corellia she had at least enough knowledge of who owned what and who could be paid to acquire what was needed, but here there was nobody to manipulate or plan with. Her lack of mechanical knowledge kept her away from Logan, and she was uncertain of how to introduce herself to Flora.

Kara watched out a window as the X-Wing pilot played with his ship. Even observing at this distance, Kara see he was not paying any real attention to what was before him. The hands just fiddled with the same knob over and over. Crooking her head as she watched with hands on hip, Kara wondered what danger having a wanna-be jedi with possible force powers who was in shock or unstable around would bring.

After deliberately making her way back outside and over to Gabriel, Kara adjusted her lekku and gently touched his shoulder and directly asked "Hey. You ok?"

The momentary calm had shattered with the arrival of Gabriel's X-Wing and then everything began to move very quickly indeed. The base had been opened up, the ships stashed away, and exploration had begun.

Underwhat had at first seemed a foresting outpost had revealed itself as a sprawling and well-fortified underground base. It had been abandoned at some point and the primary power was offline when they first broke in, but activating the generators had been simple enough and as the lights came on and the entire place hummed to readiness she found herself exploring its halls.

Bunk rooms down here, an armoury over there, even a firing range deep underground! Shield generators over there, power over there, Hangar hidden just under the surface, and at the centre of it all a control room, three seats and over a dozen screens all hooked into powerful mission control and sensors.

She was tempted to fire it up and see what she could do with it, but in truth, Flora wanted to know more about her companions. They had worked well together in the spur of the moment dogfight over the remains of the station but here and now they were still strangers.

Handsome and beautiful and obviously skilled strangers, but strangers.

Looking to Kara and Logan where they were talking, then to Gabriel, tinkering alone. She had questions for all of them, but after his entrance earlier, she had the most questions for the not-quite-Jedi, and strode over, folding her arms as she tapped her foot, leaving her throats to get his attention.

"So... Want to explain what happened after we all went to hyper? You vanished off sensors entirely, and I know your ship isn't equipped for stealth. I want details."

"Gotcha you sneakly little Bantha....." Gabriel snarled softly, getting a slight increase in his X-wing's thrust output by adjusting the fighter's throttle threshold.

He'd gotten the shield generators running within minutes of Logan's Astromech giving him a hand. That done, he left the droid with a promise to thoroughly clean and touch up it's coloring later as he'd moved to join Logan in doing maintenance on his X-wing. He knew what Logan said but, like it or not, Logan would have to deal with him for now. Plus, Gabriel wasn't one to take veiled idle threats sitting down. He'd let it go though as he had bigger things to deal with.

Such as not taking his missing lightsaber, which he put in a secret compartment prior to jumping out of his X-wing so he would have been grabbing at air, and running Kara through when she tapped his shoulder. He sighed heavily, banging his head against the head rest of the command couch as he squeezed his eyes shut briefly. He was pretty shaken up which was evident from his reaction. It was rare that he was spooked. Now was one of those times he was.

"Not really..... Feel like I went a few rounds with Rancor quintuplets." He said to Kara as Flora asked him something, "Got cornered before I could jump. Fought tooth, nail, and claw just to get free. That's about all I'll say on what happened. I don't want to talk about it, to be frank."

Unable to focus, he climbed out of his X-wing and walked to the Crew quarters, leading Kara by the hand as he went. It may have been the fact he was shell-shocked to a degree but he just wanted to find a place to curl up in peace to sort out his mind. Him dragging Kara along was probably because she talked to him first. He didn't know, he just wanted to find some peace and comfort.

"Sorry for more or less kidnapping you." He said to Kara after he flopped onto his stomach onto a bunk out of sight of the entrance of the crew quarters door as he looked up at her, "I'm not really open to being interrogated at the moment. What I need at the moment is companionship and a bit of comfort."

Under normal circumstances, Logan wouldn't have been quite as leery about those who fought alongside him, but an incident about his past kind of developed into a sort of phobia... Not exactly 'scared' of the fact of what they are, more cautious. Force sensitives; Logan had watched the way Gabriel fight, and the brief moments of hesitation he expressed every once in a while at the same time. Even though Kuat was under Empire control as he grew up, there still existed Force-sensitives... And just after hitting puberty, he fell in love with such a sensitive. She never trained as a Jedi or Sith, but she saw things long before they happened, her ability to see visions through the Force had Logan knew she was someone special.

Logan had planned it for the two of them to escape as soon as he was able to come in possession of an Imperial-class shuttle, though she seemed saddened somehow... not long after, the Emperor landed on Kuat, seeing for himself of the Star Destroyer manufacturing in the shipyards. It was here that the Force sensitive he loved was discovered because of her parents being interrogated, but she had already seen it take place in a Force vision, which she never told him about. She was the same age, but even unarmed with no intent on going against the Empire, the Emperor had her executed, and Logan himself was to be punished for hiding her, though his young age saved him from being put to death at the time...

Logan cursed softly under his breath... but recalled what he was doing; maintenance on the craft. He had finished his touches on the X-wing, and went through the rest of the fighters; the damage was minimal, but he was still rather peculiar to know they were properly functioning. Having Four lend its aid as well made the strain less impacting on Logan's form as a whole, and the fact he wasn't exactly by himself definitely helped.

"Well, that seems to be... it, Four. Now, I should finish with those teaks I said I would work on you when we got to a safe place." Logan finished with his own Y-wing, which suffered only minor damage from being close to the exploding shuttle. "Still... pisses me off he never warned us in advance. If he is as in tune with the Force as I think he is, Gabriel could have warned us sooner and we'd have had disabled the bomb they planted. Dammit..." Logan expressed with another curse; but soon shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Four. I guess I just have too much on my mind... I'll finish you up later. I just need a bit of time to vent out this stress. Maybe a walk around will help... feel free to find a place to recharge as necessary, Four; you deserve a bit of time to recover after what happened." Logan knew it would never do him good to keep things to himself, but such matters were quite personal. His astromech gave a few beeps and whistles, before rolling away, to do its own thing. Logan sorted all the tools and put them away, then he would stretch out before he took a wander around the incognito merc base, mostly as he didn't know the layout because of he was working on all the craft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom