Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tokyo Guide [rskde and Sigr]

Ryan bites the inside of his cheek, maybe she didn't like it and he had just stolen her first kiss from her.. That just didn't feel right to him. His eyes flick down to the floor, her saying that she didn't know just brought up more doubts and insecurities than imaginable, though he pushes them down and nods, his face back to that neutral expression that he wore like a mask in the airport, no longer than fun-loving face that she had seen playing video games with her. "Okay.." He says quietly.

He looks to the screen as the pictures were ready, scrolling through them until they got to the last one. He slightly smiles before pressing the DELETE button, the picture disappears, like it had never happened. "If I wanted a picture of me kissing someone, I would want them to remember it as fondly as I would." He says quietly before working on the pictures, editing all of them to his preference before printing them, two copies for each picture so that Aoi could take them.

Before they left the stand he takes her arm, as to prevent her from leaving. "Aoi, can we retake that last picture?" He asks her, obviously having regretted deleting it. "I mean, not the way that it was.. I just want something to remember Japan by." He explains. "If you don't want to, it's fine.. I figured it was just worth a shot." He says, biting the inside of his cheek as his face flushes ripe red.

Even if Aoi had tried to joke, she couldn't take back what had happened, and Ryan was back to his usual self, without a trace of the one she had been enjoying the place with. He barely talked, and ended up deleting the picture of the kiss before editing the rest. Aoi felt sad after he said that he didn't want a memento of it if she didn't enjoy the moment, and looked down while Ryan edited the pictures. Why did she had to lie? Even if it had been weird and surprising, she had liked it but she didn't dare to admit it.

Aoi was dragging her feet out of the booth when Ryan stopped her, so bothered with herself that she didn't even felt startled. "This is not proper..." Aoi muttered once he had said his piece, looking at Ryan's hand on her arm, but her voice sounded weak, frail. She wanted for him to have a nice trip, that was precisely the reason why she was there, and yet she was making things harder, spoiling everything. Looking up to Ryan, Aoi noticed how red he was, seeing another side of him made her eyes open a bit wider.

She sighed, Aoi couldn't keep up guiding Ryan without being honest, so either she or the lies would have to go. She was afraid that he wouldn't want to continue after hearing what she had to say, but she couldn't keep the charade. "I want to take that picture, but not now" Aoi said, trying to be firm and serious. "I can't... I can't kiss you back without..." even if she was determined, finding the words was hard as she blushed matching Ryan's face. "There is something you have to know first, something I should have told you" she sighed. The air felt heavy on the booth, the atmosphere suddenly cramped. The noise of the machines felt distant for a moment, as if they were alone in the world.

Ryan watches her as she mutters that it wasn't proper for them to do that, and she was right but in all honesty he didn't really care. He bites the inside of his cheek once more, a nervous habit that he had received from a numerous amount of years on this Earth where he would have to deal with awakward situations precisely like this one. He didn't want things to be awkward between them but she was so beautiful and she had tried to kiss him too! Though hers was aimed for his cheek and he had instead caught her lips by accident.

"What do you need to tell me?" He asks her while watching her. She had said that she couldn't kiss him yet, and he was a little confused by the meaning. She was stumbling over her words and his eyebrows furrow together as they are completely in their own little world. "Cmon Aoi, just say it." He says to her. "What do I have to know that is so important?" He asks quietly.

Ryan seemed worried, or maybe he was angry and restraining himself, Aoi didn't know him enough as to decipher first his silence, then his eagerness to know, to have his questions answered. Aoi had hoped to find a good moment to tell him what was going on, but not on the first day, and not like that, not after sharing an accidental kiss... She felt trapped in that reduced space, and Ryan was pressing her for answers, something he had the right to, as Aoi felt terrible for having lied to him.

"I'm not your guide, okay?" Aoi blurted, spurred by Ryan's words. "And I'm not eighteen either" she added, almost defiant, since Ryan wanted to know the truth, she was going to give it to him. After those words, Aoi felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders, but the sensation lasted for only a moment, as there was much explaining to do. "I didn't mean to... but..." after her moment of courage, Aoi was back to her fidgety self. "I'm not an official guide, not yet. But my... my grandpa was, Furukawa Kuro. He's the one you communicated through email with, although I knew everything since I helped him, he was no good with computers..." Aoi started to explain, a small smile appeared in her face, but her eyes were sad, melancholic.

"He had devoted her life to make sure people enjoyed his country, and even if my parents don't like it, I wanted to do the same, so I learned and trained to be a guide someday" Aoi sighed, her arms dangled on her sides, without energy. "But then... my grandpa got sick a couple of weeks ago, so I kept the messages for him, talking with you, getting the trip ready while he recovered..." Aoi sniffled, avoiding to look at Ryan. "But he never did, my grandpa passed away four days ago" she admitted, her voice almost mute.

"He'd have hated to leave you without a guide, and I felt like I could do it, like I could..." Aoi trembled, covering her mouth. She had thought that she was stronger than that, but remembering her grandfather and admitting to her lies was getting the best of her. "And now I messed up... I failed..." she sobbed.

Ryan watches her as she speaks, telling him that she had lied to him, she wasn't his guide nor was she eighteen like she had said she was, he bites the inside of his cheek at her words, thinking to himself before looking back to her, she looked like she was about to cry from admitting these small details to him, he really didn't even have to think about his response.

His arms wrap around her and he pulls her close to him. "You didn't fail." He says to her quietly. "I'm sorry for your loss, Aoi, but you are the best guide I could have asked for, it doesn't matter that you weren't meant to be my guide because I love every second of time I've been spending with you here in Tokyo." He says. "How old are you, anyway?" He asks while pulling back so that he could look into her eyes this time. "And don't lie again." He says teasingly, a smile breaking across his stoic face now.

He rests his forehead against hers. "I don't care how old you are either, you're the most gorgeous person I've ever laid eyes on." He admits,

When Ryan pulled Aoi in a sudden embrace, her arms came back to life, hugging his chest as it was a life saver, managing to calm herself against his torso, even if that meant hiding her head from him. He talked about how she was the best he could ask for, how he had been loving every second of it. Aoi knew he was being generous, even if honest, since they had been together just hours but... it was true that many hours more they had been exchanging emails while he thought she was her grandfather, just another elderly guide.

Aoi almost resisted Ryan when he pulled her back, hiding her eyes from him while he talked, while he asked for her age. She was too embarrassed to face him, but he leaned in, resting his forehead against hers once more and now she had nowhere to go. Aoi saw his eyes, now brighter, and Ryan also had a small smile on his face, something that really made her feel better.

"Nobody... nobody has ever called me... gorgeous" Aoi mumbled, dazzled by the compliment, worked up about his proximity. It was very irregular in Japan for people to be that touchy, that effusive, to open themselves like that and yet... Aoi found freedom in Ryan's acceptance. She wanted to hug him, to kiss him, to see all of wondrous Tokyo with him, but she had first a question that needed answering.

"S-Sixteen" Aoi admitted, blushing but managing a small smile.

Ryan sighs with relief as she accepts his embrace, even burying her face into his chest Ashe spoke to her of how she was the best he could have asked for, though she didn't really seem to believe him. "Honestly Aoi, you're doing everything perfectly." He says while rubbing her back with his hand lightly, just trying to comfort her while she sobbed about her lies and how her grandfather had passed very recently.

A small grin breaks across his face. "Well, get used to it because you are." He says to her gently, when she admitted her age to him he nods. "You look eighteen to me." He says before once again pressing his lips against hers, very gently and caring. When he breaks away his eyes open. "We should count that as your first kiss." He mutters to her while smiling.

"You're beautiful, I am very lucky to have received you as my guide.. Keep up the good work." He whispers to her, pressing his lips to her cheek, staying with his forehead against hers, lost in their own little world.

