Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Deserted Island [Recruiting closed]

Sigr

Magenta Goon
08Q2DxL.png

This is an idea I initially wanted to explore on a 1 on 1 game, but I thought it could as well be expanded to cover 3 to maybe 5 or 6 people, even if getting a group that big will probably be too hard.

The basic premise is a pretty simple one. An international airplane crashes in the sea close to a deserted island and the player characters are the only ones that survive. The twist that I think could be interesting to explore is that all of them are from different countries and none of them speaks English. The idea was born when I saw that Blue Moon is an international community with people from around the world, so I wanted to make use of it. The narration would be in third person as usual, but the characters could only speak in one of the languages only their player knows, making so the characters will have to understand each other with body language and simple ideas, using English exclusively for the narration.

For that to work, I would encourage for players to be descriptive of the nuances of their characters, their gestures, and without cheating with google translator, of course. In case of interest and/or doubts, just post here.

I'm going to write a brief example to maybe help clarify the doubts:

"Que demonios..." he mumbled, his vision hazy, sand all over his tattered clothes. He couldn't remember how he reached that place, did someone drag him out of the plane? The plane. They had crashed on the sea, he could still remember the certainty of his impending death, and yet there he was, the plane half sunk close to the beach. "Sangre..." he took his right hand to his forehead, looking at the blood on his fingers, finally noticing an unconscious girl close by. "¡Eh! ¿Estás bien? Parece seguir viva..." he muttered, reaching for her, trying to remember the reanimation procedure...

RE: Deserted Island - A game about human communication

I tend to play all kinds of characters and I had no preestablished idea of what kind of character I am going to play, so it's fine.

I think that one thing maybe has been unnoticed from the initial pitch, since I see Tool picking languages. The game it's supposed to require the player knowing the language their character is going to speak, just saying. For the sake of authenticity mostly.

Oh. No worries! I'll bow out then since I only speak English, American, and Texan. Thanks!

Well, as I said, it was the initial pitch, but we could send that rule away since with it we seem to have no game.

Well... if one speaks english, others may not Understand as well...

But what really ...uh... interests... is if is a fxfxf or mxfxf thing ^^

Oh I am the same as AnnaBeth I speak only English and Texan but I would still like to play in this

I guessed as much, it was a pretty hard requirement to make. Considering that it's more important to have willing players interested by the topic that the gimmick itself, I'd say that we could leave that requirement aside.

So that makes us four, two female characters, two undecided.

Just to state... i only RP fem. Never even had to RP males

I highly prefer to play female.

Also someone might want to PM AnnaBeth incase they haven't checked the response since their last post

So thoughtful of you. :)

I'm still here.

Uh... but... would you prefer playing as female, male or "whatever is needed"? :)

I'll wait a bit before committing and talk with Sigr to see what they prefer to help the game. :)

I can go either F or M, really, I can do both. So we can either end with a four female game or a FFFM one. I'm fine with both as long as it doesn't turn into a harem game, as it would feel unfair. I could also double with any gender, but since I have few limits about how to play I'm interested about hearing the opinion of the rest of you.

We can have a game about four women of different places and languages having to survive in the island, finding support between themselves even if they don't quite understand each other. We can have a game about how what could be a fantasy, a man and three women on a deserted island, soon proves that it's nothing like his wild dreams... and so on.

Well... speaking of opinions... i would greatly favour the presence of a male; not to be the one to bring it for smut purpses (to me it can be even a PEGI 13 RP) but a man could create more intricate scenarios: starting with the awkwardice if the, womens loose a piece of garment... the way they would behave knowing that a man is around with them alone...

But again, i will stay here anyway, i am just too curious about the human-component of the game to leave

I'm thinking of playing a male chef, someone young and promising that it's quickly rising in fame on the competitive scene of the northern Spain and now, during a trip to broaden his culinary horizons he's going to see that his modern cooking it's not of much use where he has ended.

So...
We already have
An italian tourist, a Sapmi woman and a spanish chef

This mixture already tastes delicious

I will play a young Vietnamese woman who was traveling to another country as a foreign exchange student to get away from her rural life and the Vietnamese traditions

Also another important question( at least for me it is)

Where will this island be? In the Pacific, The Atlantic, or the Indian ocean?

A nice caribbean-ish hellish paradise? :3

I don't know if the Solomons would be the best choice because they are inhabited making it more likely to be picked up by a Fisher or something

Just making a literary joke. :)

I was thinking Pacific Ocean, warm, sometimes stormy, isolated, unexplored and mysterious. It's not like the characters will be quite aware where they are, but the whole idea tells me "Pacific Ocean" even if I'm not sure why. I guess that since is the furthest one from where I live it has that exotic and unknown quality to it.

Should I open an OOC thread and a Profile thread already or is there something else to discuss? It's not like we couldn't keep talking it through even after that, but yeah.

I am ready for it ^^

In the profile thread do you plan to give us specifics of what you want to see or will we just post what we believe is needed?

I'm ready

Back
Top Bottom