Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Pathfinder] The Autumnvale Brothel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tavish shook his head, clearing the stars from it after the creatures elbow had made an introduction. He was able to catch sight of the beast as its camouflage kicked in once again and it vanished from view. He looked around, trying to find where his dagger had gone, when he caught sight of something out of the corner of his eye. Looking up at the brothel, he saw the tentacled beast come tearing out of the window above. The young man just stared for a moment, a little dumbstruck, as the creature started to descend.

His entire body shivered for a moment as he shook himself and spurned into action once more. He moved his longsword to his left hand before drawing his second javelin of the night, and with a shout he hurled the shaft of wood up at the creature.

Javelin = 22 to hit
Damage = 9 if it hits

Fort save = 9
If there are any lasting effects from the poison

~~~ Autumnvale Brothel ~~~
(Aiko, Nina, Reabyne)​

Ophelia most certainly didn't notice Nina's stolen glance--the matron's attention was on what she likely considered far more important matters. She didn't even seem to notice Rea's words she was in such a rush, taking the stairs two at a time as she bounded up them and into the hallway of the third floor. The guards were quick to follow, but Variel was not and instead she slinked back into her room, albiet hesitantly.

Skylar, Tugara and the other woman from the brothel were there, just in the hall. Ophelia motioned them back into the room with a shout: "Back in the room! Close the shudder, lock it, and don't any of ya dare come out!" They just barely stepped aside as the woman bounded over to one of the rooms, fetched a key from her pocket, and opened the door that would have been right above Variel's room. In time to see the creature crawl passed the window, and up toward the ceiling... followed shortly by a javelin, and then, the entire mass of the creature dropping back down, and to the ground. Ophelia hissed under her breath, looking to the guards for a short, "C'mon," before she headed back down the stairs to meet the beast outside.

Variel sat down on her bed, taking a breath, her eyes following Reabyne as she dressed. "I suppose that lesson will have to wait... " she uttered in a slightly jovial tone. She didn't even seem to notice the large mass fall passed her window, down toward the floor, but Rea as she dressed certainly did. Aiko had paused to dress too, leaving taking anything a bit of a risk, but then again, there wasn't much to take unless she wished to swipe some of Variel's clothes, or toys.

~~~ Outside ~~~
(Tavish, Eris)​

The creature had been ascending the building, heading for the roof, when Tavish's javelin flew after it. It struck it right in what appeared to be its back, and then, it froze for a second before slowly peeling back off the side of the building--and falling. It dropped like a rock off the side of the building, and splattered on the dirt right next to the building. Some of its tentacles still rested on the building, reaching up the sides of it, while the rest all slopped about the ground.

It wasn't dead. The tentacles shifted and moved some, the large mass of its body shuddering, and wiggling--the javelin sticking from it. However, it was quite clearly wounded, injured in ways Tavish nor the fall hadn't done, and seemingly incapacitated for the moment.

Staring at the falling beast through the open window, Reabyne stops pulling on her clothes. "Well, I would not mind to further my experience... but while those tentacles was interesting enough, it really depends on what you want. And what the others choose to do. I feel that we should try to follow the fleeing monster to look for the kidnapped girls... But if they kill it, I am not good to follow its trails back to its lair."

The redheaded elf woman finish with dressing, but turns the whole ensemble into a long sleeved leggings that left only her arms and legs covered with a skintight shiny material, and all naked on the front to leave the naughty bits all accessible to Variel. "So, what are these toys?"

Nina will follow Ophelia and the guards to the bottom floor and outside.

"Any idea where the creature might keep the women?" She asks the other three.

Tavish kept his eye on the tenticle beast as he retrieved his dagger. Putting his full attention on the creature as he drew closer to it. Seeing that the thing was in no condition to put up a fight at the moment he didn't bother finishing it off, yet. Instead he waited nearby, ready to assault the creature should it do any thing he didn't like.

