Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why Does the Caged Bird Sing? (Corsair and Xana)

It was a tight fit in the dressing room, and the delightful way it made Mercy move against her made it hard to want to pay attention to what she was saying. But Mercy’s words sent a different kind of thrill through Marilyn. “All of them?” she whispered back, reeling at the implications.

The singer turned and Marilyn unzipped her dress, letting her gloved fingers trail over the bare skin of her back as she eased it down and off. Mirrors on my he murmured all’s reflected both of them to infinity. “Something is good no down tonight, and I believe it has to do with the Raven.”

“Seems like he’s the only thing that could get all of them together,” Marilyn chuckled, appreciating the way Mercy moved as she shrugged into a shimmering black gown. “Think it’s a war council? Oh, and that dress looks fabulous on you. Wish I had the figure for it.” She But her lower lip and smiled. “Or in it.”

Now it now it was her turn to watch their reflections as Mercy undid her dress and helped her slip out of it, then pull on an electric blue number with a scandalously high hem only partly disguised by a long fring. She might not have Mercy’s bust or curves, but the gown cling nicely to her tomboyish body and showed her long legs to best effect. “Hm. I like it.”

“If you find a way to crash it,” Mercy said, pressed into her back, “I will cover you. Maybe we can find a scoop together?”

Warring reactions made Marilyn freeze. Yeah but could be a hell of a story. But, it also meant running into Vincent Morello. Absently she massaged her gloved hands, shaking as she remembered hours of terror and pain and shame that ended... “I... Yeah,” she finally managed. “Yeah, I can do that. Hell of a story, right?”

Suddenly she turned, watching her infinite reflections move as she pushed Mercy back against the smooth glass. Gloved hands skinned over satin-clad hips, pulling the two women close together. “How will you cover me?” she whispered, breath hot on her lips. Fuck, but she wanted Mercy right now. Wanted to lose herself in pleasure, chasing away the horrors of the past. “I need details.”

FF Smut Scene: Mercy and Marilyn
“What if I just showed you?” Mercedes exhaled, cupping Marilyn’s face. Stockings brushed against stockings as Mercedes slid her thigh between Marilyn’s. Lingering, distant guilt at the night she’d spent with the Raven remained but became easier to ignore as Marilyn’s perfume filled her senses. Whatever they were, they didn’t need figure it out right now.

Mercedes opened her mouth to Marilyn’s tongue, savoring the kiss, the heat of Marilyn’s body, her silken grip on Mercedes’ hips. Everything about Marilyn felt good, felt right, and stood in contrast to how much she hated her husband and his boorish touch.

Emboldened by recent experience, Mercedes explored Marilyn with new confidence. Molded hands to her high, firm breasts, before trailing down that tight stomach. “You feel so good,” Mercedes admitted, grazing Marilyn’s jaw with teeth, before finding a vein to bite. Adventurous hands moved even lower, going under the hem of her dress to tease Marilyn over her underwear. “Tell me you want me inside you.”

“What if I just showed you?” Mercy breathed, and the smooth feel of her stockinged leg sliding between her thighs made Marilyn gasp.

“I want that,” Marilyn whispered back, pressing her lips to Mercy’s. Her mouth opened, allowing her tongue to explore the furnace if her mouth. In her peripheral vision she could see Mercy’s expression of pleasure in the infinite reflections, could watch Mercy cup and caress her small, firm breasts before sliding down her body.

“You feel so good,” Mercedes murmured against her skin, punctuating her words with tiny, heated kisses and bites along her jaw and down her throat. Helpless before her, Marilyn sighed and let her read roll back, arching her body against Mercy. Her reward was the feel of fingers sliding under her hem and over her bare thighs, stroking over her mound. “Tell me you want me inside you.”

“Yes,” Marilyn breathed, shifting and widening her stance. Her hips rocked, and she could see her reflections with their skirts hiked up as they ground against Mercy’s hand. “God, yes,” she gasped, gripping her hips and sagging into her. “Please... I want you... inside... me...”

There was something about desire, willing, enthusiastic desire that turned Mercedes the fuck on. Marilyn’ sweet moans and hungry body language was music to her ears. Too much time had been spent in terror and revulsion, fearing the next time she’d have to fuck Vinnie. She wanted more of this, more moments of bliss and longing.

She pulled Marilyn’s panties to the side and gasped as she met Marilyn’s dripping folds. Fingers slipped in with no resistance, making a sucking sound just over Marilyn’s cry. Mercedes covered Marilyn’s mouth with her own, drinking down her delighted moans. There was a slight fear the shopkeeper would hear then, a slight fear that made the moment even more thrilling. “You feel so good,” Mercedes moaned biting Marilyn’s lip, “So hot and wet on my fingers.”

Mercy ground herself against Marilyn’s thigh, moving in time with her strokes. Her thumb teased the taller woman’s clit, brushing against the throbbing nub again and again. “Tell me you like it,” Mercedes growled, driving harder as Marilyn clenched. “Tell me you want it.”

