Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tails Of A Half Breed [YYH] (FavoredFox)

EDDE

Logic better pray I don't kick its ass too!
YuYu Hakusho
Hiei X Kurama
Setting: After DarkTournament, before Chapter Black.​

The sun had recently fallen and the bloody colors of sunset were gradually being devoured by the ink of night. Stars were just beginning to poke though and the full moon was casting it's silver light across the temple nestled deeply in the trees. Two occupants stood within the protected walls and rice paper doors; an old woman, and a demon fox disguised as a boy. They had both recently returned from the Dark Tournament, in which they were forced to attend. Where allies of the past plagued the former, and personal inadequacies haunted the later.

An uncomfortable sigh left the redhead's lips and a hand lifted to the neckline of his shirt to unclasp the first button. Kurama was thankful that the tournament had only lasted a week. He had planned for longer and his mother believed him to be at a retreat for the biology club that lasted one week more. This would give him time to heal both mentally and physically, because despite his overpowering urge to sink into his mother's arms, he knew she would be wrought with worry over the nightmares that would disturb his slumber, and he wasn't sure he would be able to hide the worst of his injuries from her soft, loving, perceptive eyes. Though, the old woman in front of him seemed determined to take care of that herself.

The second button was undone, but a frown was firm on his lips. The fox understood her desire, and her reasoning. After all, he was bleeding all over her floor. Genkai had all but demanded he remove the bandages hiding the wounds Karasu had left behind. The stench of charred flesh and boiling blood still assaulted his nose. Forming scabs and loose skin had clung to the bandages, ripping open the burns and deep divots across his body in numerous locations. Blood was seeping into the dark green night clothes made of a smooth, silk-like fabric. It created large, wet splotches across his stomach and back, left shoulder, right arm and thigh, his left wrist, and the worst being his left calf.

Out of luck, now you're... hee~

A crater had been left in that calf, and removing the packing only moments before had cause a steady stream of crimson that not only soaked his pant leg, but was slowly creating a puddle around his foot. Which wasn't doing all that well either.

"Despite the severity, Genkai," the fox offered smoothly despite the pain that was singing through each and every nerve ending. "Should you allow me to wrap my injuries they will heal within a few days. My energy may not be as quick to mend flesh as the others, but it will work in time." Kurama hesitated on the third button. He didn't want to undress before the old woman, but it wasn't out of modesty. He had seen how much the spirit wave drained her during the battle against Ichigaki's team, and not only had she given the majority of her powers to Yusuke, but she had very recently returned from the dead.

"Your concern is truly appreciated, but it is unnecessary," he assured.

With all the calamity that had been going on in her life recently there was no denying from herself just how good it felt to be back home. The peaceful solitude the secluded temple had to offer was calming. And it surprised her a bit as she realized that she was finally able to breath easy once more. Interesting that being brought back from the dead hadn't had that effect, or even the return trip; both circumstances where she already understood that the danger of the tournament had ebbed away.

Then again, it gave credence to that whole 'no place like home' saying. And maybe it had more to do with the fact that now all of them, not just her, were out of the woods... figuratively speaking at least. Actually that wasn't entirely true. But she was in the process of rectifying that. So even though the force of the curtain of relief draping itself over her shoulders was just slightly premature, it wouldn't make a difference soon.

Of course, no sooner had she allowed some of that calm to seep through dusty old veins, and Kurama was already threatening to churn the feeling by trying to 'politely' fight her on the subject of his healing. "Oh come on, you've got to be kidding me." Although to be fair the comment brought about a smirk rather than a frown.

Large eyes that had lost their luster for the last time when shed given up her energy orb looked Kurama over skeptically. "Don't tell me you're embarrassed or something," she added in that raspy, cheeky tune of hers. "It's not like I'm the girls at your school, and PE ended when we left the island."

Straightening her stance the woman's hands shifted behind her back in a comfortable, familiar position. "I wasn't born yesterday Kurama. Iv'e just about seen it all and then some." A thoughtful tilt hit her eyes and turned them up and away just slightly. "And better too," she mumbled with a bit of cheer in that tone. It was entirely possible she'd gotten a nice picture in her head with that change. But it was practically just as likely that she was just screwing with him.

She'd gotten pretty close to her former student's ragtag team of ride alongs. Or at least they were all quite a bit closer to her heart anyway. And playful, witty banter was practically a given with her. She liked this poor bloody loser despite the fact that he was allowing blood to seep down into her floor boards more and more the longer he hesitated. "You can leave your underwear on if it makes you feel better. But other than that I want you bare. So stop procrastinating and get naked already."

A thought crossed her mind as she heard herself finish that small rant. Taken out of context this situation could become a lot more awkward than it might already be. She supposed Kurama was lucky no one else had stuck around closely enough to walk in on this scenario. No one important anyway; or rather, who would really care. She couldn't be sure thanks to the slight kick in teeth her spirit awareness (and energy) had taken over the past few days, but she was almost willing to bet Hiei was hanging around somewhere pretty close. If her inkling was anywhere on track he was probably playing a nice, friendly game of 'tag' in the dark forest just outside the temple walls.

If Hiei were to show up she doubted it would be as entertaining as if one of the other two idiots came in. The small creature was much more muted than Yusuke and Kuwabara; not to mention socially retarded. In fact, it wouldnt surprise her if the connotations that would send on of them into a fit flew straight over that spikey head. Then again who knew. Maybe Hiei would catch on to the embarrassment if Kurama showed it strongly enough. There was a chance he'd roll with it purely to get a cruel thrill out of it.

Although now that she was thinking about it, she'd never really expected Kurama to be the type who was easily embarrassed. And even if he were, he was probably cool headed enough to keep it to himself.

Green eyes widened a fraction at the old woman's exclamation. Curiosity as well as surprise colored his features for several seconds, but that quickly turned into a halfhearted amusement. Kurama was not one to find embarrassment in something as simple as a lack of clothing, not it a situation such as this. And as she'd said, Genkai was hardly a gawking school girl about to drool over his naked form. She was a friend who wanted to ease his suffering.

The fox stifled a sigh and just started to push on the third button, only to pause with a tiny preen of offense. As Genkai mentioned seeing 'better' his initial thoughts fell on the only partner he knew her to have. Toguro. A variety of emotions shifted through his mind even while his expression remained neutral. An active imagination was cursed, and a vulpine vanity was rubbed the wrong way. To be compared to that man and lose was something that just didn't sit well. His fingers left his shirt all together.

"Forgive my ignorance of human courtship," Kurama started smoothly. "But is insulting one's appearance truly the best way to convince them to disrobe for you?"

It was pretty entertaining, really. The old woman couldn't help but chuckle by the time he commented back. Not necessarily for the comment itself, but for the initial look on his face as well as the slight pause that followed. Kurama was very good at schooling his features. But Genkai was incredibly perceptive. The blatant reaction was funny enough in itself. The underlying offense was just short of hilarious.