(Reabyne)​

Variel gave Reabyne a somewhat incredulous look, then shook her head. "I don't think I'm much in the mood to entertain any longer, never mind show you what those toys do," she noted, then motioned to the door. "If you want that thing alive I suggest you get downstairs before someone finishes it off... "

~~~ Outside ~~~
(Tavish, Nina)​

Beatrix, Ophelia, and the two guards along with Nina all come from the brothel, with Ophelia obviously seething. The woman had approached the downed beast with her blade ready, clearly intent on putting it down, but Nina's words stay the woman's hand for the moment. "I don't have a clue, but if ya wanna find out, then I'll give ya five minutes... then I'm getting mine... " Ophelia snarled, Beatrix giving her a pat on the back. "We'll find them, Lia. Don't worry."

The guards took up shaky positions around the creature as Tavish had, with Ophelia and Beatrix off to the side. Beatrix glances over to Tavish. "What happened to the other one?"

"Other one?" Ophelia butts in, making Beatrix nod, and motion to Tavish to explain.

Tavish nodded his head off in the direction the other creature had gone. "That way, Nasty thing, with natural camouflage and poison talons... I stuck it a couple of time first before he left, should be leaving a nice trail right about now" He said, a grim smile coming to his face. The young man looked down at the other creature at his feet "Now what are we going to do with this thing?" he asked prodding a nearby tentacle with his sword.

"We just had that, a mass of tentacles. Do you really think they are working together?" Nina commented walking forward.

"Oh well... I can watch what is happening down there from here, and also keep an eye on you. After all, we do not want someone to sneak away with you." Reabyne winked at Variel, and went to the window, but did not hide her goods... Morel ike she tried to frame herself for Valeriel to look at - but also from anyone watching from the outside. The tall redheaded elf eventried to pose sexily, not that she had any experience with it. With arms and legs covered, all the way to her neck and hips, her skintight clothes let nothing hidden in the front, baring and framing her assets - with the light red fur between her legs and the perky nipples on the similarly youthful breasts. But her back was clothed, except her hard ass, the dress connecting on her sides instead. *The perks of magical clothing-accessories.* she tought, but made sure that her weapons was at hands under the inner windowsill.

~~~ Outside ~~~
(Tavish, Nina)​

Ophelia glanced in the direction Tavish indicated, and practically snarled. "Should have killed it," she muttered under her breath, drawing a little elbow bump from Beatrix. One of the two guards, after the two discuss it for a moment, heads off to get their Captain, while the other remained to stand guard, along with Beatrix, Ophlelia, and those gathered.

"Odd timing if they aren't," Beatrix commented, as Ophelia, still clad in her armor with her blade, moved over to Tavish. She stepped up beside him, faced in the opposite direction, looking out toward where the creature had gone before she muttered, a bit on the quiet side. "Can ya track it?"

Beatrix, looking down at the creature, gave a shrug of her shoulders. "Don't wager we can keep this thing in a cell... "

(Reabyne)​

"Yeah, that would probably be bad... " Variel conceded as she moved through her room, and over to one of the armoires. From inside of it, she produced a simple black robe, which she slipped her arms into the sleeves and lightly tied the waistband of. Afterward, she went to gather a cloth, casting the occasional glance at Rea in the window, but mostly seemed to focus on cleaning up some of the mess the beast from earlier had left behind over the bed, and floor.

"I suppose that is true." Ndusina comments, as she walks over to Ophelia adjusting her own bra and boobs that had gotten dissettled in the running.

Staring at Ophelia with a slight blush on her face, Nina held the back of her hand to her slightly runny nose. "So when we meet this creature, kill it?" She asks.

Tavish nodded his head at Ophelia "I can" he answered her, and he was confident in his response. He kept the blade of his sword a few inches from the creatures flesh, ready in case in showed sudden signs of life and tried to attack them, of make a run for it like the other.

"Do we go after it?" Reabyne calls down from the window, keeping her voice normal, not wanting to be too loud. "Who will stay and protect the girls?" she adds, but is more interested in the reactions of people inadvertently looking up and seeing her bare chest framed in the window...

But she is ready to change into something more covering and durable, on her way down, as she is eager to join the party where the action is... For it seems she would get nothing if she stays.

Tavish looked up, trying to locate the owner of the voice from above, and got an eyeful as he saw Reabyne framed in the window, goods prominently on display. He had to tear his gaze away, returning his attention to the creature. He adjusted the sword in his hands, point down and positioned over what he thought was the creatures head. He looked up at the others "Any objections?" he asked, his intend to end the creature clear.

"And anything with it," Ophelia notes in answer to Nina's question, then she turned toward Tavish with a nod. Both her, the guard's, and Beatrix's eyes turned up at Reabyne's call, the male guard immediately turning red and looking away. Beatrix shook her head and chuckled, while Ophelia herself seemed unphased, her eyes smoothly moving from Rea and down to the creature. Then, she raised her hand as Tavish asked for any objections.

"Bea, will ya stay here with me to watch the girls?" Ophleia asked as she brought her large blade to bare, stepping around to stand on the opposite side of Tavish from the creature. "Aye, of course, Lia." Nodding, Ophelia looked back up to Rea. "Beatrix and I will stay here, all of ya go find that thing, and find my girls. Would rather stay here and protect who I've left, instead of running off and coming back later to find them missing too... "

Looking back down, she snarled some and, with a good swung, sunk her blade into the beast on the ground. It flailed about some for a few moments, but quickly went still, leaving Ophelia to remove her blade and start heading back toward the brothel, with Bea in tow. "If ya aren't back by sunrise, though... "

Reabyne agrees and reaches the group changed into her trekking-comfortable clothes, hiding her assets, with her bow and sword ready to run... or at least wander after the track-reading individual. While survival and perception was not her strenghts, she still was an elf and could see and shoot with adequate easiness.

Also, while the redhead was able to bluff or intimidate with the best, she still had an ace in her sleeves for alertness sake... Her pet viper. Maybe that was why she did noit felt disgusted at the touch of the tentacles previously, as she already had something snakeing across her flesh most of the time.

"Aye. Lets see where this monster came from, and who is its master..." while she wanted to help these people and find the disappeared girls, she wanted to wash clean the name of the elves a little more. Reabyne hoped that there would be rewards - even if not monetary.

Tavish sheathed his sword, and retrieved his dagger, returning the weapon to its sheath as well. He looked up at the Javelin sticking out of the wall of the brothel, about three stories up, and let out a low sigh. The half elf turned away, and made his way to the edge of the trees, casting about for signs of the creatures passage. Blood stains, footprints, disturbed foliage, anything that would give him a direction. He walked with a slight limp and favored his side thanks to the previous battle, but he didn't let that slow him down much.

Survival 19

Ophelia motioned to the remaining guard. "Come with me, gonna have ya help me watch the floors of my place. Bea, you too." As the group set off, the three others slipped back inside the building, with calls for others to come down. Granted, it took a few moments for Tavish to find the trail once everyone had headed over to the edge of town, so anyone else who wished to join them had time to get ready before setting off.

Footprints were hard to come by, but footprints, and damaged foilage less so--for whatever reason the creature left no signs upon the ground, but very clearly had stumbled into the occasional tree, or over the odd bush here and there. Bloodied handprints, and small pools dotted and lined the landscape leading further into the woods.

After a good twenty minutes of tracking, Tavish came upon something that might cause him to pause. The bloodied and broken trail left by the creature headed off in one direction, while what looked like a large, many-limbed mass headed off in another. Occasionally, the mass had a footprint or two, heading in the same direction, near to it, and these were clearly older, perhaps indicating that someone was being followed. Waiting too long for going after the creature, however, might prove a mistake as well.

"Tavish, is.." Nina started, before her nose twitched. "Is so.. som... mwa" Nina started her face rearing back as her eyes closed presenting her developed chest on full display. "A... Achu!" She sneezed into her hand her cleavage framed by her hand. "A....chu." Nina sneezed again, starting to raise her head. "Phtew." The dainty sneeze releasing a veritable cone of mucus across the ground.

"Did you see something?" Nina asked blushing as she started magically clearing her hand.

Tavish paused at the start of the trail, grimacing at the signs that he could make out. Taking out one of his potions of cure light wounds and downing the small vial, shivering at the sensation as his wounds healed. His nerves came alive as his flesh stitched itself together. He heard Nina behind him, and looked over his shoulder, catching an eyeful as she 'announced' herself. "Our quarry when this way... and its not the only monster that's passed this way either." he answered the girl, pointing out the more obvious signs. He waited there for the others to gather, not willing to tangle with the creature on his own again.

Potion of Cure light wounds = 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom