Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Of Vice & Virtue Act I: Blurred Lines (Skeith & MessedUpRP)

The woman smiled, "Of course. Whenever works best for you, I'm flexibl." She handed Vera her business card, the name "Natasha Orzhova" emblazoned in bold letters in the center. Natasha walked to the door, but turned back at the last second, "I'm looking forward to tonight. I'll see you then." She left the office and Vers was alone to make her call.

Albina was still holding Anya when the call came through. She glanced at the screen and sighed. She checked Anyways once more to ensure that she was fine, then accepted the call from Vera, "hello? Is everything alright?"

"Albina. I have an update." She said simply. "I just had a meeting with a potential investor. A red haired investor." She paused, the inflection in her voice denoting where she was going with this. "Her name is Natasha Orzhova. I'll send you security footage from our meeting. I need you to find everything you can on her. We're meeting for dinner. Obviously Knight Owl can't show up for dinner, but just in case this is a trap, I need Tarot in the area. If Anya is ready, we'll have her offering you support via the comms."

Vera paused then, glancing back to her desk. "This could be nothing, but if it's the same woman from before, I don't think we can afford to let this opportunity for more information slip by."

Albina nodded. She looked around and quickly found a pad, jotting down what Vera said. "Natasha Orzhova, okay. I'll see what I can find." She glanced at Anya and nodded, "Yeah. I'll be there to offer backup. Anya will keep me posted over comms. If there's anything to find on her, I'll find it."

She ended the call and checked Anya again, "Are you alright? Are you feeling any better?"

Vera pocketed her phone after the call. "Computer. Transfer all security footage from the past twenty minutes to the Nest. Provide Tarot with top level security clearance." An automated response resounded from her desk. With a deep breath, she gathered her things and began preparing for dinner with the mysterious Natasha.

Anya sniffled and nodded as Albina checked on her. "I'm okay." She forced a weak smile as she looked up at her. "That was Vera, right? She needs our help?"

It wouldn't take long for Vera's driver to deliver her to the Red Star. She stepped out into the frozen night air, glancing around to see if Natasha had arrived yet. Relieved to find she was early, Vera was brought to her table, where she placed a bug on the underside. This way, Tarot and Anya could listen in.

Albina smiled softly at Anya, "Yes. She wants me to be there for her, as support in case things go south with her meeting tonight." She paused, "I need you to stay here." Before Anya could protest, Albina continued, "I'll patch in to the security network of Red Star. You'll be keeping an eye through the cameras and feeding any information we dig up on this lady."

The rest of the day was spent searching for any sort of dirt on Natasha Orzhova. Albina was met with a squeaky clean record, it seemed that Natasha had never done a bad deed in her life. She was credited with large donations to charities, political activism, (within the boundaries of what you could say in the NSU without "disappearing") and just generally being an upstanding person.

Rather than ease Albina, this put her on edge. It just seemed too good. This lady didn't have so much as a reprimand from a teacher back in primary school. It just didn't sit right with her. She couldn't get it out of her head, the strange seeming lack of danger from Natasha just made her seem more dangerous.

Later that night, Albina was perched on the rooftop across from the Red Star. Peering down through binoculars to keep an eye on her friend and the other woman as they each arrived.

A few minutes after Vera planted the bug, Natasha walked into the restaurant. She looked beautiful, with a dark blue dress and her red hair brushed back. She smiled at Vera and walked to the table, "It's nice to see you again." She sat down across from Vera and ordered a drink. "So, I hope I've found you well. I'm excited to discuss my donation."

Back
Top Bottom