That pause was all it took; a fraction of a second that flitted by almost imperceptibly. She didn't know the redhead all that well. But she had gotten pretty well used to his mannerisms over the bit of time they'd spent in close quarters recently.

So the chuckle came, dry and full of amusement for nearly as short a moment as the pause that has caused it. It also came with a smirk; a cheeky tilt of the head, just slightly, as tired eyes turned up on emerald pools.

"Oh, I'm sorry." That same dry tone dripped from her sardonically. "Would you prefer I hooted at you instead? Would that make you feel better?"

Another chuckle was held back as she stood back on her heel and crossed her arms in front rather than clasping them behind herself. "Ooh baby. Take it off~"

That raspy tone of hers offered the slightest rise at the end. Although that still didn't really change the mock and near monotone it usually held anyway. Once again she swallowed that chuckle of hers. And she was glad for it as she might have missed the other flat tone that would have flowed over it.

"I didn't realize I would be interrupting a mating ritual when I came in." Hiei offered as he rounded the large door frame. With a lean against the frame and a cross of his arms the petite demon finished his entrance as smoothly as ever. She was a little surprised she hadn't recognized his presence sooner, but supposed that with her newest lack of capabilities and a need to keep oneself hidden in many forms lately it shouldn't be so much of one.

"Do go on," he added with a hint of amusement in his tone. "It's mildly entertaining and I was bored anyway." But even as he said as much, large crimson eyes had already trained sharply on the slowly disrobing redhead.

It wasn't so much the state of undress that caught his attention however. The scent and sight of flowing and trickling blood was captivating. It contrasted greatly with those large forest eyes of his. And was something he couldn't help but feel he'd have an incredibly simple time coveting.

On a completely different level, of course, it brought out a small tinge of a feral pleasure and a niggle of wanting somewhere inside him. Hiei knew this wasn't a purely instinctual reaction even though that was a factor in it. The fact was that he'd spent most of his life reveling in the blood of others. And to be perfectly honest, despite the pain and suffering it represented; or maybe even partially because of it, it was an incredibly attractive decorative feature for the fox to be adorned in.

Genkai couldn't help but feel a bit cheated as she looked over the taller midget before turning her attention back to her 'patient'. She hadnt been entirely right about his reaction. But she hadnt been wrong either. After all, had one of the other two morons walked in on this situation their reactions were sure to have been more amusing. The muted bug of a man barely added to the conversation at all. His tone and whatever small amount of humor stored inside that tiny package was far too akin to the feel of the room to really add much. Although it did provide a segue once Kurama had responded to her. She chose instead to focus on the fact that he was still moving slower than a slug and staining her floorboards irreparably. "Hurry up and take off your clothes so we can do this already."

Well okay, maybe the joke wasn't fully set aside. There was no stopping the slight rise in her tone that spoke toward the inuendo.

An exasperated sigh left his lips as the Temple Master offered her sarcastic version of 'hooting' at him. He would have responded, if another voice hadn't cut him off before a single word could form. The fox closed his mouth and slightly turned his head to land his gaze on the little fire demon. It wasn't all that surprising he hadn't noticed his partner, his energy was focused on healing his wounds, his attention had been focused on Genkai, and his sense of smell was swimming with the metallic tang of blood so strong he could taste it.

Nearly invisible tension left Kurama's body when bathed in Hiei's presence. It was painfully easy to relax around the young demon. They had a strange companionship with very little affection, so the few kisses they shared were cherished, and their comfortable silence spoke volumes for the both of them. Emerald eyes shut and his lips curved into the slightest of smiles. He didn't keep Hiei from his vision long, and opened his eyes to catch the crimson pair soaking in his appearance. And now he had another reason to avoid Genkai's healing.

A laughing huff puffed though his nose and his attention returned to the woman in front of him. "Forgive me, Genkai," he started in the kind, human voice Shuichi used when confronted by his 'fan club.' "But I must decline." The redhead couldn't stop his lips from curling again, but did manage to hold back a string of chortles. "You are simply far too young for me."

Last edited:
The petite demon preened just slightly as that smile was turned on him. Recognition of his own attention by the attention placed on him had him shifting his gaze quickly to land a bored look on the nearby wall instead, a slight pinch in his lips as their exchange continued. He was fully prepared to stay out of it quite suddenly in fact; this not a rare occurance in the least in Hiei's case. He was, except Kurama's next retort had him reacting more openly than he'd ever like.

As Genkai let out a jovial chuckle Hiei pulled back slightly. Offense hit him and sunk into his features just enough to center a familiar pout on the redhead. After all, the woman was old in human standards. The offense came more from the truth spoken toward how young she was by demon standards; and the fact that while he wasn't entirely sure, he was pretty sure he was at least a few years younger than her. So the question for him became what exactly was what Kurama had said supposed to mean?

The old woman served as a distraction well enough. After her chuckle bout her arms uncrowded and the relaxed stance she had before lifted off her like a veil. She stood straighter with her hands at her sides. This indicated a readiness her body language hadn't before. "Yeah yeah. Unfortunately for that smooth tongue of yours flattery won't get you anywhere with me. Now stop procrastinating. You're staining my floor and the longer we wait the more you'll lose and I'll have a mess of. I'm not asking you kniw. Strip or I'll help you. And it won't be pleasant."

"Hn." The small but familiar noise had old tired eyes landing on Hiei with a bored tone in them. "You should probably just let him be. You did die recently. And you came back just as old and twice as frail." The shot felt needed by the previously offended little fire beast. Even if it wasn't directly fired at the redhead.

Last edited:
How disappointing. He greatly enjoyed when Hiei looked at him in that manner, it always sent a pleasant chill down his spine. But Hiei turned away and Kurama was left to miss the attention, though he made no indication of it. Instead, his focus remained on Genkai, and his own short, quiet laughter echoed hers. Only to be cut off by a harshness in her voice. The mention of blood had him glancing down and, sure enough, the puddle around his feet had grown to an uncomfortable size.

"If you would allow me to bandage my wounds as I suggested before, both of those problems would be taken care of," he pointed out smoothly. "I would prefer this to be settled without the use of violence, thank you."

Hiei wasn't helping with that. The antagonistic words that fell from his Firecracker's lips would only fuel the old woman's fists, if they affected her at all. Still, the implication behind them was more than just a little amusing. What he'd said about age must have hit a chord with Hiei, and he would certainly have to assure the young demon that it had only been a joke, and that the fox had no issues with his age.

"As rudely as it was put, Hiei does have a point." Emerald green settled on old brown, and the concern he'd been trying to hide for the sake of her pride bled through. "You have not had much time to regain your spirit energy, and these wound will heal on their own."

Irritation ticked the woman's eyebrow; first toward Hiei's shot, and a bit harsher toward Kurama's agreement. "As rudely as it was put," she repeated snarkily. "His point is moot."