Ryan had accepted not only her age but her whole situation as Aoi talked. They may come once the moment had passed, but he didn't have any questions at the time, there were no further answers he needed before taking Aoi in and leaning to kiss her. That second time Ryan kissed her that day did caught her by surprise too, but she didn't receive him tense and with open eyes. Aoi closed her eyes and gently returned the kiss the best she could, her soft lips cushioning the ones of the taller man, while she almost tip toed chasing him for more once it was over. Aoi just nodded when Ryan said that their first kiss didn't count and that was the real first one, as she had no words for it.

He was so close that with just whispers was enough to hear him, as she was just overwhelmed by how generous he had been to her lies, how tender in his kiss. "Thank you" she just mumbled to his compliments, his kiss on the cheek. In her ignorance she once has been afraid of how a man could be rough, specially if it was a foreigner one, with their rude customs, their hands everywhere. But Ryan was sweet, and Aoi felt cared for, welcomed. She just wanted to hug him, to rest in his arms until the place closed, but there were many places to see, many places to be...

"Ah!" Aoi's familiar yelp of surprise returned. "If you like videogames there is a shop you must see!" feeling comfortable with Ryan, Aoi was back into her usual guide self. Sure, no professional guide would behave like that, and she seemed like an over enthusiastic friend, well girlfriend if she stopped to think about it something that she wasn't specially eager to do.

Ryan sighs gently as he feels her lips pressing back against his, it was a feeling of bliss and relief that she even wanted to kiss him back, his hand on her cheek as he stares into her eyes, not caring about how she wasn't supposed to be his guide or how they weren't technically even supposed to be doing this, he just wanted to spend the moment with her. He wishes that they could stay there forever, stay in their warm embrace until they couldn't do it anymore.

"A place I need to see?" He asks with a grin. He takes her hand and she leads him out of the booth. "I do really like video games, I hope I will enjoy it." He says with a chuckle while running off with her, maybe planning on purchasing some video games for them to play.

Out of the noisy Sega building and out on the streets, Akihabara looked different. Even if the dusk was approaching and there was still a reasonable amount of daylight, the place has turned on its whole flourish, the lights making the sky look pitch black instead of deep blue. It was crazy and now more than ever seemed to be some kind of surreal nerd paradise. There was so much to see and do, but it was just the first day and the place was ridiculously close to the hotel, so it was easy to just drop by at the end of every day if they had time to spare. It would be time to have dinner soon, but first Aoi seemed fixated on showing Ryan one more spot.

3pRrkZu.jpg

Going across the street, now Aoi was holding his hand without as much embarrassment as before, and anyone who looked at them would see a couple, not a tourist and a guide. "This is the retro shop if you talk about videogames. Welcome to Super Potato" she gestured to the three floor shop that as many places around was built vertically and the entrance was just a small door. "It's worth it just to look, it's almost like a museum for retro games while still being a shop" Aoi guided him through cramped stairs. The place seemed a controlled chaos, as a wealth of old games, consoles and home computers were carefully stockpiled around. There were a couple floors more upstairs, but the one they were in seemed to house the oldest that the shop had, the first Nintendo and Sega consoles and a few bizarre Japan only accessories. Some of them were hooked to old CRT televisions, showing the game in that moment and place as it was when it first came out.

39VQeyu.jpg

Ryan takes her hand and runs with her out of the SEGA building, a big smile on his face as she leads him to the next building with all of the video games inside, Tokyo at night was a much different place, so much more beautiful than he had anticipated. They did look like a couple as they walked into the store, his hand giving hers a light squeeze whenever they stopped his arm was around her, just to show off that they were together. While they looked at games in the store Ryan was slightly distracted by her, the smile never leaving his face. "You were right, this place is amazing." He admits while looking down at her, his arm draped over her shoulder. "I don't think I'm going to buy anything, though." He admits. "We could head back to the hotel unless you have anything else to show me?" He asks.

