Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blue Eyes White Lover (Fox)

They both paused briefly in taking their bites when Ryou gave his outburst, Mokuba because he was attempting to hold back his laughter, Seto in order to simply lift an eyebrow. Seto continued to eat while Mokuba was forced to hold his breath. Ryou's follow-up however, broke him.

Not only had someone just told off Seto Kaiba, not only had that telling off NOT been for the torture he was putting on them but for the waste of food during said torture, which had been more than enough to begin with. He'd never seen anything like that before. But then, THEN, the guy turns around two seconds later and appologises for, not doing it, but being rude about it! Mokuba absolutely lost it. And his laughter caught Seto up a bit too. Even he couldn't deny the hilarity of it.

Seto didn't laugh like his brother, although he did let of a short, amused huff of his own. He also turned a smirk on Ryou. "Eat your breakfast," he chastised almost lightly. "We have a schedule to keep."

He squeaked quietly and preened at the sudden, loud noise of Mokuba's laughter. He relaxed out of the shocked panic quickly enough, but he couldn't turn away from his boss. His nervous, wobbly grin remained until he heard a quiet grunt of amusement from the much taller man. It relaxed him from his taunt flight response, and his expression smoothed out into a more natural smile by the time that smirk was sent his way. He couldn't help but echo a bit of Mokuba's enjoyment with a quiet giggle of his own. "Right," he agreed with a nod before returning to his food.

They left not long after they'd finished eating and Ryou changed his clothes. Seto chose another very lovely and no doubt very expensive car to take to work. Just like the first, the back had much more room and was much comfier than it looked, and he sunk down into the leather seat. A bit more than he needed to.

Ryou had tried to keep his mood up. He truly had, but when the car pulled out, the weight of where they were going dropped onto his shoulders. They weren't going to Kaiba Corp. just yet. They were headed to his apartment. Seto Kaiba was driving to his terrible little apartment in the worst part of town. It was a miserable place to live, but it was home, and he found reasons to love it there.

He rested his shoulder against the door and stared absently out the tinted window. If the Kaiba brothers were talking in the front seats, he didn't hear a word. He just watched the world blur by while his mind wandered. Would it still look like home? Would it feel like home? He didn't own much. He wouldn't be surprised if everything had been either stolen or destroyed. Not much could have been done to his already ratty love seat, but he could already picture his living room now. The floor showered in sand and glass, his model of Egypt broken and shattered, his box of a TV flipped over. The kitchen couldn't be much better. The little food he kept stored in his cabinets and pantry was sure to be strewn about, and the only things of any real monetary value his home, the kitchen ware would be taken or beaten until useless.

And his bedroom... Ryou bit the inside of his cheek, doing his darndest to keep the burning in his eyes at bay. His twin bed would be flipped, clothes ripped from their places, his box of letters... torn to tiny pieces. The picture... The only picture. If it was Henderson that broke into his home, and he truly wished to crush his spirit, then that picture was...

He bit back a choke as they pulled up to the apartment complex, and steadied himself with a slow breath through his nose. He forced the burn in his eyes away and cleared his throat before removing his seat belt to leave the car, and face whatever mess was waiting for him.

Last edited:
The rest of breakfast followed smoothly. It was pleasant and Seto even managed to clean his plate. It wasn't something he tended to do in the morning, but the food was above average and Mokuba was doing his damnedest to keep the conversation light and airy; talking hopefully about future time spent together hanging out with his new friend and the things they might do together sometime soon. "Hey," the teen mentioned warmly as Seto excused himself politely upon finishing his food and turning to go get ready for the day. "Since I fell asleep last night, do you think we could watch that movie again sometime? What I saw so far was really good, and it totally sucks that I passed out before it was even over."

Big, sharp purple eyes were glued to the tallest male as he stalked from the room as stoically as ever, watching hard until he was out of both eye and ear shot before they turned back to Ryou and softened into happy crescents that were joined with a big cheery grin. "Wow, Seto must like your cooking just as much as I do, Ryou! I've just about never seen him actually sit down and eat a full-on breakfast before! Not even for a meeting!" Of course, his excitement for the news was utterly palpable. Even as he took his own last two bites and happily exclaimed his own liking of his meal with a warm, oozing, "mmmh~" for emphasis.

Ryou was dressed smartly, and they were on their way to his home in no time after that. Mokuba asked Seto a few questions about decorum for when they got to their friend's apartment; how he should act, what he should do to comfort him if this or that thing happens. Seto didn't have an answer for him, of course. Not only had he never been in such a situation, but he also wasn't the type of person to coddle someone in the way his little brother was asking about. At some point Seto did ask the albino male a somewhat unimportant question but his head was far too deep in the clouds for him to notice so the man dropped it rather abruptly. The youngest took notice but didn't say anything toward it. Though he did peek back at Ryou, then back up at his brother, curious in both instances. He wondered if letting Ryou ignore him was a way of comforting him or something. It didn't seem like something Seto could let slide that easily and he couldn't help but wonder if it was going to somehow come back to bite the poor, aching man in the ass somehow later on.

Once Seto parked, he lifted a hand in the universal sign to back down as both Mokuba and Ryou undid their seatbelts and prepared to get out of the car. "Hold on," he ordered almost gently. "The break-in might have been last night, but that doesn't mean whomever it was hasn't thought to come back looking for you, Ryou. We don't know if it was your apartment that was the main goal or you." Sharp eyes had given him a harsh look through the rear-view mirror as he said as much, but Seto turned his head and body far enough to lock eyes properly with the albino mouse, the look in ocean blue pools softer when they reached him this time. "I'm going to check and make sure no one is here first. When I'm finished with that in a moment, you can follow me up immediately."

With that, he unclasped the long handle on his door and pushed it open. "Gladois, protective custody." After saying as much, the door plopped shut. Then it locked.

And then there was a soft whirl of a noise and another soft knock that sounded close to the same as it had to the first lock. "Readin' ya loud and clear," the computer commented back despite the fact that Seto had already strode around the car with purpose and was now crossing the street and staring hard at his goal.

"Damnit Seto! We aren't children!" Mokuba shook hard at his own handle to no avail considering the fact that the interface had locked the car up super secure and tight for their safety. He really should have thought about that fact when they had taken this specific car. It was riddled with security features that made it practically impenetrable without knowing the proper way in or out. Only Seto knew that. However, despite the sharp complaint on his lips, he quickly went from dejected to suspicious within moments from each other, looking around the outside of the car carefully in worry. After all, this wasn't the first time he'd been in an unsecure situation in this vehicle. It could be horrifying; safe, but horrifying.

Seto Kaiba was clear, calm, and concise in his every step toward that apartment as he kept his attention on his surroundings. There were no interruptions on his way up. He received no response as he opened the yellow ribbon crossed door, tore the plastic pieces down, and stepped inside. Morning rays filtered in from outside, lighting up the apartment enough that he could see the absolute shit show all too clearly before him.

Cloth covered foot prints and skids of feet scraped across vital covered ground nearly made him cringe as he swept his eyes over the sullied crime scene. Small piles of broken dishes that someone had attempted to pick up here and there as if they thought they were helping, even a clean swipe of swept together sand in a vast spill across the floor of it... Seto had to pause for a moment and take a deep breath, pinching at the bridge of his nose as he did so in an attempt to calm himself down and keep himself on track of his current goal.

To his right as he walked in there was an old rack with ratty shoes and house slippers waiting for him to take off his own, not that he was going to, of course. To his left, an entry closet with a couple of old coats. Further in, a ratty old couch, a box of some kind that had been knocked off the peeling coffee table. As he went further on his right was the ruined kitchenette, some of which had been spared the destruction and subsequent clean-up of the rest. Further in the hallway was another closet. It was closed. The bathroom wasn't. Seto looked in there first. Nothing looked too messed up. Just seemed to have things tossed about, with as many toiletries shoved down into the toilet as possible. He was careful, but lightning fast in opening that closet. It was just a linen pantry. No one could possibly fit inside it. And surprisingly, it had been left entirely alone. Or at least, that was what it looked like from where he was standing. Although it did look a bit empty. Two or three sheets and a couple of towels only filled the shelves.

Seto then turned down the last of the hallway to the dead end of the apartment. He could already see that the assailant had obviously spent most of their time in the bedroom from where he stood. Again, there had obviously been an attempt to clean up and put together some things, which he could tell as he stepped in through the door frame and looked around. On the bed sat a cork board, several torn up papers stacked as neatly as possible and some other piece of colorful torn paper scattered about on top of it. Clothes were strewn everywhere, some ripped to shreds, some looked wet, others looked fine. The room was so small though, he could tell that no one was in here. Even the tattered bed sat too close to the floor to allow someone to hide underneath of it, and the wafer-thin closet was bare enough that no one could possibly be hiding behind anything within it.

He turned with a growl, clasping the communicator on his lapel and speaking into it gruffly. "Kiefer, I expect you to have a full report to me of everything you managed to collect and assess from this sad excuse for a crime scene by 10AM this morning," he demanded angrily. "And if I don't have everything those moronic cops have by lunch, you can kiss that new promotion you just got goodbye, right along with your new team."

"Of course, Kaiba Sir," Came the response. "My team and I are compiling everything as we speak. And, of course, we are taking care of getting the files at this moment as well."

When Seto stepped outside he was instead speaking into his sleeve, and Gladois gave a warm "Be careful for me, boys. I don't wanna lose the only entertainment I got, ya know," before disengaging the locks on the car as Seto waved them inside.

Back
Top Bottom