Marilyn clung to Mercy’s shoulders, struggling to be quiet as the singer’s fingers filled her. “God,” she moaned, breathing the aching blasphemy into Mercy’s lips. “Oh... oh, fuck...”. Gasping, she opened her mouth and shivered as teeth bi and tugged her lip.

She was used to being the aggressor in sex, pursuing women or men as it pleased her. Getting no what she wanted when she wanted it, and teasing and denying her various conquests when it suited her. It was delicious to have the role reversed, to have Mercy plundering and claiming her and leaving her so desperate she could only beg for more. And beg she did, opening her legs wider and arching her back, offering herself in ecstatic surrender to the gorgeous woman inside her.

“Tell me you like it,” Mercedes growled, driving harder into her.

“I... I do...” Marilyn gasped, whimpering as she squeezed around Mercy’sfngers.

“Tell me you want it,” the singer demanded, thumb moving on her clit in time with the pulsating grip of her walls.

“I... I want it...” Marilyn moaned, clinging to the other woman. “Oh... oh fuck... I want it... so... so fucking bad...”. She barely had time or the presence of mind to lean into Mercy as she climaxed, filling her mouth and stifling her cry of pleasure with the singer’s tongue. A low, long whimper still escaped her as she pulsed around the fingers filling by her, drenching Mercy’s hand with pleasure.

“Oh... fuck...” she gasped, gloved hands clinging to Mercy’s bare shoulders to keep her from sagging to the floor. She looked wearily around, drinking in the endlessly reflected sight of their entwined bodies. “I... I gotta get me... one of these... these rooms...”

Mercedes giggled, bringing her fingers up to her lips to suck Marilyn’s pleasure off them. “You taste even better than you felt.” She shared that musky flavor with Marilyn, indulging in a lingering, lazy kiss. When the kissed broke, she sighed, knowing she would have to return her life now. “I should get going; I can only get away with shopping for so long. But that dress looks really good on you.”

After more kiss, needy and wishing it didn’t have to end, Mercedes put her clothes back on. The shop keep gave her an amused and knowing look, and she flashing that same smirk back at him, draping her dresses over the counter. “I’ll take all of these, and the one she picked out. Charge it to Vinnie Morello.”

~*~

In the hopes that she could avoid Vinnie another night, Mercedes chose a modest white silk dress, conservatively cut to hint at her curves without emphasizing them. She wasn’t sure it worked, because Vinnie still pressed himself against her while she finished applying her makeup, whispering about how he couldn’t wait to peel her out of her dress later on that night. Memories of Marilyn’s exuberant delight was the only thing that kept her calm in those moments, when her skin shriveled at his touch. She played it off with a giggle (and a large swallow of whisky when he left the room), as well as a second drink in the car on the way to the mayor’s.

The party was well underway once they arrived, a spectacular of conspicuous consumption and new wealth. Flappers in provocative dresses passed by the couple, and Vinnie didn’t bother hiding as his eyes followed their movements. Once, Mercy would have been offended by his boorish behavior, but tonight it worked in her favor. Let him get distracted chasing some piece of tail, while she looked for Marilyn, and a scope to expose the Mayor’s dirty dealings.

William looked up from his book at the sound of his sister entering the sitting room. She was wearing a black, beaded gown with matching gloves and hat, and a choker with a blackbird cameo. “Well,” he said. “You look nice. Big night planned?”

“Something like that,” she agreed cheerily, crossing the room and opening a desk drawer. “I’m going to the mayor’s shindig.”

The hair felt like it stood up on his arms. “Really?” he said, voice carefully casual as he marked his place. “I thought it was invitation only.” He eyed her dress. “You aren’t dressed right to...”

“I’m going as Mercedes Morello’s ‘plus one’,” she answered, examining the contents of the drawer. “Although, to be honest, I don’t think she told Hizzoner that.”

“You’re sure?” All of his attention was on his sister now, and he could see the tension in her back and neck. “That means Enforcer Morello will be there as well.”

He could see her hands tighten into fists at his mention of the name. “Yeah. But we need to know what’s going on, don’t we?” A harsh bark of laughter. “The public has a right to know, after all.”

He said nothing, letting her talk if she wanted. She didn’t, not right away. “Besides,” she said, “I heard it’ll be a hell of a party.” Her gloved hand closed on a .32 automatic. “So I’ll make sure to use protection.”

-*-

Marilyn circulated among the invited guests, making small talk and carefully not drinking any of the champagne she lifted off n occasion from a passing tray. Not that she was opposed to a bit of bootleg hootch, from time to time. Prohibition was a goddamn stupid law, after all. But she recognized a couple of the men she’d seen tonight, remembered them, and she knew that she wouldn’t be able to stop with one drink to settle her nerves.

They hadn’t recognized her, though. Even the one that had spoken to her, and who hadn’t been particularly discrete checking out her rack. Dolled up, she didn’t look much like frumpy Mary Stone, collateral damage from five years ago. He’d sauntered off after a few would-be flirty lines, and both the drink in her hand and the automatic in her clutch had been powerful temptations.

Fuck. Why had she come here, again? It wasn’t like Hizzoner was going to lay out his grand scheme in front of the entire party, after all. That would probably be upstairs, where she couldn’t go. Not dressed like this, at least.

The only reason the hand on her shoulder didn’t make her jump was the sweet voice murmuring her name at the same time. Smiling her first genuine smile of the evening, she turned and embraced the other woman - possibly just a little longer and more intimately than was appropriate for ‘just friends’. “Mercy!” she laughed. “Am I ever glad to see you!”

Mercedes didn’t let Marilyn go easily and didn’t care at the moment how it might look. It wasn’t like anyone would really think there was anything more between them than friendship. Not a good Catholic girl like her. At least, if Vinnie did suspect there was something between her and Marilyn, he wouldn’t view it as cheating. Just an opportunity to indulge in one of his crude fantasies. But the afternoon she’d spent with Marilyn was far preferable to the evening Vinnie expected, and Marilyn’s embrace was a small reprieve from her wifely duties. “Always a pleasure to see you.”

Much of the evening was spent pointing out the big names in organized crime. Mercedes had years of rumors and gossip and insider information on each of them, and finally had someone who could use the tidbits she’d squirreled away. And while she might have impressed Marilyn with all that, it wasn’t the reason she was here. And the reason she was here was already presenting a problem.

“We aren’t going to get much if we can’t get upstairs, or wherever they are having their meeting.”

Upstairs…Mercedes considered that. How would she get upstairs? An idea struck her, right in the gut, and already her face twisted into disgust. “I could ask Vinnie to…” she shuddered, unable to believe she could stomach it, much less say it, “To take me upstairs. I’d probably have to go through with it to…to get anything…”

Mercedes grabbed a glass of champagne off a passing tray and drank half the flute in a single swallow. Pretending to be drunk would be the best win to convince Vinnie of her sincerity. Actually being drunk was her best bet for being able to go through with it. “Will you be okay down here, by yourself? I’d meet you as soon as I knew anything, I…” Another deep drink of champagne, to soothe her fears, to steel her resolve. To numb the pain.

Marilyn’s cringe was only visible to her. “Will you be okay? I know what he did to you,” she asked, in a strained whisper.

Part of her wished Marilyn would have talked her out of it. Wished Marilyn would have come up with a much better plan, with no risk and no need to fuck her rapist. Their rapist. But Mercedes was kidding herself, and she knew it. “You came here, after what he did to you. If… if this helps take him down, then what choice do I have?” She held Marilyn’s gaze for nearly a minute, finding sympathy and unity in her dark eyes. "I should probably get on that, before I lose my nerve. Or my dinner.” She drained her glass, and squeezed Marilyn’s hand, before turning off in search of her husband.

She didn’t recognize the man he was taking to, probably some legitime businessmen for once. It didn’t matter. She molded her body to Vinnie’s, brushing her nose against his cheek, “All this champagne made me dizzy.” She giggled then, exaggerated, and rubbed herself against him. The businessman stared, amused and perhaps a touch envious, but Mercedes didn’t think about him. Tried not to think about her husband, either, channeling fantasies and memories about Marilyn or the Raven. “Maybe you can take me upstairs and lay me down.” She giggled again, brushing her hand over his chest, rather indiscreetly. “Please, baby…”

MF Dubcon scene: Vinnie and Mercy
Vinnie felt himself go stiff as Mercedes presses herself up against him, and his train of thought drained right down into his dick. The sight of the palooka he’d been talking to checking out his wife and clearly wishing he could get some of that just made it better. “All this champagne made me dizzy,” she giggled, rubbing herself against him.

“Has it now, baby?” he grinned, slipping an arm around her waist. “You okay?”

“Maybe you can take me upstairs and lay me down.” She giggled again, brushing her hand over his chest, rather indiscreetly. “Please, baby…”

“Sure thing, baby,” he leered, before glancing back at the man he’d been talking to. “I’ll give you a call later, Carl. Gotta go take care of my wife, you know?”

“I’ll bet you do.” The envious reply made Vinnie grin as he steered Mercy towards the stairs.

-*-

Marilyn turned her head, sipping lightly at a glass of champagne and watching Mercy’s performance in a mirror. The sight of what she was doing with her rapist made her want to retch. It reminded her of the weight of the automatic tucked into her purse, and her palms began to itch. One quick move, she knew, and the bastard would be dead before anyone could act.

Maybe. Or, maybe, the Organization’s moons would stomp her head into the floor before she could make sure. And then they’d have her.

Again.

So Marilyn watched as Mercy and Enforcer Morello made their way up the stairs. Watched, and gripped the stem of her glass so hard it seemed it would snap. “Never again,” she hissed. “Never...”

-*-

“More, huh? You want more of me?”

Vinnie grinned, his weight pressing Mercy into the wall as he pushed his tongue between her lips. His hands crawled over her body, exploring her through the thin fabric of her dress. “Fuck, baby, maybe I should get shot more,” leered, hiking her dress up over her hips and running his hands over her stockinged legs. “You’ve been wild for me ever since I got outta the hospital.”

They hadn’t made it to a bedroom. Hell, they’d barely managed to close the door of the little office they’d found, right next to the conference room, before Mercy had been all over him. And Goddamn if he wasn’t enjoying it.

He peeled her panties down over one leg and then the other, jamming the lacy silk into a pocket. Then he kissed her again, tasting the booze on her mouth as he fumbled with his trousers. Shoving her back, bracing her on the desk, he thrust into her. “Oh, fuck yeah,” he growled, feeling her grip his cock. “You always feel so good on me, baby.”

“Fuck, baby, maybe I should get shot more.”

It was hard to hold back her snicker at that. I could go for you getting shot again. Right now, especially. But Mercy didn’t say anything, instead playing out the act. It took every fiber of her being not to fight Vinnie off., Or sob. Or retch. All she allowed herself was to shudder –quake– as he pawed at her. Vinnie took this to be need, pushing into her without word or warning. A sharp gasp escaped her lips.

“Oh, fuck yeah. You always feel so good on me, baby.”

“Vinnie…” she whimpered digging nails in his back to keep herself from pushing him away. Every inch of her skin reviled his touch. The wood desk creaked with his movements, echoing his panting. There was patience in his strokes, and no pleasure for her. Just frantic momentum that slammed into tight, unprepared walls, forcing her to take it. Forcing her to remember that night again.

“Cum, please,” she begged, begging for an end to the self-imposed torment. “Please…oh please… tell me you’re close…” She couldn’t last much longer, she couldn’t. Every thrust, every caress, every ragged breath that burst from his lips, she hated it all. Hated her husband, hated herself. “God Vinnie…please…” Just let this end, please.

Vinnie climaxed with a gasp, driving himself hard and deep with a final thrust and emptying himself into Mercy’s body. “Oh fuck, baby,” ha gasped, caressing her stockinged thighs as the last of his seed pulsed from his softening cock. “Fuck that was hot, baby,” he added, kissing her roughly. “I outta bring you to more parties, babe. You look so fuckin’ good, all dolled up.”

Grinning, he glanced at his way ch and sighed. “Shit. I’d love to go again, but I gotta work thing. Ain’t all fun and games tonight.” He glanced around as he slid from her, then dug out a handkerchief and wiped his cock off. “But I promise you a wild night, when we get home.”

Stuffing himself back into his pants. “Although...” he said slowly, looking at Nercy with a calculating glance. “After last night, well, Silvio done fucked up. Big. Sold me on a plan to take out that Raven puttana, and just got a bunch of the boys shot up and a warehouse burned. But you?” He chuckled. “You got a good head on that nice body. Maybe you’ll have some ideas?”

He kissed her again, a quick peck that deepened as his hands roamed her body. “Fuck, babe,” he husked. “Maybe you should stay right here and wait for me.”

Mercedes forced a smile as Vinnie promised a wild night once they got home. Fuck, she couldn’t do this again, not tonight. “Sure thing, Vinnie,” She managed a giggle to hold down her desire to retch, holding herself together just long enough for him to leave the room. Finally, she released a strangled cry, half wail and half sob.

She wished the Raven would show up now, maybe even shoot her husband again. But, no, she didn’t want him to see her like this. Not reeking of Vinnie and on the verge of tears. If anything, he had shown her that she was strong, stronger than she’d ever believed possible. And now, it was time to use that strength.

She cleaned herself off best she could, counting down the minutes until she could shower. Wishing she had the sense to bring a drink up here with her. Snooping around, she found a quarter bottle of whiskey in his bottom deck draw. Without even thinking, she finished it off. Needing that numbness, needing to separate herself from the body she’d been violated in.

Finally, there was noise in the neighboring room. Leaning in close to the adjoining wall, Mercy listened in.

“It’s not just us he is makin’ a fool of now, Mayor. Even after you declared him a public enemy, he still goes out into the night.” Mercy couldn’t place this first voice, but he sounded Italian. Al Capone, maybe?

“Worse even, he’s multiplin’. Breeding like fuckin’ rats, and now there is two of ‘em.” She recognized her husband’s voice then, filled with a restrained anger. What did they know about her, as the Nightingale?

“I took the liberty of calling in an exterminator to handle our bird problem, and he is one of the best.” This was definitely the Mayor speaking. “L’ombra, the man who never misses. He’s got a confirmed kill list a mile long.”

“We gonna hire ‘nother masked fucker to kill the first masked fucker?” Someone new grumbled. His deep voice made Mercy think it belonged to Eyeball Randall.

“Yes, we are, because I cannot have this Raven causing havoc in the streets.” The mayor again. “None of us can afford the continued interruptions he is responsible for, and if he continues to have success, he’ll have half of Chicago rooting for him.”

“Yeah, well a hired gun isn’t cheap, and one who never misses is gonna run a big tab. How much we talkin’?” Vinnie, this time.

“Fifty grand.” The other men scoffed and snickered, so the mayor continued, “I am going to need twelve grand from each of you

Capone spoke up, “That’s pretty fuckin’ steep.”

“Yeah? And how much is the Raven costing you right now? How much more is he going to cost you if we don’t put an end to it now?” More grumbling followed, before the men agreed in wordless assent.

Holy shit, the Major really did arrange to a hitman to take out the Raven. And her, apparently. But…could Marilyn really use this information? Had she dragged that poor woman here, in proximity to the man who assault her, for something she couldn’t even use? Fuck! She’d have to go down there, and apologize, and…

Ignoring the assurance she gave Vinnie, Mercedes stumbled down the stairs and back towards the party.

Marilyn chatted with a commodities broker on autopilot, making small noises of interest and nodding her head at the right times without really registering what she was hearing. Her attention was upstairs, and her thoughts were consumed with rage and worry and self-loathing. She’d let Mercy go up there, let her go with Enforcer Morello. Let her go fuck the man who’d beaten and raped her, in hopes of finding out what the meeting was about.

“That’s fascinating,” she murmured, offering a smile she didn’t feel. “Tell me more.”

Fuck it. Danger or no, she should walk up there right now and blow his brains right out. Plans be damned. Just end the son of a bitch, then grab Mercy and run like hell. Vanish for a while. New York, maybe. Or London, or Paris. Anywhere the two of them could disappear until North Side aye itself alive.

Absently, her gloved fingers toyed with the blackbird cameo at her throat. The broker noticed the gesture and moved slightly closer, taking it for flirting. Under other circumstances, maybe she would have pursued it. He was handsome enough, and the ring on his left hand didn’t bother her if it didn’t bother him. But not now.

Not with Mercy coming down the stairs. Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of her, slightly rumpled and makeup a little smudged. “Excuse me,” she murmured,heart in her throat. “There’s someone I need to talk to.”

Not running to Mercy was the hardest thing she’d ever done. She kept her pace measured, weaving through the crowd of guests, and somehow didn’t throw herself into the other woman’s arms and try to comfort her. “Are... are you... all right?”

Mercedes staggered down the stairs, vision blurry as she returned to the main floor. She didn’t recognize Marilyn until she was right beside her, gloved hands gentle on Mercedes’ bare arms.

“Are... are you... all right?”

“Air,” she rasped out, each breath heavy in her lungs. “I need air.” Desperate fingers pulled Marilyn along, keeping her close. Wishing the scent of Marilyn’s perfume could overpower the stench of Vinnie’s perspiration.

Outside the mayor’s mansion, Mercedes gasped, trying to clear the growing panic from her mind. Vinnie dripped down her thighs with each step, cool and clammy now. Disgusting. She found a wrought iron bench to sit on, and she pulled Marilyn close.

“I…I don’t know if it helps you. I don’t know if you can use this, but…” Fuck! What had she done? Dragging Marilyn, poor Marilyn here, for what? “The mayor, he…he…Oh Jesus…” The memory of Vinnie’s breath came back, hot on her face as he panted over her. Forcing her open again. Focus! “He hired an assassin. Hired a Shadow, to hunt the Raven…” Once she started speaking, the words spilled, coming out faster than her heaving breaths or racing heart. Faster than her rattled mind, forgetting to translate the words into English.

"L'ombra, non manca mai. Lo ucciderà e l'altro. Uccidimi, perché ho aiutato il corvo. Un'ombra mascherata ci ucciderà entrambi, per le maschere che indossiamo. " “The Shadow, he never misses. He’s going to kill him, and the other one. Kill me, because I helped the Raven. A masked shadow will kill us both, for the masks we wear.”

Her breaths came faster now, unable to fill her lungs. Her world shrunk, collapsing in on her and she fell apart. Head buried in Marilyn’s shoulder, she sobbed, and remembered this time to speak English. “Ss…Sorry. I can’t go home with Vinnie tonight. I can’t.”

The Italian was meaningless to Marilyn, but the emotion in Mercy’s voice was heartbreakingly plain. He’d been through hell to get whatever it was she’d learned. “All really got, come on,” she decided at the Last desperate request. “You’re coming with me.”

It’s an arm around Mercy’s shoulder she gently led her towards the exit, steering her around curious onlookers. “Not feeling well,” she murmured to one. “Coming down with something.” The lies were easy, masking the truth she wanted to scream. She let her rapist husband fuck her to help me!

Finally they were outside, and the valet was bringing her car around. As they waited, Marilyn held Mercy and stroked her dark hair, letting the emotion pour out. “I’m sorry,” she whispered, trying not to break down as well. “I’m sorry.”

-*-

William turned off the radio and stretched, yawning as he did. He’d chosen not to go out tonight, deciding he needed to get some sleep and worrying about his sister. So, naturally, the late hours he kept had conspired to keep him awake anyway. Grimacing, he finished his water and contemplated something stronger as a sleep aid before rejecting it.

Then he heard the door open.

Sliding his feet into his slippers, he rose and headed into the hall. “You’re back early, Mary,” he called. “Did you...”

Marilyn wasn’t alone. Standing close by her was the shapely form of Mercedes Morello, makeup smeared and face streaked with tears, arms wrapped around herself. “William,” Marilyn said as she finished locking the door, “we have a situation.”

“A... situation.” William looked from one woman to the other. Something bad had clearly happened, bad enough to make Mary decide that bringing Enforcer Morello’s wife home with her was a good idea. “All right,” he decided. “Peters and Miss Brown went to sleep hours ago, but the Blue Room is made up already.” He looked at Mercy. “Why don’t we go into the kitchen and get a drink, first?”

Well, this was awkward. Mercedes hadn’t seen William since the night they kissed, when she’d wanted to take things further, but had been unable to. Because of what Vinnie had done to her. And now, here she was again, this time because of what she let Vinnie do. And because she couldn’t bear the thought of doing it again.

Mercedes nodded, trying to smile, but not managing it. Perhaps she was tired of wearing a liar’s face, and wanted to feel her own genuine emotions for once. Still, she managed a weak “thanks,” and followed him into the kitchen. He filled a glass with water and passed it to her, looking at her with the same concern he had the last time they were together, when she freaked out in the middle of kissing, and pushed him away. So much had happened since that night, and still she found herself back to this. She drained the water in a single long drink.

Still, she couldn’t forget what she’d done with the Raven, just last night. And with Marilyn, just this afternoon. And now Vinnie, just a little while ago. Fuck, she really was a whore, wasn’t she?

“Sorry to do this to ya,” she murmured, running her finger over the rim of her empty glass. “I dunno what I am doin’, anymore.” She laughed, a short, hallow syllable, and shook her head. “Maybe I can be useful, at least. Maybe to someone, anyways. The mayor, he… He got a hired gun, to take out the Raven. L’Ombra, the shadow. Got the gangs to help him pay for it.” Blowing out a long breath, she ran her hands down her face. “Fuck, I dunno, does that help any? Can ya use it?”

William took a seat at the table, listening as Mercy spoke. In the background plates rattled, the sound of Marilyn getting something to eat. “That’s... helpful. It’s not something I can print, not yet, but it’s helpful. It’s a starting point.” He scratched the stubble on his chin. “I’ve never heard of this L’ombra, though. Are they hiring Orson Wells to go after the Raven?” He chuckled at his own joke.

“I have,” Marilyn said, setting a plate on the table and joining them. It looked like she’d started to make sandwiches and stopped, deciding on a plate with bread and cheese and cold meats.

“You have?” Will eyed her curiously.

“Oh, not a lot. Something I saw in the papers, when I went to Paris.” Marilyn toyed with the plate, gloved hands turning it listlessly. It had been the year after his fiancée had been murdered, Will remembered. The year after Marilyn’s bare survival. L'ombre frappe! Mystère tireur assassins ministre! That kind of rubbish.”

“What did they say about him?” Will asked.

Marilyn shrugged. “Beats me. I wasn’t in the mood for politics or crime, back then.” She stifled a yawn. “I’m beat, though. Think you can show Mercy to the Blue Room, if I call it an early night?”

“Yeah, I can manage that.” He watched his sister leave, then turned back to Mercy. “Are you ready to turn in?” he asked, trying to ignore the sudden memory of her in the park, if her clinging to him just the night before. “If not, I can put the radio on, or we can just talk.”

Mercedes nibbled on some cheese, hoping to settle her stomach. It helped some, but perhaps it was more the pleasant company and the knowledge that she could avoid her husband’s touch another night. She offered William a sheepish grin as he assured her it helped. At least the entire evening wasn’t for naught. William and Marilyn could use that info, somehow. All that remained was to warn the Raven. He promised he'd come to the club, and even if she didn’t know who he was, he’d be listening, and she could drop a hint in a song, a warning, so he could live to fight the war against her husband another day.

“Are you ready to turn in?” William’s question broke through her thoughts. His eyes were contemplative, somehow looking towards, but not at her. “If not, I can put the radio on, or we can just talk.”

“I kinna wanna get cleaned off, if ya dun mind.” Scarlet glowed on her cheeks, and she looked down, wondering how it might go if he joined her in the shower. But not tonight, while Vinnie’s filth lingered on her. “Then I guess I can get ta sleep.”

The shower was nice, hot water washing away Vinnie’s touch, but once it was done, she was left alone with the memories. Of inviting Vinnie, and playing along as he fucked her. Let him touch her again, touch with the same hands that had beat her before. Let him fuck her, after he’d raped her not so long ago.

Throwing on the robe William had left for her to wear to bed, Mercedes slinked through the Stone Manor. Nothing was wrong with the blue room, but she couldn’t sleep there tonight. Not while Vinnie haunted her thoughts. She didn’t care which stone sibling she found first, she just didn’t want to be alone.

As if so happened, she found William, in his room. With the door ajar, she could tell he was not yet asleep. So she knocked softly, and entered as his word.

“Sorry, again, I jus…” Fuck, what was she doing? She pushed a wet clump of hair back behind her ear and tried again. “I dun wanna alone tonight. Can ya…” Teeth peaked out to bite her lower lip. How can she ask for this, after everything else he’s offered her? After sharing a kiss, a warm, welcoming embrace, and then pushing him away? Somehow, her need for comfort outweighed her embarrassment.

“Can I sleep in here, with you?”

“I kinna wanna get cleaned off, if ya dun mind.” Mercy said, blushing before she stared down at the table. “Then I guess I can get ta sleep.”

Will tried hard not to think about another shower, and a half-invitation to share. Instead he nodded and rose, gesturing for her to follow. “Easily arranged,” he declared as he headed for the hallway. “The guest rooms are suites, really, each with a private bath. Marilyn will probably have left you a robe and a nitrogen - they’ll be big on you, but they’ll be clean, so you can change when you’re finished.”

The eyes of the painting of Odin in the hallway seemed to track them as they headed up the stairs. Will kept up a steady stream of small talk, pointing out features of the architecture, trying to help Mercy feel safe and keep his mind from memories of her body clinging to his. It was relief and a disappointment both when he opened the door to the Blue Room, then retreated to his own bedroom.

Relief of a sort, anyway. The knowledge that Mercy was just a few doors away combined with the memory of their stolen moment together - he knowing who she was, but she not knowing who he was - to keep his nerves keyed up. Grimacing, he changed into his pajamas and poured a small glass of Prohibition-skirting homemade wine. The acid taste did little to soothe his nerves.

There was a knock at the door. “Come in,” he called, then blinked as he saw Mercy in the doorway. He shouldn’t have been surprised, everyone else was asleep or out for the evening, but he was.

“Sorry, again, I jus…” Her voice trailed away, and she pushed a wet clump of hair back behind her ear and tried again. “I dun wanna alone tonight. Can ya…”

“Can I...?” he prompted, staring in fascinationas she bit her lower lip, imagining - remembering - the feel of her lips and teeth on his skin.

“Can I sleep in here, with you?”

“Uhm...”. He felt his brain seize up at the request. “I, uh, are you sure. I mean... we’ll...”. He but his own lip now, trying to stop the flow of babble. “I’ve... just got the one... the one bed. You’re welcome to, but, well...” he gestured helplessly. “Are,,, you sure?” he finished, unsure what he meant.

Tears welled in Mercedes’ eyes, and it was on the tip of her tongue to apologize, and flee from the room to cry. She’d pushed too far, taken advantage of his kind nature. She did it all to herself, and deserved whatever happened to her. Blinking back the blurriness, something in his eyes stopped her. Some familiar note of concern or need, as if he too could use the comfort of a warm body beside him. Or perhaps she was just seeing what she wanted to see.

Still, she pushed forward, drawing closer to William, drawing closer to what she wanted before shame could convince her to turn away from him. “I… dunno. Dunno what I’m doin’ or…” She threw herself against him, into his arms, emotions spilling forth in her trembling figure.

God, he smelt good. A wooden scent with a hint of spice, and flavored by the wine he’d drunk. It was almost familiar, almost comforting. From the night on the Lake, surely, when he lent his his coat and his warmth.

“Hold me?” she breathed, begged, hating how selfish she was being in the moment, but needing him all the same. Lying beside him, with strong arms wrapped around him. Lying beneath him, eyes wide and lips parted as he worked in her. Head buried in his chest, he wouldn’t be able to see the flush of need on her face, but still there was no disguising the demand in her hands, clinging to him like a lifeline.

“Anythin’…jus hold me, too…”

“I… dunno. Dunno what I’m doin’ or…” Mercy’s voice trailed off, thick with emotion, and suddenly she was in his arms. He folded her into an embrace by reflex, holding her against him. She was trembling, shivering as she clung to him. “Hold me?”

God, he was torn. He wanted her. Wanted to taste her, to feel her hands on him and her body beneath his. Wanted to hear her gasp as he entered her, and her moans as they moved together. But more than that, he didn’t want to pressure her, to make her feel there was a price for sanctuary and safety. To make her feel obligated to him. “Of course,” he breathed, voice huskier than he realized.

“Anythin’…” she breathed, hands gripped by the fabric of his shirt, “jus hold me, too…”

“You’re safe here,” he whispered, voice thick with emotion. He gently issued her damp hair, shaking a little with restraining the urge to kiss her harder, hungrier. “You don’t... there’s nothing you have to do. No one you have to be.” His hand trembled a little as he gently cupped her chin, lifting her face so he could look into her eyes. “You can be yourself here, Mercy. No need to, to pretend.”

Had she ever been more vulnerable than in this moment? Nudity would have been easier to handle than the way he held her gaze, his eyes penetrating the masks and layers she wore.

“You can be yourself here, Mercy. No need to, to pretend.”

Herself. Who was she? What did she want? Everything seemed to slip away, fade away until all that remained was the heat of his touch and affection in his eyes. Then, everything was simple. Obvious.

She wanted him.

Closing the distance between them, Mercedes kissed him. Hungry lips pressed against his and encouraged him to open his mouth to her tongue. Hands slid up his back, over his neck and gripped his head. Refusing to let him go, refusing to let him question her or her state of mind. Praying she hadn’t misread his attention, hadn’t mistaken simple concern for affection.

No need to pretend. Now, there was no more pretending she didn’t want this, want him. No more hiding behind rules or vows or fear. She was safe here. He was safety, and comfort, and her desire.

The kiss continued, built and grew deeper. Like a fire raging out of control, raging within her and outside of her control. She pulled him back, moving back until her legs bumped into the bed. And then pulled him more, over her as she lied herself down. Finally, she released him, scooting herself further down the bed so he could climb over her. The robe came undone, and then off, and the gossamer lace nightgown clung to still damp skin.

“Make love to me… please…”

Last edited:
Was the kiss a mistake? Not that he was misunderstanding her intent, mind, but it had only been a few days since she’d pushed him away. But now she was pulling him close, deceptive strength in her soft arms holding her body tight against him.

Was it a mistake? Perhaps. But the way she leaned back, pulling him over her, it didn’t matter. All that mattered was her hands on his chest, wirking at the buttons of his top. The feel of lace and skin as he peeled the robe away from her. The taste of her lips and tongue as they savored one another, and the heat of her breath in his face as he broke for air. “Make love to me…” she murmured, breathing hard, “please…”

He bowed his head, tasting the dampness and the scent of soap on the skin of her throat. On the curve of her shoulder as he eased the straps of her gown over her arms. “Yes...” he gasped, gently cupping the swell of her breasts. “You are...” he couldn’t think of the words, not with her body moving beneath him. His lips found hers again, his tongue exploring the heat of her mouth once more.

“I want you,” he gasped, thumbs stroking the stiff peaks of her nipples. “God, I want you.”

MF Smut Scene: William and Mercy
Each of William’s breaths, each of his touches and kisses pushed back against the growing darkness in Mercedes’ mind. Pushed back against the encroaching self-hate and shame. Filling her mind instead with his scent, his taste, his warmth, and hopefully soon, his cock.

Soon all other concerns faded away, save for the needling memory of fucking the Raven with the same lust-mad need. But she didn’t even want to think about him, as electric as their night had been. Not now. Now, all she wanted was William.

So, his hands worked at the straps of her nightgown, and her hands hiked the hem up over her hips. Reflecting and reacting to his hunger with her own, until his pajama top came off, and his pants soon followed.

“I want you,” he gasped, thumbs stroking the stiff peaks of her nipples. “God, I want you.”

“Show me,” she begged, drawing in a deep breath as his caress awoke desire within her. “Please, Will, show me how much you want me…” Not merely speaking the words, she demonstrated, trembling legs pulling his even closer as they struggled to tear their clothes off while tangled up together. But she knew he could feel her sultry heat, with thighs spread open for him.

It was awkward to reach between them, while he hovered over her, strong hands on her firm breasts, but she managed. First, to help tear his pants away, so he could fuck her. Then, so she could grab his cock, feel how hard he was and just how badly he wanted her. So she could explore him, just as he explored her.

“I want you, Will. I want you inside me. I need you inside me.”

William shifted, lifting his body up just enough that Mercy could drag his pants over his hips and down. The moments that followed were a delight of bare skin rubbing against bare skin, and then the gasping pleasure of her hand gripping his aching shaft and stroking him. He responded need by working a hand down her body as well, finding her slick lips and parting them with his fingers. She gasped as he explored her depths, her hand on him matching the rhythm of his fingers in her. “I want you, Will,” she groaned. “I want you inside me. I need you inside me.”

“God,” he gasped, pulsing in her grip. “Oh, God.” His fingers slipped from her, leaving damp trails on her skin as he gripped the back of her neck. His nostrils were filled with her scent as he kissed her, devoured her. He moved his hips, letting her hand guide him.

“God,” he moaned, feeling her part around him as he slowly thrust into her. “I wanted... to take my time...”. He kissed her again, letting her taste the sound of his pleasure as he felt her accept his full length. “God, I want you Mercy. Oh, oh fuck, I want you.” He moved slowly, straining to control his thrusts. “Tell me... tell me it... it’s good,,, Mercy. Tell me.., tell me... you want me...”

Back
Top Bottom