Even if welcomed, Aoi was still feeling embarrassed with how touchy Ryan was in public, the fact that such a thing made look them like a couple in public was the one main thing contributing to her blushing. Well, were they a couple? Kissing like that, they should be, but yet again even if she knew the language, Aoi knew little about the United States or their customs. Ryan's words had clearly been more than friendly, right? Of course they were, there was no reason to be there second guessing that. "Hmm?" Aoi almost didn't hear Ryan, lost in her doubts.

"I was thinking of having dinner before... before going home" Aoi mumbled, her plans were of course in disarray after that kiss. What did he meant with going to the hotel? He wouldn't... nonono. Ryan was gentle and tender, he wouldn't just propose such a thing out of the blue, it was just her innocent mind thinking at a thousand miles per hour. Aoi looked at Ryan, her face heavily blushed due to her own thoughts.

Ryan thinks for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, dinner sounds nice." He says with a smile. "Where were you planning on taking me?" He asks while looking to her, his hand still in hers. "Somewhere romantic maybe? As my girlfriend you gotta romance me." He says teasingly, his smile seemingly stretching across his whole face. "I'm messing with you.. About the romancing thing at least.. You are my girlfriend, aren't you?" He asks her quietly, also unsure of Japanese customs on the matter.

"Where I come from some people just kiss and wander off but that's not me." He says with a shrug. "So, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks, giving her hand a light squeeze. He seemed to be just as much in doubt as she was, still unable to believe that they had clicked this quickly. "After dinner though, I gotta go back to the room, to get some rest.. I'm sure tomorrow will be busy." He says with a smile on his face, he would of course never suggest something like her staying with him unless she offered.

"Ahhh..." Aoi blushed head to toe, and hide her face on Ryan's chest, something that didn't help much. She could feel his breath, and tried to calm herself to not look so crazy or make a scene. "Yes" the word came muffled, as Aoi was still buried on his chest. "I want to be... I am your girlfriend" she added, managing to separate from him and look upwards with those black eyes, shining with the colored lights of Akihabara. Building some courage up, she stood on her tip toes and landed a brief clumsy kiss on Ryan's lips.

"I have no romantic dinner for you though..." she added with a smile, being playful helped her be less embarrassed and show both her inexperience and age. "I offer you something very Japanese and quite quick, so you can be in the hotel soon, come" she added, taking Ryan around the multitude of people wandering Akiba. The lights flashed around, maids kept offering flyers for their cafes and some kind of anime promo blared on a giant monitor on a building. It was crazy and dreamlike, but it was happening, it was real. The couple went through a few colorful streets, the big Akihabara train station and a huge electronics mall when Aoi finally stopped in front of a McDonald's. Ryan couldn't be fooled even for a second, as Aoi was cutely giggling, unable to hide her laugh. "Hah, no, just kidding" and he guided Ryan to a restaurant nearby. "Their fries are good though" she commented, as a teenager she was no stranger on indulging herself there.

"Here we are" Aoi stood next to Ryan in front of something that was indeed very Japanese and quite surreal. The place was seemingly specialized on a wide variety of noodles, but had other things like rice with vegetable curry, deep fried who knows what, and some odd looking yellow bowls that were hard to guess what they got. "Yes, they are plastic, but I assure you that the real dish is exactly like that, or nobody would come here" Aoi promised, seeing Ryan's face. The rations looked more than reasonable and the prices indicated next to them were quite cheap, as the most expensive sets seemed to cost like six bucks and included both noodles and something else like curry rice or those weird bowls. "Remember the number of the thing you want" Aoi commented, pointing to the numbers beside each plate. "Any doubts?" she asked with a smile that showed that she wasn't just having fun, but also had something else up her sleeve.

wdpYKOe.jpg

Ryan's hands wrap around her as she hides her face in his chest, a big smile on his face. He laughs as she looks up at him and speaks, giving her a wink. "Good to hear, I'm glad you aren't too embarrassed." He says to her teasingly, his lips pressing back agaisnt hers as she presses hers to his. "You know, you're getting much better at that." He mutters to her, his forehead still resting agaisnt hers.