She doubted Kurama meant for that to sound like it had to her, as if he were also calling her old and frail. Granted, even if he weren't to use the same terms he was effectively saying the same thing regardless. Of course, they did have a point. But as shed said, it was moot.

"I'm not going to ask again. Im giving you one more chance to take your clothes off so I can heal you now. But in about two seconds I'm about to show you both exactly how old and frail I am. And when I'm done knocking you on your ass I'll heal everything except the lumps I leave on your head just to teach you a damn lesson." The cross tone wasn't quite as sharp as it could be. But that didn't make her threat any less real.

"Ha." Hiei's response had been expected of course, so she didnt skip a beat in adding to it.

"And you I'll just leave there when I'm done." The addition was lighter, cocky and almost playful despite the scowl she was still facing Kurama with as she called Hiei out.

"That was not what I meant," he pointed out blandly. Genkai was anything but 'frail,' and her age was not a factor. The passed week had been proof enough of that. Death, however, was difficult to recover from. The fox had resurrected himself, after all. So he was ready to ignore her warnings and refuse her help once more, only to think better of it. There would be no deterring this woman, and in his current state he had no chance at defeating or even just escaping her.

With a slight slump of his shoulders and a quiet, defeated sigh, Kurama began popping the buttons on his shirt free. "If I must," he agreed reluctantly.

Disrobing was slow, but not in an act of defiance. Opening the shirt was easy enough, and he exposed his wounded stomach to the open air with only the smallest flinch. Sliding the silken sleeves down his arms was another story, and the fox bit his tongue and steeled his features as the fabric slid and stuck to burnt flesh and bloody craters. It fell to the floor with a wet 'thwap,' the fabric heavy with blood that was now trickling over his biceps and fore arms. Pain was clear as day in bright green eyes, but he didn't so much as grunt.

The pants came next, the drawstring pulled free and the waist band pulled far from his body on either side. Kurama bent and choked as the wound on his belly folded in on itself. Still, the pants were stepped out of fluidly and settled in a pile over the rest of his night outfit. There was a slight pant in his breath as he stood straight once more. Crimson continued to ooze and dribble down his body in hot, thin rivulets. He shut his eyes. Perhaps there was a bit of embarrassment to be held, but still not out of modesty. In fact Genkai would be hard pressed to see his naked form through all of the smeared blood, it was the injuries themselves. He had allowed himself to be this mutilated, and had failed when he was needed most.

Yes... there was embarrassment to be had. Embarrassment and shame.

A mildly interested starebhad been landed on Genkai by large crimson eyes for a few moments after the threat shed made against him. If he were being perfectly honest with himself he was more than a little curious about the force that had brought Yusuke to his current state. Although at the same time she really was a shell of what shed been before. By his own standards, Hiei certainly would classify her as frail. Especially when considering her strength previously.

Perhaps that was why it was so easy to land his attention back on the fox through his defeated sigh. Then again, there might be more concern there than Hiei would be willing to admit himself. If he had proper binding and weren't standing around like a moron bleeding everywhere it probably wouldn't bother Hiei nearly as much. Kurama wouldn't die so easily from those wounds alone. But in this form it wouldn't tale much more than simply moving around too much and allowing himself to bleed all over like that to actually do him in.

With nothing other than a "that's better" and a steep frown as he began disrobing the woman closed her eyes and began focusing her energy on him nearly immediately. Hiei was no longer focused on her anymore though. And while he didn't exactly show his own anger and disgust with the state Kurama had been put into with a sharp frown of his own, almond shaped crimson eyes did focus on him sharply.

He realized as it was tugged away that Kurama's clothing had only added to the contrasting effect of the blood that covered him. The wounds themselves in a way added more to the feature in fact. But still he found some of the mention in his stance loosening as he watched the largest wound--the one in his abdomen-- begin to slowly mend and stitch itself back together. The sight was enthralling to be perfectly obvious. But Hiei soon found his eyes wandering back up toward the emerald pools that seemed so abnormally bright against the contrast of all of that blood.

It was a different effect than that of his hair all together and he simply couldn't stop himself from looking over the slowly mending form only to stop on those deep forest gems every once in a while. So much so in fact, he could even see the clearing effects the old woman's healing was having on them. The more he healed, the clearer they grew; having been clouded over in pain and whatever else the effects of those wounds had had on him. Seeing life spring into someone's eyes was almost as fascinating as watching life seep out of them.

He was distracted once again rather abruptly. Genkai, as she finished mending his wounds, broke into sharp breath and swayed more than slightly upon pulling back her technique. The sweat on her brow was obvious. And he might have seen the somewhat significant change in her stance and form if he's been paying attention to her at all.

"Ha!" The over simplified 'gotcha' statement was met with a short look and a deep, calming breath from the hag.

He felt those crimson eyes roaming over his form. The fox would have appreciated that fact, and even enjoyed the attention if his focus hadn't been settled elsewhere. Kurama's jaw tightened and his teeth clenched together at the vastly uncomfortable feeling of energy invading his body and stitching his flesh together. He'd never liked the effect of healing techniques, they always felt far too invasive to the animal spirit who's own energy was open to the nature around him. It felt clogging and smothering; less helpful and more hindering, and the sensation of growing chunks of flesh wasn't exactly pleasant either. Still, once that creeping, crawling feeling across his belly faded and his skin was once more whole, if a bit sensitive, the pain had fled.

Relief softened his expression and sagged his shoulders. Not even worry for Genkai's well being could wash away the comfort that came with a wound-less body. Well, he was mostly healed anyway. A few of the deeper wounds still remained, but only as shallow scraped along his arms and a significantly smaller crater on his left ankle. In comparison to a few moments ago, Kurama was feeling wonderful. Enough so that it actually took him a few minutes to realize the state of the old woman who had given him that reprieve.

Of course, he mimicked Hiei's feelings of 'I told you so,' but he was significantly more tactful. In fact, he didn't mention her waver at all. Doing so would only insult the prideful temple master. Instead he released an audible sigh of relief and offered her a smile that was slightly more than his usual farce. "Thank you, Master Genkai." She was given a slight bow of his head. "If you allow me a moment to wash, I will quickly return to clean up this mess," the fox assure her. Though, he too felt a bit weak. His injuries were practically non-existent, but he had still lost quite a bit of blood, as the puddle, soaked clothes, and the smears still staining his skin could attest.

Last edited:
The woman managed to right herself after a few long moments of calming breaths. Each one dug that sharp look she had to offer in Hiei's direction; not that he was effected by it. Or at least, it didn't look like he was. It was too damn hard to tell with that one most of the time. Although she also couldn't help but notice that the look he was returning only seemed to smug itself up further as she glared. But that might have just been something she was more used to with her previous charge.

It didn't matter. She hadn't completed her task, but she'd at least healed the broken looking body before her significantly. "Honestly, I'm not sure how you were even standing before." The offer she had in response was somewhat scolding. It was also relieved despite the strain she'd put on herself. It was recognition for the thank you in a way as well.

