Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mystery of Wishes

wrath

Star
In a regular city there contained an irregular little shop. This strange little shop was just that. Strange. It seemed to carry things of the occult. Items ranging from spell books to potions. An elderly man in a black suit sits behind a worn out counter table. He slips in and out of sleep due to the lack of business. It was very stressful. His eyes shoot open as he hears the front door open.

A young girl of 18 with waist length black hair and emerald green eyes closed the door behind her looking sad. Hita sighed as looked around the small shop and spotted a lamp and asked "Sir would i be able to buy this, i need to replace my tea pot and this looks ok" she gently picked it up and walked over to the counter and asked "um how much is it"

The old man looks at the woman and then the object in her hands. " That old thing... I guess five dollars for such a beautiful woman as yourself. Enjoy." He types the money into the register. "Have a good day."

Hita anded him a 50 and said smiling at him "Keep the rest to help you sir, i dont need the money. Its a thank you for being the only one kind to me all day" she then left before he could say anything and went home. Once home she took a damp rag and started to clean the dust off it "Its gonna look nice after the dust is gone" she told herself as she sat in her empty home.

The elderly man is shocked at the sudden sight of the fifty. "T-thank you ma'am. Have a good day!" He attempts to shout of as Hita leaves the shop.

A few moments pass after Hita began to rub the old lamp. A white, pleasant smelling smoke bellows from the neck of the lamp. The smoke quickly surrounds its owner and fogs up the room. The smoke fades as quickly as it appeared, there were something strange. A man in black royal-esque clothes appears before Hita. "Hello mistress I am Ravel, the one who for a hundred years or so had lived within that very lamp in your hands. I’m what your people would call a "genie"." Ravel stood at 5'9 and had pale white skin, yellow eyes, and black hair with a small tint of red.

Hita who had shot up at the smoke, now stumbled back seeing the man and hit the wall hard. "Ouch i wish i knew what just happened" she shouted out in pain as she slid to the floor. She thought of how much pain she was in "Damn i also wish i wasnt in pain" she started to tear up.

"That didnt take too long." Ravel announces in a clear voice as he snaps his fingers twice. Once for her to instantly learn everything that had just occurred, and the second to quickly relieve her of her sudden pain. It was a good thing he wasn’t one of those "three wish" genies or he would almost be done and would be forced to return to his lamp.”Is there anything else that you would like to wish for?” By now the smoke should have completely cleared.

"...Well its hard to believe it but yes Im real..." He smiles at her and quickly tells her. " No you have as many wishes as you want. Im not like the story book genies." He walks to her and sits infront of her. "Anything else that you would like to wish for?"

She closed her eyes and said softly "Yeah the one thing i wish for most is for a guy, it could even be you for all i care, to love me and make me happy" She sat there and said "Right now there are so many things i want to wish for but that one is the one i want most to come true, to just be loved and be happy with the guy"

"Well that wish is a bit difficult...to force love upon someone is one of the forbidden rules of a genie...along with reviving the dead." Ravel looks at her. "But I will help grant that wish for you over time." He blushes lightly, he wasnt so fickle that he could tell her such a lie to her face. It wasnt like him. "I will do what I can to make you happy however."

She looked up at him and said sadly "How its not like i'm allowed to wish for you to be sexual or anything romantic like that right. I mean genie's arent allowed to do those kinds of wishes are they" she was wanting to know what kind of wishes were allowed and if she could make sexual related wishes.

"Well it is one hundred percent possible for me to grant sexual wishes." He informs her with a smile on his face. "Do you want me to grant any?" He looked so relaxed as he talked to her, it was as if he had experienced the same questions before. Which he had.

She looked at him "Um actually, would it be ok if we just sat here and talked a bit i actually want to get to know you and all the limits to me making wishes first. Like if you grant as many wishes as i want then how come your not with an old master" she was starting to loosen up and get comfortable talking with him.

Ravel smiles at her. "Sure we can talk about whatever you wish." He makes a small pun. "Why am I not with someone else? Well thats because my old owners have died or thrown me away. Once that happens I and my lamp vanish to someplace else." It was an annoying thing if he wasnt found for a while but it gave him time to relax and rest.

She looked at him and said "What would happen if someone wished you free" she had always wanted to know this truth come straight from a genie. She thought of her next question to ask knowing exactly what it would be

Ravel sighs and shrugs his shoulders. "Well I would become freed from this..."prison" but you would just take my place. You would then be thrown to the opposite ends of the earth if that were to happen."

"Yes...I can grant that wish to be your lover...most of the time I can be affected by your wishes." Ravel tells her. He could easily see himself falling for her but he would like to know her beforehand. It wasn’t really up to him though. "Would you like me to grant you that wish?"

She blushed "Not yet i'll let you know though ok." she thought and looked at the clock and said "Its getting late i have school tomorrow, um would you like somewhere to sleep that is not in that lamp its no problem if you want to" she was wanting him to be able to relax after being in the lamp for so long.

"Its not a problem...I can sleep anywhere." Ravel smiles as he sees her blush. "The truth is...I dont need to sleep...I cant really die..." He scratches the back of his head, it seemed as if he was ashamed that he couldn’t die. He lies near the corner of the room. "Im just letting you know Ill grant any wish you command." Even wishes muttered in sleep.

She tossed him a blanket and said "Thanks for the info Ravel but i'll let you know that whether i'm asleep or awake i always wish for the same thing...to not be alone anymore. And that came true with you just being here" she closed her eyes and bowed her head to him "The blanket is in case you get cold tonight, oh and feel free to come in my room anytime." she then left the room and went to her bed laying back and pulling the covers over her and said "I hope you like it here, night Ravel"

"Good night mistress." Ravel tells her as he lies on her couch. "I am glad that I could bring you such joy so quickly." He smiles at her as the room goes dark. Time passes in mere moments. He stares at the ceiling as he waits for the dawn.

As Hita sleeps she has a nightmare and cries in her sleep and screams sitting up. Hita hugs her knees and cries "I wish someone was here to comfort me" she had forgotten about having a genie and just wanted to be held after dreaming of the fire that took her mom from her leaving her alone

Ravel hears her shout aloud and he gets on his feet and walks to her room. "Is everything ok?" He walks close to her and sits beside her on the bed. He wraps his arm around Hita. " Dont worry you were just having a bad dream...everything is fine."

Back
Top Bottom