He moves away from her when she mentions that she knew a place for them to eat, he gives her a nod. "Lead the way." He says with a smile, slipping his hands into his pockets as he walks with her to first a McDonald's, which he shakes his head at. "You'd be a better comedian if you didn't giggle so much." He says with a laugh, giving her a playful little push before walking with her to the actual restaurant, standing in line with her while looking up at the menu. "Number four looks good." He admits, it was just so noodles, chicken, and rice. "Number four, got it." He says with a smile, reaching for his wallet to get the Yen from.

"I can't help to giggle if I'm having fun" Aoi admitted, since her McDonald's joke had been quite transparent. "Here, this is why I told you to remember the number, I want the number seven" she said, pointing it to a machine that wouldn't look out of place in a metro station. "You put the money in, push the button and then we take the tickets to the counter inside" she instructed. It seemed practical and fast, but also a bit alien and weird. Once they had the tickets for their food and any drink Ryan wanted since Aoi was having water, they headed up inside.

UuTWVXe.jpg

It was a pretty cozy place, or just small if one felt less generous with a few scattered clients here and there, most of them slurping on noodles. Taking the tickets to the counter, the cook behind it looked at Ryan asking "Soba? Udon?" with an inquiring face. "Your noodles. Soba are thin ones, usually made from buckwheat flour, and Udon are thick ones made from wheat flour" she explained. After answering they sat down and Aoi served water for her and Ryan if he wanted, as in front of every couple seats or so was a jar of water, glasses and chopsticks, and a variety of garnishing in small pots.

Aoi smiled and watched Ryan look around, slightly blushing every time his eyes returned to hers. In a couple of minutes, the server called their plates and they were able to get their trays and take them to their seats. Ryan's had his order or noodles in a rich broth, crispy and hot fried chicken, the traditional white rice to go with and a small plate with assorted pickled vegetables. Aoi's number seven was curry rice with a pork cutlet on top, simple and good looking.

"Itadakimasu" Aoi said, the usual Japanese phrase before eating, not much different from the French 'Bon Appétit' after all and took a couple chopsticks from a cup in front of her. She was about to use them to stuff her mouth when she stopped, looking at Ryan. "Do you know how to use these?" she asked, "it isn't hard, I can teach you if you don't" added, tilting her head, looking helpful. She didn't know how familiar different people of the world were with those. Her grandpa had told her stories about foreigners that couldn't manage how to handle them, yet others were perfectly fine with those, so with Ryan it remained to be seen what was going to be.

Ryan nods to her and follows her lead to the machine, putting in his number and the money before taking his ticket and following her to a line by the counter and waiting, when the chef asked his question Ryan gives Aoi a really confused look, but she rapidly answers his question and he nods. "Thanks. Udon please." He says to the chef who gives him a nod.

They walk to a seating area and sit, Ryan sitting across from her and smiling at her when she serves him water. "Thanks." He says with a laugh, rubbing the back of his head. "That was awkward, that guy was looking at me like I am stupid." He says with a chuckle, sitting back in his chair. Once their plates were called he stands with Aoi and grabs his order, which had been his small plate and a bottle of Coke, as it was his favorite soda.

When they sit down he nods to her, trying the chicken first as it was something he was more familiar with, he didn't really know how to use chop sticks so he ends up stabbing a piece of chicken with one of them and eating it that way. He laughs when she asked if he knew how and he shakes his head. "No, I never figured it out." He admits while rubbing the back of his head. My eyes meet yours. "Teach me?" He asks.

"Some tourists are pretty dense, so some waiters try to overcompensate" Aoi smiled hearing Ryan's remark about how the cook looked at him. "Ah!" Aoi's trademark yelp made a comeback as Ryan stabbed the chicken without a second thought, prompting a maternal "Nonono" out of her, even if she couldn't stop smiling. "Of course I'll teach you, it's pretty easy and you'll have it under control in a day or two, you'll see" Aoi promised, nodding three or four times.

She took hold of his right hand with her smaller ones and gave him just one of his chopsticks. "Here, grab it as you would grab a pencil" Aoi instructed. "Move a little bit like that..." she helped him position it. "You got it, now we add the second one here" Aoi took the second chopstick and slid it in the soft meaty part of his hand, between the thumb and the index finger. "Now that they are on place, try to separate them and bring them together, touching the tips" she instructed. "Slowly... that's it, that's the basic move" she nodded.

"Until you feel confident, you can grab the food recipient with the other hand and bring it closer to your mouth, shorten the travel time" Aoi offered. "As you gain practice, that would be less and less needed, believe me" she smiled.

Ryan laughs as she practically scolds him for using the chopstick like a fork. "Can't I just have a fork?" He asks with an amused look on his face. "It's that easy, huh?" He says with a laugh while allowing her to manipulate his fingers around the chop sticks, he was really hungry so asking him to start with the receipt earned her a pouting face.

"I'm hungry, Aoi." He says with a laugh before practicing with the receipt, bringing it to his mouth and back to the table and giving her a look like 'okay, I did it'. He then starts to practice with food, keeping his plate close as sometimes he would slip up and drop a piece of food, but with the plate so close it normally fell on to the plate.. Except for a few off occasions where the food ended up on the floor and the waiter would shoot him a dirty look, trying to tell him to just use a fork.

The crispy chicken was more or less easy to handle and bite into, and the white rice was so sticky that Ryan didn't have a hard time picking clumps and bringing them to his mouth, even if some lonely grains opted to fall. The tasty noodles were another thing entirely, as they were a bit more slippery than the rest, although their length made them easier to catch. "You can slurp both noodles and broth" Aoi instructed, and judging for the sounds that the other clients made, such thing was not an etiquette problem in Japan. "I hope you like it, even if it's a pretty simple dinner" she said.

Curiously enough, even if she was giving him chopstick advice, her dinner of choice, the curry rice with pork cutlet came with a small white spoon to eat, as it was customary on certain dishes if you wanted to scoop the sauce. "I like this kind of place, it's fast and simple" Aoi nodded, almost to herself. "Do you want to taste the curry?" she said, rising a spoonful of rice, vegetables and curry sauce. "It's not spicy, just very tasty" Aoi explained in case Ryan didn't like spicy foods.

Ryan looks around at all of the people slurping their food, it was certainly weird considering in the United States eating loudly pissed everyone off, especially slurping. So he doesn't do it, he just continues to eat with the chop sticks before looking up to Aoi to explain himself. "I don't really think slurping is for me." He says with a laugh, once he was done he sat back in his chair and sighing while biting the inside of his cheek, obviously full.

He shakes his head when she offers him curry. "I might explode if I eat any more." He says with a laugh. "Thank you, though, I appreciate it." He says with a smile, running a hand through his hair. He was ready to get some sleep, he had had an exhausting flight and an exhausting day and bed sounded really good right about now.

"More for me!" Aoi said with a smile, finishing her plate and chugging a big gulp of water. She was satisfied with it and it seemed to her that Ryan had already had his fill. "We should start the walk back to the hotel" she said, sounding still happy but a bit bummed that she had to part. Picking up the trays and leaving them in the spot designated for it, they were ready for the walk back. Akihabara was hectic and colorful at that time of the early night, and it still was hiding a few spots, but she couldn't be greedy and Ryan needed the rest.

Walking back with Ryan, Aoi reached to hold his hand, getting accustomed to do that much at least. "Remember the metro station where we arrived? I can go with you there and then you just have to go up the slope to the hotel" Aoi said. "I'll take the metro back home" she explained. "If you don't feel super sure about it, I can go with you to the hotel, then go down the slope to the station" Aoi offered, in case Ryan was awful at orienting himself or he had any more questions about it.

"I'll be on the hotel lobby tomorrow morning, waiting for you after you have breakfast. Oh yeah, I didn't tell you that" Aoi remembered. "The hotel has a small restaurant just below. They will give you a breakfast ticket in the hotel lobby so you can go there and have breakfast, it's included in the price" she nodded. "The restaurant can be accessed by the slope, just before the hotel, or through the hotel elevator" she finished explaining.

"So... at what hour do you want me to be there once you had woken up, showered, had breakfast and so on?" Aoi asked, as the timetable was pretty flexible. "Eight? Nine o'clock? It can be sooner as well, but there is no rush, the day is long. We are getting quite cultural tomorrow morning..." she said as a teaser for the day to come.

Ryan laughs and watches her finish off her curry, a big smile on his face as she does so. They stand and he chuckles, her hand going into his, he gives it a light squeeze as they walk back to the hotel. When they approach the metro station he looks to her. "Aoi, could you walk up the slope with me? I just want to spend a little bit more time with you before we have to part for the night." He says to her softly, a smile on his face.

He nods his head. "Breakfast sounds like a plan, I'll grab the ticket when I get into the lobby along with my keys.. I'm still confused about them taking the keys." He says with a laugh, rubbing the back of his head with a nervous laugh. "Normally back home they just hand you a keycard and you keep it on your person until you check out." He explains with a laugh, giving her hand a squeeze.

"Nine o'clock, I'd like to sleep in." He says with a laugh, pulling her into a hug when they get outside of the lobby. He presses his lips to hers one last time for the night. "I'll see you tomorrow." He mutters to her while resting his forehead against hers. "I'll miss you tonight, though." He says.

"Of course..." Aoi nodded with a smile, following Ryan up the slope. Even if they didn't say anything, the moment was still nice and a welcome respite on a most hectic day, full of emotions running high. "It's an old fashioned place with an old fashioned key and old fashioned rules" Aoi answered with a shrug, returning the squeeze with her smaller hand. "Nine it is then..." Aoi fidgeted unsure, but soon Ryan pulled her in for a hug and a kiss, their bodies joining in that too warm a night. Her eyes were lost in his while he rested his forehead on hers, "tomorrow" she echoed, taking a step back.

Ryan's words made her blush, saying that he was going to miss her during the night. Too embarrassed to even think about what he meant, Aoi couldn't think of an answer, and just stuttered "me t-too!" embarrassing herself even further. Unable to face the situation, she just turned, and skipped down the slope towards the metro station. Me too? Well of course she was going to miss him during the night, but did Ryan mean that he wanted... well, it was a thing that boyfriends and girlfriends did, right? Too much, it was too much, and Aoi felt tempted to get a water bottle out of a vending machine just to empty it on her burning face.

Her trip home was like stepping out of a dream and returning to a less welcoming reality, but it didn't matter as much as she'd return to the dream the very next morning.

"Good night, Aoi." He says with a chuckle, giving her a parting kiss before leaving her, wishing that they could stay together for a bit longer that night. He walks upstairs and opens the door to his room, closing it behind him and giving a small sigh before getting dressed into a t-shirt and sweatpants. He then walks over to his bed and groans softly as he lays down, taking one of the pillows that he wasn't using and clutching it to his chest.

Ryan then closes his eyes and sighs softly as he falls asleep, his body adjusting to the sleepless day and the odd bed that he was laying on, used to a steady frame instead of just a mattress. In the morning he wakes to his phone alarm going off at 8:30 and groans, rubbing his eyes while getting up and getting dressed for the day. He takes his ticket to eat breakfast and brushes his teeth before getting his shoes on and walking downstairs, getting some breakfast for himself.

Breakfast took him to about nine o'clock and now he waits in the lobby for Aoi to come and pick him up, he had already passed his keys to the lady behind the desk.

Back
Top Bottom