"As for the mess," she offered smugly, "I volunteer Hiei to clean it up." There was no helping herself. Despite how hard Hiei was to read about many things, some were incredibly easy. And she understood his personality a bit more than she was willing to reveal openly. He had said he was bored. It was most likely the truth. And while it wasn't incredibly difficult to slight him on a normal basis, she'd learned a thing or two about his irritability when he was bored over the past week in close quarters.

And the simple sentence spoken with just enough of a cocky tilt behind it worked far too well. "What gives you the idea I'd do something like that for you?" The taller midget preened beautifully and his stance tensed gracelessly. It was too perfect. And as his hands fisted into balls and sharp eyes landed on her solely he seemed to feel the need to add, "What makes you think I'd do anything you'd ask?" As if that needed clarification.

It was hard not to laugh at the little man right in his oblivious face. In fact, in order to school her features into a scolding tone of their own she had to let out a bit of forced air between her teeth. "Ch. I didn't ask. I volunteered you. There's a difference."

"I don't care about any difference!" The edge in his tone said so much. It was so easy to rile him up. Too easy; and now she understood why her former student had such a fun time with it... So she couldn't just stop now.

She bucked up mockingly herself, raising her own stance purely for the body language the petite demon was sure to read from it as she offered a frown that almost couldn't form. "So you expect someone who, in your own words is too old and feeble or who's lost half their blood to do it? You're the one standing well on two feet here. The least you could do is something half useful for once."

"I am neither your maid nor babysitter, Hag! You can both clean up your own messes. I have nothing to do with it!" What a sweet tune; dripping with annoyance and malice.

Yes. She definitely understood why Yusuke, and to an even greater extent Kuwabara, found so much fun in pushing that little button.

Last edited:
The scolding words were met with a weary chuckle. "My injuries were not as bad as you make them out to be," he chided. "As I said, they would have healed on their own in time. Still," the fox moved his arms slowly and carefully stretched them out. "This is much nicer." He did look perfectly relieved when he felt no pain from his movements, though his limbs felt a little stiff. Kurama was giving himself a casual mental check, shifting now and again to test out just how pliant his skin was. He found a few areas that stung or pulled, and his ankle was still screaming in pain, but it was significantly more manageable now. His stomach may cause a bit of an issue and need to be redressed, but it would be healed completely in another day or so, perhaps even by day break depending on the power of Genkai's spirit wave.

Kurama heaved a quiet sigh as the shortest members of the former team Urameshi began to squabble. Usually he was more than happy to join in on such torments to his demon partner, but he did find a hint of annoyance in it due to his exhaustion... Still.... How could he possibly help himself? It was just so easy to rile Hiei up if one knew which buttons to push, and the scent of fresh blood only seemed to bubble him up faster.

Hiei was just declaring that he wasn't a babysitter when the devious fox settled the sweetest of smiles on him. With a blood stained body, it seemed wrong on the soft facial features of the demon human hybrid. His eyes closed and curved, and when he spoke his voice was calm and kind and dripping with appreciation, all of which hid the taunting undertone. "Thank you for your help Hiei. I truly appreciate it," the fox cooed before turning away to pick up his soaked clothing and begin carrying it to the room he'd been allowed to borrow.

Almond eyes rounded in surprise toward the comment as they landed on the fox. It was probably more shocking than it should have been. But that didn't stop it from shifting quickly back to that stern glare. "What did I just say?!" Hiei hated repeating himself. And he only managed to look even more defensive toward the small betrayal the fox tossed his way.

He was more than used to Kurama turning such word play on him. Perhaps it was because he had been so focused on the hag. Unlike the redhead, he didn't make the connection with the blood himself; but there was certainly a chance that was the case too. A pretty good one actually.

At least as far as Genkai gathered. She was speculating, but she was still pretty sure that Hiei had been damned worried about Kurama's condition even after understanding that he wasn't going to die from his injuries. It wasn't just human nature after all. And even if he'd never admit to it she had no plan of reversing that assumption in the least. Hiei was used to being alone. He was used to not getting involved with other people. And the fact that he had, and that it was something he wasn't used to, spoke volumes toward his reaction to it. Hell, it might even be that he didn't realize it himself. He was pretty damned socially retarded after all. That wouldn't surprise her in the least.

A glaring Hiei watched Kurama squarely as he walked by. So staunchly that he even turned to keep himself faced toward him as he went. "Heh."

The small chuckle caught his attention and he shifted that glare back on her from the corner of his eye. "What!" He couldn't fool her this time though. It was far too obvious. He hadn't turned away from the direction Kurama had gone; so much so that he hadn't even fully turned his head.

He was still worried. And that was what had brought about the noise. She hadn't even meant to do it. But it had made the situation even more obvious. "Nothing," she commented smoothly as she reached for the single towel she had grabbed in order to clean up the mess that she'd thought would come of this. She would need more.

"If you're going to keep up that trait of yours of doing nothing useful you might as well get the Hell out of my way." With a small huff she bent down and began sopping up what blood she'd be able to capture up quickly before the situation got worse. "I have a floor to clean."

Curiosity hit those large almond eyes as the woman began cleaning. The last bit of what she had said had been significantly softer in tone. It was completely non-offensive. Hell, it even covered up the offense of how she'd said it to begin with.

But curiosity in the woman's change wouldn't keep those crimson eyes from roaming off for long. And after a quiet moment of watching her wipe up some of that blood Hiei's feet followed the shift of those large eyes.

It wasn't hard to catch up to Kurama in the least. And a heavy stare was landed on the larger creature from behind as he followed. And it wouldn't shift away if the redhead were to look back as he offered one simple word that said far too much despite how neutrally it came out. "Fox."

The look on his face was purely neutral as well. Except for one thing. While the appearance of a lax face that possibly looked more annoyed than it had previously as he spoke about his boredom, his chin was slightly tilted down. This caused the sharp study of those eyes to be focused up slightly from under his eyelids.

Hiei's body language could be as insanely subtle as it could be overtly obvious. Luckily for Kurama he'd had several years to study both forms. Because Hiei was very obviously unwilling to share whatever it was that look of his was asking; or perhaps assessing. So much so that he'd schooled his features just as naturally as he ever might when he had something to say that he actually wasn't willing to.

Last edited:
Kurama counted slowly in his mind as he made his way down the hall. His steps were even and sure, only occasionally wavering on a limp favoring his left leg, but he certainly didn't look like he was about to fall over at any moment anymore. He could breath without worry of pulling open delicate skin, even if his stomach wasn't completely healed. By the count of five, the fox was left to smile at his partner's predictability when the sound of soft footsteps came from behind him. He knew Hiei would follow, what he wasn't sure on was the 'why.' Was he worried? Or had his demonic desire for a blood covered mate fueled his pursuit? That single word answered his question.

Without missing a step the redhead glanced over his shoulder to catch the look on Hiei's face. The smile he offered to his firecracker was warm. He was worried about him... It was possible that the blood played a role as well, but Hiei was first and foremost looking out for his well being. It was bother perfectly in and out of character for the feisty fireball, and Kurama had to carefully cultivate such emotions. If he were to simply say outright that he was okay, it could force his partner to retreat. He was a like a skittish stray, and the redhead was a very patient man.

"Would you care to stay the night, Hiei?" He asked smoothly once he'd reached the door to the washroom. It was opened and the fox stepped onto the cool white tile, leaving behind red footprints as he did. "I have a special training in mind for myself over this week, and with Genkai's spirit wave I believe I will be able to start tomorrow." If he could train, then he was just fine, and if he could joke, well... The blood soaked clothes were settled in the bath and the water was run to start clearing the soft, green fabric of crimson. Kurama stood straight again and turned to face his partner with playful eyes. "Care to join me?" It was an offer that was made often enough, and every time it was turned down. Either because Hiei was completely ignorant of the implications, or he was shy. Kurama would have bet on the former if he were a gambling man.

There was a small jump in his insides as Kurama landed that sweet smile on him. Such a look was often used to easily irk him when Kurama felt the need to tease. It usually forced the smaller being to pull away, or at the very least pull a huffy pout. However the look landed on him seemed slightly different from that far too sweet, placating smile he used so often to either tease or hide behind. And even if he didn't recognize it, that slight difference spoke volumes toward the fire demon.

He was keen to focus on body language more than spoken. And while the look did effect him, it wasn't nearly as harsh as it could be. Though it did force crimson eyes to flit away quickly to settle in a fully different direction from both the fox and the way they were walking.

Still, it wasn't a heavy enough need that they didn't slide back as Kurama peaked his interest with those words. The question he was used to. And he often either declined or accepted almost silently. Should he decide to take him up on it, he simply would stick around for longer and Kurama would get the idea by the time he'd go to bed. If he decided not to, he'd usually disappear shortly after it was asked. And then there were times when Kurama could gather nearly right away what the answer was. Especially if he peaked Hiei's interest.

And it had to be obvious this was one of those times. Because while he didn't respond, the curious glint that flashed across his features in the shortest of moments said plenty; and they fact that they were once again glued to him said nearly as much.

Hiei didn't tend to keep eye contact all that often. In a sense it probably seemed like something that made him incredibly uncomfortable given the fact that he turned away from it so quickly so often. There were other factors of course, but actually that wasn't really off base in some ways. Although most likely it was some odd form of defense mechanism over anything else. And of course there were times when he very purposefully kept eye contact solidly.

At the moment however there was no reason for him to be intimidating; which was the most common reasoning behind any adamant eye contact the little demon practiced in. And the slight dilation of usually sharply focused pupils spoke toward the fact that he was contemplating the redheads words.

There were other signs of course, though those large crimson eyes tended to say so much at any given time. Perhaps that was why he felt the need to avert them so often; as if he understood on some level exactly how revealing they could be. Then again, maybe not.

Broad shoulders were lax. Hands were held loosely in the pockets of the cloak that shrouded his other features. And the over all lack of tenisty in his neck even as he stopped in the doorway as Kurama went to the tub were all indications of a resignation he really didn't need to voice. At least, not between the two of them anyway.

The playful tone that floated his way forced a change in that stance that was just as subtle as it was screamingly overt. His posture fixed itself, raising him up slightly. And while his shoulders didn't shoot up and his hands didn't fall from their hiding place, his neck did tense all over again. It put the slightest of tilts to his head. And crimson pools, that had been previously roaming the redheads body mindlessly, sharpened and saught a connection with forest green quickly.

The look was skeptical. It lasted for a long, silent moment as he studied the taller male intently. Because that tone only every went one of two ways and the most often of those two didn't tend to turn out pleasantly for him in most cases.

But even as he studied the redhead he'd already acknowleded the answer to this question to himself as well. At least on some level. And while he didn't want to think too deeply on the subject, he recognized the nagging need to keep the redhead in his sights.

He didn't want to take his eyes off him.

For the most part anyway. And besides the need, he had noticed well before now the distracting scent of death that was permeating off his own body and undercutting that of Kurama's. It was something he would have no problem doing without.

The scent wafting off the redhead was far less tainted than it had been before thanks to the old woman. Seared flesh had been mended. And despite the somewhat sulferous remnants that would be washed away under the water, his blood smelled absolutely delectable. It was a morbid thing to find so enticing for sure. Especially for the reason it was there in the first place. But that didn't deter the small creature that found himself lusting for blood often enough to seek out and spill it on a normal basis.

After the skeptical look that remained planted for a long moment--though somewhat shorter than usual-- Hiei did take his eyes off the fox in the form of closing them through a long blink. As he did so, he began to disrobe himself upon stepping further into the bathroom. The look on his face was muted, but with the slight upturn of his nose as he did so effectively passed on a farce of annoyance. Without saying anything still, he managed to tell Kurama exactly how bothersome he seemed to find him at the moment.

The removal of his cloak did make his own predicament more obvious as well, as it was most likely nearly as blood stained as Kurama's pajamas judging by the spatters of spilled blood marring his skin and clothing beneath it. Of course none if it was his own.. He'd acquired the ornamental splatters while "playing" in the woods.

In all honestly Hiei had planned to stick around the redhead for the night already; invited or not. And had decided to blow off some steam and extra energy before hand. He hadn't been expecting the hag to heal him up like that. So he'd assumed the night would end up being boring and/or tedious at best while hanging around the injured fox.

It wasn't until he'd lifted his tank top over his head and turned his eyes down on his belts to undo them that he chose to speak. The long pause wasn't unusual, but it was purposefully placed. That tone used on him previously had everything to do with it. He chose to avoid reacting to it tactically, and instead focus on the part that had interested him for better reasons.

"What kind of training?"

Last edited:
Curiosity colored the fox's features for only a moment. He hadn't expected Hiei to take him up on the offer in the slightest, but while he was surprised he was in no way disappointed. In fact, he was quite happy to watch his partner slowly disrobe, and offered to take each article by reaching out for them. The little fire demon was covered in almost as much blood as he was, and knowing he was so drenched in his own that he couldn't catch even the slightest hint of that which was covering his partner rubbed him the wrong way. Kurama liked being fully aware of his surroundings, and missing something as blatant as that was just a bit unnerving. He tried not to dwell on it.

Turning, the redhead removed his final covering to add it to the small pile of crimson soaked fabric. The boxer shorts left smears of blood along his backside and thighs. He waited to take Hiei's pants as well before he began the short task of rinsing. They would need to be properly washed of course, but he could get the majority of filth out of the strands to keep them from dripping all over the temple floor and creating a larger mess for poor Genkai to clean up.

"After my battle with Karasu," he began, ringing out his shirt as best he could before hanging it on a near by towel rack. "I came to realize that after every transformation into my past self, I regain a bit of his power." The fox returned to the bath to repeat the process until the bath was clear and their clothing was hung up to dry, then the tub was rinsed clean and stopped up to fill while they washed. "I plan to force that transformation until I have learned to properly control it." He would not fail again...

Hiei had as little of a problem of disrobing in front of anyone; especially the redhead. It wasn't a task he gave much mind to at all, even as emerald eyes roamed over his motions and body. In fact, he had less than a problem with it. It was something he'd done often enough when visiting the redhead in the past. Whether it be due to his clothes being sullied from battle, or soaked from rain. And if he were being honest with himself, which he didn't care enough to think on at the moment to do so, he would have to admit that he received at least a bit of a thrill now and then when feeling those eyes pour over him while he did it. He might also have to admit that it slowed, and even exaggerated the process to some extent sometimes.

At the moment, while it did just that, he paid no mind to it whatsoever. He was far too focused on the redhead.

Upon handing over his pants, Hiei moved directly over to the shower head and lifted the long hose from it's holster. It wasn't long at all before the weight of cool water mixed with a bit of dirt and blood had mowed down naturally spiked hair just enough to become unrecognizable. It never seemed to fully flatten against his head even when drenched through and through. Although the natural lift in it couldn't hold up fully against weight and gravity when it was. Fingers of his free hand roamed through it roughly and shook loose anything that wasn't purely water in little time as well.

In most cases Hiei would have stopped off to rise himself and his clothing in a nearby stream after such an extensive amount of blood had been spilled over him. But there were times when other things, be they wants or needs, out weighed the grooming habit. Most of those times ended up having to do with the fox.

This time it hadn't so much been some sort of anxious feeling or anything that had pulled him toward the tall, slender creature or anything like that. And, in fact, there hadn't been any other time like that either. A want to have the teen in his sights had simply driven his feet to carry him past that task and on to the temple. And the only reason he was taking up the task now was convenience. The convenience of having the fox in the room with him while doing it; being able to keep his eyes on him as he rid himself of the scent that tainted the delicious one rising off his patner.

As he pulled the spray down over his body he couldn't help but wonder when he'd gone from watching diluted blood circle down the drain back to casually rolling his sights slowly over Kurama's body. They steadily went from tracing over form and feature to landing on and studying remaining wounds; if one could even call most of the cuts left over wounds. Stomach and heel were the worst off, but even those had healed significantly enough not to warrant any concern that might have been there previously.

Not that he was concerned...

Crimson eyes shifted away from the redhead quickly and focused back on the rinsing he was doing, a slight tenisty rolling into his joints and muscles. It was off; weird for him to be focusing so sharply on the redhead like this... whatever this was.

He had no problem recognizing that his focus on Kurama had changed over the time they'd known each other. But at the moment he'd been so focused that he'd lost most of what Kurama had said to him in the last minute or so. So much so that he had to pause for a moment to recall the words.

And what came of them had rinsing hand pausing as he simply allowed the water to pour over him and wash the rest away on its own. Because it was the part where his fight with Karasu was brought up that came to mind. "Why did you do that?"

The question almost sounded accusatory, tossed into the air as if what he was asking about had just happened, or at the very least was already being discussed. It wasn't all that often that he chose to do so, but Hiei clarified that odd question. Even he realized how vague it had been. "I've never seen you fight like that Kurama. Why did it turn out like that?"

He might not be being clear enough with his words still, but he couldn't be sure until he heard an answer to what he'd said. Hell, he wasn't even sure what exactly he was asking on at the moment. Mentally, he was switching from going over each action the redhead took to thinking on the over all outcome. And he wasn't sure which part of any of it he was asking on at the moment. Because the entire thing had been so starkly different than anything he'd been expecting from the sharp fox. He wasn't even sure if he was asking due to the crushing loss, or because of how insanely difficult it had been to watch unfold.

Last edited:
The wounds still remaining weren't exactly pleasant, though they were significantly better off than they had been. Under other circumstances he would avoiding training or even putting much weight on them, but his plans were different. With the change into Youko there would be no injuries to worry about, that didn't mean he wasn't in pain now however. The redhead was just very good at hiding such a thing, it was ingrained in him from kithood. The animal limping was the first to be eaten.

Kurama released a soft hum at the sudden question that really wasn't all that sudden. He didn't answer right away, not because he didn't have one, but because he had too many. Hiei's pants were the last to be hung on the rack before the fox turned and made his way towards the fire demon. He reached out and shifted the spray of water to hit himself instead, and he sighed when the warm water ran down his form to brighten up that crimson circle around the drain. Recently placed shampoo was plucked up off of the counter, and the scent of cherry blossoms tangled with the reek of blood when it was popped open. A fair amount was squeezed into his palm before it was placed back down and Kurama delved his slick hands into flattened black hair. All while he pondered over the question.

His first impression was that Hiei was asking why he had been willing to risk his life at the end of that battle. There were many viable answers to that question, and his partner was sure to understand the majority of them; but, he wouldn't understand the truth. He wouldn't understand what it meant to be willing to die for others, and he refused to lie, not about this. So instead he turned his attention to the more direct question about his fighting style. "A predator fights differently when they become the prey, Hiei," he answered smoothly.

He liked this look. Hiei seemed softer with his hair soaked down, and the fox couldn't help but take the time to try and find just where that starburst of white came from. He disguised his search with expertly massaging fingers.

Not unlike the effect soaking water had on the redhead, the new look was vastly different than usual; mainly because of how it made his eyes seem even larger. It wasn't something Hiei had cared to take notice of before, not being a vain creature, but the effect of large eyes and softened hair could even make him seem smaller as well. Then again, some of his height did have to do with that spikey hair. And it was something that no one really saw him without. Of course it wasn't much less in height physically, but the softened look it produced all around really just didn't help. In fact, should someone have an adamant death wish, they may be willing to call him 'cute' while in this state.

Even the sharply annoyed look he turned up on the fox as soapy fingers delved into his hair couldn't real;y hold much water at the moment. The look was offered as he lifted his chin sharply to avoid that soap getting into the extremely sensitive appendage on his forehead. And while he removed the binding he had covering it to avoid it soaking up the shampoo with the water, the jagan remained closed for obvious reasons. In fact, when Kurama's fingers drew closer to the front of his head he was forced to inadvertently pinch his natural eyes closed as well.

What he didn't see fit to remove, despite having deposited everything else, was the binding that shrouded the entirety of his right arm. There was no need to remove it for the sake of washing or to spare himself from a great deal of pain, so he simply didn't. It may have soaked through already but his natural body heat was sure to dry it quickly once they were done in the shower.

Having his head tilted back so dramatically made it incredibly difficult to hide the bit of tension that was lost as fingers brushing just right across his scalp. And made it practically impossible not to see the curious, then thoughtful tilt of large crimson eyes as he soaked in the response. Well, it did make sense after all.

They turned curious again, though with a sharper intent behind them as they focused back on the redhead. "Were you really so desperate?"

Perhaps he misunderstood. But from how he read the answer he'd been given, looking back on the battle made several of his attempts seem more frantic than he'd thought previously now. He only asked because he was willing to be corrected on the new conclusion.

Though a moment after he'd asked as much his attention drew off to a random portion of the ceiling, rising steam swirling about but not obscuring his vision from it. And that neutral look of his fell over his features. This put that slight, natural pinch in his lips, and allowed the following comment to produce itself as utterly unreadable; to most people. "You nearly killed yourself."

It was interesting. While dry Hiei's hair showed a bright shock of white, but now, completely soaked, the fox could only find relatively few white hair among the sea of inky black. Still, he found an odd satisfaction of mentally pointing out what he did manage to find. "I am not what I once was," he answered vaguely. He was glad to know that his desperation had not been as clear as he'd thought it was. The taste of it was still clear on his tongue, and the memory of a racing pulse and the fear of death -though not his own- was vivid and uncomfortable. Not once had he feared for his own life, but for his friends at ring side, and his human family safe at home and nonethewiser. Their lives were what brought him to the desperate state he'd been in. Hiei wouldn't understand that, and that was alright, he simply kept that information to himself.

Kurama ran his hands one more time through dark hair before taking the shower head to rinse out the shampoo. For several seconds he contemplated, pretending not to hear that comment. It held a weight to it that he wasn't sure how best to respond to, but he also knew better. Hiei knew he heard, of course he did. "It was better to die and take him with me, than to give him the satisfaction of holding my severed head," the fox offered simply while moving the shower head again and repeating his gentle massage with conditioner. "Would you have preferred the latter option?” His voice held a light tease as his fingers rubbed soothing circles behind the fire demon’s ears.

Last edited:
I am not what I once was.

That was a sentiment Hiei was intimately familiar with; more than Kurama would most likely ever know.

There was a long pause between that and what came next. And it allowed him to dwell on that thought. On thoughts of a life left behind. In some ways he and Kurama were incredibly alike. Enough so that Hiei probably understood a lot more than Kurama would give him credit for. On some levels at least. Not that either of them realized as much.

They didn't tend to spend their time together having intense 'heart to heart' type conversations. They'd spoken in depth on things previously before, of course. But the extent to which that had been done was far more out weighed by the comfortable silences they tended to share in regularly instead. And even though his own thoughts on the matter were brought up in the silence between rushing water, it was neither enough for him to feel like sharing, nor to bring a tenisty into his being for the thoughts that tended to be more disturbing.

It wasn't because they weren't. It was because he was having an incredibly difficult time finding any tenisty in his muscles as skilled fingers roamed through his hair and scritched expertly across his scalp. What little tenisty there was to he had came in the form of the small demon fighting off the effects of that skill.

A skill which had his shoulders sagging and his legs so relaxed that he felt as though he was losing all sense of balance. Enough so that calluses hands were forced to lifted and take purchase in order to feel grounded. Small digits coiled around Kurama's arms just above the elbow. It gave him the freedom of movement to continue his massage even though there was a chance Hiei was making some sort of casual attempt to stop him. Although if he were it wasn't in any heartened way.

One had to keep in mind that 'relaxing' wasn't exactly Hiei's forte. While it could be argue that he certainly could do as much, it tended to happen rarely; even moreso when not involving sleep. So it wasn't entirely ridiculous for Hiei to feel as though the only thing he could attribute this forced state of lax to would be losing consciousness even though he wasn't.

And he only attributed it to as much further as he began having to fight to keep large crimson eyes open to peek up on the redhead as he waited for a response to his not-question that had yet yo be answered. It was valiant really, but after a few moment of fighting he lost his focus on the fox and allowed drooping eyes to stare forward at the ceiling they were pointed at. And shortly after the lashes were lagging further.

A sharp tenisty rolled through him with a start after a moment and big eyes popped back open through several quick blinks. It really was almost like falling asleep. Only he wasn't anywhere near falling asleep. He was perfectly alert mentally. His body simply couldn't seem to comprehend that at the moment.

This small battle in keeping his eyes open replayed itself out several more times before he was willing to give in to it. And, in fact, he might have been willing to.give in to it further if not for the state the redhead was in.

It was likely that he felt the pressure of Hiei's head grow heavier each time he began to relax again while fighting to keep his eyes open. There was a chance he might have allowed himself to lean back against the fox too if not for two very prevalent issues. The first was that while the majority of Kurama's wounds had been healed to little more than scratches, the one on his stomach was likely still sensitive given that it would still need some time to heal properly despite how well knitted together it was now. And that, obviously, would be where the majority of Hieies weight would be distributed should he lean against him.

The second issue was far more prevalent, though much simpler. Despite how well his body was reacting to the action being taken against it, it was still incredibly unfamiliar. Therefore, uncomfortable. He'd been less reflexively adamant against the type of touching Kurama liked to do lately; even accepting in some instances. Which explained why he hadn't simply stopped the redhead from what he was doing in order to be more comfortable in his own way.

That wasn't to say he wouldn't stop him still if things became too uncomfortable for him. But he had been more accepting of this concept he didn't exactly appreciate himself; that being the fox's need to offer small forms of affection over time. It was easily more a tolerance than an enjoyment. But he'd given up complaining a while ago. And now simply tended to allow Kurama the closeness he seemed to be craving until he decided he'd tolerated enough of it for the time being.

A question was leveled at him shortly after his lips had pinched together through their annoyance at his need to stop fighting the laziness of his eyelids in order to focus on his balance properly. And it took him a moment to take stock of himself and press against the relaxing of his form enough to keep control of both the legs that felt like they were barely attached to him anymore and feet that felt like they weren't touching the ground despite the fact that they were, and the opening of those large eyes in order to focus them back up on the taller male.

A new discomfort at the question that had been posed helped him to do that. Though it pinched his lips together a bit tighter and sharpened his look just a little as he muttered in response a simple, "No."

He knew he didn't have to respond. But doing so helped him wake his sleeping body just that much more and gave him a comfort from it that outweighed the discomfort of the expectation of that answer.

Slim digits continued working their magic. The tips added just the right amount of pressure to be felt as they rubbed over temples and curled around small ears. It was difficult not to react verbally as he watched the fire demon slowly give in to relaxation. Under the water Hiei's face already looked softer than usual; his cheek bones framed with dark hair, slanted eyes seeming larger, and bright ruby irises stood out clearly, and the new sleepy actions of his partner only enhanced this further. He took it to mean he was doing a good job, and he increased his efforts in soothing ever present tension.

Kurama slid his hands down slowly, brushing over the hair line to press his thumbs into taunt neck muscles. Using the remaining conditioner as lotion, the fox set to work on easing out the knots that had accumulated over his Firecracker's life time. He couldn't help himself though, and his eyes trailed over the lines of muscle accented by drops of water that followed their contours. Hiei was a gorgeous man, and the fox relished the few times he was able to appreciate his form. The perfect mixture of a lean, sinewy swordsman, and the powerful bulk of a hand to hand fighter.

He wanted more.

Emerald eyes lidded halfway and he breathed a slow, quiet puff of air to release some of the heat very suddenly accosting his system. Hiei answered, and Kurama bent slightly. "Then what problems do you have?" He questioned, his breath only inches from the smaller demon's ear. The fox hesitated, but only for a moment. There was still a high chance of frightening his partner off, but he libido of a kitsune trapped within the body of a teenaged boy would not be ignored. So soft lips were placed over Hiei's pulse point while diligent hands moved from the neck to rub slowly over firm shoulders and glide down over the fire demon's chest.

He couldn't help it. He just couldn't. Hiei was just so delectable before him; soaking wet and thoroughly relaxed. He had to try and push the boundaries, because he knew Hiei wouldn't. So, gently, he ran his teeth over hot skin, offering a nibble and a nip now and then as he moved up to Hiei's ear, then back down again. All while he explored the perfectly built chest with curious fingers. He even dared to brush up against a nipple; briefly, as if by accident.

It took a long, heavy moment for his body to react the the sudden change that wasn't so sudden at all. Nimble, skilled fingers snuck their way away from his hair almost entirely and stabbed into his neck and shoulders, providing such an amazing feeling that it actually came close to an aching pain he couldnt even begin to process or describe. It was so distracting; so horribly calming. Large crimson eyes were somehow forced to remain sealed as he felt his body tense exponentially sharper with each passing of those fingers, digging a deeper frown that drew his eyebrows together just a tick with every pass over the joint of neck and shoulder.

It was hard to process the thought pattern he'd just been rolling through. Although he didn't lose the conversation they were having in full. What he did lose was a hold on breath that he'd sucked in silently several times without being able to let it go through the intense tightening of his chest and grip on those biceps along with the rest of his muscles. The loss was sudden and all at once, which was lucky since he was too close for comfort in needing to pay attention to the fact that he hadn't taken any proper breaths in several long seconds. It wasnt incredibly bothersome just yet, but even Hiei needed those breaths to survive.

When he did lose all that wind, it came with the most uncomfortably foreign feeling and bodily response he'd felt in a very long time.... Then again, despite being far between, those types of feelings had been drawn through and from him only by the elder demon currently lurking over his small, fit frame. A spasmodic shudder drew a shake through him that was strong enough to not only wrack his entire body, but found it's way so deep within that breath that it even brought a bit of his voice with it. The moan couldn't have been called as much really, as it didn't gather quick enough voice behind it to be considered one--normally anyway. What it did manage to do however, was steal away such a huge chunk of tensity from his muscles that he almost failed miserably at not falling back into a lean against that damn fox's bloody stomach for support.

He was instantly annoyed with the new development. But at the same time he couldn't bring himself to care enough to voice his distress openly, or even give a simple tug to those arms he was grasping at almost desperately for a support he wasn't taking. The tug would force enough tension down on them to give the impression he needed to signal for him to stop. But it didn't come. Instead his breath even out into a slow, steady uptake and release.

Kurama had never done something like this without him already being so close to sleep that his body had already relaxed with the force of that before it could from the force of this. He'd never provided Hiei with this particularly relaxing offering during a time where he came even close to having the capacity to recognize it consciously.

Hell. No one had.

Hiei knew 'relaxing' well enough to realize how devastatingly good it felt to lose so much tension that it even felt like it might have made it's way into his bones, but no one had ever managed to pull it from him so forcefully that he felt utterly helpless against it. He'd never felt such a horribly amazing relief before.

That bastard fox was liable to get someone hurt with that seemingly magic touch of his. At this point, namely himself in the form of making Hiei lose utter control over his balance and either being forced to catch some sort of fall, or finding himself supporting the bulk of the tiny raven haired creature's weight right up against that newly mended belly and still split calf and tendon.

Not much thought was given to his response. Although his frustration with the coming answer was made clear through an annoyed grunt. Or at least as annoyed sounding as he could manage with the next shiver that ran through him as Kurama spoke so suddenly close to his ear without him realizing he'd gotten that close. "I don't know."

And he didn't.

Nevermind that the answer sounded somewhat accusatory; as if expecting him to understand having spouted such an obviously idiotic complaint given the situation in the first place was stupid all on its own. After all, in Hiei's mind his complaint came nowhere near making sense. They had put their lives on thin lines plenty in the past for their own reasons. And it wasn't as if Hiei were particularly careful when it came to his own.

Honestly, he more expected the redhead to have given him an answer as to why he'd said it in that irritating, teasing way of his rather than a real response when he'd mentioned it in the first place. What a stupid thing to say. What a ridiculous complaint; especially in relative terms to the risks Hiei tended to take often enough.

It wasn't as if he expected the fox not to take such risks. It wasn't as if he even expected the redhead to be able to keep his own all the time. He was only human after all. And it certain ly wasn't as if he expected him to be around forever. That would be the dumbest notion of all.

It wasn't as if he cared...

An aggravated growl lightly pierced his chest as he lost track of that last part. It came as he felt as though he might be on the brink of something that had just squirmed its way right through his fingers and slink into an unseen corner. And it came because he was suddenly very aware of his body again.

The water the floating feeling of a relaxed state had to offer drained away quickly and dried up any true looseness his body had retained up until now. Because slim fingers were rolling over his shoulders and down over his chest. And soft lips were pressed into a pulse point that held a nearly silent beat.

This was a sensitive area that drew an instinctive need for protection and lack of exposure. It was entirely impossible not to tense against the teeth that tested at it a moment later. No matter how skilled those fingers were, they wouldn't have stopped that reaction.

Although he wasn't sure if they would have stopped the latter reaction. It wasn't something he was unfamiliar with in the least. A cold heat searing through him from neck to toes and back up that could be mistaken for anxiety or having been sufficiently startled; if not for the particular type of shutter that raced through that near dead pulse a moment later. There was no shiver, but he was once again keenly aware of the fact that he had a body, that he was properly connected with the ground, and what it had just felt.

The reaction, it seemed, had been a growl. And while it might have sounded like it, it wasn't actually sounding off as a warning as it usually might. It had simply been a reaction to the startling change Kurama's touch had taken on suddenly.

Small digits curled tighter in their grip, just slightly, and Hiei's head tilted and turned in a way that allowed sharp crimson eyes to peer down on the fox who had lowered himself to his level while still managing to loom over him in a way. The sharp look came as the warning; the sure grip stating a willingness to change their position if he saw fit.

He might.... Depending on the answer...

"What are you doing?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom